Our King
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At Koji's location...

Koji could tell that today, was one of the most important days of the year. One that would decide the fate of humanity, which is why he wanted to personally make sure that the Federation still had a course. He trained all night, till that morning, just to make sure he was ready.

So when Morki, a tall, muscular warrior, with a light complexion and a large mace, magnetically strapped to his back, attacked him in mid air, he didn't hesitate to act. While the other Nova's panned out taking on members of the Dai Hito.

The kings were alone. This was his chance he thought, as he sliced apart a large boulder of ice and dodged flashes of electricity, whizzing past him.

"Static: Ryū no hōkō." Instantaneously he switched into third gear, while quick drawing his sword, towards Mado's direction. Lightning struck his blade mid-swing, as he launched out a whitish-blue wave of razor electricity, aiming for the King's life.

Suddenly, appearing in front of his attack, Linoj, another Dai Hito glared at him, as he caught it with his bare hands, then absorbed the electricity. His head was spotless, except for a well trimmed silver-glowing goatee. "You'll need to do better." Koji heard him say, as jaws of ice, chomped down, swallowing him whole.

On the outside, Linoj leaped at lightning speed, kicking the prison, flying far away from his king. He looked at Morki, who nodded back. Then together, they flew after Koji.

Stopping to hover above him, as he sliced open the dome he was encased in. Spikes of ice lined the shells of the dome, but they were cut orbitally, and likely before impact.

Morki grinned, speaking out loud to their guest. "You have guts attacking our King."

Koji pointed his sword at him, then sheathed it. "I'm not interested in infantrymen. I'm here for your King."

The laugh Morki let out, was hysterical but nervous. He looked over at Linoj, who shook his head, not finding it funny. "Ahh, you're too funny kid. What's your name boy?" He ended up asking.

"Why? I won't remember yours."

Morki's smile faded quickly, as he started to get angry. "Is that so? Well suit yourself. You'll just be another offering to the Lords of Marrhalla."

The General reached his hand out, shifting into third gear as the ground began to tremble. Ice creeped up out of the ground in a diameter of almost ten meters and climbed up another twenty, completing the cylinder. A pole like hilt, sprung out from the middle, crashing heavily into the ground.

Koji, could tell he was up to something, as the temperature around them had started to rise. He watched as Morki, flicked his hand up, calling forth the giant hammer to rise and begin spinning. The Nova shocked, noticed moltened rocks lining the tip of the hammer. "Jotun Dio!" The General yelled, then set it off.

Koji watched the hammer boomerang up and at him, as he leaped into the air to escape its reach. However, at the same time, a strike of lightning converged towards him. They weren't going to give him a break.

He unsheathed his sword, reinforcing it with electricity and redirected the lighting down to the ground. Then turned just in time as the hammer closed in, returning on course. The heat was intense, with his sword being the only thing, keeping him from meeting its wrath.

His hair glowed silver as he released a large amount of energy, fighting against the hammer's centrifugal force, but was ultimately overwhelmed and sent flying across the terrain.

It was difficult to recompose himself, as he was forced to focus on deflecting strikes of lightning, constantly raining on him. As he landed, he thought of an idea that never occurred to him before.

He raised his hand, gathering his own, clouds above, and matched the timings of Linoj's strikes. Setting them off in a frenzy before they touched down.

A looming shadow caught his attention, as he looked up seeing the hammer, spin up sky high, then back down with incredible speed. Instinctively he leaped and called down a large, blue lightning strike towards the hammer's hilt, coursing through it until it connected with his blade on the other side.

"Static: Ryū no hōkō." He whispered as he shattered the hammer into pieces.

"You're stronger than you look. I'm surprised you're still in one piece." Morki, praised from high above him. Mist rolled off his body in clouds, as they seemingly covered the horizon, and engulfed in a large hemisphere like dome for nearly a kilometer. "Let's see if you can survive this."

There was nowhere to run, the most would soon engulf him. He held his breath and closed his eyes, wondering what was going to happen. Suddenly immense pressure welled up around his body, then stopped, as his body began to float and feel sufficated.

He opened his eyes, completely bewildered. It was as if he was plunged deep into an ocean. He looked up, seeing Morki, faintly floating above the body of water, with his arms spread out wide. "Welcome to my prison! Nár's Domain!"

Sea monsters, alien and of different kinds, manifested all around him. Each baring their fangs, and attacking on instinct. Koji, struggled to cut the first two down, cladding himself in electricity.

By the third, was when he realized he wouldn't have enough air and started panicking. He reached for the surface, but it got further and further away, as all the beasts behind him, chased him.

A thought struck him, from what he learned from Tobi and Helio. In space holding your air around you, while moving in space, takes tremendous amount of iko control. Helio, felt the same way, while fighting underwater. However for the other elements, when trapped in a similar, deadly environment, he theorized that the reverse could be done as well.

As he swam, carried by light currents of electricity, he closed his eyes and envisioned electricity, creeping out of every fibre of his being. Then wrapping him in a suit of air. He opened his eyes, and took a deep breath.

Then breathed out. Underwater, he couldn't he believe it. He watched as zaps of electricity, separated water into air around him, expanding his oxygen capacity.

Suddenly, a large amount of air, breezed around him, as he looked behind him bewildered. Linoj stood ten feet away from him, yet his air bubble completely engulfed Koji in, as he smirked. "You just figured out this technique didn't you? What matters is how long you can hold it" he looked at him in disgust once again. "Who do you think you are, going for our King?"

Koji noticed ice lining his armor and a helmet of ice, now on his head. He realized that they were aiding each other and that this wasn't going to be an easy fight.

Yet he stood his ground, as the sea monsters surrounded them. "We're Novas, Protectors of the Federation. You stood in our way first, expect to be knocked down." Static electricity cracked around them, as they both drew their swords. "Once I defeat you both, your King will be my next target."

Linoj smirked, "let's see you try. You couldn't even keep up with me when I was slaughtering your people."

Koji looked at him confused, then angry. "You were the terrorist in the mask?" Just realizing why he felt his iko was familiar.

Linoj smiled, as Koji got even more infuriated. He remembered chasing a masked man throughout the streets of Berlin, while Simon was occupied with another in Toronto. Both of Dai Hitos attacking, wrecked mass havoc that day.

"The Kings' orders are absolute. Sorry I couldn't finish the job." Linoj said, as he recalled how he was summoned back abruptly as he was destroying a skyscraper.

They leaped at each other, clashing and resulting a large shockwave rippling across the water, as their blades connected. Static electricity burst forth from the both of them, shattering the sea monsters. However, seconds later they reformed again, waiting for their chance.

The two broke apart, splitting the air bubble and decreasing the size for mobility. Thunder cracked overhead, as Koji felt the pressure of the ocean he was in, increase five times over.

Strained, he blinked just for a second, but Linoj was gone. Zooming around, like it was his domain. Multiple violet streaks of lightning descended down, shocking the waterover and over, even after it had become hazardous. Morki raised the heat of the lake, boiling it scalding hot. Only Linoj was safe from the heat.

Koji raised his sword, blocking several of the General's drive-by strikes. He struggled to think of a way out of his situation. The pressure was intense and he could feel his side affects beginning creep up on him.

Suddenly he felt a mass amount of energy being directed at him, from above. Distracting him as Linoj, sliced a gaping cut on his left side. He cried out in pain, but used the chance to look up.

Morki had begun tunneling a pathway towards him, through the body of water. Creating a enough space for a large sword. Its tip, was rocks moltened within a case of ice, before it melted off. Koji could feel a large amount of energy being poured into it. He didn't like his odds taking it head on.

"Farewell warrior of Earth, you have put up a good fight." Morki called out, although, the Nova couldn't hear him. "Carn Roya!" He dropped his hand down, signalling the swords descent, as it was pulled into the tunnel, like a vacuum.

Koji glanced below, feeling another outburst of intense energy. All of the electricity that had been shocking the water, began converging to a single point. The tip of Linoj's blade, heating it almost razor white. The General crouched, ready to pounce, then felt Morki's signal, and leaped at Koji. Aiming to cut him down.

He was pinched and he knew it. His arrogance had gotten to him. However, he didn't want to go down without a fight. He resolved himself, deciding to take out one of them with him. Then, a familiar course of energy, reminded him that he had other options.

Koji smiled. "He's telling me to surpass my limits." He whispered, while gripping his sword tight by his side. ""Static: Raijin Yoroi."

Seven floating orbs of electricity, spun rapidly behind his back. Linked by zaps of static electricity. He then turned around and rapidly jetted upwards, towards the wind tunnel up above him. Sea monsters attacked him from all sides, each promptly destroyed by electric monsters of his own imagination, popping out of the orbs floating behind him.

He glanced back, for just a second, seeing Linoj gaining on him. In front of him, the giant moltened ice sword, increased its speed. He had seconds.

As he poked his head above the surface of the water, he called out. "Static: Descending Tower!" He knew his body, could not handle using the full potential of Tobi's energy, but he disregarded the risks and summoned it anyway.

An endless horizon of dark clouds, spiraled across the sky. Converging electricity and density to its center, resulting in a violet, rapid, tree of lightning, ripping through the moltened ice sword and shattering it.

It struck his hand channeling into his blade, as he completely leaped out of the water. Then twisted quickly in one swift motion, spinning 360°, and sliced the air above him, as his blade connected below with Linoj's blade.

"Static: Denki Nisshoku." His sword glowed bright, as an outburst of energy and electricity aided it's descent, splitting Linoj's blade and cutting him and the ocean behind him in half. At the same time, Morki, stared in horror, as his vision got shaky, watching Koji turn and sheath his sword.

The floating sea of water dropped down, splashing the ground below, along with Linoj's body. Koji, looked up at Morki, struggling to speak. "You.. you're people will never win."

The Nova sighed. "We'll see about that." He replied, watching Morki's body split in two and splash down below.

Koji looked around, feeling the monster amounts of energy engaging each other, all over the planet. "Now, who needs my help the most?"

In the skies between Amaara and Namia...

From the moment they saw each other, they knew that it was death at first sight. The rest of the Novas, free-fell at their own pace, but Amaara, beamed forth. Boosting flames at her heels, at full speed.

Namia did the same, leaving the Dai Hito behind, after, Dema teleported them up. The two smiled, as they instinctively pulled their fists back. Amaara could feel someone, looking at her with the intent to kill, but shook it off, knowing that a Nova would deal with it. She knew that if she couldn't defeat this woman, none of them, would survive.

Time seemed to slow down for a second, before their fists connected. The impact was deafening, as two mirrored umbrellas of violet and blue flames clashed in the air above the executioner platform and shook the ground below.

Both of them had transformed into third gear, breaking apart at a stalemate, but Namia lurched forth and grabbed Amaara's hand. Locking both hands with her, as they spun around in flames for control, away from the platform.

Amaara managed to release her left hand, and used her right, as well as the force from spinning to throw her into the ground. However Namia landed on her feet, forming a crater below her.

"You got me away from the stage. Trying to protect something?" Amaara asked, sizing her up as she floated above her.

Namia spread her senses all over the planet. Assessing the situation. She felt like they made the right choice, the invasion will end quickly as long as her opponent was taken down. She looked back up at her, while gathering energy and smiled. "I just didn't want us to be interrupted."

Amaara could tell, she was formidable just from their first exchange. She realized she couldn't pull any punches. "Good, let's finish this quick. I have a few things I want to say to your Kings."

"Aside from my fist, the cold hard ground is the only thing you'll be talking to." Namia clapped back.

"Aww breaks my heart, I at least planned to light a fire for you." A bright flaming ball of fire, combusted to life, hovering above Amaara's palm. "Guess we're not the same."

She pointed the sphere at the General, prompting Namia to begin running. Then Amaara released it, razing the ground behind her, trying to catch her.

Namia flipped over and unsheathed her sword, sending three quick arcs of fire, through the air, towards Amaara. Who in turn in a burst of fire, dodged the slices and boosted herself to meet Namia's charge.

Engaging in a violent exchange of swords, as they each drew blood and burned each other, trying to gain the upper-hand. Amaara broke away first, shaking her head as she tried to catch her breath. She needed a new tactic. She was tougher than she would be.

Saphyra had briefed them on most of the Dai Hito she could get intel on. Warning Novas of the two most dangerous of them, Jurgun and Namia. Both of them were considered priority one along with the Dark Kings.

She held her sword out horizontally to her chest and grabbed hold of her blade with her left. Channeling forth energy from within her and emanating it out. She had learned a lot from Nur and Helio about domain control, and only practiced it a few times. However now was the time she felt like she would need it.

She hated how Saphyra had treated her after the events on Rennaya. Putting her through psych evaluation tests before every mission, as she'd sometimes, go off script and go overboard. Making it hard for Saphyra to maintain public image. However most of the Novas did not smile either.

This time though, Saphyra let her go without one and she didn't want to blow her chance. This mission, although at extreme difficulty, had to succeed.

Flames began rolling off her body, crushing the ground in ripples of fire, as soon as it touched the floor. Namia noticed what she was doing and smiled, then raised her sword and stabbed it into the ground. "Regora Ans, Mocoyo!"

A similar phenomenon occured around her, causing absolute destruction to the valley around them, as their ripples intersected, erupting a shockwave of fire. Setting ablaze everything for a kilometer radius.

Amaara stood within the flames glaring at Namia. She was forced to evenly share out her domain with her, as her iko was too difficult to overcome.

"Let's fight to our hearts desire!" Namia called out, over the sea of flames, crackling red, violet, blue and black.

Amaara sheathed her sword, as Namia pulled hers out of the ground and did the same. Some of the flames began climbing over each other over Amaara's body, and refining into armor. "Ignite: Flame Valkyrie."

Armor similar to Simon's, made out of fire, manifested on her arms and legs. Spreading out majestically behind her were wings made of blue and violet fire, shimmering and intertwining with each other, while still maintaining its shape.

Namia laughed out loud, "That's the form you take?"

Strings of fire, lined her cheeks like tiger whiskers, as blue and violet claw like gauntlets of fire, took shape over her hands and paws over her boots. "Beast Ganya."

She leaped, at sonic speed, clawing at the spot Amaara, was just in, as the environment sliced away in front of her. Amaara flew up high, clutching her fist. In it, she condensed flames into dozens of tiny marbles, then threw them down.

Setting off a clusterbomb of explosions down below, while Namia, leaped running and escaping each one. The general raised her hand forth, as a massive hand of fire, reached up out of the fire, and grabbed the Nova down and slamming her into the ground.

Amaara quickly burst out of its grip, as she heard Namia laugh out loud. "Hahahaha! It's unexpected, nations typically tremble before us, but yours chose to invade us for one individual." In a wisp of fire, Namia, reappeared in front of her. "Brave but stupid. None of you will get out of here alive. And.."

She paused as she threw four quick jabs at Amaara, who countered and used her wing to block a high kick. "Once I kill you, I will go eliminate that evil girl myself."

Amaara caught the hand she struck with, as she finished her sentence. Nearly crushing it, as she gripped hard on her wrist. Namia looked her dead in the eye, as she tried to pull her hand away.

There was no kindness. With her left, Amaara struck her hard in her chest, passing a wave of fire past her.

"Well then. If I take you out instead, won't all the problems be solved?" She had just finished her sentence and prepared to follow up, however golems of fire, shaped into Kirosian warriors, surrounded her. With one punching her, before she could react.

She was rocked back dozens of meters as she he heard, Namia laugh once more. Amaara realized the General was becoming more unhinged as the battle went on.

She unsheathed her sword, blocking a swing from a large flame warrior, wielding an axe, two more swung at her with swords, as the rest began to crowd around. Quickly she deflected it back, and took to the sky.

She pointed her hands down towards the valley. "Ignite: Bureh's Army!"

Thousands of African warriors rose out of flames, and made of it. Carrying swords, slings, spears and worn muskets, while charging at the flaming Kirosian warriors without hesitation.

She looked back up just in time, as Namia crashed into her, taking her with her away from the clash. The General kicked her once more as they both landed, pushing her just far enough, for a last strike to push her out of the domain.

Amaara, recovered quickly getting up on her feet and feeling the dust of the valley, instead of the heat of the fire. She looked up, seeing Namia, leap up and out of it.

However, just as she crossed the borders of the domain, all of the heat and fire, converged like it was vacuumed into a bright sphere, hovering up above her. She smiled as she threw it down, knowing Amaara wouldn't have enough time to counter it.

Yet although she pressed down with her full might, she still felt some resistance. Amaara barely hung on, as everything carved away around her. A barrier of fire, protected her from the intense beam.

Once she started to let up, Amaara crashed right into her, pushing her further into the sky. Then laid down a shower of strikes, as they continued to gain altitude. Pushing her higher one last time, before aiming to finish her off.

"Ignite-"The Nova began to say, however Namia, took her chance then, boosting off the air to bounce back and sock her with incredibly devastating force.

"Regora Mios." The General said, as she watched Amaara, crash down below. Without hesitation, she began preparing a sphere of fire, condensing it over and over, till it became violet hot. "Regora Ans, Droya."

The slight thought of giving up, crossed Amaara's mind as she laid there, watching the beam of fire, incoming. Inevitably she scrambled up and leaped out of the way. The General was on a different level than her other opponents, and she was already expending so much energy, just to keep up with her.

Suddenly Namia, stopped in her tracks, looking around till she focused in on the direction of the platform. "My King... He's been wounded."

Amaara spread her senses in the direction, she was looking, confused on what he was talking about. However before she could conclude on what she was seeing, she suddenly she felt a surge of energy from a familiar source, encouraging her to keep fighting.

She smiled, tearing up a little, as she stood with newfound strength. "As you can see we came prepared. Today your empire will fall!"

"As long as the King lives, we will never be defeated!" Namia shouted back. She clutched her chest, above her heart, while gathering energy. Dark energy started creep over her in small wisps of smoke and electricity. "Regora Liberation."

Half a skull with blood red tribal art, manifested over the left side of her face. The vein markings all over her body, pulsed red and black, as her energy skyrocketed. "You won't be able to keep up with me anymore." She said, while coughing blood.

Amaara's eyes grew wide, this was more than she anticipated from her. Though she noticed, the technique placed a great strain on the General.

Instinctively, Amaara braced herself as Namia reappeared below her, striking her upwards. Then followed up by striking her across the terrain.

Amaara could feel her bones reverberating with each strike, but she held on and burst out a barrier of fire, pushing Namia back. Quickly, she clasped her hands together in prayer formation and gathered energy.

She heard from Kayed, a bit of what he got to learn on Azuria on his own. After watching his final battle on Rennaya, she went to Azurian and asked Yori, if she could train with the new Hashin candidates. For the moments she knew would force her to surpass her limits.

"Forbidden Art: Limit Breaker." Flames burst forth from her as her blood pressure skyrocketed. She clutched her chest as dark energy began to smother her, whispering in her ear, but she shook it away and focused on her opponent. Red and black veins pulsed in intervals across her body, while a dark tint seemingly encased her silver glow.

"So you were still hiding more? I'll crush your last attempts and join my King!" The General yelled, then charged at her.

This time, Amaara felt she was a little easier to follow. Although the pain of her body being strained using this technique, was unbearable. She didn't know how Kayed could hold out for so long.

Their blades clashed with tremendous force, as Namia kept the upper hand. Fire, razed the terrain below them, covering the sky black from ash and smoke.

Namia disarmed Amaara and went in to cut her down, however Amaara used her wing to block the sword and catch in place. While she grabbed her wrist, then forced her to drop it.

Namia kicked her away annoyed, but still in control. Her mask was beginning to break apart, yet she felt she had enough time to finish her.

Wisps of fire began swirling above her hand, manifesting into a condensed violet and black flaming sphere. "Let's end this."

Amaara heaved, as she began feeling it to be difficult to breathe. She raised her right palm upwards, and manifested her own condensed sphere of fire. "Yeah? I thought we were just getting started?"

She smiled, as they both leaped at each other, striking spheres as a large explosion knocked them both back. Yet they persisted, bouncing back with the last of their energy all in one strike.

"Regora Ans, Dreya Mios!"
"Ignite: Burning Fist!"

The two connected in midair, strikes leveling the terrain around them. Flames burst out of both of their fists, except Namia's, burned the air past Amaara's face. While the Nova destroyed her mask and engulfed her body in flames.

Amaara shut off her own transformation, while watching her opponent fall. She descended down to the Generals landing site, checking to see if she had won.

The General laid defeated, burned all over, with blood splatter all over her crater. When she saw the Nova float close by, she started to laugh, weakly. "Congrats, you've beaten me."

"I don't feel gratitude from having to fight another human." Amaara replied shaking her head.

Namia rolled her eyes. "Don't be naive, there are more human enemies than there are the nonliving. If you're people succeed today, they will certainly run into those looking for more power."

Amaara heard her begin to sniffle, forcing her to look away. "I just wish I had a chance to say good bye to him. I loved him so much." Namia said while reaching her hand up towards the sky. Then dropped it, but before it hit the ground, Amaara grabbed it and began carefully lifting her up.

"What?... What are you doing?" The General asked weakly, as she was held up and began to float along with Amaara.

"There's no changing the inevitable, but everyone deserves a chance to say goodbye." Amaara replied back.

Namia smiled, unbelieving of the act her enemy was pulling. "If the other humans of Earth are like you, then maybe my people, might just have something to learn from you guys."

Amaara smiled and focused in on Rael's direction, as the invasion and fighting all over the planet, instensified even further.

I've switched Varkkala the Kirosian after realm to Marrhalla and this chapter is the longest I've ever written. I tried splitting it in two but it didn't work lol.

Notes:

Ryū no hōkō means Dragons roar in Japanese 

Jotun Drios means cold deity's hammer

Nár backwards is Rán a water Norse myth

Denki Nisshoku means electric eclipse in Japanese

Bureh's Army is a reference to Bai Bureh a historical warrior of Sierra Leone

0