You’re Not Alone
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Hey All,

My bad, for the last chapter, I wanted to showcase more of Norah's training during the last six months, but it slipped my mind while writing the chapter. Will fix it while re-diting. 

I'm still trying to upload once a week, but life's tough and gets in the way sometimes. Still I'll do my best. 

I'm excited for all that's coming next in Atlas's Origins. I been drumming up some mind bending ideas, for the rest of the book, and it makes me want to get there even faster, but the Kirosian war, still has a lot to look forward to, so we can't rush! 

Anyway enjoy the chapter!


Near the Royal Fortress, Alta's largest military base...

The fortress was called Brior Fort, and Saphyra assigned Kalista and accompanied with a large force of siegemechs, aircrafts, soldiers and drones to help her take it down. It was key to winning the war, as the fort housed the largest battalion and force, the Kirosian Empire had to offer. Bera had a similar fortress, but she decided along with Selvin, that taking one would already demoralize the other world and make it easier for an invasion.

Kalista flew overhead, setting off traps along with hordes of siegemechs, before the infantry could catch up to them. Kirosian drones flew overhead launching missiles, at her squads, however, she bundled up each one of them in steel containers and sent them back to their owners. Setting them off in a fiery inferno.

Instinctively she thrusted a hand forward, raising a barrier of rocks, as a sniper went off in the distance aiming for her. The bullet, struggled through, aided by flames and made a large dent in her barrier. She smiled, as several more shots went off from different directions and were reinforced with each of the five elements.

"Three in the tower and buildings, and four on the roofs." She whispered to herself then gathered energy and switched into first gear. "Stone Akofo."

Stone warriors resembling Rennayans, with tattoos and tribal art flowing like lava, rose out of the ground, holding different weapons. They leaped altogether, flying to different snipers and taking them out.

She felt another shot coming from up above on the highest tower, just as a large tremors shook the ground, then suddenly, Kirosian soldiers poured out of all six gates, as well as some landing out of aircrafts behind them that they couldn't take out. There was always a chance that they would be outnumbered, attacking their home base, but on this scale gave Kalista flashbacks, to her time in the Cerian Empire.

A fighter jet, from Earth flew overhead and took out the sniper aiming for her, letting her focus down below. "That's right I'm not alone." She had been surprised from the reception she had been getting ever since her performance in the second Battle of Earth and her debut as a Nova.

At first she was reluctant to get along with everyone, since all her life, getting closer to people, made it hard for her to see them disappear or die. However Ranesa changed her way of thinking making her want to fight for something, other than herself. Her new home.

"Wɔadome Army." She spoke outloud as more Rennayan warriors, but this time made completely out of lava, rose up intercepting the Kirosian charge, while Beyond's forces fired away behind them. Hundreds of bodies had started to pile up, but she shook the horrors away and advanced on the fort.

However, she suddenly stopped as she felt the presence, of something large incoming. Quickly she looked to the sky, as the dragon gazed on them overhead. All black scales, protected by a sea-through skin of versillium armour. A wave of fire escaped its mouth, as forces of Beyond were mowed down, and burned alive.

She gritted her teeth, while twirling around to kick, a soldier, leaping at her in the air, then unsheathed her sword cutting another down. The Nova knew, she had to stop the dragon, but her confidence in her abilities made her falter.

"But there's no one else here. I have to do this." She psyched herself up, as the dragon seemingly disappeared. Then reappeared as it skidded into the ground gobbling up soldiers of the Federation. The army was in disarray, some breaking formation, as they ran to cover from it.

However, the beams and bullets, were all reflected back and absorbed by its armour. Flames, began building up into its mouth, as it prepared another wave of fire, but Kalista this time, didn't let it follow through.

She dove down quickly, and launched back up near its feet, shifting into second gear and giving it an uppercut to send it back up into the air.

The wave of fire escaped its mouth, as it roared in pain, but before it could recover, a large arm erupted into the air and punched it far from the fortress and troops as possible. She breathed a sigh of relief and prepared to head towards the dragon, but thousands of volleys of different elements, from soldiers, noticing what she did, beared down on her from all sides.

Kalista only had a moment, as three, electric volleys struck her. She raised the toughest metals close by and encased herself inside the dome, just as the volleys struck. Erupting utter mayhem, outside her shell.

"Protect the dragon!" Was all she could hear rampaging closer, among the constant bombardment she was protecting herself from. She couldn't see a way out of her situation without pulling her own soldiers into it, but seconds later, gunfire took over and the bombardment died down.

Beyond was fighting back. She cracked her dome open, seeing a small squad formation below her, guarding her, and combat drones and soldiers, pressing forward against Kirosian forces.

Kalista smiled, she wasn't used to people fighting for her. Now she knew she couldn't back down. Without hesitation she flew over to the dragon's location, just as it took flight, glaring at her.

She grinned back unsure of how she was going to do this, just as Tobi's energy reached her. She was shocked but not surprised by his return. However her mood, had turned to excitement instead of anxiety. She wanted to show him, how much she had changed.

Smiling even brighter, she looked back at the dragon and shouted at top of her lungs. "Bring it on!"

Over at Simon's position...

"Surrender now." Simon's voice carried a tone of no tolerance. They were his first words to the two that attacked him, while he was free-falling towards Kiala.

"Did you hear that Kaieg? He told us to surrender!" Simon heard the woman with black hair and brown skin say, as she patted her partners shoulder laughing. She had piercings on her eyebrows, matching her earrings and tattoos covering her neck and arms. The man beside her looked to be in his mid thirties, with a tan complexion and brown hair. Several scars riddled his face, yet even with his stoic look, he still shared in her amusement, chuckling with her.

"Sarga, don't tease the boy. We might need to help him find his parents." Kaieg, replied then glanced back at him. "Boy, what is your name?" He asked mid-tear.

Simon cooled his nerves. He hated being taken lightly, but there was no point getting rattled this early. "My name Simon, Nova of the Beyond Federation and you are?"

"I'm Kaieg and this is Sarga of the Dai Hito 12. Now listen, you're people made a grave mistake. Invading us is a death sentence, so why not make your life easier, and drop your weapon and I'll put in a good word for ya." Kaieg turned to look at Sarga, as she tried to hold in her laughter, then glanced back at him grinning. "Whaddya say? Eh?"

The Nova, immediately shifted into third gear, erasing their smiles, as they got on high alert. "He was hiding this much strength?" Sarga blurted outloud, wide-eyed.

Kaieg was surprised, as he unsheathed his axe. "The only ones emitting dangerous energy, were the one Morki and Linoj went after, Namia's opponent and him, but he wasn't emitting as much that time. There's more to them than meets the eye." He concluded, as the two generals, erupted into third gear.

Sarga smiled. "Good, warrior of Earth. Will you show me a good time? Or force my boredom into disappointment?" She charged him, with fists covered in fire, while yelling back at Kaieg. "You don't mind if I get the first taste?"

"Knock yourself out." He said while crossing his arms, and waiting back.

Simon braced himself, as Sarga closed in, throwing a first strike towards his head, then followed with another to his stomach, each countered, with swift movements. "I don't prefer hitting women, but-"

"Hahaha!" She began throwing down her fists and kicks even harder, seeing as he was holding back. "I've watched too many men with that mindset, draw their last breaths." The flames covering her fists, began glowing violet hot, as she sped up even faster.

"Are you next?!" She asked, throwing in a last flaming high kick at his head.

Without missing a beat, Simon dropped down, nearly missing her swing, then tripped the other leg holding her up and thrusted his palm covered in instantaneously combusted, violet flames. Recoiling her across the terrain.

He looked down, dropping his hand to block a low strike, just in time. A foot crackling in electricity, from the general that was supposed to be on standby. "Butting in?" The Nova asked, mockingly.

"We never said this was a one-on-one?" Kaieg smiled back, while following up with a high kick, struck by lightning, swinging right beside the Nova's face. However already anticipating the strike, Simon had put both of his arms up, crossed to brace the impact, then he jumped back.

He sighed, remembering all the grueling training he put himself through in the past six months. He had managed to extend the time he could spend in third gear, along with Koji, but he always remembered what he lacked himself.

Constant awareness. His mind would sometimes be distracted. Often times, putting him in trouble. Making it harder for him to keep track of movements and the silent world only able to be seen with sani iko.

Still, his friends needed him, the World needs him. There was no more time, to be worried.

A lightning strike, aimed for him first, as a wave of violet fire, crossectioned in. Seemingly to his assailants, it was as if he was engulfed. However somehow withstanding the heat in the middle, Simon remained unharmed, as a rotating, blue and purple flamed dome kept him safe.

He waved his hand as it expanded outward, in a rapid gust, disappating his opponents attacks. Then began to gather energy, as flames burned around his fists and legs, cloaking them, in an armour like fashion.

"Ignite: Bellator Terminus." The flames, began refining their shape, and made thrusters on high heat, by his elbows and under his feet. He remembered the first time he came up with this, was the first time he beat Koji in a race.

In an instant he appeared, in front of Sarga, letting her blink once, before, he struck her across the landscape, and firebombed, the spot she landed in. Kaieg came in yelling, and cloaked in a storm of electricity.

Yet Simon felt him moving almost in slow motion, as he kept up with each strike. Within moments he broke the general's charge and punched him back, erupting flames out of his fist, as it connected with his gut.

The Nova placed one finger in his right ear, trying to muffle the explosion, but it still hurt a little. "Jeez, that still hurt. Anyways is this all the Dai Hito has to offer?" He said, the last sentence even louder.

Seconds later it was as if the world began to tremble, as mass amounts of dark clouds, caked over the ones that had already gathered. Lightning began to rain down instead of water. Simon stayed light on his feet, evading each blip of light that struck down. However moments later, volleys of fire began crashing all over the valley, converging to him.

It was utter chaos and a nightmare for him to keep up with. Though, instead of wallowing or giving in, he began to look for their source. Manifesting a dome of fire around him, as he focused, while the bombardment intensified.

Amongst, the blizzard of flames and lightning, he first found Kaieg floating up in the sky, gracefully summoning more clouds. While Sarga, remained hidden behind a few hills, launching organized arrays of fireballs.

Simon crouched down, as the thrusters, beneath his feet, began to rev up, then like a rocket, he sprung forward. The flaming dome that protected him, split into two parts, as he exited, the outer expanding outwards, taking the burnt of the concentrated attacks. While the inner, wrapped around him, like a membrane, and reinforced him with an armour of fire.

Like a bullet, he reached Kaieg, faster than he could react and struck hard. Hard enough to make it difficult for him to catch his breath till he reached the ground. Sarga, winced feeling Kaieg's energy suddenly drop, but as she turned around, was the first time she realized that they had truly underestimated this kid.

As the Nova had already landed crouching and reached his fist back, revving the thrusters. Then launched it forward into her gut, and pulled it towards the sky. Sending her hurdling past clouds.

Moments later, the clouds dispersed, as a flaming sun, expanded rapidly, lit the dark clouds in a sinister indigo and violet light. Electricity began surging into it, aiding in its growth and monstrosity.

Simon looked at it worried, it was larger than he thought he could handle. He knew, there were somethings, their experience would best him at, but he didn't think, they would risk so much. "You're own people will be caught up in that!" He yelled while flying a bit closer.

"Not if we contain it. Besides the Dai Hito will be able to survive the side effects, that's all we'll need to restore this area." She replied back to him, as she thrusted her hand forth. "Die! Demorza Endo!"

The giant flaming sphere, loomed over the valley, casting an ominous shadow, across the land. Simon placed his hands together at his side. In seconds, a purple condensed sphere of fire, began rotating at a little over Mach speed, then enlarged and condensed further. He continued pouring in as much energy as he could muster, straining himself as the ball of destruction descended closer.

When it was close enough, he released his beam at it, shouting at the top of his lungs, "Ignite: Magna Ignis!"

The beam collided with the sphere, devastating the surroundings below them, from the impact. He pushed forth trying to break through, however the strength of Sarga and Kaieg's attack was overwhelming.

"Ahahhahaha, just die already!" He could hear Sarga, yell at the top her lungs.

Simon shook his head. "I'm not ready for that right now." He whispered to himself as he thought of what he could do. Suddenly, however his energy began to skyrocket, as he felt a familiar iko trailing off the aid being poured into him.

He started to chuckle. "How can I lose, when the Commander is back."

He could feel his side effects beginning to creep up on him, but he gritted his teeth and beamed out an even larger flame, breaking through the flaming shell of the giant sphere. As it tunneled through making its way up to Sarga, then in moments engulfing her before she could run.

"Ahhhhhh!" She screamed as she burned alive, just as the her attack exploded in the air, incinerating the rest of her remains.

He watched as his beam passed through into space, clearing the skies and revealing Kaieg, hidden amongst the clouds. He had dodged the wave of fire in time, as he felt their attack weakening.

"Sarga..." He said outloud, angrily, then began gathering energy and electricity from the remaining clouds. "I'll kill you!" He said glaring at Simon from up above, as lightning struck him multiple times over.

The general unsheathed his sword, prompting the Nova to do the same with his daggers. They both looked at each other one last time, as Simon gathered energy as well.

"Ignite: Bellator Terminus." He whispered, adorning back his Flame armor. Then crouched down, preparing to leap.

Kaieg focused all of his energy into his blade, sparking it with a razer thin line of white hot electricity at the edge. Then he launched himself at Simon, with lightning speed. "Alfa Crior!"

Simon at the same time shot forward, leaping with a trail of flames, as he ripped through the sky towards the general. "Ignite: Olympus Oblatio!

They passed each other, striking hard, as the silence after was broken by thunder. Then Kaieg fell out of the sky in two halves.

Simon sheathed his daggers, as he felt a stinging cut across his chest. He touched it, seeing blood. "I'm fine I think." He assured himself, then turned looking over in Tobi's direction and smiled.

He tapped his ear, turning on his comm implant. "Selvin, two of the Dai Hito are down. Send the next objective."

Next chapter will focus on Koji and Amaara. I tried to fit Koji's into this chapter but it would have been too long, so I'll make it even better in the next.

Notes:
*Akofo means warriors in Ghanian 
Wɔadome is pronounced 'woahdomeh' and it means cursed in Ghanian
Bellator terminus means warriors limit in Latin
Crimen means charge
Magna Ignis means great flame

Olympus Oblatio means Olympus offering

0