The Rules of War
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jurgun aimed down Amaara approaching with the other Novas through the skies. With his instincts, he determined her to be the most dangerous out of all of them. Excluding the one that went after the Kings. His finger laid on the trigger, seconds from releasing his shot, before Acryus teleported close and stopped him.

Their blades met as the Nova was left surprised by the general's response time. "I guess you're no pushover and that gun, it functions as a blade too?" Acryus asked as he got into a stance. "I guess no matter how long you live, their will always be things that surprise you."

Jurgun looked the Nova over, then laughed. "This is my partner Kjorsa, a one of a kind blade that allows me to snipe my enemies from afar and fight in close combat." He said proudly as he admired his weapon. "Now my question... What are you? I've never seen anyone like you in my life."

Acryus remained silent, as he got into a stance. "I am just a Nova, here to assist my people, to stop this unjust execution."

Jurgun laughed once more. "Everyone, is well within their right to keep their secrets, but those eyes and that hair, I can tell they are definitely not your people. Would they do the same for you?"

The Nova was taken back by the question, but didn't falter. "They freed me from the Cerian Empire, I have no desire to ask for more. Rather, I'd like to pay them back." As he finished his sentence he disappeared and reappeared right behind him, swinging his blade at the general's neck.

Catching only air as the general disappeared, switching into second gear, and kicked him hard in his side, across the valley. Acryus landed on his feet, while transforming to match Jurgun's strength.

Just in time as the general, reappeared above him and struck down with incredible force. "Solkyr Qilos." A shockwave of incredible force, reverbrated around Acryus, as he used his sword to block Jurgun's blade. However it wasn't enough, resulting in him and his surroundings being blown away even further.

The Nova crashed rolling across the ground and coughing up dust. He used his sword to get up, while scoping his surroundings. Then noticed a flint of light from a scope being aimed at him. With quick instincts he hopped to the side as the shot, exploded a little past the ground he was just standing on. Then he began running, as Jurgun kept firing away at him.

"Battle Art: Invisible Blade." Acryus murmured, as he swung around, mid-run to send a pressurized slice of air in the general's direction.

Jurgun braced for it, sensing it approaching, but it disappeared midway, and reappeared crashing into a forcefield he managed to raise up behind him. "Interesting... You're pretty talented for being so young." He praised as he aimed down at him once again.

Acryus, made a face, angered by the comment. "I've almost seen a century. Underestimate me at your own peril."

Jurgun laughed out loud. "I'll make no such mistake. However, you may be something my King would want to acquire. You will be captured by my hand, before I join my comerades in killing your friends." His sniper began to light up, as he poured mass amounts of energy into it. "Kjorsa has two other functions than being a blade. One, it's usual form, the other, to efficiently allow me to condense my own force into a more destructive shot."

His finger, laid impatiently over the trigger, as the sniper reached its maximum capacity. "This may hurt." He warned, before pulling it back.

Acryus's eyes went wide, sensing the amount of danger he was in. He raised his hands towards the general, condensing electricity and telekinetic force within a sphere of ice. Then fired it. "Battle Arts: Cold Explosion."

The collision, erupted a devastating shockwave, as it changed the landscape. However they both remained standing, with a forcefield protecting them from the debris.

Jurgun was surprised. "You're a blessed abnormal?"

The Nova smiled. "Didn't you say everyone has a right to keep their own secrets."

Acryus was a rare case among his kind. He inherited his Rennayan mother's freezing abilities along with his father's telekinetic force, making him, a treasure the children of Atlas, fought over for. With Saphyra giving him a Nova suit, made from Tobi's cells. He was able to add one more ability into his arsenal.

"My apologies. It seems I did take you lightly." Jurgun said, as large amounts of energy surrounded him, before it burst, leaving his hair glowing completely silver. With the veins of silver energy coursing through him even faster. "I won't hold back any longer."

Without looking through his scope, he fired six shots, as Acryus cladded himself in electricity leaping side to side, evading them.
Cold air emanated around him, as ice below his feet, erupted into a giant serpent. While he rode it charging at Jurgun high above him.

Jurgun shook his head, while manifesting a condensed sphere of air and force. He then threw it like a skipping rock, into the ice serpents jaws as it reached for him, with electricity crackling through its fangs.

Acryus jumped off it's back, just as the shockwave ripped through through it, causing it to explode. However he continued his attack, unsheathing both of his short swords and reinforcing them with electricity. 'This is it,' he thought to himself while teleporting closer in range.

However Jurgun's sniper, seemingly morphed, shifting half of its barrel to become a double barrel shotgun. Which was then thrusted into Acryus's chest faster than he could perceive.

"It's one of the rules of war..." The general said as he pulled the trigger, exploding shards of versillium bullets all into Acryus's chest. "Never believe your enemy, has shown all of their cards."

Acryus's eyes went blank, as he fell out of the sky. However before he could hit the ground, a force of air softened the fall, and kept him floating.

Jurgun turned his head, behind him feeling immense pressure coming from an individual he had never met before. Yet, he felt her description to be something familiar. "A... A Messian? What a surprise. I'm being graced with the presence of two new species, I had yet encountered."

He looked his visitor over, seeing primitive clothes different than Acryus's attire. "Do you have any relation to the warrior I just put down. Why are you saving him?"

Ria, barely heard anything he was saying till his last sentence. She was just staring in horror, at Acryus's bloody chest. Gritting her teeth, she began to gather energy. "Why? Why?!... He's my brother!"

Helio vs Netau and Tisgo...

Helio was a little nervous to be participating in the raid. He had always been queasy about fighting actual people, rather than the children of Atlas. Promoting him to opt out of criminal raids on Earth. However after he was defeated by Tose during the preemptive Kirosian raid on Earth and hearing about Kiala's kidnapping, he decided he needed to do his best to help.

The first to come after him was Tisgo, crashing into him, as he dropped out of the sky, and pushed him flying deep into the valley. While Netau followed up with a large fireball, engulfing Helio's entire vicinity. A dome of ice remained in the blast wave, protecting Helio within, as it cracked open, just as the Hitos landed in front of him.

He could feel their iko, determining that they were both at the same level as him, and this would be a battle for his life, if he wanted to win.

"Your people have set their sights too high. They should've have just accepted what's coming to them, instead of struggling with a futile plan, that's going nowhere." He paused as Netau laughed out loud beside him. "Just like that girl that wields lightning and the boy with the flames, if they didn't get in my way, I would have killed those amateur warriors."

Helio, realized that the man was talking about Runa and Tai saving the Gen 3's before Tisgo was teleported away. He was still bitter about losing to Tose on Sonara, but trained to throw his thoughts away. He needed to win and assist his fellow comerades not sulk.

Immediately he shifted into second gear, putting them on high alert. "Oh? He's stronger than he looks, eh Tisgo?" He heard the tan skinned, middle-age man say, as the man transformed to match Helio's energy.

Tisgo's expression went cold for a moment, then he smiled. "That's right, he might just be able to satisfy my frustration. Netau, go high."

"Ay," Netau replied, then leaped up into the air as Tisgo shifted into second gear, unsheathed his sword and charged Helio.

'He's fast,' The Nova thought, as he blocked the charge and was pushed back into the air. Recovering mid flight to block Netau's descent reinforced in blue flames. He released a cold burst of air, to counter the strike and push the general back.

Volleys of ice manifested all around him, as he raised his hand forth. "Frost: Viento Helado." The volleys shattered, as winds picked up, creating a small hurricane of ice around him. Cutting up Tisgo and Netau as they tried to get close.

Netau's blood boiled, feeling sharp pains from the cold cuts. He exploded a barrier of fire, stopping the hurricane from causing anymore damage. Then began gathering together condensed fire into a sphere in front of him. "I'll end this now."

Without hesitating, Helio did the same, spiralling condensed cold air into a sphere of ice on one hand and hot swirling air in the other. Moments later they both released, waves of fire and explosive cold air aiming to bring each other down.

Helio felt himself getting overpowered, but refused to give up as he heard lightning from up above. Tisgo wasn't waiting. 'This isn't looking good,' he thought to himself, while he tried to think of a way out.

However, all of a sudden, he felt a surge of strength being poured into him, on a level he had never felt before from a single source. He looked up at the sky smiling. "Of course you'd come back."

How could he fall, when the Commander was depending on him, he thought, as he psyched himself up. From the pits of his palm, as soon as he ran out of airwaves, a wave of ice flooded out. Countering the incoming wave of fire, Netau had let loose.

Netau laughed thinking he had him, but his expression quickly changed as he was engulfed in ice, ripping him apart as it tried to get past him. He screamed in pain, before splatting against the ground along with an avalanche of sharp ice.

Helio sighed in relief, short-lived as he noticed Tisgo out of the corner of his eye, leap at him, with his blade covered in electricity. It was too late to do anything. Helio knew it, he started to pray, within his mind, as he anticipated the end.

Yet it never came, as he turned fully to face Tisgo, stopping in midair, with a jagged sword, through his chest. The general was speechless, before his assailant twisted the blade within his heart and pulled it out.

Tisgo's body fell to the ground, as Helio took in his saviours appearance. White hair, red eyes and a handsome, yet unfriendly face. He remembered faintly from Saphyra explaining about Acryus's origins, and was able to conclude that the man was Messian. "Thanks... Thanks for saving me, but who are you?"

Kiatin looked at him without any change in expression. "I am Kiatin, Tobi sent me to help you, but if you no longer need any help here... I've got somewhere I need to be."

Helio nodded, as the Messian disappeared. Leaving him to ponder about his next objective.

Norah vs Dema...

When Mado gave the order, second to Namia, Dema was one of the first to act. Teleporting the others, towards the targets they could handle, then saved the most vulnerable for herself. Someone she could take out all of her pent up frustration on, since the execution was interrupted.

She planned on finishing up as soon as possible, then going off to find Kiala. However, Norah had other plans, as she allowed Dema to take her to a secluded part of the valley, before she gathered energy.

The Nova had learned to withhold her iko to a civilian amount, for stealth, amongst a handful of other things she trained in. So when she felt Dema teleporting in, she immediately knew the general's objective.

"You wanted to take me somewhere quiet?" Norah asked, gripping her fists as she got into a stance.

Dema scoffed, as she switched into second gear, and gripped her sword hilt. "I almost admire your people, for coming all this way to save her. However, she must die."

Norah shook her head, getting angry. "What makes you think you have the right to execute a child?"

Dema charged her out of anger, as Norah unsheathed her sword and instinctively switched into second gear. They both continued to clash blades, breaking at a stalemate, before Dema, teleported behind her. "She killed Tose!"

In seconds, Norah cladded herself in electricity and prayed the blade, at the last second. "Static: Dir'oon." A move she came up with that was lighter on her body than "Berserker."

The Nova took in her accusation and her opponents behavior. Deducing that the event must have happened recently. 'Most likely during an escape,' she thought to herself, as she mulled things over. "You can't predict what someone will do when their life is on the line. He was wrong for putting her in that position in the first place."

Dema shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes. "No you're wrong! He was one of our best, and was able to love someone like me." She said as she wiped away her tears. "It's taboo, for Altans and Berans to love each other, but he worked hard anyway to get the Kings' decisions."

Her anger visibly skyrocketed as she continued. "It was supposed to be this summer, but she took that joy away from me." She glared at Norah, gritting her teeth as her energy shot up to its limits. "Don't expect to get her back."

Norah reeled back, as Dema disappeared then reappeared the same distance away, but behind her. The Nova turned to face her, but she was gone again, this time however she felt the sting of a small gash in her arm. She grabbed it as she turned to get a glimpse of Dema, however the general kept disappearing before she could lay eyes on her.

"You'll die here, without being able to save her. Then I'll take your head and bring it to her, before I gut her red!" Norah heard her yell, among the slices and slashes, Dema unleashed on her.

The Nova gritted her teeth, becoming frustrated. Out of the blue, an incredibly large lightning strike, struck her, blowing everything back, as Dema made some distance. Wary, as electricity began crackling hazardously all around the Nova. It was taking time for her to absorb it all, as it was redirected into the ground, then surged back up towards her, when she caught her breath.

"Static: Hada," she whispered, just as the electricity cleared out and Dema struck. Teleporting in with a wide swing.

"You left yourself open!" She yelled as her blade nearly met its destination.

Norah ducked down and caught Dema's sword hand with her right hand. She hair hair had completely gone full silver, with cobalt blue veins, coursing through her even faster. "Not when you're this slow." She said as she socked the general back an uncountable distance with her left fist.

Dema was shocked. She didn't expect Earth's force to be displaying this kind of strength. She heard about a few of them from the other Dai Hito, but one too many would be a threat to the kings.

Dema got up, just as Norah reappeared above her, with a swirling ball of electricity in her left palm. The general wide-eyed teleported away into the air, but once again in seconds Norah caught up and beared down on her. Trying to finish her off.

Without any luck as Dema once again teleported away, until they were both nearly out of breath. Norah was visibly trembling. It was clear she wasn't used to her new ability.

"You're done, in a few minutes you're going to drop and I'll outlast you. Beating a stronger opponent doesn't always require strength." Dema taunted as she recovered first and pointed her sword at her. "I'll rip you apart, while you regret, coming to help her."

Norah heaved, as she struggled to keep her fingers under control. She powered down into second gear, realizing her plan was going nowhere. "I can't say I understand how you feel, or what you're going through. We're on opposing sides, but I know that I'm fighting to prevent everyone from having to experience that."
She raised her sword back at Dema.

"After the Federation wins, I'll have them get your two worlds to have a seat at the same table and fix their broken taboos and traditions." The Nova declared, startling the general back a bit.

She laughed outloud. "That'd be sight to see... Fine then, After the Kirosian Empire wins, I'll lead the way myself in Tose's name." She said while pulling back a strand of her dark brown hair out of her eyes. Then she disappeared.

Reappearing as Norah, shifted into third gear before blocking her strike, then back down as the general once again teleported. It was a daunting task, but she had to catch her at the right time.

Cracks of air ruptured in one spot above her, as she dove for it, but instead a slice of force came out, catching her by surprise. The Nova blocked it just in time as several more, came at her, then Dema came in with a drive-by graze on her other arm. She was moved even faster, going all-out.

Norah yelped in pain, but gritted her teeth, and cauterized her wound, while focusing on Dema's position. The general had changed up her combo once again, with a pressurized air bomb, thrown in within one of the strikes. Then she dove in to finish the Nova off.

Norah could sense that this was her chance. She sidestepped quickly, as Dema thought her on her last legs and went all in. The Nova however, used the momentum to plunge her sword through the generals heart, in third gear. Erupting a shockwave of electricity ripping past her body and into the surroundings, leveling everything below them.

Norah descended down, with her sword still in Dema's heart, as she could feel her shiver. "I'm afraid." She heard her say. "I'm afraid of him seeing me like this."

"Don't be, you were both strong until the end." Norah replied back.

Dema smiled. "Keep your promise." Then she pushed herself back off the sword, as blood splattered out, then she dropped back lifeless.

"I will." Norah nodded back, as she looked to the sky and felt a sudden surge of energy. She smiled. "With him back, anything is possible." She said, then flew off to help in the effort.

 

Dir'oon means armor in arabic
Hada means Limit in Arabic
Viento Helado means wind ice or ice wind in spanish

My bad, I've been feeling the writer burnout lately, but still have the plans for Atlas's Origins in place. Enjoy the chapter!

Edit: I'm now editing chapters in Atlas's Origins 

0