The Dark Kings Past
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

137 years ago on Kiros Alta...

Within 50 years of a blessed abnormal's death the twin planets of Kiros, would experience a phenomenon in which they believed was a divine reincarnation. Each of the planets would birth a new blessed abnormal with the ability to wield three to four of the elements each. Which was call for celebration, and festivities, as the people celebrated, the return of their heroes.

Mado had just turned 13 and was on his way with a procession of his tribe, to greet the king. Jurgun traveled with him, as a guard sent by his father the chief.

"Young Mado, we should be arriving at the capital soon, but we'll be taking short break before the last leg of the trip." He informed the kid, who nodded back.

Jurgun had noticed ever since he had been assigned to guard him, that the blessed child was quiet. Most likely due to the amount of people frothing over him and not giving him space to breath.

He seemingly looked out of his carriage window, yearning for freedom, in which Jurgun could understand. Being the son of the chief put him in situations he could not avoid.

Suddenly breaking his train of thought, a massive explosion at the back of the caravan, made him whip his head around. People screamed as soldiers got into a defensive formation. Instinctively he dove into the carriage from his horse, shielding Mado with his body and telekinetic force around them, just in time as another missile landed down, along with an endless rain of laser fire.

"What's happening?!" Mado asked, concerned as their carriage barely held itself together.

Jurgun stepped back from him, feeling the burns and charred marks on his back, but braced through the pain. He looked outside as things seemed to settle down, but moments later there was the sound of men fighting each other and dying.

"I'm not sure, but stay inside and keep your guard up. I will go deal with he situation." He replied, as he hopped out to witness the horrifying scene, of a assassins killing his tribesmen, with a blacked out military ship, orbiting overhead.

'How did they get this close to us unnoticed?' He thought to himself, just as an assassin sent a flaming ball of fire at him from behind. He looked back, as telekinetic force protected him from the blast, then drew his sword and reinforced it with his force. Meeting the assassins charge, with pure rage and desperation.

Mado stilled his fear and hopped out of the carriage, he looked around seeing dead bodies everywhere of his people. Those he had celebrated festivities and had once fought with his father against other tribes. An explosive sound shook him out of the trance as he circle around the carriage, seeing Jurgun in first gear, holding his own against dozens of assassins. Who were cloaked and masked their identities.

Jurgun dodged a strike of lightning and managed to deflect off a wave of lava, nearly crashing into the carriage. He felt Mado's presence, but without turning around he yelled back. "Mado! You must run! Get away from here!"

Mado staggered back, he didn't know what to do, however there were no more questions, when one of the assassins ignored the harm that would be placed on him and plunged a dagger into Jurgun's stomach, just as the guard took the man's head off. The rest pounced seeing Jurgun stagger back.

He reflected a large amount of force, catching majority by surprise as they were flung back, but five of them managed to stay on their feet and pressed on.

Jurgun managed slay the first one, and blasted the next with a condensed force of air just as the assassin did the same with a sphere of electricity. They were both sent flying, with Jurgun flying back into the carriage.

Mado watched in horror as the other three charged in to finish him. He heard Jurgun spurt out some words of confidence with the last of his strength. "Your father was a Dragonslayer, a Kyr, a great one. You will be too, but you must survive today, oh blessed one.

Time seemed to slow down for Mado. He had heard of the heroic stories of his father against the dragons when they had invaded the village, even though he had never met him. His mother had died while giving birth to him, so all he could ever hear were stories of their bravery. Yet he doubted any of that courage had been passed on to him.

However now more than ever, watching the only friend he ever trusted, about to die in front of him, he wished he had an ounce of that courage within him. What he didn't expect, was that the thought of regret was enough to snap the last thread of fear he had, unleashing the monster within him.

'It doesn't matter what happens after. Use everything now!' The thought exploded within him, literally and physically, as purple veins, raced all over his body, accompanied with rings of fire and electricity, ripping up the ground, as he leaped at his enemies.

Managing to get in front of Jurgun and raise up a wall of ice and force. Then crushed the three in front of him, by enclosing the wall around them rapidly.

The remaining assassins got up in disbelief. They were supposed to kill him before he had awakened. They couldn't face their sponsors with a failed mission.

Mado felt all of their energy being pooled towards one of them. He  grabbed Jurgun, while freezing his wounds over and healing him and dove out of the way as a large beam of fire, electricity and lava, burned away the spot they were just at, along with the carriage.

Jurgun grabbed hold of him and teleported them deeper into a nearby forest. He was completely depleted and could do no more, as headaches and muscle cramps took over his body.

Mado checked him over concerned as he heard, the yells of the assassins catching up with them. Mado knew that teleporting left trails of energy so it would hard to escape expert trackers. "Jurgun are you alright."

"Yes for now, but you must run. Leave me here!" He replied.

Mado shook his head with tears falling slowly. "I'm not leaving you. If I can't protect a single one of my people, I have no right, to bear the pride of our people." He stood up, against Jurgun's pleas and faced the first few that broke through the thick trees and bushes, drawing his sword.

Volleys of fire and electricity sailed by him, as he redirected with telekinetic force. Jurgun had taught him to use as little energy as he could, to keep himself safe and maintain stamina. Simultaneously raging flames danced over his blade as he surged electricity through it.

"Rukana!" He yelled as he swung his blade horizontally, slicing apart his assailants and trees around them in half. Then he threw his senses all around the forest. Feeling several hopping on branches making their way towards him, some in the air, keeping a bird's-eye view and many charging from the ground, trying to make it to him first as they heard the loud crashing of trees in the silent forest.

A slight bit of despair, started to creep into his mind, but he shook his head, looking back at Jurgun, completely immobilized and suffering in pain. He bit his lip and cursed, then drew in all of his remaining energy.

Up above, demoralizing him even further was the sound of a warship hovering overhead, lockih in on his position and relaying the info back to their troops. Moments showers of laser fire started to rain down around them, as he instinctively raised up a barrier of telekinetic force.

"Think this through! You must run!" Jurgun pleaded once more.

"No!" There's no where for me to hide... and..." He thought of his father and all of his murdered clansmen, that would have people waiting for them to return after escorting him. "I demand justice!"

Mado had stopped trembling and raised both of his to his sides, frosting gloves on, while creating spheres of fire and electricity, pressurized by force & ice. Then willed it to rotate at a speed that could no longer be heard. Jurgun looked at him proud of his bravery, but terrified of what was to come. He felt incredible shame and wanted to help in any way he could.

He placed one hand on the ground and raised the other towards Mado. "Drasora, come to me." At his command dark energy began to flow from the planet towards him, causing him excruciating pain.

The abundance of dark iko on the twin planets, was greater than any found on other habitual planets, allowing its inhabitants to easily draw from it, at a great cost. It was a gamble he was willing to take, as he refined it into natural energy and passed it on to the kid he was meant to protect.

Mado felt overflowing amount of energy, coming from behind him. He smiled unable to look back as he couldn't break his concentration.

He could feel the assassins closing in, with spheres of energy, as they could feel that he was up to something. It was now or never.

He thrusted both of his hands forward, smashing the spheres together, just as the ship had stopped firing as to not harm their allies. "Solkyr Mirkaza!" His hair flashed silver as he released everything he had into the sky, ripping a devastating hole through the warship, then dragged the beam down towards the ground, before the assassins could react.

An incredible beam crackling blue fire, burned many men and the entire landscape around them, into charred ashe. Mado yelled at the top of his lungs, aiming to get them all, then dropped, seizing with third degree burns.

Jurgun was wide-eyed by the destruction and what they boy had achieved. He had become, the spitting image of his father.

On the same day on Kiros Bera...

Rael's village had just recovered from a nightlong of festivities, to celebrate the blessed one's tenth birthday. Everyone was in a great mood, greeting him as he walked with his mother to the village gates. His father, and a majority of the men in the village had gathered together for the great hunt, to prepare the village for the incoming winter.

"Father, when will you be back?" Rael asked quietly, worried to see his father leaving them.

The man looked down at his son, then patted the boy on his head. "You're too young to be worrying about me. Besides it will only be three days at most." His smile had turned into a bright grin. "You better continue your training. "Now that you have seen ten years, you will soon be joining us for a hunt."

Rael smiled, he was proud of his dad, as he was one of the strongest in the village. He nodded back, as he allowed his Mom to say her goodbyes. While the rest of the men greeted their loved ones, then set off together into the horizon, on horseback.

He and his mother, returned back to their crude old house, near the outskirts of the village. His father has built it a lot time before he was born with his abilities, while his mother refined it and designed it with hers.

Later that night, they ate left over food, from the festivities the night before, talking about the funny things the elders and adults did drunkily during the event.

However stopping them mid conversation was a series of loud explosions ravaging the village, as they heard the screams of women and children in the pitch darkness of the night.

"Mom, what was that?" Rael asked.

His mother was already on high alert and dove for their weapons cabinets, grabbing her spear and armour. "My dear stay inside, I'm sure it's just a wild animal that ventured into the village. Grab your sword and stay hidden, but no matter what, don't come outside."

Rael nodded and ran to hug her, before she let him go and went outside. Twenty minutes passed and his concerns continued to go. He wanted to go outside and help there was no point in all of his training if he could not use it when the village needed him most.

After five more minutes he made up his mind and grabbed his armour while unsheathing his sword. If his mother was in danger while his father was gone, he could never forgive himself.

Regret instantly coursed through his mind as he stepped out. The entire village was on fire.

The sounds of men yelling accompanied with the screams of women and children, faded in and out as their lives passed on. He rushed to village center hiding in the shadows, as strange men seemed to be going house to house, harming his fellow villagers. The fighting seemed to be the most intense at the center as he saw hundreds of frost and clay golems charging hooded assasins.

However they were being mowed down. He threw his senses, through the hordes of bodies and found his mother, surrounded by dozens of men blasting apart her shield walls as she impaled any who tried to get through.

Dozens of bodies of hunters wives littered the ground, along with several of the elders who tried to protect the village. It was complete massacre. He could only feel the familiar iko of a few dozen people left in the village, most likely all children. The rest were hostile.

He focused in on his mother. Trying to find a way he could get through to help her. Turquoise veins pulsed all over her body as she fought frantically, however inevitably she was stabbed through her back, causing her to fall to her knees.

"Mother!" He yelled out in shock.

She looked at him and smiled, as she tried to utter a a last word. "Run." Was all he could make out, before she was beheaded.

The world stood still. Time stopped for him, nothing mattered anymore. His world has been shattered.

Geysers sprouted out of the ground erupting all over the village, as he screamed incredibly loud, with telekinetic force reinforcing each vibration, rupturing several of the attackers eardrums. Purple lavaish veins, snaked their way all over his body, marking him and pulsing ominously. Streaks of silver glowed evenly all over his hair, as the very earth seemed to shake.

He demanded energy from all the corpses around him, not a single one of them who harmed his beloved village, would be forgiven. Especially the one who killed his mother. Lava wrapped around the killer and restrained him to the ground, before the man could react.

Some had already noticed him and where on their way to kill him but backtracked seeing how dangerous it was to be around him, as electricity and lightning struck all over the vicinity.

With all the commotion he caused, all attention was now on him, as he breathed out cold vapour calming down to his senses.

"I'll kill you all!" He screamed out reverberating throughout the entire village. He raised one hand to the sky, pouring in the majority of his energy into the ground. "Regora Ans, Zehir!"

Magma cored golems, with infused with electricity and cooked with telekinetic armour, appeared in front of every attacker. Leaving each one shocked, as they were punch impaled and crushed by each golem, without being able to do anything.

He retained some of his senses to keep the lava and attacks away from the remaining villagers. In moments, the village was quiet again.

His hands started to twitch as there was too much strain on his young body. He could feel an incredible migraine, pounding away at his temples.

"Not yet." He said to himself, as he covered his face and began to cry. "Not yet." Then he began walking towards the man who killed his mother, still restrained and burning away from the lava holding his arms and legs down.

"Wait, wait, don't kill me! Please don't kill me." The man pleaded. "I'll tell you everything. I didn't mean to kill anyone, I swear!"

Rael looked at him with disgust, eyes wide with the most exprionless face he had ever shown in his life. Magma gloves attached themselves from the ground to his hands, as electricity continued to haphazardly zap around him.

"I swear, we were sent here to kill you, by your king! I come from Alta. Please let me go and I'll tell you everything you need to know. You're too young to have blood on your hands!" Were his last coherent words as Rael punched his teeth in.

Then he stepped back, and raised two golems, made out of magma to hold the man up. Then continued to punch him near death, healed his wounds, then continued the process, until morning, when the hunters horns sounded through the village...

0