The Birth of a New Empire
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What happened here." The man asked his son, standing above an unrecognizable, disfigured being, within the smoldering remains of a crater.

The hunters were devastated to see what had become of their village. An outpour of tears and wails, as the men sifted through the bodies to find their loved ones, along with the sighs of relief to find those that had survived.

The man walked closer to his son, warily, as he felt that there was still some lingering hostility about him. "Rael, what happened here?" However before he could answer, the man's eyes settled on his wife's lifeless face and headless corpse.

Tears started to stream down his face, as he heard Rael finally speak up. "He killed her... They are from Alta, sent and allowed passage by our king, to kill me." He sniffled as as his eyes finally met his father's eyes, with wear and despair.

"I've been beating him all night, but it doesn't feel any better. I'm sorry Father, for failing to protect her, but I kept him alive, for you to have the final blow."

The man noticed lingering ice around the, slow breathing figure and realized, he had been healing and torturing the murderer over and over. Something he would have never wanted his son to conduct or go through. The man unsheathed his sword and walked up closer to the both of them, then impaled the murderer's head clean through whatever remained of his eye socket.

"Why'd you do that!" Rael screamed. "Its too quick he deserved more!"

The man shook his head. "Torturing him any further, would dishonor your mother's death. She was a warrior."

"Dishonor!" Rael yelled at the top of his lungs. "She should have never had fought. What is the point in me being blessed, when I couldn't even protect what's important to me."

His Father was still distraught but managed to conjure up a slight smile. "That is the lesson you must take away from this tragedy. From this moment onwards, you must make sure you have done everything in your power to protect what's most important and make sure you've left no regrets to haunt you."

He squeezed his son shoulder once, then brought him in for a hug. "Come let us gather the men, war is upon us."

He raised a large pillar-platform over looking the whole village, then created a horn-like megaphone to speak from. "Men of Rojeya! Our king has forsaken us. Our women and children have been murdered by his hands. It seems he has forgotten his place. Will you join me in reminding him, with blood and honour!"

Immediately, they responded, as if the entire village was roaring. Swords were banged on shields, along with the poles of hammers and axes pounding the ground. All of them were as one and they demanded justice.

"Spread the word to the nearby tribes. We march on the King's cities and allies tomorrow!" Rael's father ordered. He had never called himself a leader, but the people, had viewed him as such, due to his achievements in battle and wisdom when it came to village matters.

For the next 20 years the Rojeyan village along with their allies, invaded nearby cities conquering, annnexing and advanced closer to Royal capital. However once they arrived at the city of dragons, Rael's father has fallen in battle, as they suffered thousands of casualties. The Rojeyan forces, were forced to fall back, to mourn their dead and regroup.

Many had lost morale and didn't know where to go from here. It was then that a group of people marched to Rael's tent led by Namia, a child victim from his village that he had protected during the incident.

Rael stepped outside, eyes red from mourning his father. Wondering what all of the commotion was all about. Every member of the group knelt before him, with Namia in front, the only woman in the group. He had protested his father from allowing her to join, however the look in her eyes, for wanting to avenge her mother and siblings, made it hard for him to refuse.

Since then she had proven herself time and time again in battle, being the only one to match his and his father's kills in battle. Now she felt, she was the only one, that could salvage the resistant army's morale.

"Rael, we mourn your loss with you and know how you must feel. However now is not the time for us to falter. We are close and I'm sure we will win, the next time, we attack the city of dragons. The dragon worshippers and imperial army, are relishing in their victory right now as the lick their wounds, but they underestimate our cause and will." She looked him dead in the eye, with unshaken conviction.

"Oh blessed one, lead us in battle as our new king and I promise, I... No we will grant you victory and avenge your father!" She yelled out as the group cheered on with her.

Rael looked up to the sky as he thought of his father and thought of what he should do. Then he shook his head and nodded towards her, while unsheathing his sword. He raised a platform up high enough to overlook the entire camp as he created the same horn his father had used.

In the most authoritarian voice he had ever used in his life, he spoke, trying to avoid trembling in front of such a large crowd. "My people!"

Soldiers and people started pouring out of their tents and makeshift houses feeling his energy spreading all over the vicinity. "Will you follow me to victory as your new King!"

The answer they gave him, almost brought him to tears, as the people roared louder and greater than the reception his father had gotten. Even in death, their wills had not been shaken.

"My father and our brethrens are feasting in the halls of Varkkala, amongst the great heroes. We will tell them stories of our victories when we join them, but for now let us send our enemies to depths of Norr! Raise your swords, polish your axes, for tonight we march on the dragon worshippers and exterminate them, once and for all!" The crowd cheered once more as they got to work, preparing for battle.

That night, the city of dragons fell with the greatest battle the people of Rojeyan had ever experienced. Rael was nicknamed the Ruthless One, as he killed over a hundred dragons as he ascended the third gear. Twenty years later, they would advance on the royal capital, with ease, as the imperial army struggled to contain the rebelling army, as well as the invading Valerian giants from above.

The fall of Bera was near.

On Planet Alta...

After the events of Mado's assassination attempt. Similarly Jurgun had gone to his father with the proof of the King's attempt to kill the blessed one. The people of his village, were overcome with anger and rose up in rebellion. The blessed ones were the signs of the great heroes and were reversed as such, but the people knew their influence, was starting to overshadow the royal families successes to protect their people.

As such Mado's tribe rose up with hundreds of others and for next 42 years invaded all of the cities loyal to the King and royal family.
The barbarians in the south, gave them the most trouble as some had domesticated dragons and used guerrilla warfare to slow them down, while pirating their armies resources. The next issue was the King's spaceships, which bombarded them from above.

Mado, Jurgun and other telekinetics gathered together to reduce their numbers but many casualties were incurred during the fighting. In time after a mountain of obstacles, their once small village, now a great rebel army, was now invading the capital.

"Mado, we'll create a path for you to reach the king and we'll hold back the imperial guards. However the King will be too much for us to handle, as he was trained by his father, a champion of the King's Trial." Jurgun advised.

Mado nodded, he was ready for this moment. To face the one who ordered his murder.

He heard the screams of dying men and women all over the city as buildings were toppled and ships free fell from the sky. Nevertheless his group pressed on. Only to stopped by the imperial guards at the palace.

"Keep going Mado. Follow the plan, I won't allow harm to come to you!" Jurgun ordered, as Mado worried for his tribesmen, but clenched his sword and teleported forward, into the throne room.

However at the same time, that he appeared, he abruptly put his sword up, nearly cut in half by the King's sword, infused with magma.

"So you've finally come, oh blessed one." The king rasped.

They traded swings and stabs at each other parrying and dodging in the nick of time before they broke apart. Mado looked at him, with eyes full of anger. "This was your undoing. You've lost your way King Srica. Working with the enemy to try and kill me and murdering my tribesmen, when I was on my way to see you over four decades ago."

He readied his sword pointing it at him, as he shifted into third gear. Electricity and fire razed the ground, as the air began to crack all around him. "Do you think we have forgotten!"

The King scoffed at his remarks. "The time of the abnormals is now over. The Empire is modernizing and have no more use for you. The King of Bera understood this, which is why we planned on erasing you both from history. However we never planned on how difficult you both would make it. If not for the giants attacking our people from space. We would have wiped you rebellious forces off long ago."

Mado shook his head. "No. You have blemished your father's legacy. Do you not see the Gods are in our favor, to exact true justice and wrath against the lost King?"

"Do not speak to me of the Gods!" The kings anger exploded as lava poured in through crevices all around the room as he charged him.

"Loza Arkaya." Srica said, shifting into third gear, as he commanded the lava to split into hundreds of spikes, each charging at Mado as he raised up ice walls, after pushing him back.

The spikes burned through, with several impaling Mado, but he froze them, then healed his wounds. The King laughed thinking he got him, but Mado took the opportunity to teleport behind him and stab him with their backs facing each other, he pulled his sword out as the king turned around to slash him, just as Mado blocked the strike with his sword.

The palace was beginning to collapse with their battle, causing visible destruction on the foundation of the building. Nobles that were hiding within began rushing out to safety, only to be apprehended and killed by the rebel army.

The King began to heave as he was starting to run out of breath, as he shot multiple volleys of magma at Mado, who teleported and flew across the large throne room. "Madness and old age are not a good look on you, old man." He jeered, knowing the king was pushing two centuries.

He returned back electric charged fireballs, setting off several of the kings volleys in the air. "Solkyr Darmani." Mado yelled, while slicing an arc of compressed fire, electricity and telekinetic force at the king, who was only able to raise a wall of magma just in time. However it broke through, as he heard the king scream, amongst the explosion and clouds of smoke.

Mado stopped, thinking he finally brought the king down. However as the clouds settled, he heard the man cry out. "Warrior's Path, Wrath of a King!"

The destruction of the palace, accelerated as the very earth began to tremble. Outside of the palace, a humongous, thousand feet tall golem rose into the sky, immediately throwing down a fist, two large to escape from, as the rebel army and impeeial soldiers began to flee.

The King's nose began to bleed as blood, teared down from his eyes. "You can't escape this! So long of blessed one, as he hopped on a platform and began to fly away to escape."

The roof of the palace had broken apart, so Mado could see what was coming. He knew he could escape, but his army would not be able to withstand the impact. Hundreds of thousands would die, including civilians, if he did nothing.

He gritted his teeth, as his anger boiled over the top. 'Oh Gods have you forsaken us? What is it that I must do? Accept darkness like he did, or walk the path of a warrior like my father.' His heart began to pound quickly, as the fist drawed closer and closer to the city.

"No!" He yelled out to himself, facing the fist of pure destruction. "Even if it's darkness I must face, I will protect my people! No matter the cost!" He charged at the fist, with full speed, as dark iko ominously enshrouded him, mixing his purplish veins with black, as glowing grey streaks glowed even harder.

He yelled at the wind, as people around the city heard him. Praying for his victory or preparing for their deaths.

"Solkyr Altania!" With his command, a sphere of black fire, electricity, and telekinetic force was condensed thousands of times over at Mach speed, hovered above his fist. Then he punched the looming gigantic burning fist with all of his might, trying to match it.

Vibrations rippled across the city, as people were shook off of their feet, watching in despair, then awe. As the fist was pushed back along with the rest of the golem, covered in black fire and electricity, for half a second. Then obliterated out of existence.

Mado heaved as he transformation wore of and his body began to seize. He frosted his scorched hand over and stopped the rain of lava from falling back on to the city. Along with the torso of the golem by quickly cooling it over.

He heard chants of people calling his name and cheering, while the imperial army put down their arms and surrendered. He smiled, but quickly turned his attention in the direction that the king escaped in. Then teleported in that direction, stabbing the weakened king through the heart, as he faced him.

"I will lead our people much better, than you ever did." He said without remorse.

Srica was angry at first and astounded by his feat, but then smiled. "I know... I was afraid you would..." He said as his last words, before the light faded from his eyes.

0