Chapter 248: The Mysterious Invisible Flame Serpent!
264 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 248: The Mysterious Invisible Flame Serpent!

Following that, the space about two meters above the hole suddenly entered a state of extreme distortion. However, despite the severe distortion of space, ordinary people couldn't see anything with the naked eye, except for those twisted spaces and the continuous "hissing" sounds. The whole area seemed somewhat eerie due to this scene.

Soon, this commotion caught the attention of Elder Liu, who was relatively close to this place.

"Elder Gu, it's dangerous, get away from there!"

Elder Liu shouted loudly and then quickly made his way towards the location.

Hearing Elder Liu's warning, Gu He, in order not to reveal his strength, took a few steps back.

When Elder Liu arrived near Gu He and looked at the distorted space, a trace of fear flashed across his eyes. Although he couldn't see what was there, having served as the tower guardian elder for so many years, he had vaguely heard about some things. Thus, he also knew how terrifying the thing within the deep darkness was.

Elder Liu might not be able to see it, but that didn't mean Gu He couldn't. At this moment, under Gu He's powerful soul perception, what surged up from the endless darkness was a massive invisible flame serpent, about ten meters thick and hundreds of meters long.

The flame serpent was enveloped in somewhat distorted flames, its huge mouth wide open, with fangs as thick as an adult's thigh emitting a twisted fluctuation. Its pair of large triangular eyes continuously shot out invisible flames.

With a roar of anger, the flame serpent shot out from the darkness. However, just as it was about to reach about five meters above the dark hole, the surrounding space suddenly fluctuated violently.

At that moment, the space around the hole bizarrely twisted to form a spatial cage. Despite the flame serpent's immense momentum, when it collided with the spatial cage, it only caused the cage to fluctuate for a while without any other effect.

Realizing that a breakthrough was hopeless, the flame serpent became somewhat frenzied. Invisible flames poured out from its huge mouth, covering the sky and burning the spatial cage. Unfortunately, no matter how it burned, the spatial cage remained firmly in place.

After struggling madly for a while, the invisible flame serpent finally seemed exhausted. It let out a roar filled with rage, then the space continuously twisted, and the serpent turned back into the invisible, diving back into the depths of the dark hole.

As the flame serpent disappeared, the spatial cage gradually faded until it finally vanished.

"Tsk tsk, it has already condensed a flame spirit with emotions and intelligence!" Feeling the aura of the invisible flame serpent, Gu He inwardly exclaimed: "Such intelligence is comparable to some seventh-rank magical beasts that can transform into human forms!"

The flame spirit Gu He mentioned is a different kind of life born from pure flames.

To Gu He, this invisible flame serpent was the intelligence born from the Fallen Heart Flame within the tower. It could even be said that the flame serpent was the true form of the Fallen Heart Flame in the Blazing Sky Qi Refining Tower.

The strange flames in this world, after years of accumulation, can grow into various bizarre forms. For example, the Green Lotus Core Flame, resembling a lotus plant, is the result of the core flame being compressed over thousands of years.

However, although the Green Lotus Core Flame has taken on a plant form, it hasn't developed its own emotions and intelligence. In contrast, the flame serpent that just appeared before Gu He genuinely conveyed its emotions, clearly distinguishing the two.

...

At this moment, feeling the temperature around them decrease, Elder Liu let out a long sigh of relief and muttered, "That was close, but how did that thing suddenly wake up?"

Beside him, Gu He also pretended to be quite surprised after the invisible flame serpent dissipated.

"Elder Liu, was that commotion just now caused by the Fallen Heart Flame inside the tower?" Gu He asked with curiosity in his eyes.

Hearing Gu He mention the Fallen Heart Flame, Elder Liu didn't find anything amiss.

The Fallen Heart Flame within Jia Nan Academy was not a secret, and many elders were aware of its existence.

"Indeed, it is the Fallen Heart Flame."

Hearing Gu He's question, Elder Liu nodded, then expressed his concern, "This beast has been causing trouble from time to time in recent years. I really don't know how much longer the spatial cage arranged by the dean can hold!"

"Elder Liu need not worry too much. The Fallen Heart Flame is powerful, but with the combined strength of all the academy's elders to reinforce the seal, it should hold for quite some time. Everything will be resolved once the dean returns!" At this moment, Gu He was seriously analyzing countermeasures in front of Elder Liu, but his heart was calculating how to reasonably take away the Fallen Heart Flame.

"Ah, let's hope so," Elder Liu sighed deeply.

Then, his gaze became somewhat serious as he looked at Gu He, "Elder Gu, no one is supposed to approach this area. It's my negligence for not mentioning it to you since it's your first visit today."

"If the other elders find out, there could be some trouble."

"Elder Liu, since no harm was done, there's no need to dwell on it! Besides, I don't remember anything happening here today!" Seeing Elder Liu's guilty demeanor, Gu He slowly spoke, indicating his stance.

"Thank you, Elder Gu!" Hearing Gu He's words, Elder Liu's expression eased somewhat. Once again, he glanced apprehensively at the deep, bottomless hole before turning to leave.

Following Elder Liu's steps, Gu He also left the central area of the tower.

"Elder Gu, do you want to continue down to the lower levels?" At the entrance connecting to the second floor, Elder Liu paused.

"There's no need. I was merely curious about the tower's effect on accelerating cultivation. But it seems to be of no use to me!" Gu He shook his head.

"Haha, Elder Gu is right. At our level, the high temperature inside the tower indeed has little effect!" Elder Liu laughed heartily.

"Elder Liu!"

Suddenly, a faint, cool voice rang in the ears of Gu He and Elder Liu.

Gu He looked towards the source of the voice and saw a young woman dressed in a silver gown. She was tall, with a slightly slender face that bore a rare beauty. Her skin was as white as snow, her features were like a painting, and most surprisingly, her waist-length hair was a rare silver. The silver hair, matched with her silver gown, emanated a distant and cold temperament, making her seem as if she was to be admired from afar but not to be disrespected.

Seeing this figure, Gu He immediately guessed the identity of the woman.

(End of Chapter)

🌟 Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! 🌟

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

📚 Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

💬 Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

👏 Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

9