Part 84: Will you marry her?
88 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“No, you need to hear this.”  Evonne continued. “I know we’re still strangers, even though I feel like I’ve known you as a lifetime already, but please, just stop it with that —” “Evonne, stop!” Logan repeated. 

 

But  Evonne didn’t pay Logan any heed as she continued with her lecture. “I mean, what happens if you get someone pregnant?” “Evonne, stop talking now!” Logan demanded, his voice increasing another octave.

 

 But  Evonne didn’t notice his temper darkening, so she just continued lecturing him. “Will you marry her? Will you change your Lothario ways? How are you going to support her? I’m only telling you this as a big sister would because you are younger than —” Logan snapped. 

 

And to shut her up, he crushed his lips onto hers, forcing her to stop talking, forcing her to stop lecturing him. But my Lord, it was delicious. It felt like last night with his mysterious Lorddess all over again.

 

 The taste, the scent, the heat of those lips, it was all turning his mind to a puddle. He couldn’t think, couldn’t speak, but just continued to take and enjoy while he punished her with his tongue, invading her territory. 

 

His mysterious Lorddess, this was his mysterious Goddess. Oh Lord, he was kissing his mysterious Lorddess again. “Shit!” Logan pulled back when reality came crashing back into him. 

 

This was not his mysterious Lorddess; it was Evonne, the  Apple woman who was older than him by seven years. He saw Evonne staring up at him with a blank expression like she was in some sort of trance. Her lips were all swollen from his invading kiss.

 

 

Then he saw her long, beautiful, slender fingers caressing her swollen lips, moving ever so slowly on those lips he had just ravished with his hungry kiss. Logan swallowed, wanting very much to kiss those lips again.

 

 “You kissed me,” she said blankly. “Why did you kiss me?” Then, as if she had awakened from her stupor, she fluttered her eyes open and stared at him as if she just saw him for the first time. 

 

The situation finally sank in, and she fled the scene. “I… I…” Logan couldn’t form a cohesive sentence. He was confused at the moment. He couldn’t understand why he was kissing Apple. The first time at the restaurant was an accident. 

 

This time it was not. Wracking his brain for a simple explanation, he just couldn’t come up with any as he watched her once again flew down the stairs with her hair tossing behind her, just like the very first time she had fled from him when she’d delivered those flowers to his townhouse the day before Valentine’s. For once, the king of Lotharios was at a loss for words.

1