Part 49: $500?
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CH10

Evonne, who was the targeted person at hand, almost had a heart attack when she heard the horn blast. It shrilled in her ears, awakening her from her zombie-like state.

She starred in the direction where the blast had come from, when the driver suddenly made his appearance, striding towards her like he was modeling for Gucci clothing on a catwalk, wearing D&B shaded glasses.

His long legs swallowed up the distance between them, and in an instant, he stood facing her, his shades still covering his roguish eyes.

Who is this man? Evonne thought, slightly alarmed, as her heart began to race. He sure looked familiar. Then the man took off his shades, and she almost bit her tongue. “My, my, my, if it isn’t Madam Apple.”

Logan smirked. “Are you so desperate to die that you choose to end your life on the road?” “You Lothario!” Evonne seethed under her breath. She couldn’t believe that at the time when her life was at its lowest point, she had to keep running into this man.

And it wasn’t just once or twice; it had to be three times. Way too many times for her liking. “Yes, Logan’s the name, remember?” Logan said slyly. “But if you prefer to call me Lothario, I don’t mind either way. Right, Madam Apple?” “Stop calling me Apple! My name is Evonne.”

“I think it suits you. Madam because you’re old, and Apple…” Logan pretended to rub his nose like he was in the process of thinking. “Because you’re old,” he finally said, teasing at her.

“Arrrggghhh…” Evonne gritted her teeth. “I should just bite my tongue right now.” “I don’t think it’s a good idea. There’s no hospital near here,” Logan said, then started following her when she walked away from him.

“What are you doing blasting your horn like that? You almost gave me a heart attack.” “I did? Wow, I would love to see it in action.

The hot and hot Logan is causing you to have a heart attack because I’m just so damn good-looking.” “Good-looking?” Evonne scoffed. “More like a showoff. What do you want anyway? Why are you here? Go away.

Stop following me.” “Even if you pay me, Apple, I wouldn’t be seen following you, but since I ran across you here, I might as well just get it off my chest,” Logan said. “What is it?” Evonne asked, stopping in mid-stride to face him, annoyed at his presence.

“I came to ask for compensation,” Logan stated, thinking on the spot as to the reason he was following the Apple-like loyal puppy.

“For what?” Evonne asked. “What compensation?” “For ruining my shirt when you spit on it at the nightclub.” “That baby-blue shirt?” “Yes, the one that cost me $500.” “$500? You’re kidding, right?” Evonne’s eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. How could a shirt cost $500? Was he playing a joke on her?

“Not kidding. It’s branded,” Logan said. “Now, how are you going to pay for it? I don’t take cheques or bank deposits. I prefer money on hand.”

“I don’t have that much cash on me right now,” Evonne said, clutching her wallet. “It’s fine, then. Give me your business card,” Logan said with his palm held out. 

0