Not to kiss and make up
35 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gelid explains: "Different ki types have different strengths. 

Ki, the life force of a being varies from species to species- like Demons and Dragons. Or from race to race- like ours, Arcosians, Bouleans and Gaburas. Even person to person

A dragons ki would be of higher quality than many other races. Of course our ki is only slightly weaker than theirs. But most dragons are dead so their ki so it's not important. What is though-"

She shook the box, struggling with the latch before opening it. Five wooden cards slotted into soft silk the boxes bedding. There was a space in the corner, one was used or taken. She took one out before closing the box and continuing.

"Is this, magic, placed in objects. Magic is a strange thing able to do a lot of weird crazy things with enough energy input. Locate objects, see the future, talk with the dead, seal your powers, or- in this case and now in my hands- enhance it."

She gently placed the card in Isykle's hands. 

"She never said how much it refines your ki quality. Actually there wasn't much instructions either, it was more of a 'I left this in the house while I went to fight a war and died, goodluck' thing. 

Anyway just inject as much ki as you can and be prepared to get it back at least twicefold."

Isykle: "Wait, if I get what I give, shouldn't I wait?"

…long pause…

Gelid: "Ah, right, good thought. Too caught up in old times… I'll put this back then we can go back to Dryce.

… …

Walking Isykle couldn't stop his curiosity any longer. 

Isykle: “You explained a little about magic but you didn't say anything on shinsu, what kind of power is that? Who is this 'she' person. And why do you know these things, can you do any of these? And what perplexes me the most is why are you telling me?”

Gelid: "Let's make a long story short and say I had a good friend while in service and you're ki reminds me of hers. 

She actually taught me a few spells, one you will help me with very soon. And shinsu… I'm not sure, my friend was the only one who fought it and spread the tale. She had to make up her own conclusions and names since the natives were hostile immediately. Said something about having a planet full of people who could make a weird water like substance that makes everything it touches your enemy. From the air around us to the ground to the very blood that runs in us."

 

Isykle: "That's very dangerous… Wait, what spell would you even need help with?" 

He felt the pit where his ki judged that he had enough to transform and fly away at rocket speeds if need be. 

Gelid: "Oh you know, this information would be worth a lot to the right people in high positions. With how long I withheld these powers, this very much a crime. And as my friend use to put it 'I dont to be someone's magic genie in a bottle."

She stopped, standing in front of the boy she looked down at him dead in hea eyes. 

Gelid: "You can not leave unless I have this binding contract. Confirmation that I- that we won't be jeopardized. So please repeat after me, I don't want really unwarranted optimism in you shattered so quickly."

She held out her hand palm up towards Isykle. Who took it with a skeptical look.

With a nod she began with Isykle a word behind: ""si nishka ti disclose tikil information shafaer wer selgtarn di gelids arcanik ekess tikilvi. sjek si jikmada sia lex sia ki nishka malrak qe egrema!""

When the last word left the grace of his tongue like a cow jumping off a tree he felt the forgotten familiar sensation of a tie tightening around his neck before disappearing like an illusion.

Gelid smiled brightly: "Great, can you check on Dryce for a second. I have to get one more thing, I won't be long."

Without even waiting she left, leaving a very bizarre feeling Isykle. Giving himself a once over and cycling his ki he could feel nothing wrong, only that the thought of snitches on Gelid's magic capabilities to be blasphemous. Not that he planned to do so from the beginning, she was helping him, he wouldn't stab her for that.

Scratching his head he returned to his cousin, now sitting up and flexing and wincing when the pain became overbearing.

Glancing at the opening door Dryce got annoyed: "Where did mom take you? I swear if she showed you those pictures I'll pull a you and leave."

Isykle: "I wouldn't do that, the food out there tastes horrid. But i might need to ask about those photos if they're that embarrassing."

Dryce glanced at the wooden tab in Isykle's hand: "I may be severely hurt but i still have the home advantage, please give me a reason to fight you.

However, if you can do what Vanilla did, there's not much hope…" he stared at the floor, replaying what could have been.

Isykle: "If that second phase blocks you, then you just need a new phase to counter it."

Striking the coolest pose he could think of, he opened his arms wide, mading a show of his transformation. 

Dryce laughed: "Right, you were too calm when he started screaming like a madman. You should have told me that you wanted me to pressure him, I was set on giving him a good beating. But that would be the perfect apology for my ruined expectations."

He walked around Isykle inspection the form before laughing.

This is nice, but you still owe me a ki blast 'cool substitute teacher'."

SHOO

Gelid walked in: "I hope I didn't hear you saying you were going to teach my Dryce something as dangerous as ki blasts.

Oh is that the boost you were talking about? Hmmm, yes, that does close the gap between you and them."

She gave Isykle two papers before laying on the couch.

"The first paper is the starting time, a map, and directions to the testing fields. The second is blank. You have three hours before you have to leave. Teach what you can of that form to my boy and write the rest."

Isykle: "kicking me out that fast?"

Gelid: "Yeah, plausible deniability, I want to see ole Krusty mad from the sidelines, not be the center of it."

Isykle reverted when he saw the time on the paper 18 hours from now. And it was far too. Solidifying that Krustallos was never going to let him go, he would have had to leave immediately after getting back.

Isykle: "Alright Dryce, time's not on our side, I'll quickly tell you what you should feel during each step and then I'll write and focus on the finer things…"

1

there is an major error in here i can feel it unfortunately im uploading this before going to work so i cant find it, woe.

Spoiler
current under re-development

[collapse]

1