Chapter 29: Night Performances
193 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Huh, trash sword? Orion thought internally.

How dare she call such a great sword trash? Liu Jian thought to himself.

Meanwhile Luo Fengwei watching Wang Lingxin in disbelief.

Luo Fengwei, visibly shaken by Wang Lingxin's sudden comment, usually if someone were to badmouth his creation, he will immediately slap that person to death. However, faced with a kid who seemed to be Orion's disciple, he hesitated. He didn't want to risk offending Orion again after just patching up their relationship. Swallowing his anger, Luo Fengwei chose to maintain his composure, though the internal turmoil was evident on his face.

"Uhmm, little girl, what do you mean by trash quality? Do you know something about this sword?" Luo Fengwei questioned.

"Isn't that the sword that was on the table in the workshop previously? I have tried it; it's trash," Wang Lingxin replied simply and calmly as she sipped her tea.

"Tra... trash?!" Luo Fengwei exclaimed.

Luo Fengwei was on the verge of vomiting blood, hearing her dismiss his craftsmanship so casually.

"Umm, please forgive her, Mr. Luo. She doesn't really mean it and doesn't know what she's talking about," Orion interjected. Orion then turned towards Wang Lingxin and said, "You should apologize to Mr. Luo."

"Hmpphh!!!..." Wang Lingxin turned her body away from Luo Fengwei, clearly displaying her dislike towards him.

After what happened today in Luo Fengwei's house, Wang Lingxin disliked him immensely. How dare someone like Luo Fengwei, who is just a lowly mortal, dare to talk like that to her master?

Those who enter the cultivation path are not typically referred to as mortals anymore, although technically, they still are. While not immortals, these cultivators are stronger and live longer than regular mortals. 

For Wang Lingxin, who has encountered her future self, her horizons have expanded greatly upon learning about the greatness of her master and her future self. To her, everyone in this world is just a weak mortal. A cultivator at the Golden Core realm, like Luo Fengwei, is akin to ants in her eyes.

"It's... it's fine, Mr. Orion. This kind of sword can indeed be considered as trash for someone of your level. But I can only make Grade-4 weapons and armor at most, so please forgive me for this low-quality gift," Luo Fengwei explained.

Huh? What is he talking about? Someone of my level? What level? Orion wondered internally.

"Ehm... so about the wolframite and tungsten..." Orion attempted to deflect and change the subject, leading them to continue their discussion.

The conversation turned lively once again. After discussing basic information about wolframite and tungsten, as well as several things that Orion wanted from Luo Fengwei as part of their previous agreement, Wang Lingxin, who was also sitting at the same table, yawned with half-opened eyes, intermittently closing and opening them. She was clearly getting sleepy.

"I guess we can continue the discussion another time," Orion suggested.

“That’s right, it’s already late. Then, Mr. Orion, I think I will excuse myself for now. I will visit again tomorrow, if that’s okay with you.” Luo Fengwei proposed, even though the night was still early. He didn’t want to disturb Orion any longer.

"Hm... I will visit your workshop instead," Orion replied, it wanted to observe more and learn further about blacksmithing.

"Yes, that will do. Then I will excuse myself, Mr. Orion. Thank you very much," Luo Fengwei said, satisfied with the information he had gained. He then cupped his hand and bowed.

"Uhmm... Mr. Orion, how about 'the plan'?" Liu Jian asked.

Orion just nodded.

"Then we will excuse ourselves," Liu Jian smiled. Liu Jian and Luo Fengwei left the guesthouse.

"Young Master Liu, thank you very much for helping me meet Mr. Orion. If you want me to create some weapons and armor, just come to my place, and I will make it for you," Luo Fengwei said as they walked together.

"Thank you, Mr. Luo. By the way, Mr. Luo, if you are not in a hurry, why don't you join me and Mr. Orion to visit some good place tonight?" Liu Jian suggested.

"Good place? Is it related to the plan you mentioned earlier? What good place?" Luo Fengwei inquired.

"You will understand when we arrive, and you will like it," Liu Jian assured.

"Hm... then I will go," Luo Fengwei said. Although he couldn't wait to return and experiment immediately with the wolframite ore, the chance to get close and go together with Orion was also tempting.

Liu Jian and Luo Fengwei continued their journey, chatting and laughing together.

After Luo Fengwei and Liu Jian left, Orion instructed Wang Lingxin to brush her teeth and go to bed. Wang Lingxin first brushed her teeth, then went to bed, and just before falling asleep, she asked Orion to continue the Cinderella story. Orion indulged her, narrating the story for a short while until she fell asleep. After tucking her in and ensuring she was comfortable, Orion left the guesthouse to find Liu Jian.

In the front hall, Orion discovered Liu Jian with Luo Fengwei. It appeared that Luo Fengwei would also be joining them. Subsequently, the three of them departed from the Liu family estate, riding in a carriage.

After a while, they arrived at a bustling district of the city, even though it was already night. The carriage navigated through the lively streets, heading toward a particular building. Throughout the journey, Luo Fengwei kept asking Orion questions about blacksmithing and metallurgy. Orion answered whenever it could and within the limits of its knowledge.

Once the carriage arrived at its destination, the three of them disembarked.

"Huh? So this is what you meant by the good place, Young Master Liu?" Luo Fengwei queried.

"Hehe, that's right," Liu Jian affirmed. They then entered, and a beautiful girl led them to the second floor and to a luxurious room.

Hm... I think I know what kind of place this is, Orion thought internally.

The three-story building stood lavishly adorned with intricate decorations, boasting an array of beautiful potted flowers that graced its interior. Smooth silk curtains swayed gently, adding a touch of elegance to the atmosphere. Inside, the open area was filled with numerous tables and chairs, creating a lively yet intimate setting. Additionally, secluded rooms offered a more private experience. Many beautiful girls worked here, accompanying the patrons, filling their drinks, and engaging in happy conversation.

Dimly lit, the unique ambiance was heightened by the soft glow emanating from the lighting and the aromatic blend of burned incense wafting through the air. Fragrant floral scents from the potted flowers permeated the space, creating a distinctive and alluring vibe.

At the heart of the establishment, a grand stage took center stage, providing a focal point for entertainment. The second floor, open in the middle, providing an overlook for those on the second floor to enjoy a view of the stage on the first floor. Those with influence could access the second floor, while the first floor was open to all visitors.

The place is a tea house called Midnight Orchid Manor, but not just any tea house because it's very famous for providing entertainment with beautiful girls dancing, singing, and playing music.

What makes the place more special is Hua Meiying. She plays the zither exceptionally well, producing a beautiful and enchanting melody. Hua Meiying is not only talented but also stunningly beautiful, attracting many patrons who come to watch her performance, savor the captivating tunes of her zither, and enjoy her exquisite appearance.

Currently, four beautiful girls grace the stage, dancing to the accompaniment of melodious music. Orion, Luo Fengwei, and Liu Jian are watching the show from the second floor. Liu Jian is the only one fully indulging in both the performance and his drink, while Orion and Luo Fengwei remain engrossed in their discussion on blacksmithing, metallurgy, and inscription.

Orion felt a tinge of disappointment as the supposed 'good place' turned out to be this kind of place. Orion would have preferred to stay at the guesthouse, dedicating the entire night to conducting experiments and research.

On the other hand, Luo Fengwei wasn't particularly interested in the place either. Initially keen on experimenting with wolframite ore, Luo Fengwei chose to accompany Orion. Despite his disinterest with the 'good place', Luo Fengwei saw it as a chance to get closer to Orion and learn more from his expertise. 

After the mesmerizing performance by the four beautiful dancers, the stage lights dimmed, signaling the end of their act and the onset of the main show. As the dancers gracefully exited the stage, a radiant spotlight emanated from a crystal, illuminating a beautiful girl seated in the center with a zither placed before her.

As she began to play, the ambient sounds of patrons chatting, laughing, and clinking glasses gradually faded into silence. Hua Meiying's enchanting melody captivated the entire venue, capturing the undivided attention of every patron. The atmosphere transformed into an ethereal ambiance as the spotlight emphasized her figure, creating the illusion of a fairy descended to the earth. The patrons, entranced, fixed their eyes on Hua Meiying, absorbed in the beauty of her performance.

When Hua Meiying finished, the patrons erupted in immediate applause, their praise for her echoing non-stop. Orion even noticed Liu Jian wiping tears from the corner of his eyes. Huh? Why is he crying? Orion wondered internally.

"Truly a spectacular performance," Liu Jian declared as he clapped. Then, turning towards Orion, he inquired, "So, how was it, Mr. Orion?"

"Hm... so-so, I guess," responded Orion.

Uh, just so-so? Liu Jian thought internally. "Ah, I see. Then what do you think of the performance, Mr. Luo?" Liu Jian asked.

"Yeah, it's so-so," replied Luo Fengwei as he sipped his drink. He personally preferred experimenting with the wolframite ore rather than watching the performance. Despite Hua Meiying's beauty, he had encountered many more beautiful girls, and as a Golden Core Realm cultivator who had lived for more than 400 years, he had seen and experienced a lot.

"Ah, I see," Liu Jian mused, realizing he seemed to be the only one deeply moved by the performance.

Hua Meiying continued her performance, and the patrons clearly enjoyed it. After midnight, finally, the main show came to an end, and Hua Meiying gracefully exited the stage.

However, the entertainment persisted as several dancers entered, now clad in more revealing attire. Their dance incorporated seductive and provocative moves, accompanied by energetic and sensual music. Despite not being the main show, the patrons enthusiastically enjoyed it, evident in their loud cheers for the dancers on stage.

What caught Orion's interest, though, was the backdrop lighting. It resembled neon lamps from Earth, displaying a colorful and beautifully shaped array that blinked and mesmerized, adding an enchanting allure to the ongoing performance.

Orion leaned forward, showing a keen interest. Noticing this, Liu Jian asked, "Are you interested in the performance, Mr. Orion?"

"Hmm... yes, it's very interesting," Orion responded.

"Oh... I see," Liu Jian said, smiling with a mysterious air. Internally, he thought, Hehe, it seems that Mr. Orion is a man of culture, noticing Orion's interest in the current show compared to the main performance.

"By the way, what is that long lamp that can change color?" Orion inquired.

Huh? Lamp? Liu Jian wondered internally.

"That is called a slime lamp, Mr. Orion. It's made from vein obtained from slime, and by powering it with a spirit stone, it can glow. With the addition of inscriptions and slight modifications, the light can be controlled, including color, blinking, fading, and more. Haven't you ever seen one before, Mr. Orion?" Luo Fengwei explained.

"Oh, it's called a slime lamp. I've never seen one. There's no such thing in the place where I come from," Orion replied.

Orion then directed a series of questions about the slime lamp towards Luo Fengwei, reversing the roles as Orion took the initiative in the conversation. Previously, Luo Fengwei had been the one asking the questions.

Uh... then what about the show? Liu Jian wondered internally.

It became apparent that neither Luo Fengwei nor Orion showed much interest in any of the performances, previously Liu Jian thought that Orion might prefer the more alluring and sensual show. However, it turned out that Orion was more intrigued by the slime lamp rather than the girls.

The performance continued, each act growing increasingly more sensual. Even as the performance concluded, Liu Jian found himself alone in watching the rest of the show. Orion and Luo Fengwei remained engrossed in their discussion about the slime lamp.

Is the slime lamp more interesting than those girls? Liu Jian pondered internally, feeling uncertain and confused about the situation.

8