Chapter 34: Overwhelming Display of Power
166 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Fly No. 1's fist collided with Orion's helmet forcefully, emitting a loud bang. However, to Fly No. 1's surprise, nothing happened; Orion stood unmoved, and the helmet remained intact. Fly No. 1's face contorted in pain, realizing not only did his fist fail to cause any damage, but he also felt pain himself.

"Ughh... de...defense artifact?" Fly No. 1 stammered. He was certain that previously it was just a normal helmet, but now it seemed to be a defense artifact. How?

"Rookie mistake – always deliver a decisive blow," Orion remarked. "Now, it's my turn."

Clenching its right fist, Orion unleashed an uppercut that struck Fly No. 1's jaw strongly. Orion's punch sent Fly No. 1 airborne for a second before he lost consciousness and slumped to the ground.

While Fly No. 1's punch had enough strength to shatter Orion's helmet, unfortunately for him, Orion had inscribed its entire body with O# inscriptions. These inscriptions, powered by LQ stored at several places in its body, enhanced its defense, strength, speed, durability, quietness, stealthiness, lightning, and more. The inscriptions are concealed within Orion, making them invisible from the outside.

Previously, after developing the O# inscriptions, Orion only got the chance to inscribe simple inscriptions in its body. Orion plans to replace some of its body parts with better materials unique to this world, then add more complex O# inscriptions with more significant effects.

Orion may be the only one to utilize inscriptions in this manner, as cultivators cannot inscribe inscriptions on their own bodies. The Qi flow within the inscription would disrupt the Qi flow in a cultivator's body, potentially damaging their meridians and dantian. Furthermore, when activating the inscriptions on the body, it is a painful experience for cultivators. However, as a robot, Orion faces no such challenges. Other than Orion, there are also cultivators known as puppet controller and zombie controller who employ inscriptions for body strengthening. However, they do not use these inscriptions on their own bodies; instead, they apply them to puppets and zombies. These cultivators utilize puppets and zombies as weapons for combat.

By activating the inscriptions in its body, Orion effortlessly defended against the punch of a 4th stage Qi Condensation realm cultivator. Subsequently, Orion activated the inscription in its right arm, strengthening the punch and delivering a powerful blow that easily defeated Fly No. 1.

"Next," Orion declared.

"Don't get too cocky, you dog. He's just trash and got careless," Chen Rongwei remarked.

"Second Young Master Chen, let me handle this. It seems that this bastard has been hiding his strength, but don't worry; I won't be careless," another of Chen Rongwei's followers, a 5th stage Qi Condensation cultivator, offered.

"Don't disappoint me," Chen Rongwei replied.

The follower swiftly retrieved a Grade-1 sword from his storage ring and charged towards Orion. The sword emitted a radiant light, indicating his serious intent from the beginning. He utilized his combat technique right away.

"Come, Fly No. 2," Orion beckoned.

"Eaaa!!!" Fly No. 2 closing in quickly towards Orion.

Orion had learned many combat techniques and movement skills from various books, scrolls, and direct observations. During a previous city tour with Liu Jian and Wang Lingxin, they witnessed a competition among cultivators, providing Orion with valuable insights. Now, it was time to put theory into practice and test its skills against these flies.

Fly No. 2's attack was fierce; he stabbed towards Orion's helmet, trying to pierce it. Orion shifted its head to the right, dodging the attack closely. Fly No. 2 continued with a left horizontal strike, attempting to behead Orion. Forced to duck to avoid it, Orion evaded the strike. Fly No. 2 then pressed on with a diagonal attack to the bottom right. Orion twisted its body to the right and leaned back slightly, barely avoiding the attack. Fly No. 2 finished the sequence with a straight left kick, attempting to send Orion back and create some distance. However, Orion crossed both of its arms in front of its chest and blocked the kick. Despite Fly No. 2 exerting all his strength in the kick, Orion easily blocked it, standing firm like an immovable mountain. Unsuccessful in pushing Orion, Fly No. 2 utilized the kick's force to propel himself backward, creating distance. All of Fly No. 2's assaults unfolded in just a few breaths.

"What a slippery bastard," Fly No. 2 muttered, frustrated because Orion managed to dodge his relentless assault.

Fly No. 2 held the sword in front of him, its glow intensifying as a brisk wind began to swirl around. With a resounding roar, he declared, "Take this, Whirling Gale Thrust!"

In a swift and determined dash, he closed the distance towards Orion with remarkable speed, leaving an afterimage in his wake. The sword aimed to stab Orion, and the wind rotated around the blade, creating sharp vortexes at its tip. The impressive momentum of his attack left thick dust billowing in his trail.

Despite Fly No. 2's rapid movements, Orion effortlessly captured his momentum using its optical sensors. Calm and unmoving, Orion awaited the incoming ferocious attack.

From the perspective of mortal onlookers watching from afar, the spectacle left them awed and impressed. It seemed as though the armored figure facing the attack was frozen in place, perhaps too terrified to make a move. The anticipation in the air heightened as Fly No. 2 got closer to Orion. To their surprise, the armored man brazenly extended his index and middle fingers against the sword attack. What a madman, they thought.

Clang! A resounding metal sound reverberated.

Orion stopped Fly No. 2's stabbing attack, clamping the sword between its index and middle fingers, tightly holding it near the blade's tip, the spiraling wind vortex around the sword also got dispelled.

"What?!!!" Onlookers were stunned. The armored man had stopped the sword attack with just his fingers, and now the two stood frozen in place.

Fly No. 2's face turned ugly, a bead of sweat rolling down his cheek. Despite exerting all his strength, he couldn't retrieve his sword; it felt as if the sword were stuck in a big boulder rather than held by the armored man's fingers. He was surprised, questioning why his attack could be easily caught by the armored man's fingers.

Damm it, does his gauntlet also a defense artifact? Why can't my attack cut it? What Grade is it? Wait, don't tell me all of his armor is a defense artifact? How did ordinary armor suddenly turn into a defense artifact? And why don't I see any inscriptions on it? Fly No. 2 internally puzzled, feeling the Qi fluctuation from Orion's arms.

"Urgh...." Fly No. 2 groaned. His right hand trembled as he struggled to free the sword.

"Is that the best you've got? Well, that was trash," Orion taunted.

Orion twisted its fingers, breaking the sword held between them. Orion then hurled the broken sword tip toward Fly No. 2's left foot, nailing it firmly to the ground.

"AAHHHHH!!!" Fly No. 2 screamed in pain, witnessing his broken sword tip stab his foot and anchor him to the ground.

"Shut your..." Orion launched a high kick, aimed at Fly No. 2's head, the strike executed with precision. "...mouth."

Fly No. 2 was sent flying to the side, rolling on the ground a few times before losing consciousness. Blood oozed from his left foot, where the broken sword tip still remained firmly embedded in the ground.

"Whoaa..." the onlookers exclaimed, overwhelmed by the dominating display of power from the armored man.

Chen Rongwei grew angrier as he witnessed his lackey getting beaten. His subordinate, rather than defeating Orion, ended up thoroughly defeated instead in just a few moves.

Orion turned toward Chen Rongwei and his follower, standing straight as a ramrod and holding both of its arms behind its back. "Next," Orion declared confidently, exuding the demeanor of a high-level cultivator looking down on a bunch of ants.

"Who are you exactly?!" Chen Rongwei demanded angrily, his frustration evident.

"I already told you, I am Orion," replied Orion nonchalantly.

"Tch, how dare you cause trouble in this city?" Chen Rongwei retorted.

"What trouble? I am just defending myself. You guys are the ones causing a ruckus," Orion asserted.

Chen Rongwei's anger grew, but an uncomfortable feeling began to gnaw at him. The seemingly ordinary mortal turned out to be remarkably strong, and the armor he had dismissed as ordinary now seemed like it could be a defense artifact. Chen Rongwei wondered if Orion had a significant background to possess such armor. Should he back off? But Orion had already insulted him in public, and he couldn't let it slide.

"Second Young Master Chen, there's no need for more talk. Let's all attack and beat that dog together," one of Chen Rongwei's followers suggested.

"Second Young Master Chen, he's just alone, and we definitely can overwhelm and defeat that dog," another follower chimed in.

"All of you attack together, use everything you have!" commanded Chen Rongwei.

"Yes, Second Young Master Chen," responded the remaining follower.

Chen Rongwei didn't plan to make a move himself, still feeling uneasy about the armored man named Orion. Instead, he decided to send his followers to test the waters.

The four remaining followers drew their weapons from their storage rings, the weapons glowing as they attacked. Charging at the same time, they utilized their movement techniques, their advance accompanied by loud shouts. Two of them took the middle position, while the other two positioned themselves at the edges. Their plan was simple: the two in the middle would overwhelm Orion together, while the other two would flank Orion from both sides simultaneously. Confident in their strategy, they believed they could defeat Orion.

Whoooshh...

But to their surprise, Orion suddenly charged towards them at an even faster speed, heading straight for the two in the middle. Startled by Orion's sudden move, they launched their attacks. Orion deftly ducked its body while simultaneously preparing a punch with both arms. Evading their attacks, Orion immediately counterattacked with a powerful punch aimed at the two.

"Take this, Fly No. 3 and Fly No. 4!" Orion declared confidently.

"Guahh!" Fly No. 3 and Fly No. 4 were punched strongly in their guts, experiencing excruciating pain. They spat blood, feeling the wrenching pain as they were knocked back, sent flying by Orion's powerful punch.

The other two, initially planning to flank Orion, found themselves behind Orion due to his sudden charge. Seizing the opportunity, they launched their attacks, aiming at Orion's exposed back.

"Fire Edge Slash!"
"Misty Thrust!"

After sending Fly No. 3 and Fly No. 4 flying, Orion sensed the approaching presence of Fly No. 5 and Fly No. 6 from behind by detecting their radio signals. In response, Orion jumped forward, placing both palms on the ground, thrusting and using the force to propel its body forward and upwards in a forward roll, narrowly evading the attacks from Fly No. 5 and Fly No. 6. Simultaneously, Orion's body soared through the air as it closed in on the bodies of Fly No. 3 and Fly No. 4, who had crashed loudly to the ground. Groaning from the impact, their ordeal was far from over as Orion descended upon them, delivering powerful palm strikes to their faces, the sheer force burying their heads into the ground. Orion didn't stop there; it activated the electroshock weapons on both of its palms, electrocuting Fly No. 3 and Fly No. 4. Blood flowed from Fly No. 3 and Fly No. 4's mouths and noses, their unconscious bodies convulsing and crackling with a buzzing sound from the electroshock weapons.

"Ba...bastard," stammered Fly No. 5, beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

"Careful! This dog is very strong," warned Fly No. 6.

In just a short moment after they began their attack, their two other companions, who are 4th and 5th stage Qi Condensation realm cultivators, were quickly defeated. Now, only the two of them remained. They became wary and scared, questioning how strong the armored man actually was. As 5th stage Qi Condensation realm cultivators, both Fly No. 5 and Fly No. 6 felt fear, wondering if they had perhaps offended someone they should never have.

Orion stood and turned towards Fly No. 5 and Fly No. 6. "Next."

Fly No. 5 and Fly No. 6 were consumed by fear, as if Orion had just announced their death sentence. They broke into a cold sweat.

"Are you not coming? Then I will," Orion declared after waiting for Fly No. 5 and Fly No. 6 to make a move.

Without hesitation, Orion dashed towards them.

"Quick, block him!" Fly No. 6 shouted.

"Heaaa!" Fly No. 5 exclaimed.

Fly No. 5 and Fly No. 6 prepared to defend against Orion's attack, expecting to block, parry, or dodge. However, to their surprise, Orion thrust both its palms forward, launching small, sharp projectiles that swiftly flew toward them. The unexpected attack caught them off guard as the projectiles hit their chests, delivering a shocking jolt of electricity.

"GYAAAAA!!!!" Fly No. 5 and Fly No. 6 screamed in pain.

Orion continued closing in on them. The projectile-based electroshock weapons were connected to cables, conducting electricity from Orion's palms to their chests. Numb and paralyzed, they watched in horror as Orion approached, rendering them helpless. With precision, Orion landed a powerful punch on Fly No. 5 and Fly No. 6's chins, sending them crashing backward and into unconsciousness.

The onlookers watched from the side, speechless; no one made a sound, impressed by the battle. After the dust settled, Fly No. 1 to Fly No. 6 lay motionless on the ground, unconscious and looking pitiful. The armored man stood, his clothes still looking clean and tidy, as if he had not just been involved in a fight. The situation was quiet; only the sound of the wind blowing and carrying dried leaves on the ground, dancing, could be heard.

"All the flies are now down, only the shit is left. Now, what are you gonna do, Mr. Shit?" Orion broke the silence.

"?!" the onlookers exclaimed.

8