Rabbits.
84 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This time I wasn’t about to just stand there and die.

No time to waste. Something is gonna happen and I wont be there to experience that.

I have started runnin away from the group immediately after the man explained how when you kill things you get notification from your box inside of your head and it will declare exactly how much experience points you aquired.

That was a rabbit. Think? Think!!!

I could maybe shout some warning, but I was so deeply scared and afraid of whats to come I didn’t have time to care for others.

This is survival. I need to run.This is a game world , but it is also a real world. There is no way normal rabbit would survive this world like that with its suicidal behaviour.

I wasn’t really a pro when it comes to animal talk but the limited information I knew was enough for me to somehow realize it subconsciously.

Rabbit is a small weak animal, it is a vegetarian, it is also a walking bag of meat for any predators that’s slightly faster than it. Its only defense is agility and if it wasn’t for the sporadical hops prety much any carnivour would catch them withoth any issue.

So tell me why would that small creature that’s used to be hunted on our earth and prety much avoids anything. Willingly walked towards large group of people.

It breeds insanely fast too… holy shit. That’s it.

As the realization of whats to come dawn upon me I only sped up. Running not even turning back to others. I could even hear some of them laughing.

Those rabbits are propably like locust… no other way around that.

It wasn’t that long when I reached first few trees.

Forest isnt exactly a safe place for a level one dude but its gona be better than in the open like them.

Deciding that going deep into the forest is a death wish and I was really curious how its gona play out anyways. It was also prety far away from the group so chances were they wont reach there.

I climbed up a tree basicaly flawlessly, cutting myself all around but nothing too deep. The box announced to me something on my way up but I was too busy to care or focus on whats its saying.

I really wish im wrong on this.

And as perfect jinx at the exact timing rabbits from the other side of plains were quickly aproaching the group. They didn’t saw them yet but some of them could propably see grass disapearing as if someone was quickly mowing it.

I however had way better look at it and saw the white ground that’s creeping up on them real fast as if it was white shadow.

They are still just rabbits… right ?

Group seemed to catch on something is happening rather quickly and started getting ready.

 

As the rabbits ate the rest of the long grass and aproached the group clearly in open on the plains where they all stand. They still seemed to be passive. The same white fluffly ball that’s just cute.

They however also surrounded the entire group of atleast couple hundred of people.

Now that I look at it my initial counts were way off, It doesn’t seem even close to thousand from up there.

Maybe tree hundred people?

I couldn’t really hear anything from this far away but they were talking about something. After couple of seconds of that pincer move I noticed the rabbits are actualy slowly going away from the group and didn’t seem to go on offensive even when they clearly spotted the dead rabbit and also they didnt eat the grass that wasn’t long at all.

Are they some sort of natural lawn mower?

But things wouldn’t go so smoothly. Just when I was about to release a huge sigh and wanted to climb off and join the group again, a man launched fireball of some sort in the middle of those rabbits.

Sure enougn around fifty rabbits were massacred in one move. But that wasn’t so bright of an idea.

There were more than thousands of those fluffy balls. I couldn’t count them at all because they seemed like the ground itself but that in itself is propably huge reminder of that these numbers must be crazy.

It was the group who attacked the rabbits first and in couple of seconds maybe even a thousands of rabbits fell.

To me however it seemed like small holes in the ground opened that turned to green and then again to white then red on most sides.

I knew. They are all about to die. I had no idea how fast its gona be but they had no chance.

Rabbits now prety much red on those sides facing group slightly glowed and started to shoot at the people like cannonbals. Each one of those bastards packed a punch so big that anyone who didn’t had a good defensive armor were pierced straight trough.

Some of those even pierced multiple people. And there were hundreds of those small cannonbals launched at them at the same time.

It was a massacre. I was glad im so far away. I propably died there in some other timeline.

I heard many people scream from the pain and horror and the rabbits continued to shoot at the people until they all died. It wasn’t  long. Ten seconds is all it took them until the last of screams could be heard.

Those rabbits are crazy strong compared to earth!!

As I was watching the nightmare inducing horros of those rabbits, it surprised me how calm I was. But that didn’t change the fact that I was witnessing my very own group of people being slaughtered and I was there powerless and watching.

Are you happy now in your chair somewhere you sick bastard?

I cursed at this Gods gift that we all received unwillingly. But all that was for nothing. People died and nobody cared but me.  Even the rabbits just moved on about theyr bussiness and I decided that its time I move on too.

No.

Not like this!!!

 Not without any meaning to this massacre I will not leave.

I almost fell from the tree when I was in such hurry to be down there before the rabbits leave. I had to give this massacre a meaning so I decided to confirm what I thought was the reason. Running towards the giant group of fluff.

I can do this.

Stop being such a pussy.

Don’t overthink this. You are not wrong.

As I was aproaching them and preparing mentaly the group noticed me and changed theyr course towards me.

This is part of the plan, don’t be a pussy just confirm what you already know.

When both me and the group were facing each other and they started to slowly surround me aswell I knew that this is it. My body hair wasn’t up at all. I wasn’t wrong.

Each of the rabbits features could be clearly seen from this distance and they really were looking just like rabbits when they were aproaching me and noticed that I was crying from the whole situation. I coudlve sworn they understood me.

Those rabbits didn’t atack me. Wich just confirmed what I knew. They would never atack first. They even seem to feel my pain and instead just slowly engulfed me to ensure me they mean no harm.

This feels so safe and warm.

These rabbits are probably inteligent. I understood it from the actions they all took. They eat only long grass leaving it to regrow, they are not atacking anyone just for the fun of it, they can understand emotion and they value family. It felt like they wanted to say sorry but we had to and I forgave them. It wasn’t theyr fault after all they also wanted to survive.

I cried and cried sweared about revenge on that sick God of ours and they stayed with me until I was calm.

Thank you rabbits and I am sorry.

They seemed to understand me perfectly probably because I was like them in some ways. Then they formed a huge arrow pointing a direction and left. I knew immediately they wanted me to go that way.

Thank you again and please survive.

I will listen to the advice you gave me rabbits and now I know that every experience point I get this way will have its exact cost in humanity points of mine.

All these events are about to have huge impact on my future to come for sure but for now I decided that going the way the rabbits showed me is propably the only chance of survival and I also realized one last thing I had to do on these plains.

As I came closer to the place of massacre with all those bodies my body gave up and I barfed, a lot.

 

The horrors of what I saw that day will propably never leave my memory… but box had things to say.

Achievements unlocked…

Rabbits?!- Aquired +1 to all stats.

Achievements unlocked…

Kindred spirit- Aquired protection of Gaia.

2