[C1] Death and rebirth
1.8k 8 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone, before starting the novel i just wanted to inform you that this is my first novel and that english is not my native language, so if you see some really bad writing please feel free to share it in the comments to help me improve the novel. I'm really excited to start this new novel that i work on since march 2023. Also, i'm not very experienced with the differents POV but i will try my best. Good reading everyone !!!

 

William POV 

A sudden noise followed by a sharp pain is felt, I lose consciousness briefly but wake up a few seconds later. However, everything around me is blurred, whether it's the flickering blue lights or the blurred figure standing beside me. The only sounds I perceive are incomprehensible, so muffled and inaudible are they, and then a sensation of intense cold gradually spreads throughout my body. That's when I realized what's happening to me. I'm dying, I don't really know what's happened to me but these blue lights must be the paramedics trying to help me and the blurred figure of a family member but I can't recognize him/her. Suddenly, I feel the need to sleep, I try to fight it but the fatigue is too much and my eyelids slowly close, leaving me all alone in the blackness of my consciousness…

If someone had told me this morning that I was going to have an accident, I would never have believed them. Indeed, I, William 16, had just finished my high school year a few days ago and was about to go on holiday with my family, which consists of my father, my mother and my little sister. We had to be at the airport by 10 a.m. and left early in the morning by car. Everything was going well until a truck appeared out of nowhere and collided with our car leading to the current situation."

I've been in a dark, infinite space that I'll define as my consciousness for several hours now, floating there in the middle of everything, in this empty space. Am I going to stay here for eternity, or will I disappear after a while? Time becomes an abstract notion as I stay in this space. I don't know how much time has passed since I arrived here. Days, months, I don't know. What I do know is that I've been here a very long time. Just then, for the first time since my arrival in this void, I hear something, a whisper that seems to call to me from afar. I open my eyes and suddenly find myself in an immense white space, in stark contrast to the dark void in which I was floating. Before me stands an unknown being. Impossible to visualize, all I can see is a very large, blurred, radiant figure. I'm trying to concentrate in order to get a better look at who it is, when suddenly the being speaks to me.

"Your efforts to see my true form are in vain. And even if you did manage to see me, only madness and dementia would await you." The entity said to me.

"You... you can speak?" I exclaimed.

"Of course I can talk, I'm a deity, communicating with all different types of beings is part of the basic skills you need to have to do my job. Anyway, that's not the point, if you're standing here before me it's to plan your reincarnation."

"My reincarnation? I asked not really knowing what would happen to me.

"Indeed." The deity seemed extremely annoyed by the situation. "You see, William, you were in a car accident on the way to the airport with your family. Don't worry, your loved ones are fine, your father and mother are only slightly injured and your sister escaped unharmed. The problem is that the truck that caused your death is a creation of a god from another plane. This god has given this truck, which I'm going to call Truck-kun, the mission of sending various people back into the cycle of reincarnation. The problem is that Truck-kun doesn't hesitate to invade the planes of other deities, creating chaos everywhere. So my job is to compensate Truck-kun's victim souls by reincarnating them in the world of their choice."

"So the Truck-kun in the manga is real? I thought it was a simple and lazy way for authors of isekai novel's to make their characters die." I said rubbing my temples trying to understand the situation.

"No, you see William, because of too many Truck-kun victims. We sent an oracle into the mortal world to warn them of the potential danger. Only this oracle took a form that allowed it to be communicated to the greatest number." The being said.

"I see... So can I really choose any world for my reincarnation?" I asked.

The deity conjures up a book from nowhere and starts flipping through it. "If you wish, I currently have before my eyes the worlds that are most often chosen by the reincarnated. For the most popular, there are mostly anime worlds, otome games, rpgs ... For your information the least popular worlds are FromSoftware video game worlds. I don't know why the developers of these games created such complicated environments, but reincarnates who go there usually die within the hour of  their arrival.

As i listened attentively to the deity, i pondered for a while which world to choose for my next life, before reminding me that i'm really a big fan of martial arts. I watched every Bruce Lee's, Jackie Chan's movies. However i don't really want to go to a very violent world where i could die or be killed easily. Suddenly an animated movie from 2008 appeared in my mind. I spoke to the being : "Don't worry, I already know which world I want to go to."

The divinity was extremely surprised by William's rapid response and was taken aback "You made your decision very quickly. Be sure you don't regret it." The being warned me.

"Don't worry, my decision has been carefully considered. I wish to be reincarnated in the world of Kung Fu Panda." I said to the being.

"Hmm… the world of Kung Fu Panda. Let me see for a moment." The deity turns the pages of his book. "It's original I admit, according to my information no one before you has chosen this world. I wonder why ?" The being said thinking about it.

"Really? Well, I'd have thought lots of people would have liked to live in this world. Seeing kung fu masters fight in real life must be incredible !" I said excitedly.

"According to my information, that's not what humans like most lately." Said the deity still reading his book.

"Anyway, it doesn't matter, I'm the one who has the final decision on which world I'm reincarnated in, right?" I answered.

"Yes, you're absolutely right, let's not ramble any further and continue with your reincarnation procedure, do you have any wishes for your next life?" Declares the deity as he closes his book.

"Well, I've always thought that the Tai Lung character became an antagonist not because he's deeply evil. Rather, it's the circumstances that made him the person he was in the first film. Would it be possible for me to reincarnate as him ?" I asked.

"It's a bit complicated. You see, William, if I reincarnate you in Tai Lung's body, both your souls will be in one body. Moreover, divine law forbids me to totally destroy his soul. However, I can arrange for your souls to merge and eventually become one, although this operation will be slow and take some time." The being answered.

"But I'll remain myself?" I asked, a bit fearful.

"In all honesty yes and no, technically Tai Lung will become you and you will become Tai Lung, even for us gods, mixing souls is not a common process so I can't tell you more because I myself don't know what will happen in the future." Finally said the being.

Third person POV

Finishing his sentence, the deity chanted a spell unknown to William, who suddenly felt a deep sleep fall over him. Surprised William tried to ask what happen to him but before he could reply, sleep took hold of him, once again giving way to darkness.

==========================

Oogway's quote: "There are no accidents."

55