[C8] Beating of bandits (part 1)
1k 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today was a new day, and Tai Lung woke up excited to finally go beat the bandits hiding around the village. Descending from his room, he found Lark and Ye Yan.

"Hello Mr Bai. Can I come with you to see how you beat the bandits ?" Ye Yan asked excitedly at the prospect of seeing a kung fu master at work.

"Ye Yan!" Lark replied strictly before continuing "It's far too dangerous for you! What would you do if you got hurt?"

"Mouu... You're no fun at all, Lark, we risk nothing if Mr Bai is with us." She replied to Lark while looking at Tai Lung, waiting for some semblance of support from him.

"I'm going on my own, you two are going to slow me down. I don't want to treat you like a burden... but you actually are going to get in my way." Tai Lung said coldly to the two wolves.

(Aren't you being a bit hard on them, Tai Lung?) asked William, who continued (I mean, you're a kung fu master, these bandits are no match for you.)

(Even if they're not in danger if they're with me, the fact that they'll get in my way remains true. If I don't draw a clear line now, later it will become impossible) Tai Lung replied to William.

"I'm going, I'll probably be back tonight." Said Tai Lung leaving the couple's house.

As they walked along the west road, Tai Lung and William prepared their strategy.

(What do we actually do? Just walk in through the front door and beat the crap out of everyone?" asked William.

(Idiot, even if we're stronger, we only vaguely know where they are. We need to find out how many there are, when they're most vulnerable... If one of them escapes, we won't be able to eradicate them completely and they'll be back when we leave). Said Tai Lung

(Wow! I'd have imagined you more as a brute charging into the crowd and fighting everyone off. ) Says William.

(I'm strong, William, much stronger than second-rate bandits, but I'm no fool. To be a kung fu master, of course you have to be strong, but you also need technique, analytical skills and knowledge. Without these, you're nothing but a brainless brute. Besides, I like a job well done. If I decide to get rid of these bandits, I won't stop until I've dealt with them all) replied Tai Lung.

(Okay, I get it. I didn't expect you to be the one lecturing me) sighed William.

(I learned from one of the best masters... but not from the best father) Said Tai Lung bitterly.

(Sorry.) Said William

(Don't be. For now, concentrate on our current mission) Said Tai Lung suddenly stopping. (They're here!)

As Tai Lung stopped, two hyenas followed by a cat emerged from the bushes, wearing leather armor and carrying simple one-handed swords.

"Hey hey hey, it's our lucky day again, the chief will be happy" said the first hyena.

"It's dangerous to travel alone, didn't the villagers warn you?" said the second sarcastically.

"Give us all your valuables and we might let you live." continued the first.

Not intimidated by the two hyenas in front of him, Tai Lung continued to advance in the direction of the two hyenas.

Seeing the leopard approach them without any visible fear on his face, the hyenas became enraged.

"Hey! Are you deaf? Give us all some possessions without further ado!" Said the first hyena angrily .

"We're the most feared bandits in the region, haven't you heard the rumors about us?" Said the second.

"Never heard of you before" Tai Lung said coldly as he continued to approach the hyenas.

"We're the famous Rocket bandit group! You should be honored to be robbed by us, the most powerful unit of this group." The two hyenas said at the same time.

The hyenas looked at each other and nodded, then jumped back. Before launching into a choreographed dance.

“To protect the world from devastation !”

“To unite all peoples within our nation !”

“To denounce the evils of truth and love !”

“To extend our reach to the stars above !”

“Jessie !” said the first hyena

“James !” said the second one

“Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light !” 

“Surrender now, or prepare to fight !”

“Meow !!!” said the cat

Wind sounds intensifies

"Pfft" chuckled William, who couldn't help laughing at the resemblance of the two hyenas to certain fictional characters from his home world.

Seeing the leopard, laughing out loud after witnessing the choreography he had been preparing for several months, the hyenas named Jessie and James attacked Tai Lung.

"Don't laugh at us!" they said angrily.

But before they could strike a blow at the leopard. Tai Lung bent down to dodge their swords before striking a powerful blow to their stomachs. They fell to the ground unconscious, their mouths full of foam.

Seeing his friends on the ground, the cat approached them before licking their muzzles.

"I didn't understand what was so funny?" Said Tai Lung while looking at the two unconscious hyenas on the ground.

(I'll explain later, for now it's better to tie them up.) Says William with a smile on his face.

James POV

When we woke up, Jessie and I were both tied around a tree. Seeing us awake, the leopard previously seated near the tree stood up and approached us.

"If you answer all my questions I may let you live." Said the leopard using the same words as the bandits earlier.

"I'll never talk!" I said to the leopard

"We're loyal to the organization and the boss to the end" Says jessie.

"In that case, you won't mind if I get rid of your little furry friend." Says Tai Lung showing them their cat, which he holds in his left hand and pulls out his claws from his other hand.

"No Meowth !!!" Jessie shouted

"Meow" meowed the cat

"Answer my questions and nothing will happen to him" said the leopard

"All right" replied Jessie

A few minutes later, Tai Lung, having finally gathered all the information he needed to deal with the bandit camp, approached the hyenas, raised his clawed right paw and cut the rope holding them prisoner.

"Are you freeing us?" I asked intrigued.

"Let's just say I'm in a merciful mood today. I'll let you go, but I'll keep the money you have on you. You can take the rest and scram. " The leopard replied.

"What makes you think we won't warn the other bandits?" Jessie asked.

"If you do, the other bandits will know you've leaked information and I don't give much of your skin. I'd be you, I'd go as far away as possible." Said the leopard, who began to walk in the direction of the camp.

"Who are you?" I asked the leopard before he left.

The leopard stopped for a moment before turning and saying "I'm Tai Lung".

Tai Lung et William POV

On the way to the bandit camp, Tai Lung and William discussed

(You see I managed to get the information we were looking for.") said William proud of himself. 

(True, but I don't understand why you let them go. If they're really going to warn the other bandits, it'll make things harder for us") replied Tai Lung.

(I let them go because they're not bad people, otherwise that cat would never follow them. Besides, my instinct tells me we'll probably see them again" said William.

(I hope not, moron. Besides, you gave them my real name when we were bothering with an alias) said Tai Lung.

Our two protagonists continued on their way to the bandits' camp.

20