The Old Blood (Part 5)
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a day where everything changed forever.

The world itself shook as if about to fall off its axis with the weather seemingly going out of control causing heavy damage all around the world.

No civilisation within the mortal realm was touched and at the end of it many had died due to the blessing of life leaving causing enough damage to send them back into reincarnation. Still, fortunately for them, the foxes were relatively untouched as a whole due to the elves & other hybrids possessing enough lifeforce to remain alive… If heavily weakened due to the whole ordeal at hand.

That was only discussing their actual physical manpower though as there was something they realised immediately upon the loss of the blessing; their goddess had died. Such heavy news being discovered like this was positively devastating to those in the know while also making no attempt to keep the information secret. With such information passing freely between the different forests many of the members, both young & old, broke into tears.

Meanwhile those who weren’t directly related to the powerbase of the forests, such as lower ranking family clans or mortals, began to discuss between themselves in secret. It was obvious they had no confidence in the kitsune forces now that they had lost the blessing thus protecting their only primordial goddess. In such an instance why would they stay around?

Such conversations commonly happened within the forest before many mortals abandoned the morning foxes without care for all they had done for them. As the little prince of their ‘empire’ it was obvious the tod noticed as well as understood the reasoning behind these unloyal mortals & lower class who jumped ship as soon as things didn’t look good but it disgusted him. Each one of them simply seemed entitled to him - they wanted absolute safety and would proudly profess they were doing what “was only smart” while forgetting the sacrifices of the thousands of their own that sacrificed their lives for them.

To say he was disgusted for their disregard for the sacrifices his people made for them was a huge underestimation of his exact feelings. Still, whenever he clenched his stick wishing to cut them down for their hypocritical behaviour, a calming pair of hands would rest on his shoulders while reminding him to not stoop to their level.

These hands of course belonged to his mother as well as his sister who was surprisingly cool headed when she was needed to be. In this way perhaps they were opposites?

One was always energetic yet was cool headed in times of crisis while the other was always calm but was quick to resort to violence? This is also represented in their abilities as both mother & daughter were quick enough to pick up on the tod’s growth; they did not understand the principles behind his strength however they knew it to be impressive. Still, while he obviously excelled in physical abilities, she was unbelievably talented in the [Spiritual Arts] truly showing a contrast between them.

Either way it was true that the {Grand Shrine Maiden} was happy that her children would be able to both protect each other once they are too big to keep by her side. This only rang more true with the age of chaos she could clearly foresee coming into fruition with the death of their goddess likely only becoming the first step.  It only screamed of some kind of scheme yet as it stood she found herself unable to understand who could possibly benefit from this mess.

What confused everyone more was when two (literal) titans seemed to have some kind of dispute with one being made from ash & the other three headed with six limbs. It started with the ashen one randomly appearing and then getting attacked by the surrounding powers which made it seem like it could do nothing in return. Yet as time went on it seemed to get stronger so soon the dragons & beasts could do nothing when it finally managed to launch its own attack.

Still it clearly wasn’t of a sound state-of-mind as it trashed around causing untold damage and even dividing the world as a whole in ‘two halves’. It accomplished this by making a sword from the stone around to release a powerful blow that sliced a third of the land away from the rest creating a clear division that would exist to modern day. Even when the land itself gets connected by two land bridges by an Heroic Dragon of Space & Dracoenix due to how dangerous those, as well as the sea between, was to traverse.

Getting the name {Eternal Frontier}.

However, just when it seemed like nothing could stop it, another titan seemed to use the ‘avatar’ skill which allows one to partially summon their true body. As previously mentioned it was a 3 female oni headed 6 armed being yet each of the heads were… Infants who only had light fuzz upon each of their heads while their chubby little hands each did their own thing.

Two of the hands held Tian, one held a crows-beak while the last pair held nothing in them yet seemed just as ready for a fight. The baby’s heads were also different as one was golden haired with a silver halo above its head that radiated sharpness, the middle one had white hair along with a pair of menacing ‘z’ shaped horns that proudly pointed forward while the last girl possessed goat-like horns between it’s oni ones with vibrant purple hair. Still no matter how cool their ‘horns’ were, nobody was of the opinion that the baby Asura’s avatar could do a thing against the berserk god…

That was the thing about opinions; they are often wrong.


What happened after that could be said to be the second worst day in that titan’s life as the baby used its multiple hands to metaphorically tear it apart. If there was one word to describe the unborn oni-titan it was absolute; each head (thus each pair of hands) seemed to have a different specialty yet they perfectly blended their ability together to overpower the other. Though it had to be said that, even while they were clearly using teamwork, the purple & white heads were constantly barking at each other while the blonde one tried to always look aloof no matter what happened to them. Since they were literal babies it was somewhat cute though would certainly be cuter if those watching weren’t millions of miles away.

Though the two never got to finish their fighter as a titanic golden serpent - with smaller snakes embellished on its scales - bound both of them. Shortly after that all three of them vanished thus seemingly changed into one of their smaller forms yet this didn’t bring relief to the {Grand Shrine Maiden} despite everyone else's cheer. After all, she knew exactly who the third titian was, which made her wonder how exactly that snake knew about this little outbreak or arrived just in time to have both the other titans learn about one another's abilities.

Knowing that the serpent's interest in her children made her promptly warn them not to trust that snake in case it truly had some nefarious scheme they didn’t know about. Afterall it was fully possible that the primordial god seed in question had some other long term goal in helping all those mortals. With thoughts like that she became convinced that Tyrant was actually spreading its power of convents in order to increase their own power for some greedy plot.

Unfortunately she only figured out the truth far too late.

On a day that should have been like any other the sun suddenly grew twenty sizes bigger as the primordial god titan Apollo arrived while riding the azure dragon. Together with their people they began a mass-slaughter of the forest which she obviously went ahead to try to stop yet she knew fine well she could not defeat both. Still she could at least buy time for others to escape hence she rushed to the front lines to confront the two power houses while also freeing up the weaker foxes to attack their armies.

Her children were honest kids who tried to help yet as soon as the young tod arrived her seemed to hear something as he clutched his ears. He looked confused as if trying to find something yet all she looked at were the bloodied corpses of the fallen soldiers of both sides who died to help saitate someone else's no doubt selfish goal. Whatever he was hearing was unsettling to him as, as soon as he arrived at the battlefield, he rushed away once more though she did not have time to worry about him so sent Alexis to escape with her brother in hopes they would raise the flag of Bloodleaf royal family once more.

It was only when she was on her last legs with her heart having been crushed by the heavenly lightning of the dragon monarch did her children return.

Though that sweet little tod that had run away was no longer present and in his place was a cold warrior who held the shining holy sword of the true king. His mere presence, despite just being a mutant little fox who stood on his hind legs, carried with it a presence as all the dread & fear around seemed to become fuel for him. As soon as he arrived he managed to bring form to the regrets of the dead as their blood rose to take the form of them before death; this time they were all fighting for him.

Obviously he was still not a match for the two divine beings looking down on him, nevertheless they weren’t able to even approach him. A strange naked ebony-skinned cat-kin appeared with a large branch in his hands - though if it wasn’t for the dark-skinned boy being naked one would easily mistake him for her. From a wave of that branch a blade, made of energy the fox didn’t even know the name of, shot out then proceeded to remove one of the azure dragon’s wings.

Not knowing who the black cat was, the two decided to retreat while collectively deciding to abandon their army to hopefully learn something more.

Meanwhile the sight of the black cat appearing suddenly made the thoughts in the dying mothers mind swirl. It was while she was shocked over that, that she noticed a raven randomly in the treeline watching over the chaos despite the fact that any normal creature would have naturally flown away to get away from the powerful beings. It was then that her mind seemed to explode as her thoughts went back to what the world's Dealmaker had said when she pondered on what he was doing…

“No need to get worried; I’m merely here looking for a… Well a female Radiant Lion who looks little like a lioness and more like a… I’m not quite sure actually yet that she has black fur, is malnourished and you really couldn’t miss her based on what I’ve heard. It was originally because Gaia asked me to see about helping her out as she was helping mortals with her gaggle of birds who follow her around loyally yet I’m not too sure her motives are pure as Gaia would have liked…” <Dealmaker>

With the sudden new terrifying possibility slowly being all but confirmed in her eyes she could not help but let out a bitter smile as she felt her end getting closer. She had been played by someone she didn’t even know the name of and yet she fell right into that person's plot. At this point she truly understood the fear the primordial serpent held towards the cat and wanted to rush over to tell them the truth or better yet send her children to be protected under him…

Yet that was impossible now as she had already caused her children to cast suspicion upon the good intentions of the snake. All she could do was look on regretfully as her precious little boy rushed in heroically to save his kin & his people while a white haired little oni with familiar ‘Z’ shaped horns rushed to his side to crush her enemies with her powerful body. Something about the sight warmed her heart.

At least she knew her child would have someone watching his back…

She couldn’t help imagining what a great king he would make as she peacefully closed her eyes for the last time, signalling the start of the first great war.

0