Chapter 28: Mixing Classes
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-1st person-

A week later,

"So... Today we're meeting with Class 702?" Crystal asked, looking at Vincent with her large eyes. Vincent flinched at the sparkles directed at him and then he replied.

"Yes, we are going to meet with Class 702 to promote friendship and also rivalries. Or that's what it says in the email you were supposed to get a week ago."

I 'laughed', a week ago, everyone got emails telling us about this but Crystal was too focused on her tent and she accidentally deleted the email. She only found out yesterday but she didn't get to learn much since it was in middle of lesson and Rein is strict about these things.

"Well, anyways, we might be able to meet the top 1st!" I said, brightening the mood. Although there were many top 50s in the class, it was limited to around 6 and the other 3 were relatively low ranked. And the top 1 (who was said to be quite the pacifist) was in Class 702.

Then Rein walked in.

"Quiet down, everyone." His gaze directed towards the still-speaking groups and as silence fell, he continued. "As you all know, Class 701 will be meeting Class 702."

Everyone sat up, eagerly waiting for the rest of the sentence.

"I will lead you to the lunch hall and then you'll wait for Class 702 to enter. It will be a joint class where you can have a conversation and get to know each other for 30 minutes before we learn." He then walked and recited numbers 1 to 50. Yes, there were around 50 people in each class. I was number 37, Vincent was 38 and Crystal was 39. I think we were numbered around where we sat but it was probably randomised then changed to fit little groups.

We then walked to the lunch hall and waited.

Previously, every class was segregated and we all had lunch separately so this is the main cause for excitement.

Then a long line walked in, it was sort of undisciplined though... People were walking standing next to each other rather that one behind the other and rather that silence, there was quite a commotion. There was a familiar 'person' who was holding a butterfly. He looked quite feminine and was tall. He had long pink hair and he wore a... white blindfold over his eyes...? His hands looked like he'd never held a single weapon and he didn't seem very popular. Rather, people seemed quite disgusted of him. Then, my eyes drifted to the threads on his uniform. Black. There was only one top 10 in 702.

He's 1st.

Oh! He looks familiar, Ray! Mana looked at me with expectant eyes.

Yes, he does seem like that nice... Child? Void agreed.

Eris, who was in my arms, also spoke, You should check if he remembers.

I nodded imperceptibly and then looked back to Crystal and Vincent, whose gazes were directed at the 1st but then they went back to me.

"What do you think of him?" I asked.

"When I see him? Weak, weaker than I thought you were in terms of strength." Crystal said but I honestly can't blame her. He looked weaker than a twig, and if I couldn't see Qi swirling around him then I'd have thought the same.

I looked at Qi and told him not to even mention me. Qi nodded and said, Don't worry, Ray, I already guessed your preference for having a certain hidden card.

"He looks like an amazing piece of craftsmanship, almost as good as my weapon." Vincent said and I nodded to him.

"Yeah... Wait, what? Craftsmanship???" Crystal replied as she furrowed her eyebrows, looking at Vincent and I. His overall aura was one that seemed harmless enough to bloom flowers. And he looked quite human.

Then, he turned his head towards us and he walked. In no time, he was kneeling on one knee in front of me and he spoke in a cracking, robotic tone,

":"|{}!£$%&**(@£^. "[Master, I have returned.]"" He twitched slightly and the audience looked surprised.

"Code-AD75." I said just so I could confirm the truth. The twitching ceased and he stood up, speaking in a light tone contrary to before.

"It's me!" I shook my head slightly and the greeting switched, "Hello, my name is Devron Bastilion. I'm rank 1st but no one believes me."

"I'm Raymond Valtere, you can call me Ray. that's Vincent Lersin and that's Crystal Maisrin." I said, pointing to Vincent and Crystal respectfully.

"You don't need to introduce me, I can speak very well." Crystal retorted and then continued, "I don't think he'd be able to tell anyways given that blindfold." She ignored our earlier statements. Probably thinking it's better to ask when we're alone.

"Well, just cause he wears a blindfold doesn't mean he can't see. What's under there anyways?" Vincent said.

"You have good eyes!" Devron then took off the blindfold and opened his eyes. "As you can see, I have no eyes." There was literally nothing there. Wait? Was that a pun?

Vincent recoiled slightly and then returned to normal whereas Crystal...

"Whoa! Can I touch it?" She jumped up and walked right up to Devron, which made him jump slightly but then he answered.

"Sure...? It's a much better response than my class though." Then Crystal poked the inside of his eyes, exclaiming as nothing stopped her. She was careful not to actually touch the eyes though. Seemed like it was her way of consideration for Devron. Even if he didn't need it.

"Crystal..." Vincent looked heavily disappointed and I understood him. It was almost the same reaction as everyone who was watching us but his were more of a, I get you're stupid but not this much where the others were more of a that's humiliating and disgusting at the same time.

Then, Crystal calmed down and Devron placed his blindfold back on and we were back to normal. We all got to know each other and it seems Devron was just the really kind person I created when I got bored in the Void, he was really faulty and it was some time before I left, I managed to get him back to Earth. He could kill someone but he can't inflict pain. Guess he's a suicidal person's dream.

I gave a self-deprecating laugh and carried on speaking with them.

Soon after, the 30 minutes were over and Rein spoke again.

"You all seem to like each other a lot. However, the time to speak has ended... Now, we said this was a meet up between classes but that isn't it. This is also a time to change students within the class to allow for a better friendship and to prevent certain students from being left out." His gaze was directed at Devron and a few others as he said that, "Now, starting in 2 days, you might be going to Class 702 or 701 so that you may have class with one of the friends you may have made during this meet up."

There were quiet cheers here and there, and then total silence.

"We will now list who will be in Class 701 and who will be in Class 702."

The listing went on and Devron was moved to this class.

"This isn't the end. If there are any students who are discontent with this change, you may go the Class Leader and ask to move to a certain Class and if they think it is valid then you may move."

The Class Leader referred to Rein for our class. It was the one who will teach us mostly for the rest of the year. They'd handle everything for our class and so on.

***

Author's Note

Was gonna continue writing and then I saw the word count and had to stop there...

Yay, I was actually planning on adding a chapter about 'Devron' but then I forgot and just left it here.

1