Chapter 30: Sayna Dayton
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-1st person-

4 days later,

Although it wasn't a long time, we got very close and began to truly trust each other. Then she told us about it, it was awkward for me... Already knowing and all... Especially after what I said about it.

Time passed and soon we went into class and waited for Rein.

He walked in and spoke, "We now have a class meeting with Class 704"

The procedure happened and we all were now waiting in the lunch hall.

"Do you think we'll find a new friend?" Devron asked, holding his signature butterfly.

"Hopefully." I answered. Crystal nodded her head.

"Yeah, sure..." Vincent didn't seem too optimistic.

And soon, a line of rowdy students walked in. Literally, the only one who obeyed the teacher was one in the middle. She had a unique aura too...

Let's make friends! Mana yelled.

[Yes, it'd be a good idea to become friends with the unique one.]

I can sense the cosmos on her. Eris said. Does that mean this is the first cosmos user besides me?

Yes... Maybe she's less insufferable than you. Cosmos said.

The girl had blonde hair that reached her waist, unlike Devron whose hair was up till half of his back. Her eyes, which were directed at me, were blue and she had a slender figure. She looked calm in midst of the chaos.

As soon as Rein calmed her class, she walked towards us and we talked.

"Hello." I said.

She conjured a tablet and writing appeared on it.

[Hello, my name is Sayna Dayton. As you can see, I'm mute.]

She smiled and sat down with us.

"I'm Raymond Valtere, that's Devron Bastilion, Vincent Lersin and Crystal Maisrin." I pointed one by one and then continued, "You can call me Ray."

She nodded.

"Ah. I also know sign language so you don't need to write everything." It takes a lot of mana to do that...

She looked surprised but then rapidly signed rather than wrote.

("How do you know sign language?") She signed.

"It's something a close friend of mine made me learn in some cases." I replied.

"Waitwaitwait. YOU KNOW SIGN LANGUAGE?!" Crystal yelled in my ear.

"Yeah, what she said." Vincent said, looking slightly afraid as he looked at Crystal.

"Aha. You didn't know..." I said, "Well, for your information, I know sign language and a few others."

"Teach them sign language, please." Devron said, "We all need to understand what our friend says, don't we?" Crystal nodded her head rapidly.

"Okay then, I'll teach you every weekend." I say teach but I'll actually implant it in their minds through the use of 5 energies working together.

("Ah, can you show me your spirit animal?") Sayna 'said'.

"Sure." I looked to the other 3 and said, "Sayna's asking for you to show her our spirit animals."

Then, Hestia walked out of my pocket and sat on the table. Crystal's wolf walked by Sayna, Vincent's owl perched on her head and Devron's deer just walked behind Wolf. Then a parrot flew onto the table and sat next to Hestia.

[How fun!]

All the spirit animals were subtly showing signs of submission towards Hestia. Luckily, I made sure to have Hestia order them not to show it.

"Hey... Ray, c, can I pet her?" Crystal looked at me with sparkling eyes which were a bit burdensome.

"Sure..." I said, averting my eyes slightly.

Then Crystal carefully picked up Hestia and pet her. I was lucky she didn't immediately get her phone out and take hundreds of pictures. Vincent also petted her but he didn't do it as much as Crystal.

("Anyways, what's your favourite food? I like sour and spicy food. ") Sayna said.

"Favourite food? Mine is... I don't really have one." I said, shaking my head and looking at the others.

"Sustenance is not required for me to operate." Devron said as he looked to Vincent.

"Me? I guess... Bread?" Vincent said, turning to Crystal.

"I like chocolate! Or just any sweet that isn't sour." She said, Vincent recoiled but recovered. Guess he doesn't like sweets...

---

7 days later,

I was currently walking in the hallways, to class. I looked to my left as a dishevelled student fell after tripping over his own feet. I looked at him expressionlessly, about to walk away as a paper caught my eyes.

[Lorence Worden]

[Class 807]

[Specialty: Potions & Alchemy]

Ah... It's that genius.

I looked at him and crouched to pick up his research papers and gave them to him as we stood up. I smiled at him.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He simply looked at me. "Are you?" I spoke slightly louder this time as I looked into his yellow eyes.

"Ah! Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for helping me." He bowed, his greasy, seaweed-like hair falling down. And then he rapidly ran away.

I stood silent for a few seconds, expressionless. And then I smiled, changing direction to the bathroom.

[Complete Stealth]

I was completely invisible as I rummaged in my pocket. I pulled out a phone. "Not this one..." I placed it in my other hand and kept looking, eventually pulling out another phone, almost identical to the other.

I dialled a number.

[Silver]

It rang 5 times before the call was answered.

[Yes? Who- Ah...]

It was silent for a few seconds.

[Sir?]

"Silver, it seems I've been quite lenient with you these days." I spoke in a cold tone.

[Ah! No, Sir. I have just been too busy and you have not called me recently. So... I thought it was another client.]

"Excuses are for the weak, Silver."

[I'm sorry, Sir!]

"There we go! Anyways, I need information on a kid. Lorence Worden, he attends the United."

[Do you have any more information, Sir?] 

"He attends class 807, he has seaweed-like hair and yellow eyes. Average looking, gaunt, dishevelled and weak. He's also an old genius."

[How should I send the info to you Boss?]

"Send a file and exclude anything that'd be useless. I'll review it later." I left shortly after. And walked to class, looking at the file that was sent.

[Lorence Worden]

[Fallen Noble with a father, no mother nor siblings.]

[...] There was information on his personality and likes. I skimmed most of it, stopping at one part.

[Currently working on a project, Mana-restoring potion. He has 4 students helping him, they dislike him and will probably leave if bribed.]

I smiled and walked to class, greeting the group and sitting down in the middle.

"Where were you?" Crystal asked, tilting her head as they all turned to me.

"Ah, I was just solving an enigma, an amusing one." I smiled.

("With your smarts, I find it hard to believe that you'd have an enigma.") Sayna said as Devron nodded to what she said.

"Amusing?" Vincent asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Indeed. It was quite frustrating until I understood it. Then it only became an amusement!" I spoke with an even larger smile. Vincent looked dissatisfied and turned back to the book in his hand, Crystal merely seemed confused as Devron nodded his head in understanding. Sayna simply looked away to speak with Crystal.

***

Author's Note

UGHUGHUGHUHGUGH IT'S SO DIFFICULT...

 

Also, please try comment often on this novel! I'd love to hear your ideas and thoughts!!!

2