Chapter 33: “I Love Him”
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Lilith Ardes' POV-

"What...? But I thought he used mana?" I asked, turning back to my saviour hastily as I noticed Crudelis looking back to me.

"What do you mean? Ah, have you forgotten about the Purple faction?" He asked as he turned back to me.

"Well- that proficiency is not something that can be achieved through..." I asked, stopping myself halfway and simply giving up. I shook my head and stared at him with red ears. "I realised just now, that I don't have your name?" I ask slightly nervously.

"You don't? My name is Devron Bastillion, pleased to meet you...?" He smiled widely and my heart fluttered.

"Me? You should've heard earlier, but Lilith, Lilith Ardes." I smile back, my cheeks warm.

"I did already know, but I thought it'd be better to hear you tell me yourself rather than by your introduction to another." He clarified, talking to him was calming and it almost helped me calm down from the encounter with Crudelis.

You know, I thought this, but isn't Devron kind of cute? Or hot? Or sexy? No, he's all of them at the same time. The straight, silky hair that looks softer than clouds. His plump lips that I'd love to take a bite out of one day, even his nose is perfect! And the blindfold just makes him cooler... But, why am I thinking like this? He's just a robot after all... But, he's a hot robot. Wait, but I'm not feeling lust? Does this mean?

Ah, I-

"-Love him..." I dazedly look at Devron. He tilted his head.

"Excuse me? What did you say again?" He asked, confused. I was also the same, until I realised what I said. I mean- Until I actually realised I spoke. "You said something about 'Love', didn't you?" He continued, and I felt my face heat up.

 

"U- Uhm. I didn't say anything about Love." I said, averting my eyes slightly from his as I felt sweat pouring from my forehead. Wait, why was I even nervous about this?

 

"No, please tell me. You don't need to worry about me, since I won't do anything unless Master tells me to." He said reassuringly, and I found myself staring at him dazedly.

 

I shook my head.

 

Seriously, Oli- Lilith. Stop being a coward.

 

"I- I think I love you." I said, my face turning redder. I found myself feeling more and more stupid about this by the second. He doesn't even know me so why would he accept?

 

"I see. Sadly, I don't have the luxury of that emotion. But I will accept your feelings." He said with a smile and I waited for a 'Just joking' or something like that.

 

I waited.

 

There was none.

 

"Wait, actually?!" I scream in surprise. He nodded slightly and I pinched my cheeks. "Ow- So, even though you can't feel and won't feel Love for me you'll still accept my feelings?" He nodded again.

 

Could this be some hallucination or long-term lie to get revenge on me for what I tried against Crudelis or something?

 

"Wait, so just to make sure you aren't lying or a hallucination?" I ask, unsure of everything. I silently use some mana to use a [Disillusionment] spell. Nothing happened as I stared at his smile. "Then," I pause and look up with a smile, "Can we kiss?"

 

He stared at me, "Uh, well. It's a bit hasty, but sure, if that's what you want."

 

Uhm- Well- I didn't expect him to actually accept. But I'll take the win.

 

I nod and practically jump onto him, I lean closer and kiss him lightly. It was just a peck since anything more would be weird for just meeting and I didn't want to scare him off. I then let go of him with a content smile as Crudelis looks over slightly. He seemed confused, but still smiled and continued his conversation with Nyx, luckily he didn't seem to mind since I wasn't seducing Devron. Not necessarily.

 

I look back to Devron with a grin.

 

"Can I give you a pet name?" I ask, practically beaming.

 

"Uh- Sure, if that's what you want." He looked taken aback, but still nodded in the end.

 

"Hehe, then, Darling." I said, looking him in the eyes. "You wanna go on a date, Darling?"

 

"Yeah, why not? When should we?" He replied.

 

"Uhm, meet me after school." I give him a wink and walk to Crudelis and Nyx.

 

---

 

--Cru- Raymond Valtere's POV--

 

I glanced over to Lilith and Devron, only to see them kissing? Didn't really bother me but damn-

 

I kept speaking with Nyx, we both knew we were constellations but I didn't reveal that I knew Eris. I kept smiling, and made sure I made the appropriate reactions to what was said. As we spoke, I noticed a glint from her finger.

 

"You're married?" I ask, glancing at the diamond ring.

 

"Engaged." Nyx answered with a smile, the happiest I'd seen so far.

 

"Who is it?" I ask, confused. So far I hadn't seen anyone that Nyx acted particularly close to except LIlith, who was flirting with Devron.

 

"You wouldn't know her, she's called Morrigan." She grinned, her cheeks painted in a slight rosy tint.

 

"Morrigan? Care to tell me about her?" I asked, a slight depression in my heart as I remembered someone.

 

"She's careless, listless and usually has mood-swings" I raised an eyebrow, so many insults for someone you love. "But she's also intelligent and caring. She's rather uptight when she's all dressed up, but when she has her hair down and is in her comfort clothes? She looks so pretty..." My eyes widened slightly, such a description... "She's also easily flustered, and giggles when she is." She continued.

 

"That's quite descriptive." I remark, leaning on my fist and staring at the ring.

 

She laughed slightly and I felt a vibration from my pocket. It was my phone.

 

"I should get going, now." I say, standing up and walking to the bathroom as I cast [Complete Stealth] and pull out my phone. It was Silver.

 

I answered the call.

 

"Boss, I think it's the best time to carry out your plan with Subject L." Lorence. 

 

"I see, now prepare for a new colleague." I say, changing direction to walk to [Lab 1].

 

I soon arrive there and open the door, I see a person on the ground. His yellow eyes full of despair and murky, dark green hair contrasted against each other. I turn the lights on and walk up to him, faking a sympathetic expression.

 

"Are... Are you okay?" I say, making sure I'm heard. I walked up to him and knelt down.

 

Lorence jumped slightly and looked at me, our faces were close and I could see his ears reddening. "Uh- I'm- I'm fine-" I furrowed my eyebrows at the stuttering, but made sure to sound worried.

 

"You're clearly not okay, what happened?" I asked, looking Lorence in the eyes.

 

"Uhm- My partners left me- They said it wasn't worth it to research potions and alchemy since we have mana. We were just researching genderbend pills." I tilted my head.

 

"Genderbend? Never mind, how would you feel if I helped you instead?" I stared at Lorence.

 

"Uhm- Sure." He accepted without suspecting anything.

 

"How about you work for me instead?" I asked eagerly, my face moving slightly closer to his. His cheeks were dyed bright pink.

 

***

 

Author's Note

 

Dang what- Love interest over here!

1