Investigation
1.8k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though this Earth is familiar to Sigil's previous world in terms of use of various technologies, the geographic features of both the planets did not match at all.

There were no different continents on this Earth. The planet was divided into a circular land covering 43% of the planet while the water bodies covered the rest.

Humans named the continent 'Glory Continent'.

The whole continent was divided into Six Countries that were further divided into states, cities and towns.

The esteemed Grey Family's base was situated in the town named Silver Fang City. The town itself was infamous for the werewolves terrorising the people of the town. 

It was the first ancestor of the family that brought his familiar- A Silver-Furred Wolf and eradicated all the werewolves by himself. Later, he used the town as the base for establishing his own Witch Family.

Alicia and Sigil were on their way towards a city named Chestcovia. It was an hour's drive from the family base and did not take much time in their sports car.

"Alright, I will go check into the hotel and you should talk with the police. We will meet at that cafeteria in an hour."

Alicia got out from the car as she handed out the key of the car to the Sigil. She did take both her's and Sigil's bag inside the hotel. 

Their meeting place was a café right in front of the hotel. 

"Fine by me."

Sigil sat on the driver's seat and drove to the Police Station of the city.

***

"Yes! We checked for various paranormal signs and didn't find anything 'Beastly'. All the citizens have been tested with holy water and silverware. Even the EMF readings were at their bare minimum." A middle-aged officer reported most of their findings to Sigil after he showed his Witch's Permit.

"Any local lores or legend?" Sigil pressed on. The murders couldn't be accomplished by anything normal.

"Look, kid! We have searched every corner of the crime scene and still haven't found anything. Most of those strippers had already opened their second inner gate, two of them had even reached the threshold of opening the third."

The officer handed him a file regarding the case.

"Thanks. Uh..can you also give me all the reports on the missing civilians." 

Electromotive Force or EMF wasn't a sure thing during the search of a ghost or their other kinds. Most of the people of the world have basic knowledge about the Voodoo stuff going around, but they cannot remain fearful for everything and not continue their lives.

Many civilians are equipped with EMF reader to locate any nearby ghost and even have some minor achievements in the cultivation of opening of the eight inner gates.

After stashing all the files, Sigil drove off to the crime scenes.

He pulled up in front of a small house. The neighborhood was friendly, which was quite unexpected for a woman with such a bad reputation in her circles.

*Knock* *Knock*

Cluck

"Yes? How may I help you?" An old woman opened the door. Her face was filled with wrinkles and it looked like she didn't get any sleep for the past three days.

"Miss Gringer, I am Sigil. I am with the group of Witches and would like to ask you some questions about the recent murder."

Sigil flashed his Witch's Permit.

***

"I am sorry for your loss, Ma'am. I know that this is a hard time for you, but I still need to ask some questions."

Sigil felt a little bad inside when he saw the old woman breaking down right after hearing her daughter's name.

"Yes, of course. My daughter… Linda was unlike others. She took care of me even most kids her age just put their parents in a house. She even started to do some odd jobs, but she wasn't well received because of her refusing to provide other services. I think th.... tha… that, a drunkard did this to my daughter."

The poor lady started to cry again.

"Ma'am, please try to control your emotions. Here, take this." Sigil handed her a tissue paper.

After some time, he was finally finished with his interrogation.

"Looks like I am on time." He quickly drove off to their meeting point.

***

Meanwhile, something was happening in a strange location. The room was dark and the walls had water streaks. A light grey shadow kept appearing and disappearing from the same location with a 'Bzzzt' sound.

"You… have… to… keep… going…"

The shadow belonged to a pale white woman. Her features were unclear and she possessed dark hair. The only recognizable feature of her face was her right eye that glowed light blue.

***

"Hmm? So no EMF, no nothing?" Alicia asked as she sipped on her coffee. 

It was already 10 in the morning.

"Well, no Ghost signals in the first victim's house at least." Sigil sighed as he ate a sandwich.

"So, got any guesses?" Alicia looked at the file of the most recent victim.

"Well, we cannot use tracking spells without going dark, so, I am going back to hotel room to do a little research, while you go and check on the other four victim's family." Sigil spoke as he finished his sandwich.

"Sure thing."

Alicia handed him the key to the hotel room and drove off in her car.

***

"Excuse me, Sir. Can I have a little chat with you." 

A kid, around the age of 13 stood in front of Sigil's table while he was sipping on his coffee and looking through the police reports.

"Hmm? Uh….yeah! Sure, why not?" 

He looked at the strange kid chose not to ignore him.

"So, what's up, kid?"

"You are from Witch's Organisation, right?"

The kid completely ignored Sigil, causing him to sigh.

'Is my body not intimidating enough?' He was speechless.

He flashed his Witch's Permit, causing the kid's eyes to shine.

"Fine, I believe you! Three years ago, when I was 9, there was another case where many children went missing. We couldn't find anything unusual and even the police had given up. The Witch sent for the case did manage to find a vengeful spirit, but he didn't completely kill it."

The kid spoke all the information in one breath.

"Wait for a moment." Sigil frowned and searched the database from his smartphone.

"Hmm? It says here that the case was taken up by a Chakra Stage Witch named Eugene. He not only completed the case, he even set a barrier to protect the civilians from some of the paranormal existences. Kid, are you lying to me?"

Sigil narrowed his eyes.

The young boy immediately shook his head.

"No, the witch couldn't kill the spirit because he couldn't find the object that the spirit was attached to. I was there that night. The witch used a strange spell and the spirit was slowly burnt away, leaving a spherical object. After that, the witch master dropped me off at my home and went away." 

Usually, to kill a vengeful spirit, a person can cremate the body of the spirit or burn the object that the spirit is attached to. Higher level Experts can also kill the spirits by using certain spells and magic.

Sigil felt a little suspicious.

"Do you remember the place where the witch used his spell?"

The kid immediately nodded.

"Alright, take me there."

He immediately packed up his files and put in his bag. He then called for a cab and went towards the outskirts of the city.

Meanwhile, Alicia also concluded most of her interrogation.

"Hmm? A text from Sigil?"

Alicia read the text as her expression became a little weird.

"Eugene, huh."

25