Inheritance
1.1k 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sigil was standing near a lake. The water was still and clear while the surroundings were quiet and peaceful. A raised platform could be seen in the lake. Above the platform, a blue-colored egg was placed in the centre.


Sigil frowned and looked around.


“Looking for something boy?”


A flirtatious voice entered Sigil's ears as he looked towards the source. It was a youthful figure with short hairs, a nice jawline, foxy eyes and a tall figure, almost as tall as Sigil.


The mounds on her front and the lack of penis suggested her gender.


But why naked?


“Let go of your shame and embrace every inch of your imagination.”


As if sensing Sigil's doubts, the figure spoke out.


Sigil, who was almost enamored by the peerless beauty, was startled awake by her voice.


“I greet the respectful Master.”


Strength deserved respect. Even if the figure in front of him was naked and looked harmless, he wouldn't dare underestimate her.


“Let's forget the pleasantries.”


She smiled lightly and her palms glowed blue. She immediately vanished and appeared in front of Sigil.


Sigil wanted to move his body, but a strange force restricted his movements.


In the meantime, the beautiful lady touched every single part of his body as with the glowing palm. After she was done examining Sigil's body, she stepped away and the strange force restricting Sigil was also lifted.


“Hoho, decent talent, Unique mindset. Last question, young man. What do you think of all the tests? Were they complicated or simple.”


Sigil was surprised by the question, but he ended up answering in a moment's time.


“Simple.”


***


“But even after all these years, I still don't understand Eugene's statement about the Grimoire World.”


Ricardo thought in a puzzled manner.


In his previous life, when the Grimoire World surfaced, it was Eugene who inherited the Grimoire World. Back then, he hadn't gone rogue yet. During the banquet on his success, he simply summarised his experience in a single statement.


“To inherit the Grimoire World, I simply let go of my complexities.”


After saying the statement, Eugene set-up a dark spell and slaughtered every single witch who attended the banquet, making his reputation known far and wide.


“Let go of complexities, huh?”


Ricardo felt that he was nearing the truth about something important but it was covered by layers of cloud.


***


“Why simple?”


The lady continued her questions.


Sigil looked at the lady for a few minutes without replying. Seeing this, the lovely lady frowned.


“Why don't you answer?”


“It's a trap.”


Sigil's face had a neutral expression. His answer caused the lady to smile cheerfully.


“Congratulations, Master. You have passed the tests of my original body, the Inverse Witch.”


The image of the lovely lady blurred a little before she appeared once again, wearing a witch's robe. Her bountiful harvest covered in wide neck robe made her look even more alluring.



“I am sorry, what?”


Sigil was still a little dazed. That's it? He was going to go through complicated steps by cooperating with the strange man for this?



Looking at his incredulous expression, the lady finally introduced herself.


“Let me introduce myself, Master. I am the inheritance will left behind my original body, the Inverse Witch.”


“Did the original owner really keep such loose requirements for his inheritor?”


“You have misunderstood, Master. The original body only understood one concept- To let go of your complexities.”


Inverse Witch replied.


“Let go of your complexities?”


Sigil mulled over her words as his eyes brightened. He understood this as he took part in all the strange tests.


“Then what was with that glowing palm?”


“That was to check the talent of Master. Even if master has a unique mindset compatible with the original body, master still needs to have required talent.”


Inverse Witch commented lightly.


“So, that means, I control the whole Grimoire World?”


“Yes, Master.”


She replied respectfully.


Sigil looked towards the egg and revealed a thoughtful expression.


“Transport me near the banks of Devil's Piss.”


“Yes, Master.”


***


Near the green-coloured waterfall, a blue light shined revealing Sigil and Inverse Witch.


“You keep an eye on all the areas and don't let anyone take any of the prized herbs. But don't conceal too much. I don't want others to get suspicious just yet.”


“Yes, Master.”


Inverse Witch bowed respectfully before teleporting away.


Sigil sat down cross-legged near his baggage as he started to remember everything he knew on Grimoire World.


“But before that…”


Sigil took out his cellphone from his bag and crushed it.


Thak


He then threw the cellphone back inside his bag.


“Alright, A Grimoire Will cannot affect the Grimoire World until it has been inherited. Hmm…. that is to say that I can command Inverse Witch to do anything with the Grimoire World. There are still those four heads left and the incoming witch’s organisation.”


Sigil's thoughts were deep as he started to form the most viable plan.


He decided to crush his cellphone and then later ‘announce’ it by blaming an accident.


He figured that his mysterious stalker will definitely find this information and not form any weird thoughts about Sigil not contacting him.


The Grimoire World is movable since he became the new owner of this world. But if he moved it now, he along with others who are starting to explore this place will become the possible suspects. He wanted to widen the range of suspects as large as he could.


On the other hand, he also wanted to preserve as many materials as he could. After all, he wouldn't want to lose his own benefits.


Sigil was just like this. He cared for his family and stuff, but he would never lose benefits to others unless he truly feels special about the person competing with him for the benefits.


And right now, he had no such feeling for anyone except the affectionate little girl.


After packing away his belongings, he didn't call Inverse Witch, instead, he started to move around the place. This world was filled with strange things and otherworldly investigative methods. He wouldn't want to be found out as one of the suspects if someone tracked this area.


He started to circle out of the area in an orderly manner.


It was at this moment, he suddenly sensed something. A viper, disguised as a vine, lunged towards Sigil. Before he could counterattack, a black shadow swiped the viper away.



It was the green-eyed black panther.


Grawooh


It growled towards Sigil before jumping away, hiding inside the dark forest.


At first, he felt a little troubled about not being able to tame it because of the lack of time, but now, he smiled lightly and let the dazzling beauty chill in the dark forest.


He still had more than 30 hours left and he had already achieved the objective.


“Maybe, I should find Aria and others.”


He thought before shaking his head.


After covering his tracks, he jumped on a trunk and called for Inverse Witch before teleporting to the inheritance ground.


“What is that egg?”


He finally asked the question as he relaxed on a beach chair placed near the lake.


“It's the egg of the original body's main familiar– Mirror Panda.”


Sigil looked towards the egg with dazed eyes. Such a mythical creature!


He sighed as he looked towards the still lake.


“Show me all the rare herbs in each region and describe their use.”


After almost 2 hours, Sigil got a detail of all the rare herbs left and made the Grimoire Spirit bring the most valuable herbs out of the group. He did not take away all the herbs as it wouldn't be worth it.


If he alerted others by taking away all the precious herbs, he might lose the Grimoire World itself. These plants could be planted again since they weren't extinct. The loot he took away were carefully planted in the inheritance ground. Even though the plants weren't placed in a compatible habitat, they could live for a few days.


Sigil wasn't even worried about the rare minerals present underground. After all, everyone had a time limit.


After doing all this, he had himself teleported 1 kilometre behind the group he abandoned to continue his adventure.

***


“Master, where were you?”


Martha and others were surprised when they saw Sigil coming from the back.


“I am sorry, I was ambushed by a familiar. It's all taken care of.” He smiled as he sat with the group.


The whole group was sitting around a campfire.


The whole group rested for almost 6 hours before finally moving. Now, they had almost a day's time to explore the whole place.


Sigil took the lead as he started trailing his old path towards the region of Devil's Piss. He just circled around the area as they kept on exploring. The Green-eyed black panther did not appear this time, obviously intimidated by the large group.


Sigil's group had a total of 37 members including himself. When Sigil was apart, the group made a lot of gains. Ingredients from the nest of Werewolves, some precious rocks and various plants and animals. All of their pouches were almost filled with materials while Martha had already started to stuff the materials in her equipment bags.


“Hey, look! We've got company.” A loud call attracted the group's attention as they looked towards another approaching group. They also wore a combat uniform.


The uniform of the group included a brown t-shirt with a picture small beetle on their t-shirt.


They were the members of BlackBee Family.


Both the groups stopped and looked towards each other.


Sigil's group was going to harvest the Green Jack Pines, a fruit with an instant drowsiness effect. It could be sold for other important herbs to complete various spells.


The body of a witch is enhanced by various spells over the course of his life and various drugs slowly become ineffective on the enhanced body. Sleeping Drug is one of them. The witches need good sleep to feel mentally refreshed and experiment with spells. This fruit allows the Witch to sleep like a baby since sleeping drugs are no longer effective on the experts with more than four energy gates opened. This effect made the fruit extremely popular and high demand alongside high price.


The Members of BlackBee also noticed the Green Jack Pines and then looked towards Sigil's group. This time, they had a hostile expression in their eyes.


“According to exploration rules, a witch's battle will take place if there is a conflict of interests.”


A youth, around the age of 20 years, walked out. His body was bulky and his light brown hair was pointed towards the heavens.


“Why should we talk to these dogs? Just start the battle and defeat them, as we did with the previous group.”


Another member of the BlackBee Family sneered. Evidently, this was not their first encounter with the Grey Family.


This comment angered the members of the Grey family. Even Aria was trying to control her anger.


But some people obviously did not have the same quality of upbringing that Aria experienced and started retorting.


“Who the hell are you calling dogs? You want a fight? I will give you a fight.”


One of Sigil's teammate stepped forward, his eyes blazing and his face fierce.

22