Grimoire World (2)
1.4k 7 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A pitch black Equus Bass 770 in a matte finish revved out of the Estate. The sounds of the engine clearly established the black beauty as a muscle car.

“I missed you, Baby!”

Sigil muttered under his breath.

He wasn't wealthy in his previous life and had to travel through public transport. But who would have thought that the original Sigil had good taste in cars?

“My car is better. This one just drinks oil.” Alicia snorted as she slumped on back seat alongside Martha.

Neither of them was allowed to sit in the front seat. Why?

Because Aria called the shotgun.

“Tell me, why should such a young girl accompany Master in the front seat?”

Even Martha felt a little disgruntled.

“Because I cared enough to call shotgun.”

Aria smiled happily as she hummed a tune.

Linda was accompanying Bert and other Elders, so Aria came along Sigil and others.

“Oh come on, you guys! It's just a front seat. No need to fight about it.”

Sigil smiled cheerfully when he saw their sullen expression.

Ding!

His phone let out a sound but he ignored it. One should pay close attention to the road when driving. It is even more important in this world where any kind of demonic crap can pop up in the middle of the road.

The travel was uneventful…. well, besides the fact that Sigil could gloat on Alicia's and Martha's expressions.

When they reached near the City, they could see a lot of parked vehicles of the family.

Sigil parked his car near the area and got out from the car. The city was off limits and a big tent could be seen near the parking area.

Since it was almost an hour's ride, nobody brought their own tent as almost all of the Family will participate in the expedition.

When the four of them entered the area, they could see John and Bert discussing something in the distance while Linda and other Elders were preparing for the trip.

The four of them walked towards the area filled with the younger generation.

The term younger generation was a little different in the world of the witches. It was not related to age but a person's Cultivation.

For instance, Linda. She was only 21 years old and still attending college while she worked as a Chef in her own Café. Due to her talent, she had already risen to the ranks of an Elder by breaking through the Chakra Points in her first try. Meanwhile, there were still many people of the same age stuck in the realm of eight gates, making them a part of the younger generation.

Alicia was already popular and had a lot of good friends, so she was already surrounded in a moment's notice. Meanwhile, Martha and Aria stayed with Sigil.

They simply sat on the ground. They had nothing else to do.

Aria started playing a game on her smartphone while Martha took out her silver knife and started sharpening it. Her pretty silver hair was tied into a tight bun, which was covered with cloth to prevent them from falling during the exploration.

Sigil took out his phone to check the message he received.

As he read the contents, his eyes turned serious. He immediately concealed the look and acted normal, as if he was chatting with a friend.

He had received a message from an anonymous sender with the email id: Qertty234.

The message was actually filled with some information about the Grimoire world and the location of a small number of uncommon materials.

At the end of the message, it read: Do you want to cooperate?

Evidently, the sender had even more precious information.

Sigil closed the tab and started thinking about various consequences.

What if he cooperates and gets schemed against himself?

What if he was to be found out by the family head?

Such scenarios would have very troubling consequences. Sigil sighed as he also felt moved. The resources that were mentioned in the message were already very rich. But of course, if the other party asked for a corporation then that would mean that the sender itself cannot take a tour inside the Grimoire World.

But on a different note, a cooperation also means equal benefits. After all, he wasn't the one asking for a cooperation and he wasn't an employee of the sender. If they were to cooperate then that would mean they were partners!

Sigil sighed in his heart as he remembered the words of his old friend, the one from the marketing team of the company.

“If you don't even have the heart of taking risks, how will you ever earn any profits?”

Sigil smiled and replied to the anonymous sender. Before any partnership, he had to ensure that the news was reliable.

After chatting for a while, Sigil and the anonymous sender reached an agreement.

On the other side of the chat, Ricardo sighed deeply and felt a little exhausted. Even though he had decades worth of experience, he wasn't good in scheming too much. On the other hand, he felt a little surprised that Sigil had so many suspicions.

Suspicion about information?

He had lived through this time and had seen the official report of the family and the Witch's Organisation regarding this Grimoire World. Even though he did not remember all the locations of the important resources, he still remembered the location of the most important inheritance.

Ricardo rubbed his eyes and went towards the nearby forest. Since the assaulter was a newborn familiar, he could easily catch it and maybe make a good contribution to the family, increasing his status by a small amount.

Personally, he did not care about the status in the Family. He had already experienced a world greater than the nearby regions. But he really needed to enter the Ancestral Pool.

Meanwhile, Sigil put away his phone. The agreement was already set and he needed to enter the Grimoire World to confirm the details.

After 1 hour, all the members of the family had arrived.

John once again stated the rules of the expedition.

1) The time limit is of two days.

 

2) Standard witch’s battle in case of conflict of interest with members of other families.

 

3) The younger generation was prohibited to enter the inner and core regions of the Grimoire World.

The third rule was for their own safety. They weren't strong enough to experience the hardships of those regions.

All of them were given a talisman. This was a tool to identify the wavelengths of the different dimension of the Grimoire World and enter it.

Soon, all the present family members, except the family head, moved out.

Instead of transportation facilities, the team was walking towards the border of the city while the group was divided into three teams. Each team comprised of almost 20 Elders and almost 80 members of the younger generation.

The team wasn't strictly organised and Linda, Martha, Alicia, Aria and Sigil managed to enter into the same team, much to Sigil's dismay.

He wanted to explore the Grimoire World according to the path discussed. But now, he had to make some changes. He had an instinctual feeling that besides Aria, the other three were going to be a headache for him if kept close.

They were placed in team three with the strongest expert being an Elder that had opened his Fourth Point of Chakra.

They reached the border of the city as Bert made a stopping motion by his hand.

If they stepped inside the city, they will be affected by the radiation of the Grimoire World and will most certainly die.

The Grimoire World was a different dimension that was connected to this world through a medium named— The Book of Grimoire.

The nearby families still did not know whose Grimoire World had emerged, but Sigil was informed by the mysterious person.

Even though he did not blindly believe the information, he still used it as a good reference.

“Take out your Talismans and follow my lead.”

Bert took out his Talisman and chanted a few words before it shined a green glow.

“Now!”

He commanded as everyone started chanting and a green glow emerged from their Talismans. After the green glow shined for a few minutes, small dots of light emerged in the sky and shined on every single member of the family. It was like a tractor beam.

The members of the Grey Family felt their surroundings change as they found themselves transported near a foot of a mountain.

Bert's eyes shined as he looked around. Even he as a strong expert of six chakra points opened felt incomparably excited about the riches that could be found in this Grimoire World.

Meanwhile, John took out his car for a spin and met up with three individuals.

They were the Family Heads of RedHawk, BlackBee and Yellow Spider Family.

“How is the blockade on the news?”

A middle-aged man with a neat haircut and a tattoo of a skull on his neck asked.

He was Roman RedHawk, the Family head of the RedHawk family.

“Well, it is assured that it will take four days before the organisation can find out about this Grimoire World.”

A mature woman replied.

Her raven-black hair fell down her shoulders. Unlike others, she did not wear traditional combat clothes. She was wearing an extremely hugging black-suit, like a spy's. She was Alia Spider, the family head of the Yellow Spider Family.

“Ah! Look who it is! John Grey.”

A fat man smiled towards John.

He was Brian BlackBee, the Family Head of BlackBee Family.

“I apologize to keep all of you waiting.” John smiled.

“So, did you guys already checked for rogue Witches and Dark Guild?”

John asked as sat on the ground, just like everyone else. All four of them had already gone through a lot and did not care much about appearances when they chatted amongst themselves. After all, they have been cooperating with each other since they were young teens.

“Dark Guilds won't be a problem for the time being. It would be best if they and the organisation arrive at the same time.”

Alia replied.

John nodded and laid down. He stretched himself as if he was with his best friends.

“So, how are you, Alia? Still sucking the life out of young kids?”

Roman asked Alia. It was no secret that the Yellow Spider Family was a Matriarchal Family. Alia even used the essence of young kids to retain her youth and cultivate.

“Yup. To be honest, if I was a mortal myself, I would have signed up for a task where a Witch can suck out my essence if they provided the same benefits as I do.”

The Yellow Spider Family use various spell to suck away the life essence of young teens, mainly young males. Most importantly, the youths also volunteered for the task.

After all, the Family provided a condo, fully paid health insurance, monthly pensions and a vehicle as a payment.

To a Witch family, money was not much of a use. Every single Witch Family, even the smallest family, had at least a couple of billions of dollars in their vault. And they could earn more!

The other three family heads nodded in understanding.

“Sigh, So? How are the new generations in your family? Someone promising?”

John closed his eyes peacefully as he asked the other three.

“Yup!”

“Yeah!”

“Of course!”

The answer was to be expected.

They kept on chatting peacefully while the exploration inside the Grimoire World had already begun.

22