Hostage
173 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Things weren’t okay in the May household. Zayev went to school for three days only then couldn’t take it any longer since the depression was kicking in badly.

He didn’t speak to anyone of his parents and avoided Jeandre as if he was a disease. The weekend arrived and he was still cooped up in his room under the blankets with dry tear staining his cheeks.

A knock landed on his door and it slowly creaked open. The mat covered floor muffled the sound of the footsteps leading to his bed.

Zayev removed the blanket from covering his head and turned around in bed meeting Jeandre face to face.

Jeandre saw the red eyes, dry tears and bags under his eyes which made his body tense. He climbed onto the bed and stared at Zayev who moved away quickly.

Jeandre frowned seeing his brother’s actions and it pained his heart. Zayev had been avoiding him since they returned from the hospital and fro the conversations he overheard between his parents and his aunty, he knew that it had something to do with his interaction with his brother the other night.

He heard that it was because Zayev loved him, he loved his brother too but why was Zayev acting this way towards him.

Zayev tried to avoid Jeandre’s gaze but he saw that his brother didn’t speak and looked at him with knitted brows. He knew that Jeandre’s mind was off somewhere and whenever he was deep in thought, his brows would knit and his nose scrunch.

“What’s wrong?” Zayev asked while rubbing his arms down.

Jeandre snapped out of his thoughts when he heard his brother’s voice. His eyes focussed on to those red one of Zayev and asked, “Are we still going to the movies?”

Zayev frowned. He completely forgot about their movie date. Scratching his head he looked around then got up, “I – I completely forgot,” he excused himself.

Sitting down on the chair by his desk, he looked at Jeandre and sighed, “Jeandre, there’s something I have to tell you.”

Jeandre looked at him confused. 

“Do you still remember what we did the other night?” he asked making Jeandre nod stiffly.

“Well, I’m not supposed to do that to you… kiss you and touch you,” he said as he tried to keep himself from choking up.

“W – why?” Jeandre asked, “We always kiss,” he said.

Zayev chuckled, “Kissing hello and kissing goodbye is okay between family I guess but forcing my tongue in your mouth is not right.”

Jeandre remained silent because he wasn’t stupid, they were brothers not lovers like their parents.

“I love you Jeandre,” Zayev said as he played with his fingers. “I love you too much, do you understand?”

Jeandre nodded his head, “You like me as much as mama and papa?”

“Yeah,” he nodded while rubbing his neck. He got up and walked over to the bed. Stopping in front of Jeandre, he caged him between his legs and straddled him. Wrapping his arms around Jeandre he whispered in his ear, “Our parents aren’t related and I’ve always known this even before you were born. When I heard our father was having a baby I was excited and then you came along and I fell in love with you. I’ve been protecting you always as a big brother but during that time, I’ve fallen in love with you. Mama, papa, Alexander and Cindy know that I have feelings for you. I thought that I could keep my feelings in check but I couldn’t when you came to me and I’m so sorry.”

Zayev began sobbing and so did Jeandre. Gripping the back of his brother’s shirt he squeezed his hands and sobbed as well. “Z – Zai, I love you too,” he said between his sobs making Zayev chuckled.

He pulled away and looked down at his brother. He really loved and adored this little brother of his. Cupping his cheeks, he wiped away the tears and placed his lips against his. Pulling away, he laid down on his bed and hugged his brother then fell asleep.

Theo walked into the room an hour later to check in on Zayev and found the two lights out asleep in each other’s arms.

He leaned against the door frame with his hands in his pockets as he watched the two of them.

Reign was wondering why his husband was taking so long to return from checking up on their son and went upstairs to the room. He saw Theo standing there and went to hug him from behind. Theo was slightly startled but smiled down at his lover and hugged him.

“Our sons are getting along again,” Theo stated.

“Noted,” Reign answered. 

“We need to get Zayev back to the hospital and in to counselling. He knows he can’t touch Jeandre until he is old enough to give his consent but I wonder why things turned out like this,” he said with a sigh and closed the door.

They went to the bedroom and cuddled as their minds drifted.

“Everything will work itself out Thee, I think our place is just to keep them safe. I should start planning their wedding,” Reign mocked.

Theo rolled his eyes then kiss Reign on his nose. “I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t get married, Zayev will just hold him hostage.”

4