Something Unnatural
101 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zayev was waiting outside Jeandre’s school for him inside his car. He arrived five minutes early before the end of day bell rang and was furious at himself. He wasn’t someone who liked to wait but now he had to wait.

The bell rang and the children came out soon but he couldn’t spot Jeandre at all. He groaned and looked down until he heard someone yell Jeandre’s name out. He looked up and saw that Jeandre was making his way out of the school building but a young man who looked to be around Jeandre’s age was calling him. The young man was waving his hands like a crazy person and smiling stupidly. Taking a good look at him, Zayev noticed that it was someone who attended his brother's party.

Jeandre ran up to the guy and hugged him, the two parted and looked at each other and started talking. The guy couldn’t keep his hands off of Jeandre the entire time and Jeandre didn’t bother pushing him off.

Zayev’s knuckles turned white from clenching too hard around the steering wheel. His blood was boiling with rage, ‘Who the fuck is that?’, ‘What the fuck is he doing holding my Jeandre?’, ‘Why isn’t Jeandre pushing him off?’

All sorts of crazy questions were running through his mind as his jealousy grew. He wanted to get out of the car and beat the guy to a pulp but he couldn’t, there were too many people around and if he did get out and approach the two of them, he might do something he’ll regret – hurting Jeandre.

Unknowingly, Zayev bit his bottom lip breaking the flesh until blood was leaking from the side of his mouth.

After about fifteen minutes, Jeandre scanned the parking grounds and saw Zayev’s car. He smiled and hugged his friend goodbye then ran up to the car. He opened the door and climbed in, he looked over at Zayev and his smile dropped, Zayev wasn’t looking at him and there was blood on the side of his mouth.

“Zayev what happened to your mouth, you’re bleeding,” Jeandre asked worried and reached over to touch Zayev’s cheek. Zayev grabbed Jeandre’s hand and chucked it away from him surprising and confusing Jeandre.

“Keep your fucking hands to yourself,” Zayev gritted through his teeth and started the car. Jeandre looked at Zayev completely dumbfounded. As they drove off Jeandre sat back in the seat and fastened his seatbelt. After a moment he asked, “Why are you angry, did something happen?”

Zayev couldn’t hear Jeandre at all, his mind kept playing back what he witnessed and it was only making him angrier. Jeandre touched his shoulder minutes later seeing that he was ignored, “Zayev, I asked you what did I do, why are you angry at me?”

Zayev grabbed Jeandre by the jaw and shoved him against the seat, “I FUCKING TOLD YOU TO KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!!”

Jeandre grabbed Zayev’s wrist and tried to pull it away but he wasn’t letting go. His mouth was completely shut and the crazed look in Zayev’s eyes was frightening. Zayev left go of him and continued driving.

Jeandre held onto his mouth as he looked at Zayev. He couldn’t believe what just happened, why was he suddenly like this?

He turned in his seat and looked out of the window. His body was shaking from the shock and he would be lying if he said he wasn’t frightened. Pulling his feet onto the seat, he hugged his knees as his shoulders started to shake, the sounds of his sobbing broke through his lips and he started to cry.

The sound of him crying entered Zayev’s ears who turned to look at him annoyed. Turning back to the road, he ordered, “Shut up.”

Jeandre’s body stiffened and he quickly covered his mouth trying to stop himself from crying.

Zayev drove about for twenty minutes and stopped by a drive-through. Looking at the menu for a moment he couldn’t decide on what to order, turning to Jeandre he saw that he was leaning against the window wiping his tears away, “What must I order?” He asked.

Jeandre didn’t answer him. Seeing that he was being ignored, he reached over and firmly gripped Jeandre’s head, gently pulled it down and turned Jeandre’s head to look at him, Jeandre stared at him frightened, “Are you deaf?” He asked.

Jeandre shook his head. Zayev raised a brow, “Now why didn’t you answer me?”

Jeandre looked away and mumbled, “You told me to shut up.”

“Well you can speak now, tell me what I should order,” Zayev said letting him go. Jeandre turned to look at him then looked out the window at the menu board. Just as Zayev turned to look at him he spoke, “Order number seven.” Looking back at the board and what number seven was, he nods and drove up to the window.

After ordering and paying, he parked the car in the waiting area and didn’t say anything. Jeandre looked over at him confused and didn’t know what to think. Zayev seemed to be back to normal but he wasn’t sure.

Picking up his school bag, he dug inside it and pulled out a packet of tissues, throwing it over to Zayev he said, “Wipe your mouth, that woman was looking at you strangely,” he said referring to the employee who took their order.

Zayev did as he was told and handed the packet back. He watched as Jeandre took out his phone from his pocket and started typing something on it. Zayev reached his hand over and grabbed the phone from him, “Zayev what are you doing?” Jeandre yelled trying to grab his phone back. Zayev pushed him back as he scrolled through his phone, he saw that Zayev was answering Mickyle’s message then handed it back to him.

Jeandre couldn’t believe what was happening, why was Zayev like this?

*

Later that day when they returned home, Jeandre went to his room to do his homework, he was so happy that Zayev didn’t follow him in since he was angry. After they got their order, they went to the beach and ate there in tense silence. Taking out his books, he flipped them open and took out his phone, he quickly messaged Mickyle, “HELP” then placed his phone on vibrate and placed it under his thigh.

Working on his homework, he felt it vibrate and quickly pulled out and read: What can I do for you?

Jeandre: Are you alone? Reply quick!

Mickyle: Yes, why?

Jeandre: I don’t know what I did. Zayev’s mouth was bleeding when I got into the car after school and when I tried to touch him he pushed my hand away telling me to keep my hands to myself. He ignored me when I kept asking and when I touched him, he grabbed my mouth and shoved me against the seat and wouldn’t let go, he told me to keep my hands to myself and shoved me against the seat. He had this look in his eyes that told me I shouldn’t say anything. I don’t know what I did and when I was crying he told me to shut up so I did.

Mickyle: Shit shit shit

Mickyle: Did you do something before that might have made him angry?

Jeandre: I don’t know Mickyle, I’m scared!!

Mickyle: Where did all of this happen, at home?

Jeandre: No, after school, he told me this morning that he wanted to take me out. I was waiting for him and he only came 15 minutes later.

Mickyle: Weird! I’ve known Zayev for long and I’ve told you before about his temper, maybe something happened at work?

Jeandre: He didn’t go to work today.

Mickyle: Then something happened at home?

Jeandre: Don’t think so, his perfectly fine with my parents.

Mickyle: I don’t know what to say.

Mickyle: What were you doing before he arrived?

Jeandre: I was speaking to Aaron.

Mickyle: Aaron that likes you and can’t keep his hands to himself.

Jeandre: Yes.

Jeandre: Shit!

Jeandre: You don’t think he saw us right?

Mickyle: Jeandre~ You are dating someone now and as a matter of fact, your boyfriend is psycho, trust me, I know. Vanessa told me once that it would be best if you two never date because you might end up dying if he really loses his temper.

Jeandre: He’ll never do that.

Mickyle: So shoving you and telling you to shut up isn’t enough? Are you going to wait for him to smack you, break your legs? What?

Mickyle: You need to apologize and explain to him that Aaron likes you and that you are sorry for pissing him off, I know you didn’t mean it but its better to say sorry than wait for him to make the first move.

Mickyle: My friend, that man not only loves you, but he’s also been obsessed with you since you were kids, do you know that all the women he fucked has the same skin colour as you and hair? You need to be careful.

Mickyle: Vanessa warned me many times not to get involved in your relationship because the more I interfere the angrier Zayev will get. I told her I wouldn’t interfere but that doesn’t mean I won’t help you.

Mickyle: Take my advice and go apologise to him, he holds grudges and who knows what he might do to you in the future because of today.

Mickyle: It will also be best if you announce that you are dating someone, you don’t have to say who but just let Aaron and all the others who like you know since you have the tendency to let people touch you.

Mickyle: If worst comes to show, your boyfriend might end up killing someone because of how much he loves you.

Jeandre’s hands were shaking, ‘So it was my fault,’ he thought. Clearing his text messages, he placed his phone on charge and closed his books. There was no way he could do homework with so much going on.

Shaking his head, he undressed and went to the bathroom to shower and clear his head. When he was done, he returned to his room and saw Zayev standing by his desk looking through his phone. He was so glad that he erased all the messages before leaving.

Sighing, he walked in and shut the or behind him, Zayev turned around when he heard the door closed and leaned against the desk with his arms crossed and looking down at Jeandre. He didn’t say anything and neither did Jeandre.

Jeandre pretended that he wasn’t there and went about getting dressed avoiding Zayev’s gaze.

When he was done, he lied down on the bed and closed his eyes, “Aren’t you going to have dinner?” Zayev asked him as he sat down on the bed.

“No,” Jeandre answered, “I’m still full from earlier on,” he added.

Zayev didn’t say anything but moved closer and lied down beside Jeandre, resting his hand on the small of Jeandre’s back, he rubbed his hand in circles and felt Jeandre tense, kissing the back of Jeandre’s neck he asked, “Are you scared of me?”

“You hurt me,” Jeandre whispered.

“I know,” Zayev answered.

Jeandre opened his eyes and looked at the wall, “Did you see me with that guy at school?” He asked.

Zayev’s hand stopped moving. A frown formed on his face but he answered, “Yes.”

Jeandre turned around and looked at Zayev who was staring at him, “Is that why you hurt me?”

Zayev didn’t answer but Jeandre didn’t need it, he continued, “I’m sorry for making you feel jealous, I didn’t do it on purpose. I’m used to having people touch me so I didn’t consider your feelings, I’m sorry.”

Zayev let out a breath that he was holding and wiped away the tear falling down Jeandre’s cheek. “I didn’t tell anyone yet that you and I are dating since we just started yesterday,” He cupped Zayev’s cheek and said looking into his eyes, “I’m really sorry baby.”

Zayev pulled Jeandre closer and kissed his head, “K,” he answered.

┐(‘~`;)┌

1