Chapter 7-5
266 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

he world was reeling in shock. The PRT declared it too dangerous to fight the endbringer this time around. I mean the warning came early this time. They were able to evacuate a large part of the civilian population, yet during legend’s usual Endbringer speech Alexandria came in and announced that the PRT would not be participating.

All the parahumans including several from the Bay who left to regroup were dumbfounded.

“So what exactly am I supposed to do?” Amy mutters

“I don’t know find your girlfriend, she should be here shouldn’t she?” Victoria asks

“OH MY GOD THIS IS BECAUSE OF TAYLOR HEBERT ISNT IT!” Amy shouts at the top of her lungs.

Alexandria stills, and Legend also pauses his argument with the leader of the Trumitive.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Alexandria says

“This is because of how badly embarrassed you were during the court case! You just want to prove that the world needs you!” Amy shouts

Panacea was making sense as a lot of parahumans prepared to protect the girl Alexandria was known among those who were in for her bad temper.

“Are you not breaking the TRUCE?” Amy asks

“I am not going to argue with a child.” Alexandria says taking off and flying away.

Amy looks at Vicky and nods.

The two sisters take to the air trying to head back to the city to help however they can with the fight.

Several other parahumans followed. This was probably the least organized Endbringer fight to date as several flight capable parahumans flew around in the dark in a massive storm with absolutely no clue on where they were going.

“Amy?” Vicky asks

“Yes sis?” Amy returns

“Isn’t that where the medhall building used to be?” Vicky asks

“Oh shit.” Amy says

“I think I see people down there it’s hard to see in the rain. I’m gonna go in to land.” Vicky says changing her grip on Amy to make sure she has a tight hold on her.

The two land on what appears to be a puddle only to quickly submerge in water with Vicky very quickly pulling them both out.

“Holy crap the city is flooded.” Amy says

“Who’s over there!?” A voice shouts

“We are here to help!” Vicky shouts

“Might aswell go home. The beast is gonna die.” The voice responds.

Amy and Vicky manage to find the person responsible for the answers with 3 unconscious bodies around her on a island made of debris.

“Nevada?” Amy asks

The battleship blinks at her name being brought up.

“Amy? Why are you here? I thought you left the city to heal at the paramedics tent?” Nevada asks

“I did then it turns out help isnt coming, the PRT had decided they are not needed.” Amy says bitterly.

“Well they ain’t.” Nevada says as a bright glow illuminates the clouds on the opposite side of the city before going dark.

“You sure they aren’t needed?” Vicky asks

“Georgia has contingencies on top of contingencies. It’s kinda crazy how much she plans honestly.

“We were born to go into harms way- come ye! Hell or high waters be damned.” Nevada states

“No, are you serious.” Vicky asks

Nevada giggles
“we wanted the Title of leviathan back.”

Suddenly one of the bodies cough violently.
The redhead girl sits up clutching her chest.

“The United States Navy is going to get it back.” She says with a smirk.

A second later a massive boom reverberates carrying an shockwave which breaks all of the windows remaining in the city. Glass dust sprinkles into the night sky glowing whenever they reflect the light of a bolt.

“Amy, I just felt my shield shatter.” Victoria shouts

Amy however just saw her sisters mouth move and say nothing.

“WHAT!” Amy asks

Both felt blood run down their side of their face coming from their ears.

=================================================================

Johnston was confused. First she was enjoying her long term napping at the ocean floor, Then this Cuthulu looking mother fucker just picked her up and dragged her across the ocean. She had just been tossed like a depth charge, and now she has a human body. To top off her day she had just been told by an Iowa with similar guns to Yammy, ‘no time to explain distract the thing’ as if she didn’t want a piece of the beast. As she sat there processing things she heard a little jingle and a truck redlining. Turning around she found a van with an ice cream cone on the top drift next to her.

“You got any Torpex?” came a question from a submarine who was sticking her head out the window of the Ice cream van.

“What?” Johnston asked, then shrugged. “I got 10 MK15's, so around eight thousand pounds.”

“Good I need all of it to make this into a perfect bomb.” the submarine said.

“That's all well and good Barb, but we got to go.” Taylor said, not that she needed introduction to Johnston. A Fletcher knows a Fletcher.

“Well let me in. I want to see this go up in a ball of fire.” Johnston said as she pushed into the van.

Live fast, die young and have a good-looking wreck!” The two fletchers said in unison.

“By the way, how did you get a hold of this ice cream van?” Johnston questioned.

“Well…”

-flashback-

Taylor was worried, walking out of the museum rooftop, and sliding down until she had hit the water. Looking around she was the only one who had noticed that USS Barb was missing, so she decided to look around. Her eyes scanning around for any sign of the sub she passed over an ice cream truck. Wait, that truck wasn’t there earlier. Walking over she found a member of the E88 tied up and a passed out Barb surrounded by ice cream wrappers.

“I would question why, but honestly I can relate.” Taylor said to herself as she nudged the submarine. Who bursted awake screaming in joy.

“I CAN SEE GOD, HE HAS DEMANDED AN EXPLOSION! I NEED YOUR TORPEX TO COMPLETE MY MASTERPIECE! I SHALL BE THE FIRST TO SINK AN ICECREAM TRUCK HAHAHAHAHAHA!” Barb shouted before crashing again.

“Well if we are to turn this truck into a bomb, then we need to save the ICE CREAM!” Taylor shouted into Barb's ear, waking her up again.

“Yes, saving the ice cream is the most important, but where to drop it off?” Barb asked as she practically vibrated.

“Nevada should be relatively close.” Taylor said as the two got to their stations, barb setting up the explosives and Taylor at the wheel.

-Flashback end-

“Neat, why is there a nazi tied up?” Johnston asked as Taylor finished the story, as she pointed to the man who was now awake and looked at them fearfully.

“I forgot he was here, Barb 30 seconds to intercept you almost finished?” Taylor responded.

“Done, timer set, Bail.” Barb shouted as the group bailed leaving the flying Ice Cream Bomb to collide with Leviathan before exploding.

“We forgot the nazi.” Taylor mentioned after the group got over the beauty of the explosion.

“Who gives a shit, it's a nazi.” Barb responded.

“Valid.” Taylor replied.

“LET'S DO THAT AGAIN!” Johnston yelled with glee.

15