PHO 5
324 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
■​

♦ Topic: Cape Law
In: Boards ► Places ► United States ► Brockton Bay
Bagrat 
(Original Poster) (Veteran Member) (The Guy in the Know)
Posted On May 4th 2011:
So I've heard from my contacts in the PRT... what remains of them anyways, that his court case is going poorly for them. I have honestly never heard of lawyers out right walking out on a case before. On top of that, does any one on have any clue on who that lawyer is? All I got is that he is from new Mexico and utterly tearing the PRT a new one.

(Showing page 1 of 222)

►Mordai (Verified Texan)
Replied On May 4th 2011:
I've heard about him before. There was a nasty shootout with some villainous capes in Corpus Cristi a few months ago. All but two of the villains were killed in the ensuing firefight; PRT labeled it as 3rd-degree murder. Saul 'Goodie' Goodman came in and got the PRT for falsifying evidence.

►Hamlin, Hamlin & McGill (Law Office)
Replied On May 4th 2011:
So that's where Charlie Hustle went Chuck is going to have a stroke.

►USS Arizona (Verified Cape) (Verified Battleship)
Replied On May 4th 2011:
I will be the first to know I don't have the faintest clue about civilian law. I barely know current military law for that matter (not my fault there isn't a Navy academy in Honolulu). But This situation looks to be ua hauʻoli loa. I originally used English, but it was rather rude, so I decided to use Hawaiian instead, as I doubt many speakers are on a Brockton Bay board

Seriously, what and why? I heard thanks to my good friend and fellow student Crystal P, who actually is from Brockton Bay, and still has family there, about the mess that went on there. I wouldn't even wish that on Nagumo or Yamamoto of all peoples. Let alone a teenage girl. Crystal fully agrees with me that this should never have happened. What kind of people are the PRT that they haven't immediately distanced themselves from the perpetrators?

In the unlikely event the perpetrators see the light of day, don't come to Hawaii. I am not sure I could stop myself from firing my main guns. If any Protectorate members there support the PRT stance in the situation, same goes for them.

►Crystal P (Cape Daughter)
Replied On May 4th 2011:
Like Ari said, that situation was a disgrace. I hope that the perpetrators of the actual crime will have the full weight of the law descend on them. That the books are thrown at them. Literally if necessary. Times like these, I am glad my family has never agreed to join up with the PRT, if this is what the PRT stands for, then hell no.

►Mordai (Verified Texan)
Replied On May 4th 2011:
-Replying to USS Arizona (Verified Battleship)
While I would agree with Yamamoto. Nagumo was a fucking idiot who deserved what he made others perform in his stead, Such as Yamaguchi. Thankfully for history Nagumo never did and his incompetence helped end the war sooner. Also Nagumo was the one who placed his flag on the Carrier that got that bomb off durring the Pearl Harbor raid.

►Cyberpunk Penguin
Replied On May 4th 2011:
Who wants to bet on the PRT nationwide checking what the wards have been up to ensure no other massive scandals are waiting in the wings?

►USS Arizona (Verified Cape) (Verified Battleship)
Replied On May 4th 2011:
Mordai (Verified Texan)
You can just call it as it was. No offense meant, but there is no reason to pussyfoot around December 7th, 1941 when speaking to me. Just don't insult my crew and you'll be fine. It has been nearly 70 years for me. But that's probably not something to discuss here. Better to take it to this thread, In which Crystal P posted a link to my Q&A about the Attack on Pearl Harbor.

►Llama_the_Hero (Verified Case 53) (Verified Fluffy)
Replied On May 4th 2011:
replied to Crystal P
Maybe you can answer a question why do people put so much attention on Arizona? Wasn't there more ships sunk? All I ever hear about is USS Arizona and nothing about any of the other ships.

►Crystal P (Cape Daughter)
Replied On May 5th 2011:
@Llama_the_Hero (Verified Case 53) (Verified Fluffy) (Verified Rogue)
I can't speak for others, but Ari is a fellow student with me at the University of Hawaii and I consider her a good friend. I am quite aware that other ships sank as well. My great grandfather was one of the officers that sank with USS Utah, his remains are still onboard. Ari actually went with me, when I went to the USS Utah Memorial last week. Unfortunately, as far as Ari can find out, Utah is currently either too deep asleep or not there. Her hull obviously is, but, her spirit I mean.

So no, I don't forget about the other ships, and yes, I know Utah and Arizona weren't the only ones. It is just that Ari is my friend. I hope this works for you?

End of Page. 1

(Showing page 2 of 222)

►Crystal P (Cape Daughter)
Replied On May 5th 2011:
@Crystal P(Cape Daughter)
I meant no offence or that you didn't know about them it was just a general question. when I ask people about it all they ever talked about was USS Arizona and was just curious about that. Sorry if it was still getting use to everything.

Replied On May 5th 2011:

End of Page. 1, 2, 3...222

■​

♦ Topic: Cape Law
In: Boards ► Locked Threads
ShadowWisp 
(Original Poster) (Verified Non-Bet Native)
Posted On Apr 22nd 2011:
{admin colour insert}Tin_Mother: Aside from mentioning the cape involved I cannot find anything breaking rules, so it's a small infraction without muting.
While i don't usually post in this section, as i do prefer the Creative Writing and it's NSFW section...
Hoo boy, i think NDA i signed can be counted as borked, so i will say that out and fuck the consequences! i dont think even Salvage Wrights with their shenanigans can fix their fuck-ups. While other Iterations of the PRT did not quite done such things as they did here, i do not think i had met any version of them that had punished {admin colour insert}[Redacted by Tin_Mother] the thus failing to be actual responsible Adults. Pleasedon'tkillme, Oh The Q̶͠ͅů̷̮ē̸̘e̷̯̔n̷̹͑ï̵͉e̶̞̕ of Escalation! Also, should i point out PRT pressured me to sign the NDA in question? or Ș̴͓̲̖͛̌͌͋͝ṕ̸̨̧̭̙̗̩͖͇͆̓͝ͅọ̶̤̩͍̬̣̫̭͙̉̀͂͊ͅỉ̷̧̠̳̜̮͓̫̖̬̲̥̬̮̬̏͒̓̌́̈́̾́́̇̔̕͘͝ͅl̵̙̬̦̥͇̐̎̀͑̃͗̊̔̚͘͠͝ȩ̷̨̪̘̟̻̘̠̟͔̣͕̫͆̈́̒̓̿̈̈͗͌̒̈́̉͘͜r̸̙̙̜̠̹̙͈̙̻͗̔ẹ̸̭͍̺̖͚͐͛͛͑̈́̐̚d̸̫͍̫̤͔̼̀̌͑̀͋̉͘͝
Edit: Ohkay.. that was unexpected and sorry for the pain the text can bring the person reading.
To anyone wondering: The zalgo at the end *has* initially made my post ~3000 words long.
Now with my edits it's 200 words

(Showing page 1 of 1)

►PRT Official (Moderator)
Replied On May 6th 2011:
Thread Lock

This thread has been deemed a cognitive hazard and no no one is allowed to respond to it.

End of Page. 1

■​

♦ Topic: Ari's Q&A on the Attack on Pearl Harbor
In: Boards ► Honolulu ► US Navy
Crystal P 
(Original Poster) (Cape Daughter)
Posted On Apr 9th 2011:
Yesterday, my good friend Ari, USS Arizona, had an online Q&A on the Attack on Pearl Harbor with students of the United States Naval Academy, Annapolis. a Q&A that has since been posted on their Youtube account. *Link here*

While I am hardly a military student, I still found it highly interesting, it also gives an excellent example of just how different those like Ari see the world. I highly advise everyone to watch it.

■​

♦ Topic: Why is it always me, Arizona, that people mention when discussing Pearl Harbor?
In: Boards ► Honolulu ► US Navy
USS Arizona 
(Original Poster) (Verified Cape) (Verified Battleship)
Posted On May 8th 2011:
@Llama_the_Hero
@USS Missouri_BB-63
@ Mordai
@ Grey Ghost
@BB-64_Wisconsin
@Crystal P

Llama_the_Hero asked in an unrelated thread about why it's always me people ask about when talking about the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Here are my thought on this. The thing is, from the capital ships sunk on December 7th, Utah and myself are the only ones that were never raised. And from these, Utah was out of the way and no longer an active battleship. I was an active battleship when I sank and my hull was, and remains, in Battleship Row.

Yes, I am aware of Oklahoma, but as her hull was raised in 1946 and then sunk in deeper water on her way to the continent, she's not actually visible for people to see. Utah and I are.

So, in a way, I understand why this is the case. Which is a shame. Oklahoma was a great ship, sure, her puns grew to be quite annoying at times, but she was one of us. I don't remember much from those years, I didn't really wake up until in the fifties, but I do remember that Oklahoma was not really conscious during those years she laid on the bottom at Pearl, I wouldn't be surprised if she was relieved when she went under that final time in 1947

For those asking why I added two of the Iowa sisters, who were after all commissioned long after the attack. Well, and this I heard from talking with the tugs, and the missile destroyers calling Pearl Harbor home, apparently Missouri, by the end of the war and during the decades afterwards, became the Queen of Gossip in the Pacific. A title that in the Interwar had belonged to CV-1 Langley, may she and her brave crewmembers rest in peace.

Anyhow, Missouri and Wisconsin, due to having been active for so long, know most ships that ever sailed for the US Navy. So do Iowa and New Jersey, but I only have their museum accounts, not their own ones. @Missouri do they even have personal accounts?

I hope I haven't been rambling too long, but these were my thoughts. What do you think?

(Showing page 1 of 120)

►Mordai (Verified Texan)
Replied On May 8th 2011:
Iowa does. Apparently she heard that I had kissed Wisky's number one turret on my HS graduation trip. Since then Iowa has threatened me to take good care of her youngest sister… or else.

Edit… am I the only one she teases or does she do that for everyone.

►Doting_Grey_Ghost (Verified Battleship)
Replied On May 8th 2011:
Mordai
When the wedding happens I want pictures of the honeymoon.

►Llama_the_Hero (Verified Case 53) (Verified Fluffy)
Replied On May 8th 2011:
So form what I get and having asked a WW2 historian I help with a problem it manly because of visibility(?) can't wait to see what everyone else thinks. maybe should go see some of those museum ship and ask there history.

Mordai
Wait they remember that stuff then I really shouldn't go back to Texas don't think I'll be able to live though the embarrassment of talking to USS Texas. Also no I will not talk about it and just say when you have no memories and read a 18+ book you think it's how the would works.

►Battleship Texas (Museum) (Historical Site)
Replied On May 8th 2011:
@Llama_the_Hero

I am sorry what did you do and why in the hell is Texas Blushing!

►USS Arizona (Original Poster) (Verified Cape) (Verified Battleship)
Replied On May 8th 2011:
@Llama_the_Hero Yes, we do. You know the monument they built near my hull? I can hear most of what's said over there if I try to listen. On our hulls, which hasn't been relevant for me over the last 70 years, but for the Iowa's to name some, it most certainly is. We are, I was, in essence what the Romans called a Genius Loci. If it happens on our hulls, we know it, most of it in the back of our heads. We don't focus on everything at once. No, we tend not to focus in when our crews are showering or on the toilet (yes, that has been asked, if you are a crewmember on a ship, your virtue is safe). But thing like what Mordai said? We are battleships, part of us is always focussing on our guns. Just like carriers will always keep a focus on their flight decks.

@ Mordai Well, from talking with currently active ships, I can tell you that Iowa is ... well, you might better not visit other museum ships, otherwise Iowa might accuse you of two-timing her youngest sister, just a friendly advise.

►Mordai (Verified Texan)
Replied On May 8th 2011:
I work on USS Texas as the electrician and tour guide, so that has already failed. But I'll cancel my trip out to Chicago, then again if half the Rumors I heard from G'ma Tex are true I probably dodged a bullet.

@ Llama_the_Hero
I am certain Tex would welcome you in and spoil you with doughnuts and coffee, only to then tease you. We call her grandma for a reason. But she will offer good advice.

Edit… OI who added that tag.

►USS Arizona (Original Poster) (Verified Cape) (Verified Battleship)
Replied On May 8th 2011:
@ Mordai
She'd know for sure. I mean, Missouri might have become the Gossip Queen of the Pacific after Langley fell. But Texas is rumored to be Missouri's Atlantic counterpart. Admittedly, due to being on the Pacific and having missed the war, apart from the very first day, I don't have first hand knowledge, only those rumors

End of Page. 1

■​

♦ Topic: Tinkers Trying to steal a Battleship
In: Boards ► Texas ► US Navy

Posted On May 9th 2011:
To all Battleships I was approached by a person saying he was representing a group of tinkers wanting to steal a battleship to turn into a mobile base and attack something (they won't tell me). He kept saying something about Space Battleship Yamato (had to look that up apparently it a earth Alph thing) and since the PRT said they can't do anything for some reason I post this. Hope it helps. From what I was able to get they want ether a Iowa class or USS Texas so be on the look out.

(Showing page 1 of 2)

►BB-70 (Verified Cape)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
I am sorry but, who did you hear this from because they need to have a talking to.

►USS Arizona (Verified Cape) (Verified Battleship)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
@Llama_the_Hero
@USS Missouri_BB-63
@ Grey Ghost
@BB-64_Wisconsin
@ BB-35 Texas

I've added in Texas and the two Iowa sisters of whom I have the accounts and CV-6 Enterprise. Can you spread the word to your sisters, Missouri, Wisconsin? I suppose best Alabama, Massachusetts and North Carolina too.

P.S. Texas, what do you think, is mister Mordai worthy of our youngest niece?

►Crystal P (Cape Daughter)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
Didn't Georgia activate all of the battleships? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't those tinkers have to be either suicidal or complete and utter idiots who don't realise a battleship that can act, is not something you can steal. Has someone informed the Navy? I doubt they'd want restored battleships fighting off boarding efforts by idiotic tinkers.

►Llama_the_Hero (Verified Case 53) (Verified Fluffy)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
@Crystal P
Dose anyone know that hero (?) that going around fixing ship that i heard about she has a few and the guy I talked to did seam crazy enough to try and get one of them?

►Crystal P (Cape Daughter)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
That hero is BB-70 Georgia. She's on PHO as well. And she has in fact restored ALL museum battleships. She even did my friend Arizona, granted, Ari was already awake at the time. The thing is, due to the method she used, all of them can now somewhat control their hull. I actually talked to Missouri and Ari half an hour ago about your message. And Missouri assured me that all of them, are more than capable of fighting of parahuman boarders. She also stated that it is unlikely all of these boarders would survive their attempts.

They are battleships, they were made for war. for those tinkers, I have the following advise. Cease your planning, dismantle your tinkertech, and surrender yourself to the nearest navy officer.

►Mordai (Verified Texan) (Wisky Lover)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
She loves gossip. She dived head first into the speculation forums the hour everyone was gone. Hhchbcvjg j

►BB-35 Texas (Verified Battleship)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
Now Mordai, don't spill secrets on the internet.

@ USS Arizona
He is a perv who enjoys looking at schematics, but he would be the first person to defend little Wisky. I would approve.

Edit. He has Enterprise's schematics along with Wisconsin's on his computer. They are under the research folder.

►Mordai (Verified Texan) (Wisky Lover)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
Ow. Oil Baroness is not doing her job well. Fuel line fell on me tripping me through a watertight door.

Edit. Of never mind I found out what happened.

►USS Arizona (Verified Cape) (Verified Battleship)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
@BB-35 Texas
To be fair, I usually prefered my electricians and mechanics to have some idea on my schematics. They tended to do a better job if they knew what they were doing.

@ BB-64 Wisconsin
@ Mordai
would it be possible to hold the wedding in Pearl? I mean, you can simply sail through the Panama canal. But I can't get further than 15 nautical miles from my hull. A beautiful island, crystal clear seas, Hawaii has it all. It would be an excellent wedding venue.

End of Page. 1

(Showing page 2 of 2)

►BB-70 (Verified Cape)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
@USS Arizona
Also I would love to go back to Hawaii. And although the panama canal is now clear it's still panama. The place is like permanently on fire.... Or was that Florida?
Anyways this trial is something insane. I know some legal stuff but holy hell Saul is just crazy good. He's over here running laps around them.

►TinMother (Moderator)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
This thread is starting to go off topic...

►Mordai (Verified Texan) (Wisky Lover)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
@BB-70 What?

@ USS Arizona Please don't give anyone any ideas.

►Doting_Grey_Ghost (Verified Battleship)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
Mordai Too late, I am already sending you the plane tickets. Get up to Norfolk and get my sister a wedding dress.

@ USS Arizona
I'm on my way, we have to get the wedding venue set up.

►USS Arizona (Verified Cape) (Verified Battleship)
Replied On May 9th 2011:
@Doting_Grey_Ghost_BB60
Am I the only one who is now attempting to imagine someone draping a wedding dress over an Iowa-class hull? How much fabric would you even need to cover an entire battleship?
EDIT: I'd experiment on my own hull, if not for the fact it would be highly disrespectful to my crewmembers' graves. And the fabric probably would be ruined beyond repair by the seawater

►USS Missouri BB-63
Replied On May 9th 2011:
@USS Arizona
Maybe we should experiment with a destroyer or corvette first? I know Hopper's captain, DDG-70. Not a wedding dress, obviously, but maybe something easier? For science (and photo's we can send to ALL Hopper's sisters, their Kongõ halfsisters too for that matter)

End of Page. 1, 2

■​

♦ Topic: Leviathan Attack and Death?
In: Boards ►
Bagrat 
(Original Poster) (Veteran Member) (The Guy in the Know)
Posted On May 16th 2011:
Leviathan just happened...I made it out safe along with a surprisingly large amount of people. From what I was able to find out it should be over with...

So how is everyone doing? I'm alive myself and I consider that a miracle. Has anyone made it back to the Bay yet how does it look?

I have heard conflicting reports can anyone confirm if the end bringer is dead?

Any photo's or videos?

(Showing page 10 of 1000)

►RM Aquila (Unverified Battleship)
Replied On May 16th 2011:
Have some photos of the insult to mythology becoming dust after being perforated from behind by a hard rod, taken by a NY 'cousin' of mine that was in the area for 'family affairs' here.

Sorry for the bad quality by the way, but you cannot pretend perfection from a commercially available old school style camera.

►Mordai (Verified Texan) (Wisky Lover)
Replied On May 16th 2011:
Currently, I am helping load up some relief supplies. There were a couple of light cargo ships that were in good condition that was requisitioned by the Texas Navy to ferry relief supplies. We are currently doing final checks and arming the ships against pirates.

@ BB-64_Wisconsin, Think you can get some of your friends along the coast to watch out for the supply convoy.

►BB-64_Wisconsion (Verified Battleship)
Replied On May 16th 2011:
Mordai
Absolutely, I hope everyone up there is alright. It's been radio silent and I am getting rather fidgety. Last time one of my sisters got fidgety an island was sunk.

Do you plan on taking responsibility for kissing my guns?

►Warspite
Replied On May 17th 2011:
I do think nice bit of sailing is just what I need. Just to get away from the destruction and come back with help would be nice. Any destroyer wanting to do convoy duty, I'll depart for Texas in an hour. I already asked one of the subs to borrow an ice cream machine somewhere. No idea where they got it from, but I doubt it matters.

►USS Arizona (Verified Cape) (Verified Battleship)
Replied On May 18th 2011:
Does anyone know what's going on with BB-70. I sent her a PM 2 days ago, but she hasn't responded at all? Is everything alright with her?
And what is going on with Enterprise? (I mean CV-6, not Enterprise junior). I've heard loads of different things, but nothing definitive.
Also for my friend, who doesn't dare look at the Brockton Bay boards or the news, or even turn on her phone, can anyone tell me whether all of New Wave made it out alive?
edit: there are hundreds of pages right now. I know the information might be in them, but it will take me a long time to parse through

►Llama_the_Hero (Verified Case 53) (Verified Fluffy)
Replied On May 18th 2011:
Just woke up was in BB to help after the attack form the Nazi when the EBS goes off and while looking for the local rally point I see the Lizard got a few shots off before I lost my leg and blackout don't know what going on. No one saying much and still on the good stuff is Panacea sill around I would like my leg back then is can go see that museum as see the space shuttle they have.
There telling me to go back to sleep now good night.

►Tin Mother
Replied On May 18th 2011:
Please keep it on topic girls. I know Georgia isn't there to corral you at the moment however I believe she will make a speedy recovery.

End of Page. 10

■​
13