Chapter 8-1
308 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

May 22nd 2011

It has been a week since Leviathan had hit Brockton bay.

The city is actually helped with reconstruction by the government. Though that was likely because Avatar had pulled his influence, pumps were being driven in to pump out the bay. While the people worked to put their lives back together. Enterprise had passed away, her body dissolving and leaving one of those cubes that Georgia used to give ship spirits physical bodies. Georgia herself was still out cold and she showed no sign of waking up anytime soon.

“Taylor!” Fletcher shouts hugging the girl knocking her out of her thoughts
Taylor’s phone rings, suddenly then again her phone ringing was kind of normal since for some odd reason she was the impromptu leader of the fleet since Enterprise the second in command had fallen, and Georgia… Georgia was in a makeshift hospital room put together in the museum’s upstairs, she had succeeded and while the world celebrated Brockton Bay licked its wounds. The sleeping giant’s rested especially since no faction actually lost capes in the fight against the endbringer except for the Navy’s Shipgirls.

The phone stopped ringing since Taylor didn’t pick up the phone.

That didn’t mean that they were weak; the E88 found that out when they tried to strong arm the dock workers. Johnston was there and to be honest we kind of forgot to give her conform shells. Taylor remembers Hook wolf and Alabaster dying to the trigger happy battle-destroyer.

“Hey Taylor, good job handling that Nosferatu,” New York says patting Taylor on the back.

“You mean Alucard? He was rather nice.” Taylor says

“He dug up a war grave.” New York says scathingly

“I don't really think he meant too, it's kinda how his powers work if I am not mistaken. At least we have her now and when Georgia gets back on her feet she will be able to restore her.” Taylor answers

“I agree with York.” Fletcher says still hugging Taylor.

“Are we talking about me again?” The ghostly figure of a girl asks

“Yes we are Edsall,” Taylor says

“Although I admit that being drug up like this is rather discomforting. I am excited to get back into the fight.” Edsall says

Taylor smiles at the lone destroyer which faced off against the Kido Butai and completely embarrassed them.

There was talk of Georgia and Enterprise getting metals for their service. It would be Georgia’s second time getting one.

Taylors phone rang again.

“You should probably get that.” Fletcher says

“Hello?” Taylor asks, opening the dinosaur of a flip phone.

“Is this Taylor?” A robotic voice asks

“Yes?” Taylor asks

“This is Dragon, I was talking with Georgia before the endbringer fight and have a gift for her. She said if she was unable to get it then I should contact either the Enterprise or you.” Dragon says

It took a second for one of the famous dragon drones to fly down in front of Taylor and drop off a USB stick in her palm.

“What is it exactly? It is a USB drive,” Taylor asks the greatest tinker alive

“It is exactly what she asked me for, and Although she isn’t awake Her crew is right?” Get her to a retrofit tub and I will have the materials brought.” Dragon responds.

“Do you think this will wake her?” Taylor asks

“It is a very real possibility.” Dragon says

Taylor is silent for a minute, the fight against Leviathan was costly. The Bay’s population was cut by 1/3rd the entirety of downtown was destroyed.

Enterprise had died…

She took the fatal blow meant for her daughter, and her body had dissolved into a golden blue light which had turned into one of those cubes Georgia often used to bring the spirits of girls back, however it was cracked, and the usually glowing blue light was dull.

Enty has been devastated, all of them were. There is to be a state funeral for Enterprise, and the preparations for that were starting to get to her.

The world was probably going to learn a lot more about the ship girls. Afterall, besides the navy, historian’s, and cape geeks no one seemed to realize they were one in the same. There had only been a few small news stories on them, which seemed to believe they were cape’s with the powers of a warship.

The general public would probably be surprised to learn that the Enterprise had once again sacrificed itself for america… No, she did it for the world.

“Taylor you there?” Dragon asks over the phone.

“Sorry. I was lost in thought again, so much has happened and in all honestly. I am having trouble processing it.” Taylor says sadly

“It’s always like that after an endbringer fight. Though I implore you to look at the good side Endbringer fight’s usually have a cape death count nearing the triple digits and a civilian death toll in the tens of thousands. All we could do was make the endbringer retreat, except this time. You all killed it, you did the impossible with minimal losses. The world is celebrating and wondering when Georgia is going to kill the other ones. PHO is going crazy and it seems like The Simurgh escaping was a fluke.

“I honestly think her friend dying is going to set her on a warpath.” Taylor says knowing Georgia fairly well.

“Against who?” Dragon asks

“I honestly couldn’t tell you; however Georgia has always known more than she should.” Taylor admits.

“So, I guess we are going to live in interesting times then.” Dragon says with a giggle.

15