Chapter 8-6
290 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

November 1st 2011

Brockton Bay. No the world had changed significantly ever since Georgia had killed two of the endbringers and the third one is afraid to come up in fear of facing the killer of its kin. The world was told that Georgia was responsible for the death of both of them, so Brockton Bay has actually been rather peaceful these past few months due to no one wanting to upset the walking Act of God

Space Agencies were launching rockets again, Naval trade was starting to pick up again, port cities were being cleared and prepared while steel companies were producing ships at a record pace. Nowhere near the 4 days and 15 hours record although it was getting to the point nearing the average speed of creation of the Liberty ships during World War 2. While all of this was going on, politics always reared its ugly head.

The Soviet Union was struggling for power as Ukraine had declared independence and the fight was turning out rather badly for both sides. Especially since you Ukraine was the breadbasket and held a massive reserve of arms and ammo. China was encroaching into India, and North Korea, and expanding out seaward towards Taiwan.

Yet while all of this was going on life continued for the Ship girls under Georgia’s command.

In the new heart of the bustling waterfront district, the Dock Worker's Union's brand new office which held a unique place in the community, having barely weathered the endbringer era, the DWU saw a prosperous future ahead. The office was also shared with the nearby ship museum, the office served as a bridge between the maritime history of the past and the labor struggles of the new present, especially with the rapid growth. Warehouses were being updated, and all of the port infrastructure was being brought up to date.

Georgia however was relaxing while reading her book, The Influence of Sea Power upon History. When her door was knocked on.

“Come on in.” Georgia shouts putting a bookmark in the ancient novel before sliding it carefully back into her bookshelf.

Danny, the leader of the Dock Worker's Union, entered with a determined look on his face. He closed the door gently behind him before taking a seat across from Georgia's desk. The formerly portly man no longer looked nearly as sickly and he seemed to be taking better care of himself.

“How’s it going with Taylor?” Georgia asks

“Isn’t she the assistant Curator?”Danny asks

“You know how busy it gets here right? Especially recently, we hardly ever have time to talk about life.” Georgia comments.

“I have gotten her to forgive me for withholding the fact she was kinda adopted. So, rather well I think.” Danny admits.

“Good Good, So what did you need?” Georgia asks,

“I wanted to talk with you about the promised Panamax Cargo ships. You know, with all the updates happening in the port, the union members have been eagerly waiting for those vessels.” Danny admits

Georgia chuckled softly, her thoughts momentarily wandering to the bygone days of promise, almost wondering when the mayor's office was going to come knocking about promoting the museum. "Oh dear, that was nearly a lifetime ago, Danny."

"I think Taylor should be able to summon them for you if you were to go and talk to her." She understood the significance of Danny and Taylor making amends, recognizing that it would be in the best interest of both the museum and the union.

The ship girls, surprisingly, enjoyed a relatively hands-off approach from the Navy despite being under their umbrella, which provided them with the freedom to navigate their own relationships and interactions.

As the world outside grappled with geopolitical turmoil, the docks of Brockton Bay remained a symbol of new hope, and rapid growth. After all it had the unfair advantage of the ship girls and Installation Brockton Bay.

Georgia's smirk faded into a contemplative expression as she received the text from her cousin Iowa. The exchange of wisdom cubes among the museum ships had become a symbolic and significant act in their unique world. Each cube contained the essence and knowledge of a legendary ship, a repository of history and experiences.

With the ability to fly and her unwavering dedication, Georgia had managed to restore the SS United States, turning it into a beautiful maritime museum. The once-venerable vessel had been given a new lease on life, preserved for future generations to appreciate and learn from.

Her power of flight had also enabled her to retrieve the SS America from its coastal island resting place in Spain with ease. It now holds a spot on rotation here at the Brockton Bay Ship Museum. She traveled the world collecting wisdom cubes and bringing ship spirits to life, The amount of ships at the museum was just short of 1000 and the girls were all a massive hassle. The unintelligent ones had added to the growing collection stored within the vault. The former endbringer shelter was now a treasure trove of maritime history and knowledge that only she and Taylor could access.

Georgia sighed as her fingers traced the surface of the wisdom cube containing the spirit of the USS Enterprise,
"All of this time, and I still couldn't fix you."

==================================================

In the chilling wilderness of Alaska, where the bitter cold was only surpassed by the Slaughterhouse Nine's chilling presence, the notorious group had fled to Alaska to avoid Georgia and while avoiding the battleship the group found themselves in the presence of the first Parahuman, Scion.

Jack Slash, the leader of the Slaughterhouse Nine, saw an opportunity that could potentially sow chaos across the world and take care of his group's little problem.

Jack Slash, stepped forward. "Scion," he began, his voice filled with a charm, using every bit of his master powers he could "We're just here for a bit of fun, you know. But you, you could make it so much more entertaining."

Scion regarded Jack Slash with an emotionless stare, his golden eyes piercing through the frigid air.
[Query]

Jack Slash grinned, the gleam of his blade catching the faint Alaskan sunlight. "I want you to attack Georgia also known as BB-70, all the way over in Brockton Bay."

Scion's expression remained stoic

“my dear Scion," Jack Slash purred, "Georgia is a symbol of Power and Authority, she is an outsider, an unknown. A [Threat].”

As Jack Slash's persuasive words hung in the frigid Alaskan air, Scion, the seemingly omnipotent parahuman, made a decision that sent shockwaves through the Slaughterhouse Nine. In a flash of golden light, Scion unleashed his power upon the group.

[Acknowlged]

The members of the Slaughterhouse Nine, infamous for their brutality and abilities, found themselves utterly annihilated by Scion's wave of overwhelming might. In an instant, their powers and abilities were rendered meaningless as the godlike entity literally wished them dead and tore their shards from them to insert it back into the system.

Just like that the Slaughter house nine was gone, and Scion was flying South East.

15