5-6
449 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5. Challenge into a Fight

Chen Moran’s eyes shrank all of a sudden as he saw the sword on the counter.

"Mu Chen, are you going to return this sword?" Chen Moran pointed at the sword on the counter while glaring at Mu Chen angrily.

 

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes."

"How could you do this?" Chen Moran looked at Mu Chen as if Mu Chen had done something horrible.

 

Mu Chen was confused and thought: Why does it matter to you when I'm returning something that I bought? Why are you doing that face?!

 

"What's wrong with returning my own thing?" Mu Chen said lightly.

"Wasn't it a gift you gave to Zhuang Yu?" Chen Moran questioned him viciously.

 

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Zhuang Yu doesn't want it. If he doesn't want it, what’s the problem with me returning it?"

 

Chen Moran stared at Mu Chen dumbfounded and said, "You are going too far."

 

Mu Chen rolled his eyes. He really didn't understand why it was wrong.

Zhuang Yu tugged Chen Moran's sleeve and said, "Enough, Moran. Stop talking. This sword belongs to Mu Chen. He has a right to deal with his own belongings.”

 

Mu Chen looked at Zhuang Yu. Zhuang Yu's skin was fair and his eyes were looking bright. He was beautiful but unfortunately, not Mu Chen’s type.

Mu Chen was also into men in the previous life, but he liked tall, handsome, manly-looking men. Zhuang Yu was his less favorite because Mu Chen’s favorite usually liked men like Zhuang Yu. 

 

Chen Moran looked at Mu Chen angrily, and said, "Mu Chen, you’d better give up the idea of returning it. You gave it to Zhuang Yu as a gift. How can you return it?"

 

Mu Chen folded his arms and looked at Chen Moran. There was a hinge of annoyance in his eyes. This sword belongs to him. Whether he would return it or not, had nothing to do with Chen Moran. Who on earth was Chen Moran to have the right to interfere his decision? What did he do to make Chen Moran hate him so much?  

 

"Sir, refund me the four hundred and fifty elementary stones," Mu Chen looked at the shopkeeper coldly and said.

 

The shopkeeper looked at Chen Moran and then at Mu Chen, hesitantly said, "Young Master Mu Chen, have you really made up your mind?"

 

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes."

The shopkeeper sighed in mind and gave four hundred and fifty elementary stones to Mu Chen although he did not want to. Mu Chen couldn't wait to put the elementary stones into the space ring.

Zhuang Yu felt a complicated mixed feeling as he watched the whole ordeal from behind Chen Moran.

Mu Chen's eyes swept over Zhuang Yu lightly. Zhuang Yu's eyes were full of puzzlement and sorrow, which kind of buffled Mu Chen.

 

"Mu Chen, I challenge you to a fight," Chen Moran suddenly said to Mu Chen while gritting his teeth.

 

Mu Chen's eyes narrowed slightly. In the original plot, Mu Chen was furious because Zhuang Yu returned his sword thus Mu Chen  fought with Chen Moran. Now instead of him challenging Chen Moran, Chen Moran was the one starting a fight.

"Busy." Mu Chen said without hesitation.

 

In the original plot, Chen Moran and the original owner were both hurt during the fight. But for the  current Mu Chen who had just come to this world, he was still getting used to his body and martial arts he had. If he fought with Chen Moran, he would definitely lose. He did not want to get hurt on the first day of being in this world.

 

Chen Moran sneered and said, "You coward."

Zhuang Yu pulled Chen Moran's sleeve and said, "Moran, stop it."

 

Mu Chen gave Chen Moran a light glance and was about to leave.

"Mr. Mu." Zhuang Yu stopped Mu Chen who was about to leave.

Mu Chen turned around, looked at Zhuang Yu, and asked, "Yes?"

Zhuang Yu looked at Mu Chen with a bit of guilt in his eyes, "I'm sorry. But there are things that I can’t do against my will."

 

Mu Chen smiled and said, "I see."

Mu Chen went away with Ren Three. Ren Three looked at Mu Chen with a lot of thoughts on his mind.

Chen Moran was full of disdain as he watched Mu Chen leaving. Chen Moran thought to himself: In just a few days, Mu Chen is getting more and more coward.

 

6. Trouble from Inside and Outside the Family

Zhuang Yu was surprised that Mu Chen left without paying extra attention to him.

Chen Moran caught Zhuang Yu’s reaction and felt resentful.

"Yu, what's wrong with you?" Chen Moran grabbed Zhuang Yu's hand and asked.

Zhuang Yu smiled lightly and said, "Nothing. I just feel that Mu Chen's attitude towards me seems to have changed. Maybe he won't pester me again in the future."

Zhuang Yu felt complicated. He had always hated Mu Chen for he constantly begging for his attention. But today Mu Chen had changed, which somehow disappoint Zhuang Yu.

 

Chen Moran frowned in disdain and said, "Yu, don't you know Mu Chen yet? He is just a stubborn person. I bet he is playing hard to get so that he can win your attention. "

Zhuang Yu glanced at Chen Moran and asked, "He is playing hard to get?"

 

"Yes. I've known this guy for more than ten years. As soon as his eyebrows move, I know what he wants to do." Chen Moran said proudly.

 

A tinge of disdain surged inside Zhuang Yu’s mind after Chen Moran's explanation. He looked at the direction where Mu Chen had left, a bit of disgust appeared in his eyes.

 

…………

Mu Yuanhang frowned as he was listening to his subordinate's report, "Mu Chen and Chen Moran had a conflict, but they didn't fight."

"Yes." The scout who secretly kept an eye on Mu Chen said.

Mu Yuanhang squinted his eyes and said, "Mu Chen seemed to have changed!"

"Qi Four seems to be no longer Mu Chen’s favorite." The scout said.

"Is that so?" Mu Yuanhang said with resentment.

Qi Four must have failed to do a good job on pleasing Mu Chen. How could he give Mu Chen a chance to rehire Ren Three? He could hope that Qi Four did not raise Mu Chen’s suspicion.

"Off you go." Mu Yuanhang said.

The scout nodded and quietly backed out.

…………

As soon as Mu Chen returned to his own yard, a rare visitor, Mu Yuanhang was waiting for him.

"Uncle." Mu Chen greeted. The original owner remained a good bonding with Mu Yuanhang because Mu Yuanhang always spoiled the original owner.

"Chen, you're home." Mu Yuanhang said with a smile.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes!"

"How have you been recently?" Mu Yuanhang asked.

"Not bad." Mu Chen said lightly.

"You are one of our Mu family, and the Mu family always gets your back. You can do whatever you want to. The entire Mu family will protect you. You don't have to be afraid of anything." Mu Yuanhang said.

 

Mu Chen smiled shyly and said, "I know."

 

A feeling of disdain bloomed in Mu Chen's heart, and he thought to himself: Mu Yuanhang might have heard that he did not fight with Chen Moran today. In Mu Yuanhang’s opinion, Mu Chen should have fought with Chen Moran, but he did not accept the challenge. It was a shame to Mu family.

"I heard that you rehired Ren Three. I thought you don’t like him.” Mu Yuanhang said.

Mu Chen shrugged and answered, "Although Ren Three is not really bright minded, he is a big help during a fight. Not like Qi Four who keeps distance from the fight and counts on me for protecting him. How could a master protect a servant? Who does he think he is?” Mu Chen said with disgust.

Qi Four had been eavesdropping the conversation at a secret corner. When he heard what Mu Chen was saying, his face turned pale.

 

Other servants, who seemed to be busy with their work but were actually eavesdropping the conversation too, came up with ideas and conclusions.

"Qi Four is too young and timid." Mu Yuanhang said lightly.

Mu Chen snorted coldly and said, "Yes. He is timid. That is why I get myself a brave servant. I don’t need a timid servant.”

 

As Mu Chen was in bad mood, Mu Yuanhang smiled and said, "You are the master to make the decision."

 

5