17-18
384 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

17. Eavesdropping

"Mu Chen, what are you doing recently? I haven't seen you in a while," Zhuang Yu asked with blinking eyes.

"I'm planning to learn alchemy with my father recently." Mu Chen took a sip of his tea and said plainly.

Zhuang Yu frowned and felt so strange. If he asked Mu Chen one question before, Mu Chen would be flattered and would try his best to please him.
Playing hard-to-get might be a good trick. But if it was used quite often, it might not be useful.

Chen Moran sneered, "When did you become interested in alchemy? Just because your father is an alchemist, it doesn’t mean that you can become an alchemist too. Only those with talent can succeed in alchemy.”

Mu Chen smiled lightly and said, "I just wanted to try."

"Much Chen, you are a nine-star martial art pupil now." Sun Yu surprisingly found.

A cold light flashed in Chen Moran's eyes. He was now an eight-star martial art pupil. He had always promoted to the next level before Mu Chen. Unexpectedly, Mu Chen was one level higher than him now. Chen Moran was so jealous. 

"Mu Chen, did you take any elixirs? We are all martial art pupils. Taking medicines that accelerate the speed of cultivation is not a good thing. Side effect will follow.” Chen Moran said jealously.

Mu Chen's eyes flashed a trace of evil spirit, "Thank you so much for your concern. I know what I'm doing."

Chen Moran shrugged and said, "You don’t have to put on the attitude towards me. I'm saying this for your own good."

Mu Chen forced a smile as a response.

"Mu Chen, how many elementary stones do you have now?" Chen Moran asked.

Mu Chen raised his eyes and said, "Not many."

Chen Moran had a quick look at Zhuang Yu before he said to Mu Chen, "Yu wants Ice Lotus Water. Can you lend me all the elementary stones you have? I will give them back when I have star crystals."

Mu Chen shot Chen Moran a cold look, and said, "Brother Chen, you think too highly of me. How can I have elementary stones to lend you?"

What does he have anything to do with Zhuang Yu’s Ice Lotus Water?

In the original plot, Zhuang Yu had always hated Mu Chen for being around and pestering him. Zhuang Yu was one of the reason why Mu Chen was killed. Therefore, he did not want Zhuang Yu to get the Ice Lotus Water. The stronger Zhuang Yu became, the more dangerous he would be.

Chen Moran said disapprovingly, "Doesn't your father love you? If you ask him, he will give you a lot."

Mu Chen was the only son of Mu Yuanfeng. Chen Moran on the other hand had a few siblings. Although Chen Moran was also from a wealthy family, he was not his father’s favorite. Chen Moran had always been jealous of Mu Chen because Mu Chen lived a better life than him.

"My father’s elementary stone didn't come from out nowhere. He earns them with hard work. How can he give me every time I ask?!" Mu Chen said.

"Mu Chen, are you going to help or not?" Chen Moran asked.

Mu Chen shrugged and said, "It's not that I don't want to help, but there is nothing I can do."

Ye Shi eavesdropped the whole conversation at a corner.

Mu Chen looked in Ye Shi's direction and happened to see into Ye Shi’s eyes. Ye Shi blushed. Mu Chen smiled at Ye Shi.

Ye Shi pursed his lips and his face turned pink.

Chen Da saw Ye Shi leaving and asked, "What do you think of Master Mu Chen?”

"Terrible." Ye Shi pouted.

"Terrible? How?" Chen Da asked.

Ye Shi pursed his lips and said, "He didn't know how to manage his spending. He spent out all his money and now he doesn’t even have money to please the man he likes. Among Zhuang Yu’s admirers, he has no hope to win if he has no money to spend.” 

Chen Da smiled and said, "It seems that Mu Chen has no feelings for Zhuang Yu anymore."

Ye Shi said, "Even if he doesn't feel anything for Zhuang Yu, there are others."

 

18. Much-steeled Physical Fitness

Mu Chen left after having an unpleasant conversation with Chen Moran and the others. Sitting in the carriage, Mu Chen felt very gloomy.

Zhuang Yu was indeed not a simple character. Just because he was unwilling to give out elementary stones, others had a problem with him. He was suddenly hated by others.

Zhuang Yu had huge fluence. If he really held a grudge against Zhuang Yu, maybe in less than three years, Zhuang Yu's admirers would kill him.

Mu Chen closed his eyes and took a deep breath. If he was strong enough, there would be nothing he should be worried about.

Mu Chen took out a book named Much-steeled Physical Fitness from the space ring.

Mu Chen's physical condition was not very good, so Mu Yuanfeng did everything possible to find this Much-steeled Physical Fitness for Mu Chen, hoping it could help Mu Chen exercise.

Although this Much-steeled Physical Fitness was very effective, Mu Chen had to undergo huge pain. Therefore, Mu Chen threw the book at a corner and never read it again after practicing once.

Mu Chen squinted his eyes. The original owner really didn't understand how much Mu Yuanfeng did for him. As far as he knew, Mu Yuanfeng had worked hard for this book. Otherwise, Mu Yuanfeng might have promoted to Martial Art Spirit.

Mu Chen rubbed the Much-steeled Physical Fitness, and there was a bit of coldness in his eyes. Mu Chen only had the first half of the Much-steeled Physical Fitness. Although there was only half part, it contained complicated and extraordinary skills in it.

Two years later, a gorgeous young man would be looking for this book, and this person would meet Zhuang Yu. Zhuang Yu and that person would fall in love at first sight. The two would quickly hook up. That person was one of Zhuang Yu's real boyfriends. Zhuang Yu would know by chance that his sweetheart was looking for this book and Zhuang Yu would learn that Mu Chen had this book.

Therefore, Zhuang Yu would ask Mu Chen for this book and the original Mu Chen would hand over this book to please Zhuang Yu.

Mu Chen closed book. There were bursts of coldness in his eyes. Damn it!

"Ren Three." Mu Chen opened the curtain and called.

Ren Three looked back at Mu Chen and asked, "Master, what's the matter?"

"We are not going home. Let’s go to the beast trading market." Mu Chen said. Practicing Much-steeled Physical Fitness required a lot of beast blood. So Mu Chen had to purchase a lot.

Ren Three nodded and said, "Yes, master."

 

 

 

…………
"Stone, the chef is looking for you." Amu looked at Ye Shi with some envy.

Ye Shi skillfully cut the meat based on different categories. The shape and size of each piece of meat were almost the same.

Ye Shi looked up and said, "Why is the chef looking for me?"

Amu shook his head and said, "I don't know! You will know if you go meet him."

In this world, spiritual chefs were highly respected. The energy contained in beast meat was potent. Eating too much beast meat may easily damage human body. Spiritual chefs could not only make delicious dishes, but also alleviate the energy in beast meat.

The more advanced the spiritual chef was, the higher the level of beast meat he could cook.

"Stone." Wang Lun looked over and called Ye Shi.

Ye Shi rubbed his hands together and said nervously, "Chef, are you looking for me?"

Wang Lun smiled and said, "Don't be so nervous. I heard that you can distinguish different qualities of beast meat."

Ye Shi said embarrassedly, “Yes, but I am not that good at it and I often make mistakes.”

Wang Lun smiled and said, "You are being modest. In my opinion, you are quite observant."

Ye Shi smiled shyly and said, "Thank you, senior."

"I'm going out to buy edible beasts. You can come along." Wang Lun said with a smile.

Ye Shi couldn’t believe what he just heard. He said, "Can I?"

"Sure." Wang Lun said with a light smile.

 

 

 

7