19-20
374 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

19. Trading Market

 

Mu Chen walked around in the beast trading market.

"New arrival. Authentic Xiangshan pig beast. Look. What a strong pig! Its meat must be chewy.” 

"Sanhua chicken, off sale. Last ten Sanhua chickens. One elementary stone for each!"

"Excellent crane-beaked turtle! Nourishes yin and yang! Two elementary stones for one! Best deal!"

Most of the beasts available in the trading market were at level-one, which was equivalent to human’s martial art pupil. As long as you had money, it was not difficult to buy a second-level beast. Usually, the second-level beasts were put on a ring around its food. Thanks to the ring, the beast had no power to attack others.

…………
"I heard that Young Master Mu Chen is also here. He has changed a lot recently. His strength has also been promoted from a seven-star martial art pupil to a nine-star martial art pupil." Wang Lun said with a smile.

Ye Shi said disapprovingly, "He is just a nine-star martial art pupil. Any other people for a wealthy family at his age would have become warriors long ago.” 

If Ye Shi was as lucky as Mu Chen, he would definitely not only be a two-star warrior, but at least a five-star.

Wang Lun glanced at Ye Shi and said with a smile, "Stone, you seem to have some prejudice against Young Master Mu Chen!"

Ye Shi smiled awkwardly and said, "No, I don’t!"

"Stone, you are quite talented. Have you considered joining an aristocratic family?" Wang Lun asked.

Ye Shi pursed his lips and said, "I don't like being controlled."

Ye Shi gritted his teeth. He lived in a difficult life in the Ye family. Ye Shi once considered leaving the Ye family and joining other families. But no matter how unfavored he was in the Ye family, he was still known as a member of the Ye family. Other families would not accept him easily. Even if they accepted him, they would not really trust him.
What's more, he was not only a member of the Ye family, but also Mu Chen's fiancée.

Ye Shi looked in Mu Chen's direction.

When Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen, Mu Chen happened to look over. Their eyes met. Mu Chen put on a big smile at Ye Shi.
Ye Shi shot a glare at Mu Chen.

Mu Chen frowned. He couldn’t understand why. How could someone reject a big smile? Perhaps smile was not popular in this world?

"Master, have you offended that versatile?" Ren Three asked.

Mu Chen was surprised and said, "Is that a versatile?"

Ren Three nodded and said, "Yes! Although he is a bit masculine, he is indeed a versatile."

Mu Chen was surprised, "Really? I really can't tell."

"..."

"What is Mu Chen doing here? Get a beast and give it to his sweetheart?" Ye Shi said, tilting his head.

Wang Lun said, "I heard that he is buying beast blood."

"Beast blood? Is he going to make blood tofu?" Ye Shi muttered.

Blood tofu was Ye Shi’s favorite food. Ye Shi only got a limited share of beast meat since he was a child. Fortunately, the chef of the Ye family was close to Ye Shi. The chef made a lot of blood tofu for Ye Shi.

Ye Shi pursed his lips and said, "I see."

 

…………
"Master, here are 10 catties of pig blood, 10 catties of snake blood, 10 catties of chicken blood, 10 catties of sheep blood, and 10 catties of tiger blood. A total of 200 elementary stones." Ren Three said to Mu Chen.

Mu Chen narrowed his eyes and said, "Why does it so expensive?"

Ren Three nodded and said, "The price of tiger blood is relatively expensive."

Mu Chen nodded and said, "I see." Cultivation cost a lot of money. Cultivating the Much-steeled Physical Fitness required beast blood to temper physical fitness and tiger blood was a must.

 

 

20. Got Rejected!

Ye Shi’s eyes brightened as he saw the Sanhua chicken.

Ye Shi liked chicken very much. When Ye Shi's mother was alive, Ye Shi could eat a tender and juicy chicken leg almost every day. It was the happiest time for Ye Shi. Whenever he recalled those days, he couldn’t help but smiling.

"Do you like this Sanhua chicken? I'll buy it for you." Mu Chen stood beside Ye Shi and said.

Ye Shi, who was caught in the memory, was startled by Mu Chen. Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi with a smile and said, "Do you like it? It is a gift from me."

Ye Shi's face turned red because of anger.

"Save your time and tricks for your sweetheart. I don’t want it." Ye Shi said aggressively to Mu Chen.

Mu Chen was confused. Ye Shi glared at Mu Chen and walked away.

Mu Chen scratched his head in confusion. On his original world, homosexuality was not accepted by most people.

Mu Chen had a fantasy about handsome guys in magazines. However, in this new world, the convention here was completely different. Gay romance was as widely accepted as any other kind of romantic relationship. Mu Chen was thrilled about this.

Poor Mu Chen had never been in a relationship in his previous life. Now, when he learned to flirt with a man like the original Mu Chen, he was rejected directly.

Looking at the Sanhua chicken in the cage, Mu Chen rubbed his forehead. Flirting was very difficult!

Wang Lun asked Ye Shi, "Stone, what did Master Mu Chen tell you?"

Ye Shi pouted and said, "Nothing."

Mu Chen only spent one elementary stone for him to buy a Sanhua chicken. But he spent a lot of money for other people. How dared he dream about pleasing him with one elementary stone?

Looking at Ye Shi's back, Ren Three said, "Master, what's wrong with you?"

Mu Chen said, "That versatile is good, but he is a bit rude. I offered to buy him a chicken. He refused.  He clearly likes it very much."

Ren Three said helplessly, "Young master, I have never heard of anyone who gives a Sanhua chicken as a gift."

Mu Chen: "..." It seems it's his fault to be so unexperienced.

Ren Three muttered in mind: When did young master Mu Chen's type change?

 

…………
"Cousin Chen, you're back!" Mu Hong greeted.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes!"

" Cousin Chen, I have been lack of money recently. Can you lend me some?" Mu Hong said.

Mu Chen said lightly, "You must be joking. I don't have any spare money!"

Mu Hong said with disapproval, "You are not honest with me! You don't have so much money, how can you buy two-hundred-elementary-stone worth beast blood?"

"How do you know that I paid two hundred elementary stone?" Mu Chen asked.

Mu Hong smiled and said, "I guess it takes that much."

Mu Chen looked at Mu Hong as if he was worshiping Mu Hong, and said, "You guess it right."

Mu Hong was embarrassed. He said, "Can you lend me some? I will pay you back after I win."

Mu Chen said disapprovingly, "You lose nine out of ten bets. You should stop gambling.”

Mu Hong liked to gamble and often dragged Mu Chen into gambling. After Mu Chen lost a lot of elementary stones, he gradually lost interest in gambling.

Mu Hong said seriously, "How can you say that? Are you cursing me?"

"Chen." Mu Yuanfeng walked out at the time.

Mu Hong was mortified when he saw Mu Yuanfeng. He excused himself for leaving.

Looking at Mu Hong's back, Mu Yuanfeng felt so disappointed and sad. Mu Yuanhang had become more and more absurd. Fortunately, his son had changed into a better person. 

 

 

 

5