21-22
356 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

21. Fiancée

"Master, have you met Master Mu Chen today?" Chen Da asked.

Ye Shi frowned and said, "Uncle Chen, didn't I tell you? Don't call me master. Call me Stone. Do you know any other young master who is a kitchen help? People will laugh about it."

Chen Da said angrily, "You are changing the topic. Did you see Master Mu Chen?"

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes!"

"What did Master Mu Chen say?!" Chen Da asked hotly.

Ye Shi pouted and said, "He offered to send me a Sanhua chicken as a gift."

"Did you accept it?" Chen Da asked.

"No! Of course not. Why should I accept his gift? And he said he would only give one chicken, one single cheap chicken. He is so stingy. I bet that such a small chicken might cost him three days to finish it.” Ye Shi said sarcastically.

Chen Da, "..."

 

 

    …………

 

"Father, are you looking for me?" Mu Chen asked.

Mu Yuanfeng nodded and said, "There is something I’d like to talk with you. Your fiancée is in the city of Mo.”

Mu Chen frowned.

"He's here?" Mu Chen felt embarrassed just thinking about a fiancée he had never met before.

Mu Yuanfeng nodded and said, "Yes. He has been quite a few days."

"Since he's here, why didn't he come to visit us?" Mu Chen asked.

Mu Yuanfeng smiled bitterly and said, "Actually, he already did. But he was shut out by the ignorant doorman."

"Where is he now?" Mu Chen froze for a moment and asked with a frown. No matter what, it was the Mu family who were at fault to shut the man out.

Mu Yuanfeng shook his head and said, "He is now working as a deboner at Yuehe Restaurant, for one elementary stone a day."

"Yuehe Restaurant." Mu Chen was surprised.

Was it him? Mu Chen shook his head in his mind. Impossible! The story mentioned that Mu Chen's fiancée was an ugly versatile. Mu Chen almost fainted from fright the first time they met. But the man he saw was exceptionally handsome.

Mu Chen frowned and said, "Isn't he a versatile? How could he work as a deboner?" The pay was only one elementary stone a day. Was his life that difficult?

Mu Chen had long heard that his fiancée was not favored in the family. It was beyond Mu Chen’s imagination that his fiancee could work as a low-class deboner at a restaurant.

As far as Mu Chen knew, in this world, verstiles did not usually show up on public occasions. But his fiancee ended up doing butcher’s job at a restaurant.

"I don't know the details." Mu Yuanfeng said.

"No matter what, you should go see him." Mu Yuanfeng said.
 

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes, father."

"I heard that you bought a lot of beast blood? Are you planning to hone your physical strength?" Mu Yuanfeng asked.
 

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes."

Mu Yuanfeng patted Mu Chen's shoulder and praised, "I am glad that you are mature."    Mu Yuanfeng was disappointed that his son refused to use the skills on the book he had tried everything to get. But he let the disappointment go as his son were practicing physical strength very hard.
 

"Father, I should have been mature long time ago." Mu Chen smiled.

Mu Yuanfeng patted Mu Chen on the shoulder and nodded in satisfaction.
 
22. Go away!

Mu Chen mixed the beast blood together, poured it into a wooden bucket, and then soaked himself in it. 

As soon as Mu Chen got into the wooden barrel, a severe pain quickly crawled over his body. Mu Chen gritted his teeth and said to himself, Actually, I shouldn't blame the original owner for not working hard because it really hurts! It hurt so much that he wanted to kill himself.

Mu Chen abruptly opened his eyes and determined to give it the best try.

Mu Chen gritted his teeth and reluctantly regained his consciousness. The original owner's fiancée was a two-star warrior! If he wanted to see him, he must at least improve his strength to the level of a warrior. In any case, he couldn’t be this bad!

Mu Chen closed his eyes and started to operate elementary force according to trick. Mu Chen was so intelligent that he found it easy to comprehend and learn the skills on the book.

The essence of the beast blood gradually merged into Mu Chen's body because Mu Chen could feel that as the beast blood entered his body, he became physically stronger.
As the beast blood essence in the wooden barrel was gradually consumed, the pain was gradually relieved.

Mu Chen kept running his elementary force, and he was immersed into the practice. Soon a crisp sound burst out of Mu Chen's body. It was a signal that he completed the first level of the Hundred Exercises.

After five hours, when the beast blood essence in the wooden barrel was completely absorbed, Mu Chen felt that he was reborn.

Mu Chen climbed out of the wooden barrel and glanced at the blood without essence in the wooden barrel with a sigh. The two hundred elementary stones he paid only last such a short time. 

A strange feeling surged from his heart. Mu Chen was delighted because it was a signal that he was going to promote. The Hundred Exercises was awesome. No wonder the real male protagonist used to strive for it.

With a wave of Mu Chen's hand, five hundred elementary stones appeared around Mu Chen. Mu Chen quickly absorbed the elementary force from the elementary stones.
A strong stream of elementary force quickly flooded into Mu Chen's body.

The feeling of elementary force pouring into his body was beautiful. Mu Chen felt that every pore in his body was soothed.

Once the power of the elementary stones was absorbed, they turned into powder.

Mu Chen had absorbed the energy of more than 300 elementary stones before entering the warrior level. Seeing the elementary stones that had been used up, Mu Chen frowned. He had splashed money on practice of the skill. It was only the first step to advance from a martial apprentice to a warrior, and he had to spend so many elementary stones. It explained why those from rich families improved faster than those from poor families.

"Is it over?" Mu Yuanfeng pushed open the door, walked in and asked.

Mu Chen's heart skipped a beat. Mu Yuanfeng should have been waiting outside for a long time. It looked like that Mu Yuanfeng was worried about him.

"Yes, father." Mu Chen said.

Mu Yuanfeng observed Mu Chen and said with some relief, "Finally, you are at level of warrior now!” 

Mu Chen smiled. It was not difficult for a martial art pupil to become a warrior. Especially for him who was from a rich family. Normally, those with sufficient resources, as long as their aptitude was not too bad, they could become a warrior after cultivating hard for a year or two. Some young people with excellent talent could become a warrior under the age of ten.

Mu Chen smiled and said, "Yes!"

Mu Yuanfeng looked at Mu Chen and said, "You should go meet Ye Shi. After all, he is your fiancée in name. We can’t leave him to be a butcher forever.” 

Mu Chen nodded and said, "I see."

 

…………
Mu Chen walked into the Yuehe Restaurant and happened to see Ye Shi walking out with dishes.

"Excuse me." Mu Chen grabbed Ye Shi and smiled.

Ye Shi frowned, shook his hand, and said, "What are you doing? What are you doing? Get your hand off me."

Mu Chen smiled awkwardly, let go of him, and said, "I'm sorry! Do you know Ye Shi?"

Ye Shi shot an angry stare at Mu Chen and said coldly, "I don't know."

Mu Chen frowned and pressed, "You don't know him? But I heard that he is here!"

Ye Shi squinted his eyes and said angrily, "You heard? What else did you hear?"

Mu Chen frowned and muttered, "I also heard that he is not good-looking." Perhaps Ye Shi used a fake name here, Mu Chen thought to himself.

Ye Shi's face sunk. He kicked Mu Chen.

"Why are you..." Kicking me? Since Ye Shi looked quite angry, Mu Chen was not sure if he should finish his complaint.

Ye Shi said with red eyes, grinding his teeth, "Go away!"

Mu Chen, "..."

"Stone, what are you doing? The chef wants to see you." Amu ran out and said.

Mu Chen frowned and said, "Your name is Stone, rendering Shi. And you are a two-star warrior." His fiancée, whom he had never met, was also a two-star warrior. Mu Chen couldn't see Ye Shi's level before. But he could after he advanced to the level of warrior, “Are you…?”

Ye Shi glared at Mu Chen and said, "Get out..." 

 

 

 

7