43-44
371 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

43. Auction Price

 Auction house.

"Master Mu, this is your document. The starting price for the Spirit-breaking Elixir is 400,000 elementary stones. If no one bids, the auction house will buy it at the starting price." Mr. Li, the person in charge of the auction house, said to Mu Yuanfeng respectfully.

"Thank you very much." Mu Yuanfeng said lightly.

"It is our honor that you trust us with your elixir. I should be the one thanking you instead." Old Li said.

Mu Yuanfeng smiled and said, "It's a pleasure to work with you."

Mr. Li handed a money card to Mu Yuanfeng, "Master Mu, there are already 400,000 elementary stones in this money card. After the auction is over, we will add the remaining amount to the card.”

Mu Yuanfeng nodded and said, "Thank you."

Mr. Li touched his chin and couldn’t control the smile on his lips. It was a pleasant surprise that someone actually auctioned Spirit-breaking Elixir in such a small city. To auction such an elixir would increase the popularity of the auction house.

"Mr. Li, what's going on with Mu Yuanfeng? Why doesn’t he keep this elixir to himself? He is already a nine-star martial art master. It shouldn't be long before he can use it." Yan Wu, the chief auctioneer of the auction house, asked as Mu Yuanfeng and Mu Chen left.

"Do you think he has a choice?" Mr. Li sneered.

Yan Wu frowned and said, "He doesn't?"

"If he had any other options, he would have done so.” Mr. Li squinted as he said.

Yan Wu did not understand. He said, "Are you saying that Mu Yuanfeng was forced to do so?"

"This kind of thing often happens in big families.” Mr. Li shook his head and said, "It’s none of our business. Anyway, this matter is beneficial to us."

After Mu Yuanfeng left the auction house with Mu Chen, they went to the black market.

"Father, what is this fire-melting liquid? It's worth 100,000 elementary stones." Mu Chen said.

Mu Yuanfeng smiled and said, "There are many special kinds of fire in the world, and every alchemist wants to absorb the fire for their own use. Harvesting the flame is a very dangerous thing, and the fire-melting liquid can reduce the danger of gathering the flame."

Mu Chen nodded in astonishment, "There is such a thing!"

Mu Yuanfeng looked at Mu Chen and said, "I'll buy this for you."

Mu Chen was shocked and said, "Father, that is too expensive."

Mu Yuanfeng said, "Don’t worry. If you are fortunate enough to absorb special fire in the future, 100,000 elementary stones is nothing compared to it."

After witnessing Mu Chen's talent, Mu Yuanfeng was convinced that his son was gifted for making alchemy. He felt guilty for neglecting Mu Chen before. Now when he saw something useful to Mu Chen, he would buy without hesitation.

Mu Chen frowned. He could make about fifty first-grade elixirs in one day. The price of one first-grade elixir was about ten elementary stones, making Mu Chen's daily income was about five hundred elementary stones. Five hundred elementary stones was a lot of money for ordinary people, but for the real rich people, it was just a drop in the bucket.

Mu Yuanfeng and Mu Chen bought a lot from the black market.

While they were shopping, the Mu family was undergoing a big drama.

"Father, Yuanfeng actually had the elixir auctioned at the auction house. He is really ridiculous. How can he do that?" Mu Yuanhang said angrily.

Mu Ke sighed lightly and said, "Jiyue Auction House has a great background. I'm afraid they won’t return it.”

Mu Yuanhang gritted his teeth. Everything went according to his expectations. However, after only half a day, everything changed. Mu Yuanfeng actually would rather give the elixir to the auction house for auction than helping him become a martial arts spirit.

Mu Yuanhang gritted his teeth, and a deep regret surged in his heart.

If he knew earlier, , he shouldn't have done so much useless work. If he knew earlier, he should have stolen the elixir himself and taken it.

Mu Ke closed his eyes and said, "Where is Yuanfeng now?"

"He has taken Chen to the black market." An elder said.

"How can he be in the mood to take his son to the black market?" Another elder who rooted for Mu Yuanhang said angrily.

Mu Yuanhang's eyes squinted. Originally everything went smoothly. It seemed that since Mu Chen was rejected by Zhuang Yu, Mu Chen changed drastically and everything was out of his control.

 

 

 

 

44. The Argue between Brothers

Ye Shi returned to the restaurant and started packing.

Chen Da frowned and said, "Stone, are you going to move to Mu's house?"

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes."

"Stone, why did you suddenly listen to master Chen?" Chen Da asked.

Ye Shi pouted and said, "I am not listening to him. I met his father, and his father asked me to move in Mu's house."

Chen Da was stunned for a moment, then said excitedly, "Have you seen his father?"

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes!"

"What is his impression on you?" Chen Da asked nervously. Mu Yuanfeng was a third-level alchemist and a nine-star martial art master. Since Ye He passed away, nine-star martial art master was the highest grade in the Ye family.

"Impression? I don't know. He didn't say it." Ye Shi scratched his head and said.

Chen Da looked at Ye Shi and said helplessly, "You don't know? How come? You don’t need to be told. You just need to observe with your own eyes.” 

Ye Shi said frustrated, “I don’t know how to observe.”

Chen Da, "..."

 

…………

When Mu Yuanfeng brought Mu Chen back, Mu Ke, Mu Yuanhang and several elders in the family gathered together.

Mu Yuanfeng smiled lightly and said, "What is this for? Is it a tribunal?"

Mu Ke looked at Mu Yuanfeng, frowned, and said, "Yuanfeng, why did you sell the Spirit-breaking Elixir to the auction house?"

"The price offered by Lan Ruofeng is too low. I don't like it." Mu Yuanfeng said coolly.

"You don’t have to sell it. You know what it means to have one more martial art master in the family." Mu Ke said coldly.

Mu Yuanfeng squinted his eyes and said, "Of course I know what it means to have one more martial arts master in the family, and I also didn't want to sell it. However, the news has spread out. What can I do?"

"You..." Mu Ke looked at Mu Yuanfeng and sighed helplessly.

Mu Yuanfeng stood with his hands on his back in the lobby. He and Mu Yuanhang were half-brothers. Mu Yuanhang's biological mother was more favored by Mu Ke thus he also always favored Mu Yuanhang.

Mu Ke sighed lightly, looked at Mu Yuanfeng and Mu Yuanhang, and held his forehead in disappointment.

His two sons had great talents. Unfortunately, Mu Yuanhang had always been jealous of Mu Yuanfeng, and had done a lot of things in secret to harm Mu Yuanfeng. Fortunately, Mu Yuanfeng did not fight back aggressively for the sake of their brotherhood. However, this time, Mu Yuanfeng was different.

Mu Ke looked at Mu Yuanfeng and looked down helplessly. If Mu Yuanfeng kept the elixir, he would force Mu Yuanfeng to give it out for the sake of the family.

"Yuanfeng, you have gone too far." Mu Yuanhang said.

"Me? Have gone too far? I made the elixir. I am the one to decide how to deal with the elixir.” Mu Yuanfeng said coldly to Mu Yuanhang.

Mu Yuanhang looked at Mu Yuanfeng and said helplessly, "You have a prejudice against me, but you can't ignore the interests of the family!"

Mu Yuanfeng sneered and said, "I'm not ignoring the big picture of the family. But if the secret was not leaked, I would rather put the family as our first priority.” 

Mu Yuanhang clenched his fist tightly. When did Mu Yuanfeng become so sharp?

Mu Yuanhang didn't know that Mu Yuanfeng was originally unhappy because he saw no hope in Mu Chen before. But now Mu Chen had changed, Mu Yuanfeng deeply regrated that his son had wasted so many years and he hated that Mu Yuanhang who had misguided his son. Therefore, he hated Mu Yuanhang now. 

“I know you hate me, but..." Mu Yuanhang said.

"What? I hate you? Why should I hate you? Were you the one who spread the secret?” Mu Yuanfeng asked coldly.

Mu Yuanhang frowned and said, "Be careful with what you say."

Mu Yuanfeng squinted his eyes and said, "If you be careful with whatever you say, so will I.”

"You..." Mu Yuanhang squinted. Mu Yuanfeng had changed a lot. For the first time, Mu Yuanhang couldn’t see through Mu Yuanhang and Mu Chen.

"Enough! Have you two argued enough?" Mu Ke slapped the table heavily and said seriously.

Both Mu Yuanfeng and Mu Yuanhang closed their mouths. 

 

6