45-46
367 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

45. Elixir Auction

Right after Mu Yuanfeng left the auction house, and the auction house promoted the Spirit-breaking Elixir.

For a while, the news that Jiyue Auction House was about to auction a Spirit-breaking Elixir was widely spread.

The Jiyue Auction House just held a large-scale auction. Many people from other cities who came to participate in the auction were still in City of Mo. The Spirit-breaking Elixir attracted the attention of countless people.

It was normal that a nine-star martial art masters got stuck on that grade for a few years, or decades. Thus the Spirit-breaking Elixir was a must-have for them to fight for. Lan Ruofeng was in terrible mood. His family gave him 500,000 elementary stones to buy the Spirit-breaking Elixir that Mu Yuanfeng made. Unfortunately, he already spent 50,000.

Lan Ruofeng had assumed that if he offered a price of 350,000, and then put a little pressure on Mu Yuanfeng before he bought the elixir to the final price of 450,000. Unexpectedly, Mu Yuanfeng had the elixir auctioned. 

"Ruofeng, are you in a bad mood?" Zhuang Yu asked.

Lan Ruofeng smiled and said, "No."

Zhuang Yu looked at Lan Ruofeng and said, "Ruofeng, if you have any unhappy things, you can tell me, and I can help you."

Lan Ruofeng nodded and said, "I know."

Lan Ruofeng frowned. Before he had left for City of Mo this time, he promised his father that he would bring back the Spirit-breaking Elixir. Now, the Spirit-breaking Elixir was about to be auctioned. It was unlikely that he could buy it at the price of 450,000 elementary stones.

Zhuang Yu looked at Lan Ruofeng's gloomy face and guessed that Lan Ruofeng was probably worried about the Spirit-breaking Elixir. He could not understand why Mu Yuanfeng would rather give the Spirit-breaking Elixir to the auction house than sell it to Ruofeng. Ruofeng was from Lan family, one of the major family in City of Jing.

If Mu Yuanfeng sold the elixir to Lan Ruofeng, the Lan family would definitely thank Mu Yuanfeng. It did not happen a lot to make Lan family owe them. If he met Mu Chen, he would persuade him. 

If Mu Chen was still the original owner, he might have been convinced by Zhuang Yu and try to persuade Mu Yuanfeng. But now it was impossible.

 

 

…………

"Stone, do you know about Spirit-breaking Elixir?" Chen Da asked, frowning.

Ye Shi frowned and remembered that Lan Ruofeng and Mu Yuanfeng seemed to be talking about the Spirit-breaking Elixir that day. At that time, Mu Yuanfeng seemed to be in bad mood.

"I'm not sure about it." Ye Shi said.

Chen Da frowned and said, "It is so strange. The Mu family must be in a mess."

Ye Shi was confused, "Why do you say that?"

Chen Da squinted his eyes and said, "Mu Yuanfeng handed over the elixir to the auction house. But the Mu family seems to be raising elementary stones now in an attempt to buy the elixir."

Ye Shi's eyes were wide open. He asked in disbelief, "How could that be?" Auction house was not a philanthropist. They earned a 10% commission from the auction proceeds. Mu Yuanfeng sold the elixir on the auction and the Mu family bid for it.

Chen Da shrugged and said, "That's why I said that the Mu family is not at peace now. It seems that the Mu family wants to buy the elixir for Mu Yuanhang. The two brothers were not on the same side!"

Ye Shi scratched his head. Mu Yuanfeng would hand over the elixir to the auction, probably because he was dissatisfied with the Mu family. What actually going on with the Mu family? Would he and Mu Chen can still be engaged?

"Uncle Chen, is Spirit-breaking Elixir valuable?" Ye Shi asked.

Chen Da nodded and said, "Of course it is valuable. Its market value is 300,000 elementary stones. But on the auction, I'm afraid it might exceed a million."

Ye Shi was shocked, "That much?"

Chen Da nodded and said, "Of course."

Ye Shi flickered his eyes and said, "I can't make that much money in my life."

Chen Da shook his head and said, "It's a business of the Mu family. It's none of our business. Let's move into the Mu’s house first."

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Alright."

"Stone, Master Mu Chen is here." Amu walked in and said.

Ye Shi said, "He's here? Why is he here?"

Mu Chen walked in, looked at Ye Shi, and said, "Have you packed up? If you have packed up, come with me."

"I have. There is nothing much to pack, " Ye Shi said lightly.

Mu Chen reached out and said, "Give me your bags."

"Can you carry them?" Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen suspiciously.

Mu Chen took over Ye Shi's luggage, threw it into his space ring, and waved his hand towards Ye Shi proudly.

Ye Shi was amazed by Mu Chen's ring and said, "How convenient!"

Mu Chen caressed the ring around his finger and said, "This ring only has a capacity of one cubic meter. When I make money, I'll buy you a big one."

Ye Shi pursed his lips, looked at Mu Chen suspiciously, and said, "When you make money, when will that be?" A space ring cost thousands of elementary stones. Mu Chen was obviously joking.

Mu Chen, "..."

"Stone, don't look down on me! I'm learning alchemy right now. Do you know alchemy? It's a craft that can make a lot of money." Mu Chen said smugly.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "I know. It is a money-making thing. But also you have to invest a lot of money on it at first. From what I heard, you have used up a lot of spirit herbs, but you haven't made a single elixir."

"Stone, in fact, I can already make elixirs. My father said I have talent." Mu Chen said.

Ye Shi said, "Really? Your father is a great father. He even comforted you against his will even though you are such a bad alchemist."

Mu Chen, "..."

Chen Da kept giving Ye Shi a signal to stop Ye Shi. However, Ye Shi focused on joking with Mu Chen, and didn't notice Chen Da who was so anxious to make him stop saying anything.

"Let's go." Mu Chen took Ye Shi's hand and said.

Ye Shi did not do anything while Muchen held his hand. Mu Chen was surprised that Ye Shi behaved when he held his hand. 

Lan Ruofeng and Zhuang Yu were walking on the street when they saw Mu Chen walked out holding Ye Shi's hand.

Zhuang Yu frowned when he saw this. It seemed that Ye Shi and Mu Chen were getting closer. What the hell was Mu Chen thinking about? Was it necessary to be so serious in a fake relationship?

Ye Shi felt obnoxious at the sight of Zhuang Yu, but felt the opposite when he saw Lan Ruofeng.

"Young Master Chen." Zhuang Yu subconsciously called out to stop Mu Chen.

Mu Chen looked at Zhuang Yu and said impatiently, "Is there something you want to talk to me?"

Zhuang Yu pursed his lips. It had been so long that Mu Chen had kept a distance from him. Zhuang Yu felt like he was pleasing Mu Chen, but he did not want to give up on Mu Chen.

"Where are you guys going?" Zhuang Yu asked.

"Stone agreed to move into Mu's house. I am taking him to my house." Mu Chen said.

Zhuang Yu frowned and looked at Ye Shi with disgust.

Zhuang Yu's admirers never made Zhuang Yu angry and always flattered him. But Ye Shi was different. Ye Shi was disgusted with Zhuang Yu.

"Mu Chen, let's go. Didn't you tell me that we are about to have lunch at your house? And you especially arranged a dish of roasted baby pig for me?" Ye Shi said intimately, holding Mu Chen's arm

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi's big sparkling puppy eyes and wondered if Ye Shi was begging for his attention. He is so cute.

"Young Master Zhuang, excuse us. We have to go now.” Mu Chen said lightly to Zhuang Yu.

Zhuang Yu looked at Mu Chen and said, "Mu Chen, if you want to get your grandfather's attention, there are many other ways. There's no need to sacrifice yourself."

Mu Chen frowned and looked at Zhuang Yu in confusion, "What are you talking about?"

Ye Shi did not want Mu Chen to spend more time with Zhuang Yu. Therefore, he pulled Mu Chen’s arm and said, "Let's go, I'm hungry."

Mu Chen immediately put Zhuang Yu aside as Ye Shi was hungry, “I'm sorry. Let's go first."

Ye Shi rested his head on Mu Chen's arm affectionately, looked back, and made a face at Zhuang Yu.

Zhuang Yu’s face turned pale when he saw Ye Shi's smiling face. Was Ye Shi challenging him? How could such an ugly man do that to him? And how could Mu Chen not do the same to him before?  

Looking at Ye Shi's back, Lan Ruofeng felt sour in his mind, as if someone had stolen his belongings.

As soon as they were out of Zhuang Yu’s sight, Ye Shi immediately let go of Mu Chen's arm making Mu Chen felt like he had been taken advantage of.

" Mu Chen, if you want to get your grandfather's attention, there are many ways. There's no need to sacrifice yourself. Stone, do you know why Zhuang Yu say so?” Mu Chen asked.

Ye Shi said, "I don't know. How would I know what he meant?"

Mu Chen shook his head and said, "Forget it. Forget the whole thing.” Zhuang Yu was the protagonist of the original story. Perhaps even his way of thinking was different.

Since Mu Chen stopped asking questions, Ye Shi breathed a sigh of relief, but he still felt upset.

 

 

46. Zhuang Yu’s Admirers 

 

"Lan Ruofeng." Thinking of Lan Ruofeng, Ye Shi frowned.

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and asked, "What's wrong with him?"

Ye Shi shook his head and said, "I don't know. Zhuang Yu mentioned that he is an alchemist." Ye Shi didn't tell Mu Chen that his heart kept telling him to love Lan Ruofeng. It was like a spell.

Mu Chen said angrily, "He is just an unsophisticated alchemist."

"He is unsophisticated? He is already a second-level alchemist. Look at you. You haven’t made a single first-grade elixir. You are the unsophisticated one.” Ye Shi argued.

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and reminded himself to hurry up to start skills of second-level elixirs, He could not be looked down upon by his fiancée.

"I will surpass him sooner or later." Mu Chen vowed.

Ye Shi frowned and said, "Does he know any of psychedelic skills?”

Mu Chen was confused, "Psychedelic skill? What are you talking about?"

Ye Shi explained, "Because he looks handsome and charming. People are willing to get close to him at first sight. So I'm wondering if he knows any psychedelic skills.”

"Do you think he is handsome and attractive? I don't think so at all." Mu Chen frowned, staring at Ye Shi.

Ye Shi pursed his lip and looked down in embarrassment. Ye Shi played with his fingers in uneasiness. Mu Chen had done so much for him, but his heart beat fast for another man.

"Lan Ruofeng is a hypocrite. Don't be deceived by him." Mu Chen sighed lightly and said seriously.

In the original story, Zhuang Yu's admirers were young and had promising future. They were great keepers. Therefore, they were popular among other people too. 

Unfortunately, they only cared about Zhuang Yu. Any people who got close to them would be treated brutally.

According to the original story, when Lan Ruofeng was practicing, he would meet a man named Ye Yanxing. Lan Ruofeng would rescue Ye Yanxing by chance.

Since then, Ye Yanxing would fall in love with Lan Ruofeng desperately. He would do anything for Lan Ruofeng. 

Knowing that Lan Ruofeng needed special fire to make alchemy, Ye Yanxing willingly to even risked his life to collect special Green Hell flames.

Lan Ruofeng didn't like Ye Yanxing, but he was grateful for Ye Yanxing's kind gesture. Therefore, he accepted the Green Hell flame in order not to break Ye Yanxing’s heart. 

When Lan Ruofeng was in danger, Ye Yanxing rescued him several times. However, no matter how much Lan Ruofeng owed Ye Yanxing, Lan Ruofeng still loved Zhuang Yu.

Ye Yanxing was described as a despicable, loutish, ugly man. He was jealous of Zhuang Yu because he loved Lan Ruofeng so much. He even become crazy and try to assassinate Zhuang Yu. However, he was caught and killed by Zhuang Yu’s admirer, Lu Yao.

After Lan Ruofeng found out, he sighed and buried Ye Yanxing, praying that he would not be so vicious in his next life.

The reason why Lan Ruofeng became an alchemy master was because of Ye Yanxing’s help. Ye Yanxing's bloodline was special because it could enhance elixir’s success rate and quality by adding his blood into the processing. In addition, Ye Yanxing's blood could help people absorb special fires.

Ye Shi frowned and said, "How did you know?"

"I just know. Anyway, stay away from him. He's not a good man." Mu Chen said coldly.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Okay. Is there a safe place in your house? I have something to tell you."

Mu Chen asked, "Are you going to share a secret with me?"

Ye Shi nodded, and said, "Kind of."

Mu Chen took Ye Shi's hand, "What are we waiting for? Let's go back quickly!"

"Has your grandfather gone out from his training room? Do I need to visit him?" Ye Shi asked.

Mu Chen frowned and said, "No need. He should be angry at this moment. He might vent his anger on you. So let’s wait for a couple of days.” 

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen and said, "Your grandfather is angry?"

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes!" Mu Ke seemed to treat Mu Yuanfeng and Mu Yuanhang equally on the surface, but, in fact, he favored Mu Yuanhang. Mu Ke was angry with Mu Yuanfeng because Mu Yuanfeng had the elixir auctioned.

Because of this, Mu Chen did not bother to care about what Mu Ke thought of him.

Ye Shi looked down and felt so sweet. Zhuang Yu was such a bad man. He talked nonsense. Mu Chen did not care about Mu Ke’s thoughts at all. How could Mu Chen sacrifice his marriage to please Mu Ke 

 

4