47-48
378 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

47. Fertility Inhibiting Pill

"What do you want to tell me?" Mu Chen took Ye Shi to the secret room and asked Ye Shi.

Ye Shi glanced around, making sure no one was eavesdropping, and said, "If you want to become an alchemist, do you need special fire?"

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes. If there is a strange fire, it will be much easier."

"I think I probably know where you can find a strange fire." Ye Shi said.

Mu Chen's eyes brightened, "You do? How do you know?" The information of special fire could be worth at least one hundred thousand elementary stones.

Ye Shi shrugged and said, "I read Green Hell flame in the diary my mother left me."

Mu Chen's heart pounded. Why Green Hell flame? The same strange fire that Ye Yanxing found for Lan Ruofeng?

"Stone, do you know a man named Ye Yanxing?" Mu Chen asked.

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen suspiciously and said, "How do you know my real name?"

"Ye Yanxing is your real name? Why did you change your name to Ye Shi?" Mu Chen frowned.

Ye Shi explained, "Because I suffered a serious illness when I was a child. One of my father’s concubines said that I need a cheap name which can make me live because I was born as an unfortunate man. So she changed my name to Ye Shi, which means I can live as toughly as a stone."

Ye Shi looked down. He was seriously ill because he was actually poisoned. Ye Shi suspected the criminal was the concubine who changed his name. But Ye Shi did not say anything because even if he did, his father would not believe a word. 

Mu Chen's face turned pale. Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen's face and felt worried.

"What's wrong with you?" Ye Shi asked.

Mu Chen grabbed Ye Shi's hand and said, "Stone, you must stay away from Lan Ruofeng, as far as you can. Ok?”

Ye Shi was confused why Mu Chen looked terrified. But he nodded and said, "Okay."

Mu Chen immediately hugged Ye Shi in his arms tightly.

Ye Shi couldn’t understand why Mu Chen did this and promised, "Okay, I'll stay away from him. He seems to know how to bewitch people."

Mu Chen clenched his fists. It was not bewitching. It was so-called destiny arranged by the original plot. 

Ye Shi took out a diary and said, "This is what my mother left me. It is a map about Green Hell flame."

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi, and a soft light flashed in his eyes. In the original plot, Ye Yanxing was a stubborn man. Once he fell in love with someone, his heart would never change. Therefore, Mu Chen had to make Ye Shi loves him.

Mu Chen looked at the map and said, "Thank you."

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen and said, "I don't know if this map is true or not."

"I'm happy enough that you share it with me." Mu Chen said with a smile.

Ye Shi’s stomach rumbled. Ye Shi blushed and looked at Mu Chen in embarrassment.

Mu Chen held Ye Shi's hand and said, "Let's go."

Ye Shi followed Mu Chen out.

"Glad to see you here, Stone!" Mu Yuanfeng greeted at Ye Shi.

Ye Shi was nervous to see Mu Yuanfeng. He greeted back, “Good day, Uncle Mu.”

Mu Yuanfeng said to Ye Shi, "Stone, I have already told the housekeeper that, from now on, like the juniors of the Mu family, you can get 300 elementary stones for monthly allowance."

"It is such an overwhelming honor. Sorry I can’t accept." Ye Shi was shocked. He was a son of his father’s lawfully main wife. He was supposed to have allowance. But he was not favored by the family. And even the servants did not treat him very well. After Ye He passed away, Ye Shi's allowance was deducted completely.

"You are Chen's fiancée. According to our family rule, you have a share of allowance. Since you two are too young, we will talk about your wedding after you promote to martial art master." Mu Yuanfeng said.

Ye Shi blushed and said, "The wedding can wait.” 

Mu Yuanfeng said to Ye Shi, "Stone, there is one thing you should know. Since Chen did not behave when he was younger, I was worried that he might indulge himself in having fun outside. So I made him take Fertility Inhibiting Pill."

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen in disbelief. Fertility Inhibiting Pill was a special kind of elixir which could restrain one’s sexual desire. But once he became a martial art master, the effect would invalidate.

One could cultivate faster as a virgin. In order to prevent their children from being obsessed with lust, some big families would use this pill on their children. 

Mu Chen blushed and glared at Mu Yuanfeng with complaint. "Father, we are going to have lunch."

Mu Yuanfeng shrugged and said, "Okay. Off you go.”

Ye Shi said, "Your father made you take Fertility Inhibiting Pill? Does it mean that you can’t perform so far?”

Mu Chen rolled his eyes and said, "It's only temporary." It explained why the original owner and Mu Yuanfeng were not close. Mu Yuanfeng was too cruel.

Ye Shi opened his eyes wide and said, "If you can't become a martial art master in your life, it means that you can’t perform for the rest of your life."

"Don't worry. I will become a martial art master as soon as possible." Mu Chen said.

Ye Shi asked, "What if you can’t?"

Mu Chen's face sunk. He said, "Why can I not?" He wasn't an idiot like the original owner. He was a genius in modern world where he already won a Nobel Prize in Physics.

Ye Shi shrugged and said, "Who knows?"

"Let's go. Can we drop this?” Mu Chen said while holding Ye Shi's hand.

Ye Shi glanced at Mu Chen from time to time, and muttered, "What a surprise!"

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and said, "What are you muttering about?"

Ye Shi shrugged and said, "I'm just surprised that you're still a virgin."

Mu Chen, "..."

"The food is about to get cold. Let's go." Mu Chen dragged Ye Shi forward.

Ye Shi stumbled to keep up with Mu Chen.

 

 

48. Auction of Spirit-breaking Elixir

At night.

Ye Shi tossed and turned on the bed, and chuckled from time to time.

Chen Da asked helplessly, "Stone, what is so funny?"

Ye Shi held his chin and said with smiling eyes, "Uncle Chen, do you know? Mu Chen is a virgin. He is still a virgin!”

In fact, Ye Shi had always been bothered by the scandals about Mu Chen in the past. He was thrilled that Mu Chen had never had sex with others.

Chen Da said in surprise, "No way. I heard that Master Mu Chen..." He likes to visit brothels!

"Uncle Mu Yuanfeng told me so. He can’t lie to me." Ye Shi smiled proudly.

Chen Da looked at Ye Shi and said, "Master Mu Chen treats you well. You should stop being mean to him.”

Ye Shi blinked and scratched his head, "Mu Chen said that he likes me for who I am."

Chen Da advised, "T's true that he likes you for who you are. But don’t take advantage of it."

Ye Shi felt secured. Mu Chen was too good to him. If Mu Chen had never cared about him so much, Ye Shi would not feel any difference if Mu Chen was not good to him. But since he received so much care from Mu Chen, Ye Shi would be heartbroken if he lost Mu Chen. "I..."

Chen Da looked at Ye Shi and said, "It's very late. Sleep."

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Okay. Uncle Chen, Uncle Mu Yuanfeng said that I can get 300 elementary stone every month as allowance. Uncle Mu is so kind to me."

"Mu Yuanfeng is good to you because you are Mu Chen's fiancée. Once your strength is improved, you can help Mu Chen in the future. You have also seen that the Mu family is not living peacefully." Chen Da reminded.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "I understand." No matter how good Mu Chen was to him, now he was living in the Mu’s house. To settle down in the Mu family, he had to do something that proved that he was worth it.

 

 

…………

"Morning! I made a cake for you. Uncle Chen said that the day Ren Three gave you the cake, you suddenly felt bad and shared the cake with others. Afterwards, you regretted it and kept biting your blanket." Mu Chen said to Ye Shi.

Ye Shi blushed and said angrily, "Uncle Chen is talking nonsense. I didn't bite any blanket. That's what children do."

Mu Chen shrugged and said, "Okay, you didn't bite the blanket. Why are you suddenly in a bad mood?"

"That's because..." Ye Shi said, "That's because Zhuang Yu said that you are ugly, disgusting, and weak, but you never stop pursuing him. I felt mad because of what he said. So, I was in a bad mood."

Mu Chen, "..." Stone could actually tell a lie. In the original plot, Zhuang Yu was supposed to be a man with integrity on the surface. Whatever Zhuang Yu thought of him deep inside, it was impossible for him to say it out loud.

But it was not surprising that Ye Shi would say this. In the original plot, Ye Shi was not supposed to be a good person, but a vicious cannon fodder who did everything to achieve his goals.

"Zhuang Yu is such a bad person!" Mu Chen nodded and agreed with Ye Shi.

Ye Shi nodded solemnly, stared at Mu Chen and said, "Yes. So you have to stay away from him, far away."

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and said, "As long as you stay far away from Lan Ruofeng, I will never talk to Zhuang Yu."

Ye Shi's eyes lit up. He nodded, and said, "Promise?"

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes, promise."

"What is this?" Ye Shi asked while looking at the red envelop in Mu Chen's hand.

"The invitation from the Jiyue Auction. Do you want to go?" Mu Chen asked.

Ye Shi frowned and said, "I can't even buy anything even if I go there. How much will your father's elixir be auctioned off?"

Mu Chen shrugged and said, "Who knows?" It must be higher 350,000 elementary stones that Lan Ruofeng asked for. How dare Lan Ruofeng offered 350,000 elementary stones.

 

 

…………
"Brother Chen, there you are! You are not busy at all." Mu Hong walked over with a smile and looked at Mu Chen.

Mu Chen shrugged and said, "I'm busier than you. I have to learn alchemy with my father in a while, and I have to practice skills in the afternoon. Stone, you can practice skills in my practice room. I have already told the guard that you and I are going to share my practice room in the future."

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Okay."

"Brother Chen, you work really hard now." Mu Hong said.

Mu Hong originally thought that Mu Chen would be a mess all his life and couldn't get back on track again. But surprisingly, Mu Chen suddenly changed and his progress soared. 

"I have to because I have a wife now." Mu Chen said proudly.

Ye Shi leaned into Mu Chen's ear and said, "You can only truly have a wife if you become a martial art master."

Mu Chen glared at Ye Shi. Ye Shi was such a bummer. He thought that Ye Shi would listen to him. Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen's angry face, looked down, but felt great.

"Brother Chen, is this your fiancée Ye Shi?" Mu Hong asked.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes!"

"Stone, this is my cousin, Mu Hong, my uncle's son." Mu Chen said to Ye Shi.

"Hello, cousin." Ye Shi nodded lightly at Mu Hong.

Mu Hong had a closer look at Ye Shi and was surprised by Mu Chen's weird taste. If he had such a fiancée, he might gouge his eyes out.  Sensing the disgust in Mu Hong's eyes, Ye Shi's heart sunk.

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi's sad face, frowned, and said, "Excuse us. We still have something else to do later."

Mu Hong frowned and said, "Since you don’t like seeing me around, I will see myself out.” 

Mu Chen did not want to spend a minute with Mu Hong. He said directly, "Please."

Ye Shi asked disappointedly, "Why are you being so kind to me? I'm ugly."

"What are you thinking? You are the cutest. You are not ugly at all.” Mu Chen pinched Ye Shi's cheek and asked.

Ye Shi grabbed Mu Chen's hand and said seriously, "If you tell a lie, I will kill you."

Mu Chen froze for a moment, then smiled, and said, "I mean what I say..." It is so hard to get someone to love him. In the modern world, he couldn't find someone he loved. Finally, in this world, he was lucky enough to find someone who was his fiancée. Everything went on as he had hoped. But his finance likes being mean to him. 

 

 

…………

In any case, the auction took place as scheduled.

The Spirit-breaking Elixir was even more attention-seeking than the finale item of the last auction.

Lan Ruofeng still attended this auction just in case.

The starting price for Spirit-breaking Elixir was 400,000 elementary stones which was 50,000 more than the 350,000 elementary stones offered by Lan Ruofeng. The crowd went quiet at first, but soon someone bid for 410,000. Lan Ruofeng offered 450,000, but soon someone else offered higher.

Zhuang Yu sat next to Lan Ruofeng and felt so excited. One elixir was worth so many elementary stones. He was too shallow in the past.

Mu Yuanhang participated in the bidding. However, after he offered 800,000, he no longer continued. Mu Chen guessed that 800,000 was probably the best Mu Yuanhang could offer.

The price was quickly increased to 1 million. Then, it quickly rose to 1.5 million.

Mu Chen squinted. The original Mu Chen had actually sold such a valuable elixir for 20,000 elementary stones. He was such a dumbass. No wonder Mu Yuanfeng was mad with the original Mu Chen.

It was a middle-aged man who finally won the Spirit-breaking Elixir. He was an awesome weapon maker.

Ye Shi muttered in shock, "It's amazing. Now I see why they say that alchemists are rich. I want to be an alchemist too."

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and said, "Do you want to learn? If you want to learn, I can teach you!"

Ye Shi gave Mu Chen a suspicious look, and said, "If you taught me, I wouldn't learn it. It's a waste of elementary stones."

Mu Chen, "..." Ye Shi really looked down on him.

Lan Ruofeng clenched his fists so tightly and his face was pale. These damn bastards did not give him any privilege.

The Spirit-breaking Elixir was finally sold at 2.28 million elementary stones.

Ye Shi tightly hugged Mu Chen's arm, "That is a lot of elementary stones! A lot!"

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes! That is a lot!"

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen, and said seriously, "Mu Chen, you have to learn alchemy hard from your father. Even if you can master a little bit, you won't have to worry about money your whole life."

Mu Chen smiled dryly and said, "I will try my best." 

 

6