49-50
363 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

49. First-level Alchemist Certification

"Wait until they all go." Ye Shi stopped Mu Chen leaving and said with a frown.

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi in confusion and asked, "Why?"

"Lan Ruofeng and Zhuang Yu are down there. I don't want to bump into them." Ye Shi pouted.

Mu Chen nodded and agreed, "You are right. I don't want to run into them either."

Making sure that Lan Ruofeng and Zhuang Yu were far away, Ye Shi walked out of the private room with Mu Chen.

"Where are we going next?" Ye Shi asked Mu Chen.

"Father told me to go to the Alchemist Guild to get myself certified as a first-level alchemist." Mu Chen said lightly.

"First-level alchemist certification?" Ye Shi was confused.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes! A first-level alchemist can receive a subsidy of thirty elementary stones from the Alchemist Guild every month. Although it is not much, it is better than nothing. Given time, it was quite an amount of income.”

Ye Shi was amazed that Mu Chen could get thirty elementary stones without doing anything. And Mu Chen was not satisfied with that much. Ye Shi, however, only got paid with thirty elementary stones for working his ass off by cutting those meats.

"I heard that second-level alchemists get higher paid, about 300 elementary stones a month." Mu Chen smiled at Ye Shi.

"Being an alchemist can make a lot of money." Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen, gnashing his teeth.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes! Let's go."

As soon as Mu Chen arrived at the entrance of the Alchemist Guild, a voice said suddenly. Mu Chen’s body froze because of the voice. Why did he could meet him everywhere? 

"Mu Chen, why are you here?" Zhuang Yu asked Mu Chen with pure eyes.

Ye Shi looked at Zhuang Yu with an unhappy face and pinched Mu Chen’s arm hard.

Mu Chen was speechless. This was not he wanted either. He had tried his best to avoid Zhuang Yu but he still bumped into him. Perhaps this was destiny arranged in the original plot.

"Mu Chen is here to be certified as a first-level alchemist." Ye Shi said, standing in front of Mu Chen with a protective attitude.

Zhuang Yu glanced at Mu Chen and said in surprise, "Mu Chen, are you able to make first-grade elixir already?"

"He's here to give it a try. He is far away from a real first-grade alchemist. Why are you here?" Ye Shi looked at Zhuang Yu and pried.

Zhuang Yu smiled and said, "I came with Ruofeng. Ruofeng came to claim his subsidy. He is a second-level alchemist, so he has a subsidy of 300 elementary stones a month."

"Three hundred, huh?" Ye Shi gave Mu Chen a thoughtful look.

Mu Chen rolled his eyes, what to look at, he will have so many in a short time.

"Young Master Chen, are you here for the first-level alchemist certification?" Lan Ruofeng walked out and asked.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes!"

Ye Shi frowned in dissatisfaction. Although Lan Ruofeng looked calm, in the depth of his eyes, there was disdain. Ye Shi did not like it. Lan Ruofeng had no reason to look down on Mu Chen. Everyone started from a first-level alchemist.

"Master Chen, in order to prevent some people from overloading the work of the Alchemist Guild by coming here to certify for first-level alchemist, every applicant should pay a deposit fee of 300 elementary stones. I know that it is not that much money for you because you have a rich family. But if you are not sure about your ability, you’d better think it through.” Lan Ruofeng said to Mu Chen.

"Three hundred elementary stone!" Ye Shi was shocked and was convinced that being an alchemist was a money-making but also a money-splashing thing. He worked at a restaurant and only got a monthly pay of thirty elementary stones. It would take him ten months to save enough for the fee of certification.

"Are you confident in yourself?" Ye Shi asked Mu Chen.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "I want to try."

Ye Shi frowned and pulled Mu Chen aside, and said, "You should think about it. If you fail, you won't be able to get elementary stones back. Three hundred elementary stones are enough to buy one hundred lotus-leaf-wrapped chickens."

Mu Chen, "..." It was true that Stone liked chicken!

"Stone, if I pass the certification, I will get more." Mu Chen said.

Ye Shi bit his lip and said worriedly, "Then go ahead. Be careful when you make elixirs."

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Don't worry."

Ye Shi  let go of Mu Chen's hand nervously. It was not easy for him to watch the staff from the Alchemist Guild to swipe away three hundred elementary stones from Mu Chen’s card.

 

 

50. Succeeded in Certification

"Sir, you can't go in. Only alchemists can enter." A staff member walked out and stopped Ye Shi who wanted to enter the Guild.

Ye Shi frowned, pointed at Zhuang Yu and said dissatisfiedly, "Why can he, but I can't?" He just saw that Zhuang Yu coming out of the Guild.

The staff glanced at Zhuang Yu, then said to Ye Shi, "He was brought in by this alchemist. A second-level alchemist can bring three people with him. You are more than welcome to come in with a second-level alchemist..."

"I see. I'll be waiting outside." Ye Shi replied angrily, although he was worried that Mu Chen would have paid the three-hundred elementary stones for nothing.

Zhuang Yu looked at Ye Shi and said lightly, "Ye Shi, if you really want to go in, Ruofeng can take you in."

Ye Shi glanced at Zhuang Yu and said, "No need. I'll just wait for him outside."

Ye Shi looked down. Lan Ruofeng was a man who knew how to bewitch people. When he saw Lan Ruofeng, he felt weird. Therefore, it was better to stay away from him. Recently, Ye Shi was less impacted by Lan Ruofeng’s bewitching spell. It suggested that Lan Ruofeng’s bewitching skill was not that powerful. 

"I heard that you moved to Mu's house?" Zhuang Yu looked at Ye Shi and asked.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes! Uncle Mu invited me to move in." Ye Shi rolled his eyes in his mind. Zhuang Yu was so strange. He and Zhuang Yu were basically strangers, but Zhuang Yu always found a chance to talk to him.

"Second Master Mu invited you to move in, and you did regardless of your dignity and pride. Ye Shi, you must have self-esteem and love yourself." Zhuang Yu said, seemingly advising Ye Shi to have more dignity and self respect.

Ye Shi looked at Zhuang Yu with bewildered eyes because he couldn’t understand what Zhuang Yu was talking about.

Since Ye Shi couldn't understand it, he paid no attention to Zhuang Yu, but looked inside the Alchemist Guild with concerns.

Zhuang Yu got mad since Ye Shi did not pay attention to him. He kindly warned Ye Shi, but Ye Shi turned down his kind gesture.

Lan Ruofeng looked at Ye Shi and said, "You don't have to worry too much. It's not difficult to get certified as a first-level chemist. In the test, the Alchemist Guild will give him five chances.

As long as he can made one first-level elixir, he will pass the exam. "

"Ruofeng passed the exam for the first try." Zhuang Yu said proudly.

Lan Ruofeng had a small smile on his face. It was not difficult to be certified as a first-level alchemist, but there were not many people who passed it. Because it not only required alchemists to master sophisticated skills, but also requires alchemists to manage the pressure. Some alchemists could succeed in alchemy in their own places, but they failed once they were under test.

Ye Shi pursed his lips and couldn’t understand why they were still here. Could you go?

"Ye Shi, how long has Mu Chen been learning alchemy?" Lan Ruofeng asked Ye Shi.

Ye Shi scratched his head and said, "I don't know either. It's about a month." Probably less than a month.

Lan Ruofeng squinted his eyes and said, "It's only been a month? Then it might be a little difficult for Mu Chen to pass the certification of the Alchemist Guild this time."

"Mu Chen is too impatient for quick success." Zhuang Yu shook her head and sighed.

Although Ye Shi was not sure if Mu Chen would succeed, he defended, "It is not difficult to get certified as a first-level alchemist. Mu Chen is so smart, he should be able to pass the exam."

Lan Ruofeng, "..."

As they were talking, Mu Chen was guided out by a pretty girl who looked at Mu Chen with admiration in her eyes.

"Young Master Mu, congratulations on your becoming a first-class alchemist. You are one of the few who become a first-class alchemist at such a young age. You will definitely have a bright future." The girl said with respect.

Mu Chen smiled and said, "Thank you. I am flattered."

When Lan Ruofeng heard the girl's words, his face sunk. Mu Chen actually became a first-level alchemist. "Young Master Mu, what a surprise that you have such a secret talent."

Mu Chen said with a smile, "I'm just a first-level alchemist. It is not a talent at all. You are already a second-level alchemist. I am no body compared to you."

"I am flattered." Lan Ruofeng said.

Ye Shi looked at the clothes in Mu Chen's hands and said, "What is this? Is it the alchemist robe? It looks awesome! Can I try it on?"

Zhuang Yu frowned and said, "Ye Shi, the alchemist's robe symbolizes the identity of an alchemist. You are not supposed to try it on."

Ye Shi pouted and said disappointedly, "Well, in that case, forget it."

Mu Chen leaned over and whispered to Ye Shi, "You can try it on when we get back home."

Ye Shi's eyes lit up when he heard Mu Chen's words.

Zhuang Yu felt sour and jealous when he saw Ye Shi's bright eyes. It appeared that Mu Chen was determined to do everything for Ye Shi. But was it necessary for Mu Chen to do so much for Ye Shi in a fake relationship? 

 

6