55-56
348 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

55. Get Jealous of Ye Shi 

"Do you really want to try?" Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and asked thoughtfully.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes!"

"If you can’t take the pain, don't blame me for not reminding you!" Mu Chen said solemnly.

Ye Shi said nonchalantly, "Don't worry. Since you can do it, I can do it for sure."

Mu Chen frowned and rolled his eyes at Ye Shi. Ye Shi made a face back at him.

Mu Chen pondered for a while, and said, "Next time I will prepare body-refining materials for you.”

"Will it be too much trouble for you?" Ye Shi blinked and asked embarrassedly.

Mu Chen shook his head and said, "Not at all. I just need to prepare one extra share of beast blood."

Ye Shi nodded and said, "That's good."

 

 

…………

The next day.

Wearing a loose bathrobe, Ye Shi stood beside Mu Chen, looked at the bucket full of blood and asked curiously, "What kind of blood is in this?"

"Chicken blood, duck blood, rabbit blood, sheep blood and wolf blood." Mu Chen said lightly.

Ye Shi scratched his head and said, "Didn't you say that using the blood of beasts to refine the body would be more effective? Would chicken blood or duck blood be too mild?"

"Wolf blood is quite strong. There is some in your bucket. This is the first time you train your body. So I did not prepare the strong beast blood for you in case that you can’t stand it.” Mu Chen explained.

Ye Shi nodded and said understandingly, "Make sense! The beast blood smells very good."

Mu Chen, "..." Is there any problem with his fiancée? Doesn't it smell bad?

"Have you understood all the body refining techniques I taught you?" Mu Chen asked.

Ye Shi nodded and said impatiently, "I have and you have checked for several times."

"Well, once I go out, you can start. If you can't stand it, you must get out as soon as you can. Don't force yourself." Mu Chen said to Ye Shi seriously.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "I know."

Mu Chen reluctantly walked out of the room. Ye Shi took off his robe and soaked himself in the wooden bucket.

Ye Shi closed his eyes and quickly immersed himself in cultivation.

As soon as Mu Chen went out of the room, he was all ears to whatever it might happen inside the room. 

Unexpectedly, Ye Shi was very quiet, and he practiced the Hundred Exercises very smoothly. Thanks to the Hundred Exercises, he successfully leveled up to a four-star warrior.

"Stone, how do you feel about practicing the Hundred Exercises?" Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi with concerns and asked.

Ye Shi opened his eyes wide, and said with enjoy, "It's very comfortable! I feel like living in heaven. The beast blood essence in the wooden barrel keeps flowing into my body. I feel very comfortable. It is one of the happiest moments in my life, why did you scream in hug pain?”

Mu Chen, "..."

Mu Chen looked down. In the book, although they were all cannon fodders, the author made them different. The original owner was the worst who did not work hard or appreciate his own talent. Therefore, he died during early chapters.

And Ye Shi was obviously more favored by the author. He had first-class talent and special bloodline. However, he played the role of fighting for a man with the protagonist in the book.

Thus, he had a bad ending.

"Great that you feel comfortable." Mu Chen said.

"It's very comfortable, but it's not exciting enough." Ye Shi said regretfully.

Mu Chen, "..."

Ye Shi had been fascinated by body training since he started to try it. Ye Shi gradually wanted more than rabbit blood and chicken blood to train his body.

When Ye Shi had no problem with current phase of body training, Mu Chen gradually replaced the beast blood of Ye Shi's body with the blood of aggressive beasts such as wolf blood and tiger blood. The expenditure on beast blood had also skyrocketed, but it was pretty much nothing compared to the money Mu Chen made by making elixirs for two hours a day.

"You seem to be in good spirits!" Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and said.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes! Because body training is very comfortable!"

Mu Chen took a deep breath. Body training was extremely painful for him, but it was a kind of enjoyment for Ye Shi. However, Ye Shi's body training effect seemed to be better than his own. Mu Chen couldn’t help getting jealous of Ye Shi.

 

 

56. Admissions Letter

Because Mu Chen was worried that he would meet Zhuang Yu outside under the influence of the plot, Mu he simply stayed at home and did not go out.

According to the original plot, Lu Yao would come to City of Mo a year later to find the Hundred Exercises. Soon after Zhuang Yu asked Mu Chen to give out the Hundred Exercises, Mu Chen would try to frame Lu Yao because he was jealous of Lu Yao. Mu Chen would be killed because of this and Mu Yuanfeng also died in order to avenge his son.

In original plot, Mu Chen would probably live for more than a year. Although the plot had changed now, Mu Chen didn't know how much influence the original book had on the world.

After coming into this world, Mu Chen had many doubts about the original book.

For example, Mu Chen tried to frame Lu Yao. When Lu Yao came here a year later, he would be already a martial artist master, but Mu Chen would have just been promoted to a warrior. A warrior would be scared by a martial art master. How could he have the guts to frame Lu Yao?

According to Mu Chen's speculation, the Hundred Exercises were precious. Lu Yao killed Mu Chen and Mu Yuanfeng to keep the secret, which would make more sense.

Mu Chen had been training his body, alchemy, and other techniques including Art of Vein Coordination at home every day. In a blink of an eye, three months flew by. In these three months,

Mu Chen had raised his strength to a five-star warrior, and he could finally able to refine second-level elixirs. It was worth mentioning that Ye Shi had achieved a breakthrough in body refining during this period of time. He was already an eight-star warrior, way ahead of Mu Chen.

As soon as Mu Chen walked out of the alchemy room, he saw Ye Shi.

"Stone, what's wrong?" Mu Chen asked.

Ye Shi shrugged and said, "I don't know. Your father wants to see us."

Mu Chen frowned and said, "Why?"

Ye Shi shrugged and said, "I don't know."

 

 

…………

"There you are." Mu Yuanfeng was happy to see Mu Chen and Ye Shi.

After Mu Chen got back on track, he continued to make breakthroughs. Those old acquaintances who used to brag about their juniors in front of him now stopped bragging, which cheered Mu Yuanfeng up.

"Father, are you looking for us?" Mu Chen asked.

Mu Yuanfeng nodded and said, "Yes! Here are two admission letters from Saint Star Academy for both of you."

Mu Chen thoughtfully said, "Father, where did you get the admission letters?" There was no such thing in the original story!

"I am a third-level alchemist. I am entitled two places." Mu Yuanfeng smiled and said lightly.

"Saint Star Academy?" Mu Chen frowned. This academy sounded familiar!

Mu Yuanfeng nodded and said, "Yes, Saint Star Academy is the largest academy in our empire. The academy's admission requirements are very strict. It only accepts cultivators under the age of 15 who are at least two-star warriors. You two are higher than the admission requirements. There should be no problem for you to be admitted. But it is not guaranteed. You should take it seriously.”

Mu Chen nodded and said, "I understand."

Mu Yuanfeng didn't tell Mu Chen that the admission letters of the Saint Star Academy were very difficult to obtain. Mu Yuanfeng, as a third-level alchemist, was only entitled one place. Mu Yuanfeng bought the other one at price of ten thousand elementary stones. 

Ye Shi looked at Mu Yuanfeng and hesitated.

Mu Yuanfeng looked at Ye Shi, smiled, and said, "Stone, you are more talented than Chen in cultivation. When you are at the academy, the two of you must help each other."

Ye Shi nodded, blushed and said, "Okay."

 

 

…………
"Stone, what's wrong with you? Why do you look so strange?" After leaving Mu Yuanfeng's courtyard, Mu Chen couldn't help asking Ye Shi.

Ye Shi bit his lip and said, "Admission letters from Saint Star Academy are rare. A third-level alchemist can only get one admission letter from Saint Star Academy at most."

Mu Chen was stunned for a moment, and said, "How did you know?"

"I've heard it once. Do you know why my stepmother was so eager to kick me out? Because our family also has a place for the Saint Star Academy, and my brothers are not as talented in cultivation as me. My stepmother was worried that I would steal this place from her sons, so she kicked me out.” Ye Shi said with a bitter face.

Mu Chen said, "Where did my father get the other notice?"

"I think he bought it." Ye Shi said in frustration. "100,000 elementary stones for one letter."

Mu Chen said in shock, "So many?"

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes! I... I'm not worth your father's effort."

"Don't talk nonsense. You are overthinking. I heard that the Saint Star Academy is a great place for training cultivators. If we are promoted to Martial Art Spirit, 100,000 elementary stones is just a small amount." Mu Chen comforted.

Ye Shi gritted his teeth and nodded, "I will try my best."

"Hong, this is for you." Mu Yuanhang handed the admission notice to Mu Hong.

Mu Hong was overjoyed, and he said "Father, did uncle finally give up the place?"

"How could he? Mu Chen is already a five-star warrior, already ahead of you. Mu Yuanfeng must have given his admission letter to Mu Chen." Mu Yuanhang shook his head and said.

Mu Hong frowned. It had only been less than a year, but everything had already changed. If Mu Chen was still the same as a year ago, Mu Yuanfeng would have to give his admission notice to him  no matter how deeply he was prejudiced against him and his father. But now, Mu Chen's strength had been improving rapidly, his alchemy level had also improved rapidly, even his grandfather couldn’t stop praising him.

Mu Yuanfeng did not think it was a good idea to keep Mu Chen’s talent as a secret. He gradually sold some of the medicinal pills made by Mu Chen at some stores of the Mo family in City of Mo. In this way, people would have an idea that Mu Chen was talented in alchemy, but not too good.

"The day before yesterday, Mu Yuanfeng spent 100,000 elementary stones to buy an admission letter. I thought it was for you, but he gave it to Ye Shi. Mu Yuanfeng is actually helping an outsider." Mu Yuanhang said angrily.

Mu Hong was angry too. For some unknown reasons, Mu Chen’s cultivation level had been skyrocketing. Even though he was practicing hard too, Mu Chen still overtook him.

"This notice is..." Mu Hong asked nervously.

"I bought this for you at a cost of 100,000 elementary stones." Mu Yuanhang sighed.

Mu Hong gritted his teeth and said, "Father, I..." Mu Yuanhang was different from Mu Yuanfeng. Mu Yuanfeng was an alchemist and had a lot of money. However, Mu Yuanhang was different. Mu Yuanhang had to spend a large quantity of elementary stones on cultivation himself. Therefore, he did not have much savings.

Mu Yuanhang shook his head and said, "Say no more. You should cultivate well now,. Don't lose to Mu Chen and Ye Shi."

Mu Hong nodded solemnly and said, "I know."

"..."

City of Jing, the Lan family.

"Ruofeng, your father has a problem with you because you did not do your job well. You know?" A beautiful woman looked at Lan Ruofeng with frowning.

Lan Ruofeng said ashamedly, "I'm sorry, mother, it's my fault this time. Mu Yuanfeng showed no respect at all."

Zheng Min squinted and said, "A third-level alchemist in a small city, who has never seen the outside world, doesn't know whom he is messing with. What a bastard!"

"You are right!" Lan Ruofeng said with full approval.

"Let’s talk about it later. I heard that you brought a young man back, that young man is good-looking. I also heard that you are planning to give him a place in the Saint Star Academy. Ruofeng, it is not a good idea to get into a relationship at such a young age.” Zheng Min looked at Lan Ruofeng coldly.

Lan Ruofeng nodded and said, "Mother, I do this for a reason."

Zheng Min narrowed her eyes and said, "What is your reason?"

"Zhuang Yu was born with a body of Yin." Lan Ruofeng said.

Zheng Min frowned, and asked, "The body of Yin? Are you sure?" According to ancient books, cultivating with people with the body of Yin could greatly improve the speed of cultivation, and even could improve talent, but only on the condition that the owner of the body helped with willingness.

Lan Ruofeng nodded and said, "I am sure. In fact, I've already... the effect is very good. He admires me very much now and obeys me."

Zheng Min frowned and said, "In that case, it is not a big deal to give him a place for the Saint Star Academy. But there are so many talented people at the Saint Star Academy. Are you sure that he won’t change when he is at the Academy?”
Lan Ruofeng smiled confidently and said, "Mother, don't you believe in me?" Lan Ruofeng was already a student at Saint Star Academy. Even at Saint Star Academy, Lan Ruofeng was very popular.

"It's always right to be careful. Since you can tell that he is different, others might sense something too." Zheng Min said.

Lan Ruofeng said confidently, "Don't worry, mother. I have prepared for this. I secretly used the Invisibility Talisman on him. Now others can't see his specialty."

"That's good." Zheng Min nodded. 

5