57-58
332 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

57. Ye Shi's Background

"Ruofeng, did you meet a man named Ye Shi in City of Mo?" Zheng Min asked Lan Ruofeng with a serious look.

Lan Ruofeng frowned, looked at Zheng Min in puzzle and said, "Yes, I did. Mother, why did you ask about him?"

"Our empire used to have an emperor-level master named Qu Kun. He disappeared 20 years ago. Some people say that he went to another country, and some people say that he died. Qu Kun had countless enemies during his lifetime. Many people think that he was alone and has no families. But in fact, he had a son Qu Xinyang who is a versatile." Zheng Min said meaningfully.

"Does Qu Xinyang have anything to do with Ye Shi?" Lan Ruofeng asked sharply.

Zheng Min nodded and said, "Yes, Ye Shi is Qu Xinyang's son. When you have the chance, you should get along with Ye Shi."

"Why?" Lan Ruofeng asked.

"Because Qu Kun is very likely to be alive. If he is alive, Ye Shi is his only family, he will attach great importance to Ye Shi. If you get close to Ye Shi, you can get extra attention from Qu Kun. As long as you can get a little benefit from Qu Kun, you can achieve many things endlessly." Zheng Min tapped the table with her finger, and said in a persuasive manner.

Lan Ruofeng frowned, thoughtfully.

"You've seen Ye Shi. I heard that he is not good-looking. Is that true?" Zheng Min asked.

Lan Ruofeng nodded and said, "Yes."

Zheng Min said lightly, "I did have a plan that you should chase Ye Shi. But now that you have Zhuang Yu, let’s put Ye Shi aside. After all, it is hard to say whether Qu Kun is still alive. But it is no hard to make friends with Ye Shi when you see him.” 

Lan Ruofeng nodded and said, "I see, mother."

 

 

…………

City of Mo, Mu family.

"From here to here." Ye Shi looked at the map, holding his chin and said, "If everything goes smoothly, it will take about two months. The admission test of Saint Star Academy will take place three months later."

Mu Chen took out the map that Ye Shi showed him before, and said, "We have to leave early. I have studied the map you gave me before. We will pass by Green Hell flame's location on the way to Saint Star Academy. We can find the Green Hell flame first." Green Hell flame was taken by Lan Ruofeng in the original plot. Thinking of this, Mu Chen got worried.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Okay."

Mu Chen and Ye Shi were secretly sent out of the city by Mu Yuanfeng on a dark and windy night.

Mu Yuanhang didn't know that Mu Chen and Ye Shi had left until five days later. Before that, he thought that Mu Chen and Ye Shi were still practicing in Mu’s house.

Ye Shi sat in the carriage, shaking his legs excitedly, "That's great! This is the first time I've traveled this far."

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and said in confusion, "Doesn't it count as a long trip when you travelled from Ye family to City of Mo?"

"That's different. Uncle Chen and I did not stay at an inn or eat anything nice because we did not have much money, not to mention having fun on the way.” Ye Shi said with frustration.

Mu Chen smiled and said, "Don't worry. You are with me now. There is one thing I can assure you. You won’t get starve this time.” 

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen and said, "Have you promoted to a second-level alchemist?"

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes!" Before leaving, Mu Yuanfeng taught Mu Chen the refining methods of the seven second-level elixirs he knew. Mu Yuanfeng was once again shocked because Mu Chen mastered them all with one try.

Mu Yuanfeng originally wanted Mu Chen to be certified as a second-level alchemist in City of Mo, but it was eye-catching to do so because Mu Chen had only been certified as a first-level alchemist in City of Mo not long ago. Therefore, they did not do so.

"You should get certified soon! You can get more paid if you are certified as a second-level alchemist." Ye Shi said hotly.

"I'll do it when we get to the next town." Mu Chen said.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "That's good."

Alchemists could get privilege in every possible way. For example, every time they pass through a city, they had to go through a checkpoint. Normally, security check was strict at each checkpoint. However, once Mu Chen showed the badge of the first-level alchemist, it was easier to pass the checkpoint.

However, as they visited larger cities, the badge of the first-level alchemist became less privileged.

 

 

…………

 

58. Meeting an Acquaintance on the Way

"Look! There is a nice restaurant there!" Ye Wu said excitedly.

"We can finally have a good meal. I almost being driven to insanity along the way since we did not have a nice meal or sleep." Ye Cheng sighed.

"Master Wu, we don’t have much budget. When we arrive at the Saint Star Academy, there must be a lot of necessary expenses, so we have to save some money." An old man said seriously.

Ye Wu rolled his eyes and said, "You keep saying save money. How much are we going to save?"

"On the way, you refused to pay for anything we want to buy. Now you even say no to have a good meal." Ye Cheng said angrily.

Ye Rong said with a long face, looking at the old man, "Uncle Ming, didn't father give you 50,000 elementary stones before we left? Aren’t you trying to keep them to yourself, are you?"

"Two young masters and young lady, the prices in the imperial capital are super high. We have to save some for your stay there." Ye Ming said earnestly.

"But I'll starve to death when I get there. What's the use of saving so many elementary stones." Ye Rong said angrily.

No matter how worried Ye Ming was, they walked into the restaurant as the other three insisted.

 

…………

Ye Shi was rushing Mu Chen to get certified as a alchemist, but as soon as he saw the restaurant, he couldn't move a step.

Mu Chen was amused by Ye Shi’s look.

Mu Chen dragged Ye Shi into the restaurant. But as soon as Ye Shi walked into the restaurant, he was shocked.

Ye Wu and the others froze when they saw Ye Shi.

"Ye Shi, why are you here? Who are you with? Your adulterer? What a surprise that people can actually bear with you and your ugly face!" Ye Rong saw Ye Shi and sneered like usual.

"Shut up." Ye Shi narrowed his eyes, and a cold light flashed in his eyes.

Ye Rong's expression changed suddenly, "Are you telling me to shut up?"

"The old man isn't here now. No one dares to say anything if I maim you." Ye Shi looked at Ye Rong viciously and raised his fist.

"How dare you!" Ye Rong glanced at Ye Shi and asked.

"Sure I dare." Ye Shi said fiercely.

Ye Ming stood up and said, "Enough. Miss, can you stop? Master Shi, your father has missed you a lot recently, and he has always regretted to drive you out of the family on a whim."

Ye Shi looked at Ye Ming strangely and said, "What joke are you talking about?"

When Ye Xun drove him out, he acted like he couldn’t wait to kick Ye Shi out. When Ye Shi left, one of Ye Xun’s concubines checked his luggage fervently, for fear that he would take some valuables along. His father clearly knew what his concubine did but he did not say a word.

Ye Xun would miss him? Ye Shi felt that this was the best joke he had ever heard.

"It's true. Your father misses you very much." Ye Ming said.

Ye Shi rolled his eyes and said, "Okay, Uncle Ming, even if you say a joke twice, it won't be funny."

As Ye Shi looked angry, Ye Ming smiled helplessly and said, "He hopes you will go back to Ye's house when you have time."

"When he died, I will remember to go back and visit his tomb." Ye Shi said angrily.

Ye Ming was mortified when Ye Shi said so.

Mu Chen observed Ye Wu and the others with arms across his chest, smirk flashed in his eyes.

"This must be Master Mu Chen." Ye Ming changed the subject.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes!"

"Master Mu Chen, you are young and promising. You are already a five-star warrior." Ye Ming praised.

Mu Chen smiled lightly and said, "I am flattered."

Ye Rong was surprised by what Ye Ming said. Then her eyes were fixed on Mu Chen.

After Ye Shi was kicked out of the Ye family, Ye Rong heard that Ye Shi had gone to his fiancé.

Ye Rong sent someone to inquire and found out that Mu Chen was a playboy who was ignorant and greedy for beauty. Ye Rong once laughed at Ye Shi because Ye Shi would be humiliated by Mu Chen and then got kicked out.

Now, Ye Ming said that the handsome young man standing next to Ye Shi was Ye Shi's fiancé who was a five-star warrior. It was not something that she was happy about.

"I heard that Master Mu is a first-class alchemist." Ye Ming looked at Mu Chen and said.

"He will be second-class soon. After lunch, we will go get certificated. After the certification, Mu Chen can receive a subsidy of 300 elementary stones per month." Ye Shi raised his head and said proudly.

Ye Ming looked at Mu Chen with admiration and said, "You are amazing."

"Thank you." Mu Chen said.

"Young Master Chen, can you take Master Shi back to Ye's house when you are free?" Ye Ming looked at Mu Chen expectantly.

Mu Chen looked at Ye Ming and smiled lightly, "Senior, Stone and I will have lunch. Excuse us.” 

Ye Ming was frustrated that he didn't get the answer he wanted. 

 

6