63-64
318 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

63. Low-level Alchemist Guild

"Master Mu, here we meet again." A soft voice said with joy.

Ye Shi tensed up and looked at the person who came.

Cheng Wanbai ignored Ye Shi, and her eyes fell directly on Mu Chen.

"Miss Cheng." Mu Chen lightly nodded to Cheng Wanbai.

"I heard that you are collecting prescription of first- and second-level elixir. I think there may be a place where you will be interested." Cheng Wanbai smiled warmly at Mu Chen.

Ye Shi hurriedly shook his head, stood in front of Mu Chen, and said seriously to Cheng Wanbai, "No. No. No. Mu Chen is not interested. He is running out of elementary stones. He will be starving if he spends more money on elixirs' prescription.”

Cheng Wanbai smiled and said nonchalantly, "Young Master Mu, do you need money? If so, maybe I can help..."

Mu Chen shook his head and said, "Stone is joking. I still have savings."

Ye Shi rolled his eyes secretly and thought to himself: You have savings? You know you will have nothing in no time.

Cheng Wanbai smiled and said, "The place I'm talking about is the Low-level Alchemist Guild. The guild is a place where low-level alchemists can learn and communicate with each other. If you have any questions, you can pose a reward for answers. There are many questions asked by others. If you can answer them, you can get reward..."

"Reward!" Ye Shi's eyes shone brightly as he was intrigued.

Cheng Wanbai still ignoring Ye Shi, looked at Mu Chen, and said with a smile, "Young Master Mu, there are many low-level alchemists over there who have been studying alchemy for decades. They have many sorts of prescription of low-level elixirs. You should get what you want there."

"Stone, what do you think?" Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and asked.

Ye Shi said, "Not a bad idea!" Ye Shi whispered into Mu Chen's ear and said, "You can make money too."

Mu Chen frowned and understood that Ye Shi was worried that he would use up all his money. In fact, he knew what he should do.

Cheng Wanbai caught the intimacy between Ye Shi and Mu Chen.

"Thank you for your advice, Miss. I'll take a look when I have time." Mu Chen said to Cheng Wanbai.

Cheng Wanbai said disapprovingly, "Why don’t you go today? Today happens to have an exchange meeting held by the Low-level Alchemist Guild. Why don't you come and have a look with me?"

Mu Chen frowned because he was hesitating.

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen and said, "We should go."

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi, hesitated for a moment, and nodded.

Cheng Wanbai frowned at Ye Shi, and when she looked at Mu Chen again, she put on her smiling face.

Mu Chen and Ye Shi followed Cheng Wanbai into the Low-level Alchemist Guild. Ye Shi looked around curiously.

Ye Shi saw many elderly people in the Alchemist Guild. Alchemists usually would not make achievement without a mentor. It was why many alchemists were stuck as first-level alchemists in their lifetime.

"Miss Cheng, welcome. Who is this?" Cang Yu frowned and asked in an unfriendly tone.

Cheng Wanbai was obviously very popular here. As soon as she entered the house, a few teenagers wearing alchemy robes immediately surrounded her. They looked at Mu Chen with hostility.

"This is Mu Chen. He has just passed the certification of a second-level alchemist, and is now a second-level alchemist." Cheng Wanbai introduced.

The teenagers immediately got jealous of Mu Chen.

"Young Master Mu, nice to meet you." Cang Yu forced a smile at Mu Chen.

"Nice to meet you." Mu Chen lightly nodded to Cang Yu.

Cang Yu narrowed his eyes. He was already able to refine second-level elixirs. However, the certification had to be carried out in the Alchemist Guild. There were only five chances to apply for the certification. Cang Yu couldn’t adapt to the new alchemy environment. He had been certified by the Alchemist Guild three times, but he ended up with failure. Worse than that, he spent a lot of elementary stones for nothing.

"Cang Yu, you have to work hard! Become a second-level alchemist as soon as possible." Cheng Wanbai encouraged Cang Yu.

Cang Yu smiled and said, "Thank you. I will."

Ye Shi pulled Mu Chen further away while Cheng Wanbai was surrounded by others. "Where did you meet this girl?!" Ye Shi asked in an unpleasant tone.

"Before, when she was in the Alchemist Guild, she was getting certification." Mu Chen said.

Ye Shi snorted with puffy cheeks and wide-opened eyes.

Mu Chen pinched Ye Shi's cheek and said, “Alright. There is nothing between her and I. Let's go and have a look around."

Ye Shi nodded and followed Mu Chen.

Probably because there was an activity at the guild, there were hundreds of alchemists talking in groups. 

"Hello. Is this your first time here? Is there anything I can do to help?" A maid in white walked over to them and asked.

Ye Shi didn't wait a second and immediately said, "I heard that people can make money here."

The girl’s smile froze but soon said with a smile again.

"Please come with me." The girl in white led Ye Shi and Mu Chen to a light curtain, "On this light curtain, there are many questions asked by low-level alchemists, and there is a certain reward for each question. If your answer is confirmed by the questioner, you will get elementary stone."

"What if the answer is correct but the questioner did not admit the answer?" Ye Shi said worriedly.

"It is not a question you you should be worried about. We have several senior alchemists to verify the answers. As long as they verify your answer, you will get elementary stones." The white-clothed maid explained.

"We are leaving soon. How will the money be given to us?" Ye Shi continued to ask.

The girl answered, "This is not a problem. You can register a elementary stone card and elementary stones can be saved in your elementary stone card."

Ye Shi blinked his eyes, leaned over, faced Mu Chen, and whispered, "This is not bad! I just watched the light curtain. Many questions are rewarded a few hundred elementary stones, or more than a thousand. And they are as easy as I can answer them all.” 

Mu Chen, "..."

The woman looked at Ye Shi and smiled disdainfully in her heart. Many questions were highly rewarded. The higher the reward, the more difficult the problem, although these problems were about first- and second-level elixirs. However, even third-level, fourth-level or even fifth-level alchemists found it difficult to solve the problem. It was not easy to make the money.

Although she thought so in her mind, the girl guided Mu Chen, "You can answer the questions here."

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Thank you."

Ye Shi approached Mu Chen and said, "I'll help you choose question, you answer."

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Okay."

Ye Shi didn't know anything about alchemy, but this didn’t affect his choice. Ye Shi could read the numbers of the reward. Ye Shi didn't choose the highest reward because he would not choose those bizarre and obscure questions.

Standing in front of the light curtain, Mu Chen thoughtfully looked at the questions that Ye Shi had selected and wrote something.

Cheng Wanbai walked towards them, stood beside Ye Shi, and said, "The questions you picked are all highly rewarded!"

Ye Shi was startled by her sudden showing.

"Miss Cheng." Ye Shi complained.

Cheng Wanbai said to Ye Shi, "Young Master Ye, just because the reward is higher, it doesn’t mean it is a better choice. Many of those with a high reward have been unanswered for several years. Many of them did not start with a high reward. But other alchemists raised the reward because they also want to know the answer. So they are usually very difficult to answer."

Ye Shi blinked and said, "I see!"

Cheng Wanbai smiled and said, "Actually, instead of spending time on those difficult problems, it's better to answer some more low-reward but simpler ones."

Ye Shi said, "It doesn't matter. Mu Chen knows all the answers."

Cheng Wanbai looked at Ye Shi and said, "Are you that confident in him?"

Ye Shi nodded and answered, "Of course. Uncle Yuanfeng said that Mu Chen is a genius."

"Who is Uncle Yuanfeng? Is he an alchemist master?" Cang Yu asked as he walked up to Ye Shi with his arms crossed.

Ye Shi shrugged and said, "Uncle Yuanfeng is Mu Chen's father."

Cang Yu burst out laughing. Ye Shi glared at Cang Yu fiercely.

 

 

…………

 

64. Answer Questions

 

Cheng Wanbai looked at Mu Chen whose eyes were locked on the light curtain. He frowned as he pondered deeply, and then he suddenly became enlightened. In just a while, he had already answered more than a dozen questions.

Ye Shi stared straight at Cheng Wanbai, full of vigilance, "Mu Chen is making money, Miss Cheng. Please go somewhere else." He was implying Cheng Wanbai to leave them alone.

Cheng Wanbai frowned, had a look at Mu Chen who had been indulged himself into those questions.

Cheng Wanbai frowned and left in disappointment.

Ye Shi was relieved after Cheng Wanbai left.

Ye Shi rubbed his forehead because he couldn't help feeling depressed. Although he didn't want to admit it, Cheng Wanbai did put a lot of pressure on him.

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen and felt helpless. Why does everyone pay extra attention to Mu Chen? For example, Zhuang Yu, and now Cheng Wanbai. Mu Chen was such an attention attracter.

He got a girl’s attention in just a while when he got the alchemist's certification.

"Brother Cang, Miss Cheng seems to be very interested in Mu Chen." A young man folded his arms and said jokingly.

"Miss Cheng is always nice to young talents. Mu Chen is so young and is a second-level alchemist. No wonder Miss Cheng is interested in him." Zhou Xuan, who had been picking on Cang Yu, teased back.

"Brother Cang has long been able to successfully refine the second-level elixirs, but he was unlucky when he got the certification. That man named Mu Chen passed the certification because he was lucky. I bet he is not as capable as Brother Cang.” Li Ping, taking Cang Yu’s side, defended.

Zhou Xuan said in disapproval, "Even though he was lucky, he did pass the certification. And the Alchemist Guild will grant him with the certification.”

The light curtain kept turning pages. Li Ping frowned and said, "What is he doing? Is he answering the questions? He's been answering for so long, but his name hasn’t shown!"

"Probably he chose to answer anonymously." Cang Yu said.

Zhou Xuan rolled his eyes and said, "He is just answering a question. Why is he doing it so mysteriously?"

"Maybe he was afraid that he would be too embarrassed because he doesn’t know the answers." Cang Yu said with some disdain.

Mu Chen spent a day to answer questions. Mu Chen did not stop until people left the guild.

"Let's wrap it up today." Mu Chen said to Ye Shi.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Okay." If Mu Chen didn't stop, Ye Shi would rush him to leave because he was going to starve. "Mu Chen, you have done a total of 256 questions. The total reward for these questions is more than 60,000. If you answer half of them correctly, we will have more than 30,000 elementary stones in the account. "

Mu Chen smiled and said, "It sounds good."

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes! I am curious how many elementary stones we will have."

The maid in white watched as Mu Chen and Ye Shi left and put on a smile.

"Dongling, what are you thinking? Why are you smiling so happily?" A maid in purple came over and asked.

"Zi Fei, you know what. I met two weirdoes today." Dongling said with squinted eyebrows.

Zi Fei raised her eyebrows and said, "What about them?"

"There was a boy not even fifteen years old who answered more than 200 questions, and the reward for each question is no less than 100 elementary stones, and the total reward is no less than 60,000. The man's companion said that if he answered half of the questions correctly, they will have more than 30,000 elementary stones in the account." Dongling couldn't help giggling.

"They are overestimating themselves. How can they get half the questions correct?” Zi Fei shook her head and said. The questions at reward of 100 elementary stone either had been solved by others or were too difficult to be solved.

Dongling shrugged and said, "I think so too. You said that he answered more than 200 questions with a reward of more than 100. How did he manage it?" There were so many questions that were impossible to solve.

Zi Fei shrugged and said, "I bet he filled all questions randomly."

"Zi Fei, Dongling, big news!" A young girl in green walked out with an excited face.

Dongling asked, "What's wrong?"

"Today, there is an incredible person who answered the problems that had been unanswered for several years or even decades. Dozens of them were solved, and several of them were previously considered unsolvable. "Qingling clenched her fists and said.

"What?" Dongling asked in disbelief.

Qingling blushed and said, "It's hard to imagine. Starting at noon today, there have been constant transfers of elementary stones from our guild's account into the same account. After dozens of transfers in a row, it finally attracted the attention of one elder at the guild. The elder went to the backstage and checked that this person had answered more than 200 questions in total. I heard that more than 100 questions have been proved to be correct. He must definitely a master."

Dongling's face turned pale, "No way."

Zi Fei looked at Dongling and said, "Dongling, the person you were talking about isn't the same person that Qingling is talking about, right?"

"I don’t think so. The person I talked about is very young and he has just promoted to the second-level alchemist." Dongling frowned and said.

Qingling asked, "What are you two talking about?"

Dongling asked Qingling nervously, "Qingling, did the elder say who is the one who answered the questions?"

Zi Fei shrugged and said, "This person answered the questions anonymously. The elder guessed that he might be a high-level alchemist who got so bored that he came to answer the questions."

"That makes sense!" Dongling nodded. If a high-level alchemist answered the questions at such a high accuracy rate, it would make more sense.

The next day, Ye Shi checked the Card and suddenly let out a scream.

"Mu Chen, you have nearly 30,000 elementary stones in your account." Ye Shi said excitedly.

Mu Chen smiled and said, "Really? That's great!"

Ye Shi gritted his teeth and looked at Mu Chen with jealousy, "Alchemists can make money so easily. You just answered questions and you earn so many elementary stones. You can live on answering questions in the future.”

Mu Chen smiled and said disapprovingly, "It doesn’t happen often like today. All the questions you picked for me are highly reward ones. I have already finished all those I know. The rest are those I don’t know answers to.”

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Why do you know the answers to so many questions?"

"Thanks to those prescriptions I read. I have learned a lot from them.” Mu Chen explained.

Ye Shi said in embarrassment, "It's my fault. You are right. We should buy more prescriptions. No pain, no gain. Let’s go buy prescriptions now."

Mu Chen, "..."

"Let's go buy prescriptions at the low-level alchemist's guild. I heard that the prescriptions there are more available and cheaper." Ye Shi thought for a while.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Okay."

Ye Shi and Mu Chen walked into the gate of the Low-level Alchemist Guild and were startled by the crowds out there.

"Why are there so many people today? I heard there was an event yesterday. Is there any even today too?” Ye Shi asked.

Mu Chen shook his head and said, "I don't know."

"Sir, what can I do to help?" Dongling approached Mu Chen and Ye Shi. Dongling had a second thought of what happened yesterday.

Up to now, nearly 213 questions answered by the "master" yesterday had been confirmed to be correct, which was simply a miracle.

After the answers to many questions were announced, people were shocked. It was precisely because of this that there were so many people at the guild today.

"Is there any way we can buy some prescriptions of first-level and second-level elixirs here?" Ye Shi asked Dongling.

Dongling nodded and said, "Yes! We have a lot of first-level and second-level elixir prescriptions, and they are much cheaper than other markets."

Ye Shi leaned over and said to Mu Chen, "I just like cheap ones."

Mu Chen, "..."

"Mr. Mu, have you checked if you answered the questions correctly yesterday!" Dongling asked.

Mu Chen shook his head and said, "No."

"Oh." Dongling felt disappointed.

"Mu Chen didn't check it, but when I checked it in the morning, there were more than 30,000 stones on the card. It is transferred by the Guild. This number is still rising. I guess he got many of the answers right." Ye Shi said with sparkling eyes.

Dongling, "..." It is really him! This young man!

Dongling looked at Mu Chen with admiration. He is such an amazing man. But she actually laughed at him yesterday. She was really an idiot.

A man in green walked out. The man looked kind, with an amiable smile. However, as soon as the person got closer, Ye Shi felt a lot of pressure. This man was a Martial Art Spirit!

"President." Dongling greeted respectfully.

Fu Zuquan waved at Dongling and said, "Off you go. Mr. Mu Chen is a distinguished guest of ours. I will personally entertain him."

Dongling was stunned for a moment, then responded quickly, "Yes." Then she left.
 

5