151-152-153
435 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

151. The Secret of Ancient Books

As soon as Mu Chen returned to his courtyard, Ye Shi rushed towards Mu Chen excitedly.

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi's blushing face and asked, "What's wrong? Something good happened."

Ye Shi smiled excitedly, and said proudly, "The book is really a treasure."

Ye Shi had been worried that he spent 3 million to buy a crap. However, the book did not disappoint him. After sucking his blood, it changed.

Mu Chen said puzzledly, "Treasure?"

Ye Shi took out the book from the space ring, bit his finger and dripped blood on the pages. Soon, the bland book emitted a burst of golden light, turning into an ancient golden book, and the words inside became readable.

Ye Shi's eyes were bright and he said to Mu Chen, "This guy sucks blood, but each time it sucks blood, it can only last for an hour."

He was accidentally injured in a fight, and when he took the book, his blood fell on the pages of the book, and he discovered this.

Mu Chen opened the page and looked at it, and there was a bit of deep thought in his eyes.

"Have you read this book?" Mu Chen raised his head and asked.

"Yeah! However, I don't quite understand it." Ye Shi smiled embarrassedly at Mu Chen. Compared to the talented Mu Chen, he was really stupid. Ye Shi bit his lips with worry. Was he really worthy of Mu Chen?

"This is a formation book, and it looks very unusual." Mu Chen opened the book and said with a serious face.

Behind the golden pages, there was a lion which carried a beast on its head. That beast was Bai Ze, one of the top ten divine beasts in ancient times.

Ye Shi nodded, his eyes flashed a bit of deep thought, and said, "My father may have come from a family of formations."

Mu Chen bowed his head. Zhuang Yu's official partner was Bai Yi who came from the Bai family, a family of magic formations. Most of the people in the Bai family were formation masters.

It was said that the blood of the Bai family was special, so they paid special attention to bloodline. Usually their daughters or versatiles were not allowed to marry someone outside the Bai family.

Of course, it was not impossible for outsiders to marry the Bai family's daughter and versatiles. The possibility was that the person needed to obtain the Bai family's approval for the formation skills. To gain the Bai family's approval, the person must be at least a six-level formation master.

Ye Shi stretched out his hand, shook it in front of Mu Chen, and said, "What are you thinking about?"

Mu Chen smiled, put his arms around Ye Shi, and pinched Ye Shi's waist. Ye Shi suddenly fell into Mu Chen's arms, blushing in shy.

"It's nothing. I'm just thinking about putting alchemy, talisman, and inscriptions away first. What I should really concentrate on was formation skills. Your biological father was born in a family of formations. If I want to gain your father's approval, I'm afraid I have to make some achievements in the formation." Mu Chen kissed Ye Shi's face.

Ye Shi murmured, "What does my business have to do with him? It doesn't matter if he agrees or not, so don't pay attention to him."

"No matter what, that person is your father! It's right to get the approval of a father-in-law." Mu Chen said solemnly.

Ye Shi pursed his lips and said, "He hasn't even shown up once for so many years, so I don't want him to interfere with my business."

Mu Chen rubbed Ye Shi's head, and said, "If you have time, read more formation books. The formation at the beginning of this book is the third-level formation. You have never learn anything about formations. Since you can understand some, it meant that you are talented."

The Bai family was blessed with formation skills, and Ye Shi may also have a high talent in this area.

Ye Shi said a little embarrassedly, "I dozed off when I read a book."

Mu Chen said disapprovingly, "Maybe not when you read the formation book."

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Okay, I'll listen to you."

 

............

Inscription Academy.

"What did you say? You are willing to accept the test of the information?" Xia Qingyan frowned, looking at Mu Chen with astonishment.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes."

Xia Qingyan looked at Mu Chen and asked, "Didn't you say before that your strength is limited?" Since when did Mu Chen change his mind so quickly?

"Before, I was not strong enough. But yesterday, I accidentally drew a third-level formation and stepped into the third-level formation master. I remembered what you said, Dean, that I should focus on the big piciture, which impressed me. As a member of the academy, I should do my best for the academy." Mu Chen said solemnly.

Xia Qingyan looked at Mu Chen's upright face. She couldn't help rolling her eyes in her heart. "Focus on the big picture" sounded weird when Mu Chen said that.

Xia Qingyan didn't know why Mu Chen suddenly changed his mind to compete on behalf of Formation School. But it definitely had nothing to do with the big picture.

Mu Chen looked like a good person on the surface, but he was actually very indifferent. If others had already known that his alchemy and talisman skills were incredible, he wouldn't even bother to participate in the competition for the two colleges. It was weird that he actually volunteered to compete on formation skills.

"Do you have any conditions?" Xia Qingyan asked.

Mu Chen smiled and said, "As a member of the academy, it's my duty to contribute to the academy, but I'm really interested in formation skills. If I can win the game by luck, I hope to get a free access to the library."

Xia Qingyan smiled and said to herself, "This is who Mu Chen is. He did everything for a good benefit.

 

............

 

Formation School.

"President, Xia Qingyan said that Mu Chen is willing to accept the competition for Formation School." Di Han said excitedly.

Although Mu Chen had not publicly demonstrated his accomplishments in formation, after entering the academy, Mu Chen had created many miracles. Therefore, Di Han was quite confident in Mu Chen.

Hao Tu frowned and asked, "What's going on with Xia Qingyan?! She said yesterday that Mu Chen would not participate, but today she changed her mind."

"It seems that Mu Chen changed his mind himself. Xia Qingyan made a condition. If Mu Chen passed the examination, he would be allowed to have a free access to the library in our school." Di Han said.

Hao Tu nodded and said, "That's not a problem."

Mu Chen was also a student of the Saint Star Academy, who was allowed to access to the library. It was not a tough requirement at all.

"Although Mu Chen agreed, we have to see what he can do." Hao Tu said thoughtfully.

Di Han nodded and said with deep conviction, "You are right."

Students from the Formation School were also working hard for the competition. If Mu Chen didn't have enough strength, those students would inevitably be frustrated.

............

The news that Mu Chen was going to compete spread like wildfire.

The Mingyue Academy came with confidence, which made students tense. This was why anything could be spread quickly.

"Mu Chen actually took the test of the Formation School, but didn't he turn the Formation School down?" Xie Danyan said in a puzzled way.

Cheng Wanbai shook her head and said, "He originally rejected them, but accepted in the end. It's really strange."

Xie Danyan rolled her eyes and said angrily, "You don't know about Mu Chen? He didn't agree at first, but now he agrees, he must do it for something in return."

Cheng Wanbai said disapprovingly, "Danyan, don't think of Mu Chen like that! Maybe Mu Chen was not sure of winning the game before, and then he suddenly realized something about the formation and got promoted, so he wants to contribute to the academy."

Xie Danyan sneered and said helplessly, "Wanbai, you are so naive! If Mu Chen entered the competition because of his willingness, I swear I will write my name in reverse order."

Cheng Wanbai smiled awkwardly, changed the subject, and said, "The senior management of the academy seems to be very nervous recently! Is Mingyue Academy really that powerful?"

Xie Danyan squinted her eyes. The territory of the Falan Empire was three times larger than that of the Xuanfeng Empire, and the resources were also richer than their country. The quality of the college was naturally higher than the Mingyue College.

"Whether they are that good, we won't know until they come." Xie Danyan gritted her teeth.

"Will it be too difficult for Mu Chen to participate in the five competitions alone?" Cheng Wanbai said.

Xie Danyan smiled helplessly and said, "I hope he can win. If he loses all five games, it will be embarrassing." He would lose fifteen places!

Cheng Wanbai rolled her eyes at Xie Danyan. Xie Danyan smiled awkwardly, and said, "I'm joking. With Mu Chen's strength, he can at least win half of the games, but not likely win all the games."

Cheng Wanbai narrowed her eyes and said, "Danyan, what level do you think Mu Chen's formation skills are at?"

Xie Danyan pouted and said, "He is so cunning. I bet he is a third-level formation master." If he was lower than third-level, Mu Chen probably wouldn't accept the challenge of the Formation School.

"Level three? Is it possible? He has so much time?" Cheng Wanbai frowned slightly.

Xie Danyan shrugged and said, "For that guy, there is always time."

 

............

Formation School.

"Dean, Mu Chen is here." A student hurriedly walked into the principal's office.

Hao Tu jumped up abruptly, "He's here. Where is he? Where's he?"

"He left!"

Hao Tu suddenly became angry, "Why did he leave?"

"As soon as classmate Mu entered our academy, he asked me how to pass the test and whether it was okay to draw a three-level formation pattern. A teacher said yes, and classmate Mu easily drew a three-level formation pattern and left."

Hao Tu was stunned for a moment, and said, "You mean a third-level pattern, actually a third-level pattern? Are you sure?"

Hao Tu secretly said to himself: The Formation School is declining day by day. Those students are really poor-performed. But they can tell the difference between a third-level pattern and a second-level pattern.

"President, it is indeed a third-level pattern, which was confirmed by Instructor Cai He."

Hao Tu squinted his eyes and said, "That's a sure thing then." Cai He's judgment was definitely not wrong.

Hao Tu frowned thoughtfully, and said, "He drew a third-order pattern, and you just watch him to leave?"

Everyone present was stunned, and when they came back to his senses, Mu Chen had already left.

"At that time, everyone was too shocked to realize what was going on. When they came to their senses, everyone was gone."

Hao Tu gritted his teeth and said to himself: A group of idiots. You are so weak and slow.

"What about the pattern he left behind? Forget it, I'll go take a look." Hao Tu stood up and walked out.

 

 

152. Change your mind  (1)

"Hey, have you heard? People from Mingyue Academy are coming. I heard that there is a peerless genius among them!" Lou Ruoyi said.

"A peerless genius? Even more genius than Mu Chen? I don't believe it." Mi Xue curled her lips, full of disapproval.

Lou Ruoyi rolled her eyes and gave Mi Xue a helpless glance, "Mi Xue, in your eyes, Mu Chen is the only genius left."

Mi Xue was lying on the bed, cracking sunflower seeds, and said lazily, "True! Haven't you heard of it? He drew a third-level array patterns in the Formation School. He is already a third-level formation master. Formation, inscriptions, alchemy, talisman. Apart from having children, there seems to be nothing he can't do."

"He still doesn't know how to refine weapons. The dean of the Refining Institute is deeply saddened by this." Lou Ruoyi said with a smile.

"It's because he doesn't want to learn the artifact refining. If he is willing to learn it, he will definitely master it. Learning artifact refining sweats a lot. It's really boring. No wonder Mu Chen is not willing to learn it." Mi Xue understood.

Bai Le folded his arms, sighed lightly, and gave Mi Xue a cold look, "Mu Chen is indeed a genius among geniuses, but it's a pity that he has a partner."

Mi Xue said dejectedly, "Why is Mu Chen not lustful? Don't they say that all men are lustful?" Except for Ye Shi, Mu Chen paid no attention to anyone.

"If he is lustful, what are you going to do?!" Bai Le asked.

Mi Xue shrugged and said, "If he is lustful, I might be able to go for him!"

Lou Ruoyi glared at Mi Xue angrily, "Little girl, you're so shameless."

Mi Xue glared at Lou Ruoyi and said, "There's no choice! He is so good. Ruoyi, dare you say that you're not fascinated by him?"

Lou Ruoyi gave Mi Xue a stern look, but did not speak.

"Mu Chen is indeed a genius, but I heard that there is a more talented person from Mingyue Academy named Lu Yao, fifteen years old, two-star martial art spirit, and also a fourth-level formation master." Bai Le's face was serious.

Ye Rong was surprised. A two-star martial art spirit at such a young age. There was no one in the Saint Star Academy!

"Mu Chen has an opponent this time!" Ye Rong couldn't help but said.

Mi Xue nodded and said, "Yes! If he encounters Lu Yao during the inscription competition, it's really hard to say who wins or loses."

"I heard that Mu Chen will participate in five competitions alone." Ye Rong squinted. If this guy loses, he will be humiliated. Mu Chen alone is related to fifteen places. If he loses all, I bet he will live a miserable life in the future."

At this moment, Ye Rong only had hatred for Mu Chen, and she was looking forward to see Mu Chen went bad luck.

 

............

 

When Mu Chen walked into the courtyard, Ye Shi was holding a beginner's book of the formation and reading it happily.

Perhaps it was the influence of blood, Ye Shi's talent in formation was extremely high.

Ye Shi could draw many first-level formations with just a glance. Mu Chen's understanding of formations was not as good as Ye Shi's.

Seeing Mu Chen entering the door, Ye Shi's face suddenly showed a sweet smile, "I heard that you decided to compete for the Formation School."

Mu Chen nodded lightly and said, "Yes!"

Ye Shi blinked, his eyes fluttering, "Weren't you unwilling to do that? Why did you suddenly change your mind?"

Mu Chen smiled and looked at Ye Shi closely. Ye Shi seemed calm, but there was an unconcealed expectation in his eyes, as if he wanted to confirm something.

"I suddenly figured out that it is everyone's responsibility to win glory for the academy."

When Ye Shi heard Mu Chen's words, he lowered his head in frustration.

Mu Chen smiled, put his arms around Ye Shi's waist, and kissed Ye Shi's forehead, "I'm joking. I will participate in the competition of course for you. Your father's formation skill must be extraordinary. I must surpass him and make you proud."

Ye Shi's eyes flashed a bit of pride. He clenched his fists and said, "Yes, you must be stronger than him. Let him know how powerful you are."

Mu Chen: "..." Ye Shi seems to have a big problem with his father!

"Where's the book?" Ye Shi took out the book from the space ring and gave it to Mu Chen.

"This book sucks. Every hour, it has to drink blood before I can read it." Ye Shi curled his lips.

Mu Chen bit his finger and dropped the blood on the page of the book. The blood was absorbed by the book, and the book still looked the same.

"It did not work! Is it because you drop too little blood?" Ye Shi was stunned for a moment and asked in confusion.

Mu Chen shook his head and said, "No, but I think my blood can't open this book."

Ye Shi frowned and said, "What do you mean?"

"Some big families has special bloodline, in order to ensure that the family's exercises will not be stolen by outsiders, they have come up with special methods. Such methods are not something that a small country like the Xuanfeng Empire can have." Mu Chen said.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "So that's how it is!" This stupid book actually used such a bizarre method, it seemed that the value was even more beyond his imagination!

"Put the book away. Don't use the skills in front of others easily." Mu Chen said solemnly.

This method of activating inheritance skills by blood was not foolproof. After some outsiders accidentally got this type of exercise, they would go to arrest the descendants of this family with special blood, kill them for blood, and even raise them as blood slaves so that they could get blood when needed.

Mu Chen looked at Ye Shi and said thoughtfully, "Are you interested in participating in the competition on formation?"

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen in surprise and said, "Can, can I do it?"

Mu Chen said, "Didn't you already have the ability to draw a second-level pattern?"

"However, I can only draw second-level formation patterns! Those people are already third-level formation masters." Ye Shi said with a frown.

Mu Chen said indifferently, "It doesn't matter. There is no third-level formation master in the formation school. Even if you lose, it is not a big deal. The Formation School has no one to win the competition."

"I'll think about this again." Ye Shi shook his head and said.

 

 

 

153. Change your mind  (2)

 

Ye Shi could see that Mu Chen didn't care much about the game. But he should. These days, because of the game, Master Shifu was so overwhelmed. If he lost, then he would lose three places. He couldn't afford such a big responsibility.

He didn't know if he could win the martial arts battle. Ye Shi was very confident in his own strength. However, the opponent had two martial art spirits. This was a difference in realm, not confidence that could make up for it. .

Mu Chen was surprised by Ye Shi's rejection, "There is still time. You can take advantage of these few days to work hard. Maybe you can become a third-level formation master before the people from Mingyue Academy come."

Ye Shi's eyes widened, and he said in a daze, "You think of me as you." He didn't have the extraordinary learning ability like Mu Chen!

"Didn't you say that you have never seen those formations before, but you feel familiar, and you can master them at once? That is the inheritance of the talent. Your ancestors should have superb talent in formation skills. This kind of talent is imprinted in the bloodline. Future generations, if they have the chance, can obtain this kind of talent inheritance." Mu Chen said lightly.

Ye Shi blinked. According to Mu Chen, his old man should not be an ordinary person! Unfortunately, he is not a good person. Hope that guy had a good reason.

Ye Shi bit his finger, dropped the blood on the page, and pushed the book to Mu Chen.

Looking at this scene, Mu Chen was stunned for a moment, "What are you doing?"

Ye Shi smiled and said, "Isn't this book useful to you?"

Mu Chen nodded and said, "That's right."

"You have eidetic memory, right? Hurry up and write it down. There is only one hour left. Although your formation skill has reached third level, if you want to win, you should do more research." Ye Shi smiled and said.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Okay." How could Mu Chen turn down Ye Shi's kind gesture?

Mu Chen flipped through the golden formation book, and bursts of enlightenment rose from his heart. This formation book was far from the simple and mediocre formation books in the academy. Among them, there was a formation-combining technique, which can combine many low-level formations, giving full play to the power of the formations.

Mu Chen found that he could at most accept the knowledge about the fourth-level formation in the book. If he forcibly read the fifth-level formation knowledge, he would have a headache.

Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen's ugly face and couldn't help, "Are you all right?"
Mu Chen shook his head and said, "I'm fine. It is still too early for me to learn it." The knowledge of the fifth-level formation was not something he could learn now. The fourth-level formation in the book was extensive and profound, and he had to spend some time to understand it.

"Next, I need to close up for training for a few days." Mu Chen said solemnly.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "You should."

 

............

Right after Mu Chen closed up for training, someone from Formation School came to visit.

Ye Shi watched a chubby old man coming with a few mentors.

"Student Ye, where is Mu Chen?" Hao Tu looked at Ye Shi and asked eagerly.

Ye Shi shrugged and said lightly, "He has closed up for training."

Hao Tu frowned and said, "He has?"

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes! Is there anything I can help?"

"Here is the thing. I heard that Mu Chen was promoted to a third-level formation master. I want to exchange formation skills with him. I don't know how long Mu Chen will finish his close-up training. Can you ask him for a meeting?" Hao Tu asked.

Hao Tu said modestly. Although Mu Chen could draw a third-level formation pattern and he was a third-level formation master, those from Mingyue Academy were also third-level formation masters. Mu Chen's odds of winning were not too high. Hao Tu wanted to teach Mu Chen something to improve the winning rate.

Ye Shi held his chin and said, "He just closed himself up and he won't be out for a few days. Are you coming here to ask Mu Chen for advice on the formation? If so, I can help you too."

The several mentors who came with Hao Tu suddenly looked at Hao Tu with strange expressions.

Hao Tu's face turned red, "Do you understand formation skills?"

"A little bit." Ye Shi said.

Xia Qingyan walked in and just heard what Ye Shi said, "When did you learn formation technique?" Xia Qingyan asked.

"A few days ago. Mu Chen said I am a genius." Ye Shi said proudly.

Xia Qingyan's expression changed, and she said to herself: Mu Chen was originally reluctant to participate in the competition, but suddenly agreed. Could it be because of Ye Shi? It must be. Mu Chen could be so different when it came to Ye Shi.

 

4