Retirement Song
409 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elena groaned in discomfort as she stirred awake. The sounds of birds chirping was bizarre to her and her cat ears twitched picking up a tv.

 

“Investigation into the attack on Arasaka tower last week is still underway. The car in which the explosion originated from was linked back to a John Wick. Notorious boogie man known in the European crime circles as the Bobba Yaga”

 

Suddenly the cut off and the sound of approaching footsteps echoed as her ears started to ring for no apparent reason.

 

“Hey, you awake?” 

 

Elena struggled to open her eyes luckily her ears twitched in response.

 

“Great, I’ll be right back with some soft food, you need to eat. If you had gone another day without waking up… I would’ve run out of IV fluid to get you and I cant exactly go into a city and get some.” Helen explained 

 

“Aaahh?” Elena blurbed out trying to ask what had happened although between the pain and her stomach and her horrible migraine it just sounded more like a pained groan.

 

“Stay wake I'll be right back.” Helen says as her footsteps running fade into the distance.

 

Elena suddenly felt a warm object being thrown into her arms looking down she could sea the oatmeal slop. 

 

With aching limbs, Elena managed to sit up, wincing as she did so. She gingerly picked up the bowl of oatmeal slop, its warmth comforting against her cold hands. Despite its unappetizing appearance, she knew she needed to eat something.

 

Bringing the spoon to her mouth, Elena took a hesitant bite. The taste was bland, but her growling stomach urged her to continue. Slowly, she ate, each spoonful providing a small measure of relief from her hunger.

 

Once she finished the meal, she leaned back against the pillows, feeling slightly more replenished. Turning to look out the window once again, Elena couldn’t help but ask. 

 

“Where are we?” Her voice hurting with each word. 

 

“Well, we are in a rural town in Germany.” Helen states

 

“It’s beautiful,” Elena mutters

 

“The plan was to retire here for a while when I got bored of the public,” Helen states

 

“So, are we taking a break then?” Elena asks her ear twitching. 

 

“Just until you recover and however long you wish to slow down for. Once you are ready for some Florida levels of chaos we’ll hit Arasaka at home.” Helen states

 

"I wouldn't mind taking it slow for a while," Elena says.

9