Episode 2: Decision (6: LM)
32 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘What a good rapper!’

Sara exclaimed internally. She hadn’t heard of many female rappers that could sound so aggressive and fluent in their rapping than the one flowing into her ears right now, and Sara couldn’t help herself but look at the advertisement screen to see who was behind this voice.

On the screen, Sara saw a tall girl with short brown hair and bright amber eyes; rather pretty, with the combination of her short hair and somewhat chiselled features, her appearance came off as somewhat tomboy, further emphasised by her loose, casual clothing. She was probably in her very early 20’s.

The tall brown-haired rapper was grasping the mic tightly as her words flowed, her short brown hair barely moving despite her sharp movements on the stage. She seemed to be on a wide stage with what looked to be a line up of judges in front of a massive crowd of cheering people sitting in the audience.

Sara understood immediately that this was probably from some sort of idol competition where several idols in-training competed for several reasons; the show could be a public audition, promotion for the individual and/or their group, the creation of a new idol group, etc.

Sara hadn’t watched one of these in a bit, so failed to fully recognise what particular series the one before her is, and it was also hard to tell what the show's purpose was either.

Searching the screen, Sara eventually found the name of the girl.

Birth Name: Lesley Morris

Stage Name: LM

[LM.]

Sara whispered under her breath as she let the flow of the woman’s words play in her ear until eventually the song came to its climactic conclusion to the cheer of the crowd and the judges alike. She was clearly favoured, and Sara had to agree with their enthusiasm for the woman’s rapping.

Now that she thought about it, somehow, Sara felt like she had heard the name LM before…

Sara watched the clip till the end and was surprised when a still image appeared of the same woman, only now sporting violet highlights in her hair. On the screen was several pieces of sentences that seemed to have been written by her fans; but what stood out for Sara most was the following statements:

[Please support LM in her future debut under Petal Entertainment!!! – XXXX]

[Good luck at Petal Entertainment LM, good luck to the other girls too!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!! – XXXX]

‘Could it…’

Sara marvelled at the coincidence, but was further convinced when she remembered why the name LM was so familiar. Her name had come up in the possible members of Director Wallace’s girl group when Sara was researching on the subject.

‘I guess it’s been confirmed.’

Sara continued to ponder on all of that as she continued her walk home, concluding that she must look this girl up and maybe check if there is information on the other members as well while she was at it.

‘But first, I should help mum and dad at the bakery.’

Sara concluded the issue, putting it to the back of her mind for now. It was still midday, so the bakery would be open a little bit long, so Sara chose to help out a little before heading to her room to study the questions eating away at her thoughts.

Greeting her mum and dad, Sara put on her apron and got to work, only finishing a few hours later when the store finally closed up for the day.

Wishing her parent's goodnight, Sara yawned as she closed her bedroom door behind her and stumbled into her room; it had been another long day and she was tired. Changing into a comfy pair of pyjamas, Sara tucked herself into bed and connected her phone to the charger before finally beginning her research of the woman known as “LM”.

Sadly, there wasn’t much information on Lesley Morris, otherwise known as LM online. She had only appeared in the entertainment industry last year when she very successfully reached no.3 in the Idol competition show, “Idol Steps”. This was apparently rather amazing, as most idols who reached that high in the rankings were usually vocalists in that particular show.

In Idol Steps, one of the biggest rewards was that Idols who made it into the final twelve could choose a company to be under, though certain companies would require an even higher criteria to join, such as Petal Entertainment who would only accept an idol who had made it in the top six.

After going under Petal Entertainment, not much has been seen from LM outside of a few livestreams and performances. Netizens only know that she would obviously debut under the company at some point in the future, but be that on her own or as part of a group, there had been no public statement; though there had been growing speculation that she would be apart of Director Wallace’s new girl group. Which as Sara now knew, had just been revealed as true, prompting her fans to get her video out on the advertisement screen as a way to help promote their favourite artist—as Sara had obviously seen first hand.

Sara was unable to find information on any other possible member of the group besides LM however, quickly reaching the limits of what she could find out about the group.

‘There are rumours that the group is to debut sometime in the next few months though…’

Sara murmured internally.

‘Does Director Wallace really want to debut me on such short notice? It’s very unlikely that the company would debut two girl groups so close to each other after all… So unless I'm supposed to join a group way into the future...’

Sara thought it surprising, but then she remembered having heard of some groups who had also had members added seemingly last minute as well. So maybe it wasn’t so strange after all. It didn’t make things easier on her however…

‘Tomorrow, I’ll have to tell Director Wallace my decision…’

Sara pondered with a little anxiety, the light of her phone turning off as she rested her head back into her pillow, eyes staring blankly at the roof.

‘My decision…’

Sara closed her eyes and sighed.

‘I think… Yeah, it seems that I’ve already come to a decision…’

Nervousness kept Sara up longer than usual that night, her mind a bundle of questions until she finally drifted off into semi-peaceful unconsciousness…

2