Chapter 7
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Orion originally thought that Efrain was going to put something on his wrist on the spur of the moment, but it was hanging on his ankle. It was a brown braided anklet with a green bead. The bead was cool, swaying on his ankle. Looking at the anklet, Orion felt that it was like a small snake around his leg.

It was obviously in the same style as the long whip, but their uses were different. When the clogs were back on his feet, Orion tactfully took his legs back from Efrain's lap. Efrain liked to be clean, so Orion was afraid that the clogs would dirt Efrain's suit pants and that Efrain would pinch his face again. Efrain had a bad temper and could not be offended.

Orion moved back to his seat. The two became serious, and there was a distance between them. It was impossible to tell that one of them had just sat on the other's lap, and their gazes were intertwined. Leonel, who was driving, looked at them in the rearview mirror and felt that the atmosphere in the car was really passionate.

The car wobbled and stopped at the entrance of Mortane Theater. The sky hadn't cleared yet, so Leonel opened an umbrella for Efrain. Orion wanted to hold the umbrella himself, but Efrain beckoned to him with the umbrella in hand. Orion felt that something was wrong, so he hesitated for a moment before Efrain called out, "Mr. Hooper, come here."

Orion could only stay under Efrain's umbrella, bringing him coolness and dampness. Efrain didn't do anything intimate to Orion and only slightly tilted the umbrella toward him from a reasonable distance. Unexpectedly, there weren't many people in the theater. They entered the box. The opera hadn't started yet. As soon as they sat down, an errand boy ran over and whispered in Leonel's ear.

Leonel immediately conveyed the message. Efrain looked calm and only nodded his head. Then he got up and walked out of the box. Orion was sitting in his seat and drinking coffee. The fruits and vegetables were all over the table, and the delicate cups were made of blue and white porcelain. Orion always loved these things and felt that they were wonderful. He put down the coffee cup. He drank too much, so his stomach inevitably swelled.

Orion stood up to use the bathroom, but Leonel stopped him. Orion patiently explained that he wanted to go to the restroom. Leonel called over an errand boy and ordered him to lead the way. Orion was unhappy, but he didn't show it on his face. He only told the errand boy not to follow him after he went to the restroom. He was a guest, not a prisoner.

Unexpectedly, he got lost on the way back. It was as if he was destined to go to that room that day. Siena Valdez, the famous actress of Mortane Theater, was good at acting, beautiful, and popular. Siena was often in the news, so Orion naturally knew about her. There were a few big shots behind Siena.

Orion had never thought that one of them would be Efrain. The hollowed-out wooden window was exquisite. Siena was a hot star, so the treatment was good, and her lounge was elegant. A cherry blossom tree was next to the room, and the ground was covered with white flowers. In the window, Siena had not put on makeup yet. Her long smooth hair was hanging over her chest.

Siena held a fan in her hand to cover half of her face. The sleeves of her red robe were rolled up, exposing her soft and fair wrists. Her fingernails were red. She was singing a song. Her voice was melodious, and even Orion was blown away by her singing.

Orion wanted to watch the fun. He dried the mahogany armrest in the corridor, lifted his robe, and sat down. However, the wooden clogs ruined his plan again. They fell from his feet and knocked on the ground as if playing an accompaniment for Siena. It was so abrupt that it disturbed the people in the room looking at each other.

Orion lifted the hem of his robe with an awkward expression. He raised his eyes and looked into the room. Efrain, who had excellent hearing, was already standing before the window and looking at him.

Orion didn't want to run. He hadn't done anything wrong, so why should he run? He smiled at them through the cherry blossom and stood on one foot to look for his shoes. He stepped on the blossom and crushed it, ready to leave. Orion thought, "It's time for me to leave after watching the fun. Since Efrain came to meet his lover, why did he bring me over?

"Does he want us to be jealous? He's so shameless."

Orion had forgotten that he had lost his way. He finally went back to the box after making many detours. Efrain was already sitting at the table with a pocket watch in his hand. The watch cover was opened. There was a tickling sound. The peanut shells left by Orion were next to Efrain's sleeve, and beside them was a hairpin. For some reason, Orion stopped.

Seeing Orion, Leonel quickly stepped forward and invited him to take a seat. Orion walked at a steady pace. He moved slowly as if he was unwilling to do so. As he approached, Efrain raised his hand and held Orion's right hand with his smooth palm.

Orion's steps became brisk again. Perhaps it was because he was being dragged. His clogs knocked on the ground in a hurry. The light dimmed, and the opera began. Orion sat back down, but it wasn't his seat. He sat close to Efrain's stool, his sleeves and shoulders against Efrain's. The curtains opened, waiting for the actresses and actors.

Orion was initially sitting upright, but the stool had no back support, so he gradually leaned forward. When the heroine, played by Siena, sporting a red shirt and shiny hair accessories, appeared, Orion was already half-lying prone on the table with his legs crossed. He was eating the cookies on the table.

This time, he didn't look graceful at all, munching on cookies noisily. He occasionally looked at Siena and then turned to look at Efrain. There seemed to be many things in his mind, but he could only say them to himself.

It was probably Orion's straightforward gaze that annoyed Efrain. Orion's chin was pinched, and he was dragged out of the room. Siena was singing miserably in chains on the stage. With crumbs on his lower lip, Orion was pulled into Efrain's embrace.

The thin crumbs stuck to Orion's lower lip. Efrain stared at him for a long time before wiping off the crumbs with his thumb. Orion's lip was pressed down and turned slightly pale. Efrain remarked with disgust, "You're dirty."

Orion's face immediately turned red from embarrassment and anger, as if he had put on makeup. His grayish-blue eyes turned warm and cute. They looked like chocolate wrapped in blue sugar paper. Orion angrily extricated himself from Efrain's arms and gulped down a cup of coffee. He frowned and said, "The food here isn't delicious. Only this kind of cookie is pretty good."

On the stage, Siena, singing the opera, looked across at Efrain and Orion. Unfortunately, the two were indifferent. Siena only saw one of them turn around and say something. Efrain leaned forward. They were very close, as if they were kissing.

Siena was unsettled and almost sang the wrong words. She could only force herself not to look in that direction and steady her tone as she continued to sing.

Did Efrain and Orion kiss? No. They were just so close to each other that some people misunderstood. Efrain only held a cookie in his hand and stuffed it into Orion's mouth. They looked intimate. The crumbs fell on Orion's mouth and melted. His mouth was full of sweetness. He licked the crumbs, and his eyelashes drooped.

Orion's long eyelashes fluttered charmingly. Thus, Efrain bent forward again and blew on Orion's eyelids as if he was teasing Orion. His long eyelashes trembled even more violently. Orion closed his eyes and opened them again. Orion looked at Efrain's eyes, realizing their mouths were only an inch away from each other.

Efrain retreated bit by bit. Orion could no longer sense his warm breath. He felt empty in his heart. He had almost caught up to Efrain and lost face.

As if he hadn't noticed Orion's loss of composure, Efrain took out a new handkerchief and wiped Orion's mouth. With a smile, Efrain said, "When you go out, prepare a few more handkerchiefs to wipe your mouth." Orion let him wipe his mouth clean before saying, "It's obvious you didn't feed me properly. You require more training, it seems."

0