Chapter 52: Eternal Paradise Cult
97 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Old man Saburo’s voice was slightly trembling, obviously recalling the unbearable memories of those few days.

“After all, I did not find the bodies of Tanjiro and one of his sisters. They, they…”

“Don’t worry, Mr. Saburo, Tanjiro and Nezuko have joined the demon slayer corps, they are not in danger.”

“Really? Then that’s good, that’s good, it’s already good enough…”

Maple’s reply made old man Saburo release a long sigh of relief, and sat down on his knees again.

“I was a bit out of line, please forgive me Mr. Feng.”

Saburo wiped the tears from the corner of his eyes, and gradually adjusted his excited behavior.

“Please wait a moment, I have previously drawn a map of the nearby mountains, and the former Kamado residence is marked on it. I will get it right away.”

“There is a map? Then I would trouble Mr. Saburo.”

This additional gain was beyond Maple’s expectation, he knew that in this era, a lot of energy and time were required to draw a map. This map should have been drawn slowly by Mr. Saburo once he retired.

Now, he owed this old man a “favor”.

The sound of rummaging through boxes and cabinets echoed in the wooden house. After a while, Saburo returned to the main room with a somewhat yellowed paper and handed it to Maple.

“It’s alright, I’m old, my legs are no longer convenient. I have not used this map for a long time, if it can help Mr. Feng, it would be able to show its true value.”

Seeing Maple put away the map carefully, Sabur smiled and nodded, seemingly recalling the years gone by.

Suddenly, at this moment, an old man’s urgent shout was heard from outside the door.

“Saburo, Saburo!”

Accompanied by the shout was a series of bursting rapid footsteps. Before Saburo could reply, the wooden door was pushed open by a small old man, so much that the door made a cracking sound.

“Saburo! You have the best head here, you need to help me!”

The old man was short in stature and had a messy goatee. His plain clothes and weathered skin told Maple that he was an ordinary old town citizen.

But judging from the old man’s behavior, it seemed that he was a good friend of Saburo in this town, otherwise, he would not be so “rude”.

Seeing Saburo looking at him with some embarrassment, Maple shook his head, showing that it did not matter. After all, he had obtained what he came for, if it could also help make up for the “favor” he just owed, it would also be good.

For Maple, who was involved in mystery, this kind of “favor” had some “significance”, it is best to “return” it as soon as possible.

Knowing that Maple did not care about it, Saburo was relieved, turned his head and looked at his old friend.

“Haruto, what’s wrong? You are not usually in such a hurry.”

“Saburo, I truly have no other choice, you see, I…”

At this moment, the old man called “Haruto” also saw Maple who was sitting beside Saburo, and immediately realized his rashness, the thing he wanted to say was stuck in his throat, not knowing what to do.

“Ah, Haruto, it’s alright, this is ‘Mr. Feng’, a hunter from a nearby town, heard that I was familiar with this mountainous area, and so came for advice. If you need to, you can also ask him for help.”

While explaining Maple’s “identity” carefully, Saburo also communicated with Maple using demon slayer corps hand gestures and reached a tacit understanding.

“A hunter? That’s great, Mr. Feng, please help me kill those scum!”

“Haruto?”

Before Saburo could ask any question, Haruto started telling his stories as though frying beans.

“It’s my granddaughter, Yoko! Saburo, you should know that I only have one relative left! But a few days ago, not sure what magic those ‘cultists’ of unknown origin used to make her believe that, what was it “happiness sect”, now Yoko would not listen to what I said and wanted to go with those ‘beasts’, even saying that it is for the sake of preaching!”

Speaking here, Haruto’s old eyes seemed to visibly burst with anger.

“(Country slang)! Did they think I’m blind? I did not understand the way those (country slang) looked at Yoko?! The Devil knows how many girls they have harmed! Mr. Feng, I no longer need you to kill them, what is the price for you to scrap that garbage? I promise, as long as this old man is still breathing, I will not mention your name!!”

“Religion is it?”

Maple’s eyes narrowed, recalling the young man’s words when he came here. He roughly understood the end result. But what made Maple completely serious was the name of the cult that Haruto mentioned.

“Mr. Haruto, I would like to ask you a crucial question, this is related to whether I will accept your ‘commission’ or not.”

He secretly gestured at Saburo, allowing him to understand the seriousness of the matter, Maple also asked the nervous Haruto with a deep voice.

“You need to remember correctly, what is the full name of the cult? This is very important!”

“Cult name? This, hiss…wait, let me think…”

When Haruto saw the solemn face of Saburo and this “Mr. Feng”, he also realized that the name of the cult contains some important information. He immediately frowned and thought hard.

“How did Yoko say it? It seemed to have five words, was it ‘bliss’? or was it ‘happiness’?”

Hearing this, Maple immediately had a guess, and immediately said.

“Was it ‘eternal paradise faith’?”

“Yes, yes! Eternal paradise faith! it was this (country slang) name! Have you heard of it, Mr. Feng?”

“That’s right…this cult is quite notorious.”

Maple beat around the bush noncommittally, only the retired demon slayer, Saburo, understood Maple's previous gesture to refer to “twelve-demon moons”.

“Mr. Feng!”

Saburo looked a little anxious, although he did not know the specific strength of this ‘soul pillar’, but generally speaking, to defeat a twelve-demon moon, you need to dispatch multiple “pillars”, especially for the upper-ranked demon. There is almost no chance of winning!

He was truly afraid that this young soul pillar would be so enthusiastic that he would rush into a twelve-demon moon’s lair.

“It’s okay, Mr. Saburo, do not worry, I will not act recklessly.”

Although Maple comforted Saburo in this manner, his mind had actually become more active, after all he himself never thought that he would encounter such a “surprise” when he went out for a walk. This was truly a “double bliss”.

The founder of the eternal paradise faith is the upper-ranked 2nd demon, Domo!

4