Chapter 53: Sneaking
108 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I still can’t kill him right now, otherwise Muzan would definitely be alarmed.”

Maple calculated in his heart. After all, with his “kill on sight” level soul breathing, it was not difficult to harvest Domo’s life regardless of whether he was prepared or not.

But Maple was very clear, with the characteristics of Muzan as the “demon king”, he would definitely detected the news of Domo’s death, or to exaggerate it even more, to be able to access Domo’s memory on his battle with Domo, if that was the case, his plan to hunt the demon king would fall short.

“However, if I can stealthily retrieve some of Domo’s demon blood, it will be a beneficial endeavor without any disadvantage. If Shinobu uses the blood to create poison specifically targeting Domo, tsk tsk, then Domo is already a dead corpse.”

Thinking of this, Maple had already made a decision, in regards to this mission of “leaving no trace behind”, no one in this world could be compared to Maple who had “anti-tracking and anti-detection divination skills.”

After all, [danger sense] skill which directly utilized spirituality was not a vegetarian. In this regard, Kocho Shinobu who had the “unlucky” experience could help him testify.

“Mr. Feng, could this sect be…very ‘hard’?”

Haruto who did not know the specific situation saw both the old man and young man were acting strangely, he had an ominous premonition in his heart. He thought the sect might have some unknown “background” or even had funding from a big noble.

Although to a certain extent, Haruto’s “premonition” could not be said to be completely wrong.

“Then Yoko, what about her? Could it be that…”

Haruto did not even want to imagine her daughter’s future after falling into the demon’s cave. Tears had already started falling down his old face.

“Mr. Haruto, the situation is not that bad yet. At least I can rescue your granddaughter.”

At this moment, the words said by Maple stunned Haruto. His eyes full of vicissitudes were filled with hope.

“Really, really?! Mr. Feng, are you telling the truth!”

“Of course, Mr. Haruto, this is only rescuing someone. I will not have a frontal conflict with this cult.”

Maple chuckled as he told Haruto about his method as well as “hinting” to Saburo about his next “plan”…

After all, infiltrating to collect blood stealthily, was not a “frontal conflict”, right?  

As for the “misunderstanding” that Saburo had after hearing it, Maple could only say, everything was just Mr. Saburo’s personal speculation and could not be counted.

“Mr. Feng, how should I thank you…”

Before Haruto could finish his words, Maple chuckled and interrupted him.

“Mr. Haruto, there is no need for thank you, after all, I owed Mr. Saburo a big favor. You can just consider this as Mr. Saburo using this ‘favor’ on your behalf.”

“That’s right, that was also what I meant to do, then I’ll bother Mr. Feng with what comes next.”

At the side, Maple also saw the secret message sent by Maple, and immediately followed through Maple’s words in a kind manner. Although he himself did not feel that a map was a big “favor”, however, since Maple recognized it that way, Saburo could do nothing about it.

“Everything, I'll put everything in your hands, Mr. Feng!”

Haruto’s words of gratitude was stuck in his throat, such a great kindness still made this old man knelt deeply and performed a “dogeza”, his voice trembling and excited.

Night, on the wilderness at the outskirt of the town, a cluster of lanterns shone from dilapidated wooden house, visibly illuminating several vague figures by the door.

“Hiss…the wind tonight is rather chilly.”

A young man could not help but shiver as he held onto his thin cloak tightly. He could not help but chat trying to relieve the anxiety in his heart.

“Hai…, you are just scaring yourself, lord founder is here, how can there be a problem?”

Hearing the young man’s words, the bearded man curled his lips indifferently, his eyes flashed with a trace of fanaticism.

“Soon, it will be our turn to ‘change shift’, remember, as long as we can satisfy lord founder’s ‘meal’, we will be able to enjoy eternal bliss and escape from this miserable world! As for the pregnant woman, it is our best atonement…”

Unfortunately, before the big man finished speaking, he saw the young man in front of him looked at him as though seeing a great horror. 

“What happened?”

The big man wanted to ask, it was only then he realized that he could no longer speak, even his vision had started to change…

[Huh?]

This was the big man’s final though, unfortunately no one had replied to his question before his consciousness disappear.

Moonlight penetrated though the thin clouds onto the new pool of blood in front of the wooden house’s door, reflecting a strange and mysterious light.

“Drip…drip…”

Along with the dripping sound of blood, a figure holding a knife flashed across the wooden house’s paper window, followed by the sound of opening and closing the secret room door. Soon, deathly silence once again fell upon the wooden house.

Below the wooden house was a huge room that had obviously been frequently repaired. The winding passages connected to the rooms that seemed to belong to the believers. The opulent decorations and the icy crystals dotting the room made them particularly exquisite.

Unfortunately, within the secret room, sounds of groaning were heard form time to time which made it impossible to be interested in the view in front of him.

What’s even more regrettable was that, tonight, the secret room seemed to have unknowingly became even stranger.

“Hu! It feels really good! Senior Kitahara, you really have a good eye.”

As the secret room door opened, amidst the unpleasant smell, two middle aged man could be seen was tying their belt, laughing, while walking out to the corridor. As though they were planning to leave this temporary base.

“Of course! Yoshino, let me tell you, this senior has a lot of ‘experience’, my vision is naturally not bad! Let me tell you…”

The man called “Kitahara” patted his chest while turning his head towards Yoshino to tell his “story”, but, when he turned his head, Kitahara’s words were stuck in his throat.

He only saw an empty corridor, where did Yoshino go?!

“Yoshino! Where are you?!”

Kitahara’s face turned pale from fright, as he hurriedly shouted, as if by doing so, he could get a response from Yoshino.

However, something strange happened.

It was obviously a loud shout, but Kitahara noticed that there were no echoes in the big underground room, the silence was extremely strange, this made Kitahara started to wonder, did he even shouted just now?

Suddenly, Kitahara showed a relieved smile, as if he had heard a familiar voice.

“What! Yoshino, you almost scared me to death, next time don’t hide behind me anymore.”

Kitahara smiled while turning his head, as if he was extremely sure that “Yoshino” was standing in the empty space behind him.

He did not notice that his own head, had turned beyond the possible limit for a human. It was obviously turning head, but Kitahara actually turned his head “360o”, and saw Yoshino “in front of” him, only then did they notice the other party’s abnormal “head turn”.

“AAHHHHH!!!”

4