Chapter 54: Extracting the Blood Smoothly
101 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kitahara and Yoshino screamed in horror at the same time, normally, this would be enough to scare all the believers in this secret room, even the “founder”, but tonight, nobody seemed to notice.

The activity of the believers seemed to be normal, until along the passage of time did they realize something was wrong…

The number of people, why did it become fewer and fewer?!

“Damn it! Quickly make a roll call, how many of us are left?!”

A young man who seemed to be a deacon was sweating as he anxiously asked the rest of the people to assemble so that he could calculate the number of believers still alive.

“Faster, faster! All of you stand properly, if we anger the lord founder, it would already be good enough if you do not go to hell!”

However, at this moment, the panicking and anxious believers could no longer acknowledge the deacon’s words, because they realized that when the deacon was giving an instruction, they noticed several people beside had disappeared when they looked around!

Run away!!

This strangeness spread quietly, all the believers had gone over the limit and broken down, if they did not escape this secret room, who knew who would disappear next, could it be themselves?

“Quickly, go and find lord founder, go and find lord founder!”

Some “smart” believers remembered the “lord founder” who was in the depths of the secret room, and hurriedly shouted.

“Lord founder can definitely save us!”

Seemingly remembering the powerful and miraculous power of the lord founder, the restless group slowly became more organized, unfortunately, right at this moment, a gentle voice whose gender was difficult to distinguish was heard.

“Aiya...I’m sorry, I can’t save you people.”

Hearing the familiar voice, the believers excitedly turned their heads and looked at “lord founder” who was walking out from the depth of the secret room.

“Lord founder, you have arrived!”

“Lord founder!”

“Lord founder, what did you mean just now?”

“Lord founder, you must save me! For the faith, I have donated more than half of my properties!”

The excited crowd in the room immediately burst out noisily. The crying and suffering look of these ordinary people was reflected in Doma’s blinking red eyes.

“Aiya...humanity are truly defective creatures...even now, have you not realized?”

An extremely indifferent smile was seen on Doma’s face, a pair of sharp fangs dazzling with cold light, his gaze had skipped the “still alive” bodies in front of him, and looked at the inconspicuous figure at the corner of the group of people.

“Everyone of you has died, I can not “rescue” people who are already dead. Don’t you think so? Little ‘thief’ who had sneaked inside?”

As Doma’s words were heard, a certain “distance” that had been blurred became clear again, it was at this moment, all the believers noticed on the throat of every single person, there was a blood red line.

“This...when did this happen?”

Just as these believers had this thought, the “distanced” death had arrived.

Sounds of bodies dropping to the ground were heard.

One by one, corpses with separated head and body powerlessly fell to the ground, which drew a terrifying scene, however, it was unable to cause any fluctuations on Doma’s smile.

“Clap, clap, clap.”

Clear sounds of applause were heard, surrounded by the scene of blood flowing all around him, Doma’s gaze toward “Maple” became even more curious.

“What a great kill, little thief, I allow you to name yourself. Honestly speaking, I felt like turning you into a demon. That would be more interesting, right?”

However, seeing the young man, who was wearing a full-body cloak in front of him, did not give out a single sound, Doma curled his lips in boredom.

“Well, you don’t seem to be interested? Nevermind, after all, you have killed so many of my believers, then I should just take you as a replacement. I seem to be lacking a manager?”

“Pa!!”

While speaking, Doma shook both his hands. Two golden fans made crisp sounds at the same time. A cold fog spread starting from Doma at the center.

[Blood Demon Art – Lotus Vines]

Along with the movement of the golden fans, numerous entangling frozen crystal vines appeared from the air, looking like toxic snakes and went straight towards the “anonymous”.

“Clang!!”

Blade unsheathed, Doma saw a silver colored blade flash with indifferentiable fast-slow speed which immediately cut off the ice lotus vines and caused it to fall to the ground forming crystal dust.

“Ai? Is that nichirin blade? So you are a demon slayer.”

The probing attack was easily broken, Doma did not show any trace of anger, instead a smile of “pleasure” appeared.

“Aiya, It seemed to have become more interesting, if you become a demon, it would be very fun!”

[Blood Demon Art – Freezing Clouds]

Doma’s seven-colored rainbow-like eyes flashed with a hint of cunning, he waved both fans and used blood demon art to raise a howling ice crystal that swept towards the demon slayer like a mist.

“?!”

The freezing mist that was all over the place flowed towards the figure, however, Doma’s keen senses noticed that the figure was just a decoy made from illusion.

“Is it an illusion? All of you always like to use these kinds of little tricks.”

Before his words even finished, a sonorous sound of blade was heard behind Doma, the silver blade slash moved towards Doma’s neck unhindered, decapitating the demon’s head.

However, this demon slayer still appeared tense, ever since Doma had been “decapitated”, he had yet to relax his vigilance, he even retreated, and once again distanced himself from the “corpse”.

“Ai? You are so cautious. How unfortunate…”

[Blood Demon Art – Crystalline Divine Child]

In the end, just as the demon slayer retreated, the decapitated “Doma” turned into an ice puppet which exploded, as for Doma himself, he appeared from the flying ice crystals, while muttering regretfully.

“I thought that move would have caught you, how ‘slippery’.”

Looking at the demon slayer, who was on guard against himself, not far away, Doma still had the time to look at the nichirin blade, which was dazzling like glass, in the demon slayer’s hand.

“Is this is your nichirn blade? Uh...I have never seen this type before, but it was so beautiful, it’s decided, I’ll still kill you, then I will keep this nichirin blade.”

Speaking of this, Doma showed a smile of success, as if he had initiated his ice control blood demon art.

“”!Kekeke!!”

The waiting demon slayer's body suddenly stiffened, as if an unbearable pain was felt in his chest, as if he was about to suffocate.

“Your capabilities are passable, at least better than the ‘pillar’ I previously met, but you have neglected the ice crystal that you breathed in.”

Seeing the pillar” who was in pain, Doma licked his lips, and waved the golden fan in his hand. Numerous icicles were formed above the “pillar” who had lost his ability to move.

[Blood Demon Art – Wintry Icicles]

“Then, farewell.”

The golden fan waved down, the icicles in the air fell, and expectedly punched through the body of the demon slayer.

Fresh blood scattered, this demon slayer that had infiltrated into his “residence” quickly lost his life and fell to the ground.

“Ai! If this continues, I won’t be able to live in this place anymore, how troublesome. I wonder if I can ask lord Muzan to apply for new believers?”

Keeping the fan back into his waist, Doma scratched his hair in distress, seeing the “messy stains” in front of him, he used blood demon art to create an ice puppet to clean them up while turning towards the exit of the secret room. Obviously giving up this temporary residence.

It’s just that, Doma seemed to have forgotten something, that glass-like nichirin blade, after he had killed that “pillar”, the blade disappeared. And from the beginning to the end, he seemed to have not realized that he had neglected this huge abnormality, and had even “forgotten” that he wanted to collect the blade!

“Clang!”

Wearing a gray-base with silver-patterned haori, Maple slowly resheathed the glowing “soul blade”, a pair of green eyes silently observed Doma, who had been trapped in [soul mist lock], in front of him.

“This Doma…, why did he laugh so stupidly?”

Although he did not know what kind of illusion Doma was trapped in, looking at the ridiculous smile, Maple felt slightly offended…

If he had not had [despair], would his smile be similar to this emotionless Doma?

Thinking of this, Maple, who was carefully cutting Doma’s neck to extract some blood, unconsciously increased his strength.

“These three big tubes of blood should be enough.”

Shaking the three tubes of red fresh blood in his hands, Maple nodded his head and placed it carefully on his body, then looked towards the three dazed young women in the pool of blood.

These three women were rescued along the way by Maple, one of them was Yoko, when Maple met them, these young women had realized that they had been scammed. Since the prison cell was not far, they had seen the tragic fate of those like them.

It’s just that, after Maple rescued them, the experience of escaping from death made them lose control. Maple had no other choice but to hypnotize them. Let them “rest” for a while.

“Okay, now everything is done.”

Maple placed Yoko on his shoulder and tucked the other two girl under his armpits, he looked around the corpse of the evil faith believer to ensure that everything had been arranged properly, then he activated [danger sense] once again to disrupt any other traces that had remained, and walked away with a light steps.

After Maple had left around half an hour, [soul mist lock] was automatically released and Doma slowly regained his clarity.

“Ai! If this continues, I won’t be able to live in this place anymore, how troublesome. I wonder if I can ask lord Muzan to apply for new believers?”

The scene that was exactly the same as in the illusion and the words he repeated himself did not let Doma notice anything wrong. He just repeated the same act before he left, not even realizing that just now three big tubes of his demon blood had been drawn by other people.

“Mr. Saburo, Mr. Haruto, Yoko, goodbye.”

Next day, outside the town, Maple, who had worn his demon slayer outfit again, waved his hand, and said goodbye to the two old men and Yoko, who had just been rescued.

“Mr. Feng, great kindness, great virtue, truly can not thank you enough, our family would definitely enshrine your longevity tablet!”

“Mr. Feng! Thank you! We’ll meet again if we are fated!”

Old Saburo, who only waved his hand and did not say anything to lord “soul pillar”, looked at the crying old friend and blushing young lady, he released a long sigh in his heart, a complicated emotion flashed across his eyes.

“Lord Soul Pillar, wish you a smooth journey!”

This is the most sincere wish of Saburo, who was a member of demon slayer corps, towards every “pillar”, because only they knew the burden of responsibilities on the shoulders of those “pillars”.

As if Maple had felt the fluctuations of Saburo’s complicated emotions, Maple’s eyes flashed, and looked at this retired demon slayer and nodded slightly at him, then he no longer stayed and immediately departed to the mountain to look for the “blue spider lily”.

“Jinggling!”

A coin was flipped and caught by Maple with one hand.

“Face. Everything will go smoothly.”

Looking at the divination result before leaving, Maple nodded and with a flash of his body, he disappeared into the deep forest.

4