Chapter 57: [Beyonder] who traveled the realms
77 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“There is some relation.”

Maple paused for a while then informed him of the information Kyojuro would find out sooner or later.

“I’ve noticed Tanjiro’s ‘dance of fire god’ is the lost sun breathing technique.”

“?!”

This information, which was neither big nor small, made Kyojuro’s eyes shrink but he did not lose his composure.

Because in regards to the power of the “lost” sun breathing technique, all “pillars” had some understanding of it, and it was because they understood it, they did not covet it.

The requirements for The “Sun Breathing Technique” were truly immense, even if it was not lost, the number of people who could master the Sun Breathing Technique would still be few.

Moreover, every single demon slayer that could become a “pillar”, would be very talented, and they would have found the most suitable breathing technique for themselves, some created their breathing technique, and others created their sword art, if they were to take up the origin breathing technique at this moment, the improvement towards themselves would not be considerable.

“Mr. Feng, if what you meant was …”

Kyojuro, whose face was a little ugly also had this kind of thought, but Maple quickly said the things he truly wanted to say.

“Senior Rengoku, you misunderstood me, of course, I would not ask the “pillars” to try The Sun Breathing Technique. What I truly wanted to say was the omen brought by its reappearance.”

“Omen brought by its reappearance?”

Kyojuro chewed this sentence carefully, and his keen sense allowed him to quickly think of a possible future.

“Do you mean! The demon king?!”

Kyojuro keenly understood the implications of the reappearance of the Sun Breathing Technique, he was so excited by the prospect he shouted it out, if Maple hadn't used “Spiritual wall”, the irregularity would’ve been noticed by others.

“That’s right, there will be a reaction from the Muzan, the demon king, additionally, Senior Rengoku, I’m aware you are of the understanding that Shinobu and I often stay in the pharmaceutical room, I extracted some blood from Tanjiro and his sister and tested their blood separately and noticed something surprising.”

“Speak.”

“I found that within the blood of Tanjiro and Nezuko, a medicinal effect from blue spider lily, Senior Rengoku probably does not understand much about this medicine, Blue spider lily, after going through a certain process, will allow demons to move normally under the sun!”

“What! That Nezuko…”

Kyojuro could no longer control the fluctuations in his heart, he did not think of what he was going to do to Kamado siblings that he had approved of, but he was considering what would happen if that terrifying demon king knew about this, what kind of crazy action he would commit!

According to Maple’s calculations, Kyojuro should have realized many points, for example, if Nezuko could not quickly turn back into a human, then the emergence of evolved demons who did not fear sunlight was only a matter of time. It was still alright since Nezuko would not hurt other people, but if Muzan was to see Nezuko like this…

“Mr. Feng, do you have a way?”

Forcefully controlling his boiling emotions, Kyojuro noticed that Maple’s expression from the very beginning was calm, and also began to calm down and quickly asked.

“How should I put it, what we have here is an opportunity for the demon slayer corps, there is a chance that we could completely slay Muzan.”

“Slay the demon king? But our strength…”

The moment he heard Maple’s thought, Kyojuro was a bit excited, but quickly regained his composure, and continued listening to Maple’s plan.

“Senior Rengoku, what I truly wanted the “pillars” to master, is this technique.”

While he spoke, Maple opened the [Transparent World], and the sudden change in the atmosphere almost made Kyojuro unconsciously draw his Nichirin blade.

“Mr. Feng, your aura! How did you do that? What a terrifying realm!”

Feeling the immortal-like misty temperament on Maple, Kyojuro realized that he seemed to be unable to lock onto Maple’s breath, it was, as though he was looking for a tree that had completely blended into nature.

Maple knew, his C-level [transparent world] was stronger than those [transparent world] that had just awakened, after all, this was because of his foundation, however, this did not discount the strength of this combat skill.

“Senior Rengoku, I call this [transparent world], after entering this state, I can ‘see’ the minute changes in my enemies’ bodies, and can also have better control over my own body, it can also completely hide the breath.”

Hearing Maple’s conclusion, Kyojuro immediately realizes the advantages of [transparent world].

“This, I don’t think this is something that could be learned in a short time…”

After hearing Maple gradually explain the state of [transparent world], while Kyojuro was impressed with Maple’s strength, he was also somewhat unsure of Maple’s plan…

For all “pillars” to master this [transparent world]? Frankly speaking, Kyojuro only had some faith that big brother Himejima could do it.

“I understand, senior Rengoku, that’s why, I have another plan.”

Maple suddenly became solemn, and finally spoke of a plan that subverted Kyojuro’s common sense.

“Senior Rengoku, you should know some information on the upper-ranked third demon Akaza right?”

“Akaza, from information previously collected by ‘Yin’ seemed to say that he had a strong means of perception…wait a minute, Mr. Feng, you can’t be!”

“Were Mr. Feng and Mr. Rengoku quarreling?”

When Tanjiro saw Maple and Rengoku walking back from the neighboring compartment, he could not help but ask this question.

Because anyone could see that Rengoku Kyojuro’s face was like he just had a battle.

“Mr. Feng…”

Tanjiro tried to probe by asking, however, the one who interrupted his sentence was Kyojuro who seemed to have met a big enemy.

“Tanjiro, don’t you need to worry, Mr. Feng was just discussing a battle plan, now it has been confirmed that in this train, there is one of the twelve demon moons, we need to prepare for battle.”

“Battle?! Where?”

The moment Inosuke heard the word “battle”, he was immediately full of spirit, if not because of Zenitsu, who besides him, had fast reflexes, Inosuke would probably have drawn his blade, 

“However, next I will transfer my right of command to Mr. Feng, everyone must follow Mr. Feng’s order.”

Kyojuro clapped Inosuke’s shoulder, and let him not rush, his solemn gaze swept across all three young men.

“All three of you, Mr. Feng’s next battle for the demon slayer corps is extremely important! Seriously follow Mr. Feng’s orders!”

“Yes!”

Seeing the three little pillars had understood the task’s importance, Kyojuro nodded his head and looked at Maple, who was beside him.

“Mr. Feng, it’s up to you now.”

“Don’t worry, as long as the one who comes is Akaza, we will be halfway to success.”

Maple smilingly replied and immediately started his arrangement.

“Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, the three of you and senior Rengoku should temporarily stay here, next I will prepare a ritual, all you just remember one point, do not let anyone disturb me, understand?”

“Understood! Don’t worry Mr. Feng, as long as I do not die, I won’t let you be disturbed!”

Tanjiro nodded his head, and solemnly guaranteed, although he did not know what Maple meant by “ritual”, Tanjiro understood that this so-called “ritual” would be very important for the next step.

Maple nodded gently and exchanged a look with Kyojuro, and activated a sword art “spiritual wall” in the already emptied seat. Temporarily sealing everyone’s senses towards this area.

Along with the activation of the spiritual wall, Maple’s surroundings also become silent, although he could see the serious Kyojuro and the rest on the corridor, he understood that he had entered a “hidden” state.

“There is still a bit of suppression from the world. However, it is already much better than when I have not mastered the breathing technique, this… “approval” towards my existence?"

Maple felt the spiritual strength within the ritual magic, there was something that “looked at” him.

“Then, let’s proceed, this is the first time I performed this kind of ‘traditional’ ritual magic.”

While speaking, Maple also used a small knife to draw a picture that looked like his essence, the [endless river of death], on the table in front of him.

[Endless river of death] was drawn in a swirl pattern as a base, looking like the galan cave inside his soul, and also covered with a Mobius circle whose end was connected to the river, which represented the endless death in the long river of essence.

Following that, Maple stood up, and drew out the “soul blade” that was bound to his soul, and placed it horizontally on the table, the blade covered the upper part of [endless river of death], the blade’s sharp end pointed towards himself.

Maple normally would not bring with him candles specially manufactured for rituals, but since the target of the ritual was himself, Maple made some adjustments, and used “soul blade” to simplify a “one-person dual ritual method”.

Finishing the personally modified ritual, Maple took out three pieces of thin palm-sized silver-covered iron and placed them around the blade’s sharp end, this would be the medium for his talisman-making.

At this moment, everything had been prepared, Maple lightly closed his eyes and used meditation to empty his mind, the long-prepared prayer was recited in an ancient Hermetic language inherited from the soul.

“Infinite death, everything returns to ruins;

You are the void of eternity, the end of all things;

You are the infinite annihilator.

I pray for your attention,

I pray that you will give me the power to make the amulet of suffering.”

In the eyes of Beyonder who understood ritual magic, Maple’s request was undoubtedly extremely flippant and rude, there was even a chance to receive a “divine punishment”, but who asked Maple to perform “one person as two people”?

Sorry, if there was an essence then one could indeed “act as one like”.

Along with prayer, that [endless river of death] in the spiritual world “reacted”, and lightly touched Maple’s spirituality, informing him that there is an incoming “call”.

Feeling the “hint” from the spirituality, Maple immediately recalled the kind of “elevating” feel, and followed along the essence’s lead, his spiritual body once again went through the disorienting spiritual world, and arrived in that familiar “courtyard”.

However, this time, Maple did not enter the “cabin”, but stood beside the long river’s coast, looking down at the dreamy surface of the river.

The river’s reflection continued to transform, finally transforming into the scene where he performed the ritual, and he heard a somewhat distorted voice that passed through the dreamy long river, before reaching his ears.

“Permitted.”

This was a thought transferred by Maple through spirituality towards the essence, although unable to perform [endless river of death]’s true power, Maple also only needed a little bit of its higher-level spirituality.

“Um, the consumption is still acceptable, and will not affect the next “highlight”.”

After assessing the consumption for this action, Maple nodded his head and was relieved.

“After all, I just started this action when I was a mid-sequence, naturally I can be more relaxed.”

While thinking, Maple also noticed the essence of spreading spirituality by being guided by the ritual and immediately returned to the material world.

Once again opening his eyes, Maple immediately noticed the symbol he carved on the table, was bursting with strong spiritual power.

The hidden gray air of [death] spirituality was imprisoned by the “spiritual wall” within the ritual area and did not burst out of its terrifying contamination and lethality.

If not because Maple would not be affected due to being from a similar source, he also did not dare to neglect it.

He carved the dragon shield pattern of the [brand of suffering] onto the silver-coated iron pieces, while controlling the precious high-level spirituality, preparing again to transfer the [brand of suffering] to the three pieces of talisman.

“Hu…finally done.”

Finishing the final carving, Maple’s spirituality was slightly touched, the three “brands of suffering” had also absorbed the glowing spirituality on its surface, and become pieces of “normal” protection talisman.

“These three pieces of talismans will become Tanjiro and the other two’s reward for the task ahead. This way, there will not be any strange ‘karma’.”

Rubbing the three talismans that seemed to have a temperature, Maple said in satisfaction, while cleaning out the scattered iron flakes, and temporarily removed the isolation from the “spiritual wall”.

“Mr. Feng! How is it? Is the ritual a success?”

Seeing Maple had reappeared, Tanjiro paused and released a relieved sigh, the originally tense mentality had also loosened, God knew how many kinds of attacks he thought of that he might encounter!

But Maple’s next words, once again raised Tanjiro and the other two’s vigilance…

4