Chapter 1 – ROAD ROLLER
864 22 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ah... this is the life. Briskly walking through crowds of people, weaving my way toward a fair-skinned girl sitting on a wooden bench. She was dazzling, her glossy jet-black hair fell to slightly below her shoulders. With brown eyes that seemed to shimmer in the sun and a face that bewitched all that saw it, she could only be described as a beauty.

 

She wore pale blue jeans with a white tank top, her arms and shoulders covered by a thick jacket. Her eyelashes quivered ever so slightly as she scrolled her phone, an excited look evident on her face.

 

...

 

"Yea, who the fuck wrote this?" I mumbled as I checked the name," James, huh? What a fucking simp, no, stalker would be more appropriate." I, for one, didn't find her nearly as attractive as my friends' described her. I mean, I can list tens, if not hundreds of people (characters) that were many times more attractive than her! Well, my friends seem to treat her like a goddess (simps, I know right). In fact, most of the men in my class - no, college- were infatuated with her.

 

Like what's so attractive about h-. My thoughts were cut off when I realized Jean - the girl - was waving at me. Putting on my best happy face, I went to greet her. 

 

"It's been a while since I've seen you, how are you?" I said enthusiastically. "Oh, come on Jack, it's only been a few days since we last saw each other." She let out a small chuckle, causing the nearby James to smile.

 

The rest of the conversation was pretty mundane, the common "How's life" talk and all, we weren't dating or anything, we were just friends. The reason we met each other today was to discuss our proceedings on our group project, which we were stuck together in. 

 

My friends thought I was lucky as fuck, saying shit like "Bro just started touching grass and he's already hit the jackpot." I mean, I guess she's above average but not by that much, you ain't gotta exaggerate just because you're her dog.

 

Laughing at one of her jokes, I closed my eyes and let out a smile, but when I opened my eyes, everybody was suddenly surrounding me in a large circle in an instant. Even Jean was there, seemingly not realizing that I'd disappeared and continuing to walk forward.

 

What happened? "Jean? Oi, you can't just leave without me" I joked as I watched a figure slowly melt into the sea of people, which strangely didn't intrude this large space.

 

What is this? Some prank? No way, nobody would be able to get all these people to do the right thing at the same time without one stupidly fucking it up. I thought as I watched the people skillfully evade the empty space; or should I say glitch. It looked like they were glitching around it, like trying to walk through an invisible entity in a game and being forced around it.

 

Rearing my head, my heart stopped. Well, figuratively. A yellow-colored... vehicle was approaching me at an insane speed, it dropped from the sky like an anvil, threatening to crush me beneath it. I would've run, but my body seemed to not want to move, as though it had accepted its inevitable fate.

 

As I succumbed to fear, my thoughts became incoherent. I recalled my life in my final moments... Damn, that's depressing... I had no meaningful memories, other than coming out on top in a Debate about my favorite anime of course. (What? That's not a meaningful memory? Shut up, you imbecile.)

 

As the large yellow vehicle became close enough for me to recognize it, my incoherent thoughts were suddenly vanquished, as confusion etched itself on every part of my face. "Is that Road Roller!?!?!" As if on cue, I could almost hear DIO's laugh as my vision went black.

 

 

LET ME COOK

 

also have a nice day ❤️

 

I've set up a patreon if anybody wants to join: patreon.com/Takaie

Join if you have any suggestions, I'll have a post where everybody can give their suggestions. (And other stuff)❤️

25