441
157 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

441

Luffy's footsteps echoed off the polished white floors of Marineford's main corridor as he made his way toward Fleet Admiral Sengoku's office. He rolled his shoulders, relaxing after the long Warlord meeting. 

As he walked, Luffy's gaze wandered over the "Wanted" posters tacked to the walls. A cluster of bounties caught his attention - each figure wore an odd disguise alongside a high-collared cape. "Sogeking" read one pronouncement. The others named 'Gintaro,' 'Yotaro,' 'Archy,' 'Cricky,' 'Mani,' 'Hatchi' and 'Franky.

Luffy paused, eyeing at the poster board. After Enies Lobby, rumors had spread like wildfire about these so-called "Great Sniper pirates" and their role in that disaster. Just one look at the incredible bounties on their heads demonstrated the threat the World Government perceived in them now. 

And in a way, Luffy kind of felt proud about his crew. Even without him, they were able to save Franky. And not only that even kill a Vice Admiral like Onigumo. After coming to Marineford, one thing he was able to learn was the skill level of Vice Admirals.

Their power scale wasn't even like the Admirals. Some Vice Admirals were super strong, while others barely made the ranks due to contribution, connections or corruption. And Onigumo was one of the skilled one with how the other Vice Admiral spoke about him. It just showed how much his crew had grown to fight such a powerful man. 

Especially Usopp and Gin. The bounty board where the posters were pinned was a common spot for marines to discuss about the pirates. And over the few days, he had heard many wild stories about his crew. 

That was quite funny in some ways. Reaching Sengoku's door, Luffy swept inside without ceremony. The Fleet Admiral sat upright behind his desk, the very model of strict Navy discipline. In contrast, Vice Admiral Garp occupied the nearby sofa, happily munching rice crackers and leaving crumbs everywhere. Some things never changed.

Sengoku nodded in greeting. "Ah Luffy, thank you for seeing me before your departure. Please have a seat."

Luffy plopped down lazily across from Sengoku while Garp crammed another fistful of snacks into his mouth. For all his appearances of idle unprofessionalism, Garp's shrewd gaze fixed intently on his grandson. A glimmer of pride lit his eyes that Luffy caught, the old man could be such a Tsundere sometimes. 

"I'll get right to business," Sengoku said, bringing Luffy attention to him, "As you know, one Warlord unfortunately remained absent from our latest assembly despite multiple invitations - Gecko Moria. He isn't like Mihawk, and we need to make sure he can do his job. I would usually send marines, but we have other things to worry about." 

Luffy nodded, a bit surprised. But he was planning to go there anyway. So it wasn't anything bad.

Stroking his braided beard, Sengoku continued gravely, "With the war against Kaido on the horizon, Moria's participation is critical. He might not be as strong as he used to be, but his powers can be useful in more than one ways."

Luffy raised an eyebrow, "It looks to me like he's just scared shitless after getting his ass beat by Kaido." 

Garp who sat behind laughed, as he continued munching on his rice crackers. 

"That might as well be," Sengoku sighed, "I would usually send in some marine ships. But some of them had gone missing." He said with a bit of anger in his voice, "Thriller Bark is pretty hard to navigate, but I'm sure he had something to do with it. I would usually send in one of the admirals, but with the recent war, they are a bit occupied. Therefore I would assign you the task of meeting Moria on his domain of Thriller Bark." Sengoku finished. "In some ways, this is your first given mission as a warlord. You have one month to do it." 

Luffy leaned back, considering the request, "You know you are forgetting that I'm not one of your marines that you can order around." He said nonchalantly, "But I don't have anything to do either… and me and my crew are planning on going to Sabaody before the war… so yeah, I can do it. The pay better be good though."

"Of course. You have my thanks," The marine said, before Luffy asked one question.

"By the way, I'm curious, why can't you send Kuma to Moria… I mean, his paw paw fruit powers does have some pretty good abilities." 

At this, Sengoku hesitated briefly. But before he spoke, Garp cut in brusquely around a mouthful of rice crackers. "Kuma's off on assignment for that crackpot scientist Vegapunk." He said in a grumbling tone, "It was sudden too… and might not be here until the war. So yeah, he's off duty." 

Luffy raised an eyebrow, so the pacifista project is getting picked up. It did make sense, with Zoan drug at play here, the world government would most likely try to do something to even their field.

For now Luffy adopted a thoughtful look. "Sure, whatever you say, old man. Thriller Bark could be interesting at least. Consider Moria retrieved." Luffy said cracking his knuckles, "Can I use force if words don't work?"

Hearing that Garp laughed, while the Fleet Admiral sighed, "Sure, if things call for it." 

"Shishishi… I already like the sound of that, old man."

As Luffy made to stand, Sengoku offhandedly tapped the array of new bounties spread atop his desk. "One more item. Should you encounter any of these so-called 'Great Snipers Pirates' in your travels, you would do well to eliminate them given the chance. Their alliance with Kid pirates is a worrying thing considering a war is near."

Luffy nodded, smoothly lying through a well-used mask, "Sure… but call it a hunch, I think the Kid pirates are the real threats. But I will see what I can do."

With that Luffy walked off, internally laughing his ass off, as he exited the office.

-----

Shameless Pa-atreon plug. I've got one, goes by the username (FallenCrown) on there. 
Support me if you want, but don't feel pressured, I'll be uploading my stuff outside it regardless and not keeping it all behind a paywall or anything like that.
Read my other fics if you have the time. If you want to have a chat with me, hit me up on discord.
discord.gg/Gnxnuw56ks
Gnxnuw56ks

7