446 | New Ship
143 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

446 | New Ship

The new ship was amazing. Named the Thousand Sunny, it was a Brig Sloop a total of seven to eight times as big as Merry had been and painted red, yellow, and white with a big, circular door on each side with a red 1. The deck was unique, covered with live grass, a couple of trees with a swing set, and a hidden pool. 

The pathway to the aft deck was a stairway up on one side and a slide down the other. The inside was filled with several special rooms including, but not limited to, a dining hall/kitchen with an aquarium, a doctor's office, multiple men's and women's bedrooms, and workshops. 

Another two layers sat on top of the doors on the deck, the second floor with three different doors and the third with only one painted with the jolly roger. There was also a separate room to keep prisoners if need be along with a few other useful rooms.

The top of the main mast held the crow's nest which doubled as both a weight training area —which was exceptionally big, enough to fit the giant zoan users of the crew if needed— and an observatory while the community bathroom was at the end of the ship. A secondary mast poked out from over the third floor, the black flag of the Straw Hat Pirates flying proudly from the top of both masts. 

The figurehead looked like a lion with crossbones under it and a large paw on either side, though there was a debate going on in-between the crew if it was actually a sunflower or not.

The steering wheel was just behind it on the bow, with a control-panel that connected to more of the advanced functions of the ship. 

It seemed the technology from the so-called dungeon beneath Skypiea, helped Franky quite a lot in coming up with new ideas. Reverse engineering that tech there took quite a while, and mainly that was the reason why the new ship took a lot of time to build. But it was all worth it, Franky even took the chance to put up some space in certain areas for future upgrades. So all in all, the ship was finally done.

The Straw Hat crew was all over the place, exploring their new home while the Franky, Usopp and Anchor were doing their last-minute adjustments on the ship. The ship certainly took longer then expected. 

With only Franky having the necessary background on complicated ship work, he had to set aside quite a bit of time to teach Usopp and Anchor about a few things. But they weren't the only ones. Shachi, Penguin, and even Cricket tried to learn what they could from him. 

Cricket because he had some interest in ship work, and while Shachi and Penguin wanted to rebuild their submarine ship from scratch. Both former heart pirates were kind of part of the Straw Hat crew. 

But after the whole incident in Jaya, they had decided to halt their pirate journeys for a while. The people of Skypiea were nice and both of them weren't against the idea of settling things for a while. So for now, both Shachi and Penguin won't be coming along the journey with the Straw Hats. 

Law knew something like this might happen, and he respected their choice. Luffy didn't mind either, Bepo was a bit sad, but he would remain with the main straw hat crew and help fulfill Law's dream. 

Other then that, the new ship was big enough to fit the whole crew and more. Of course, this ship was bigger than the original Thousand Sunny, and with the crew's growing numbers there was a chance in future a bigger ship might be needed. However, that was less likely to happen. 

Luffy's crew would have more officers than Shank's crew, but it wouldn't be as big as Whitebeard's crew. Law's own crew's demise had taught him a few things in that regard. But at the same time, he wouldn't shy away from recruiting people. Even if they weren't strong, if they had a worthy dream, they would be welcomed on the ship. That's how things were and will be. Not everyone in the crew needs to be strong. 

"Man, the ship's a big…" Usopp said, scratching the back of his neck, "I kind of miss the cozy feel of the Going Merry." 

"It was getting overcrowded in my opinion," Zoro added, getting an annoyed glare from Usopp, "And besides the ship is meant to stand against the Yonko and their crew, this new ship will do well. Merry wasn't meant for that kind of stress, and well, what kind of crew would overburden its own crewmate." 

Even though Usopp didn't like to hear that, it was the truth. Even he didn't want to overburden the Going Merry. And as for where the ship was. 

Well, the Going Merry —in its shrunken state— was now floating inside the aquarium inside the Sunny, and even the sea king Momoo —also in its shrunken state— was swimming the small containment of water. With Usopp's handy powers, this kind of thing was possible. 

Oh, speaking of giants. Oimo and Kashii —the giant gatekeepers of Enies Lobby— had come to Jaya with the crew, but both of them wanted to get to Little Garden.

Usually, that wouldn't be possible, as most sane sailors wouldn't visit Little Garden due to the danger and the long time it took for the log pose to reset. But Luffy's bounty-hunting organizations kept almost all of the island's permanent log poses. 

And after Jaya unofficially became Luffy's territory, many members were up for work. So with a bit of difficulty, Usopp and Yosaku managed to send the giants to Little Garden. In some way, this might give the crew an opportunity to build good relationship in the near future. 

"Oi, Usopp!" Gin called, bringing the sniper's attention, he was holding a flintlock. Beside him were, Sparky, Robin, and Cricket also having their own handy guns. "Throw some boards for us… we wanna see who's the beast?" 

"Eh? What about me?" Usopp asked, while the Gin gave him a deadpan look. None of them would be able to beat him when it comes to a shooting contest, so most of the time, he was charged with handling these sort of competitions. 

After a bit of back and forth, Usopp agreed, setting up things for the crew to have their shooting competition. This in a way also helped the gun users of the crew get better at using their weapons, so Luffy really encouraged it. 

However, in his case, he would only use his fingers not actual guns. But then again, his air bullets are just as lethal as regular ones. 

"Heh, did you check out the new training room?" Johnny asked towards Bartolomeo, and Yosaku, "It now has the new gravity training function… and I will have you know, I can easily go times there…" he said puffing up his chest a bit. 

"Yeah, yeah… but that's with your zoan powers," Yosaku said rolling his eyes, "Try going even two times without relying on your powers." 

Bartolomeo chuckled at that, gaining a grumble from Johnny. On the sky, Chopper and Bepo were riding on White Fury, as the white snake flew through the sky with its wings. 

Most of the straw hats were now the Thousand Sunny's deck. It was quite large, enough to throw a party if need be, and it was prepared in a way, that accommodated the crew's need. On one side there was a protein bar. As the crew had a non-alcohol policy, this place was mainly for the crew to get drinks and shakes if need be. It was decorated with mostly protein or normal drinks, but there was also dried jerky available there.

By its side was another stand, where Hatchan could cook fresh fish or takoyaki if need be. And there was also a small semi-permanent baroque stand. Of course, there were multiple benches around for the crew to mingle around. 

Most of the Straw Hat crew were here, and even though the ship wouldn't sail today, they were getting accustomed to their new home. The next day, they would venture out for Thriller Burk, but today, they were going to enjoy it. 

-----

Shameless Pa-atreon plug. I've got one, goes by the username (FallenCrown) on there. 
Support me if you want, but don't feel pressured, I'll be uploading my stuff outside it regardless and not keeping it all behind a paywall or anything like that.
Read my other fics if you have the time. If you want to have a chat with me, hit me up on discord.
discord.gg/Gnxnuw56ks
Gnxnuw56ks

8