Arc One- Chapter 3
268 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc One- Chapter 3


Updates: Fully edited but if grammar or error found, please let me know in the comment below.


Japan Islands was estimated to be around 196,476,700s a population of humans this year. But like every estimation, that number was never accurate due to multiple causes and effects. The fact of the matter was that Japan's population before the shit hit the fan was much higher than that. So, there's no helping it if nearly 80% of all of them had Turned.

Tokyo as the capital city had more than 12.6 million people all year round. And before the Apocalypse started, this current time of the year, it is the location where a couple of international competitions was taking place. So, there was even more youngsters around than normal. The streets were full of zombies of all uniforms, races, and ages. 

As a result, the majority of the zombies that I had killed was youngsters, teenagers to college students. Those that were still wearing their school uniform was the majority of the youngsters that were killed by me. It does not feel good killing them. Even though I am not a social person, I still feel quite solemn doing this.

Especially middle school students and high school students. Thinking about it for a couple of minutes, I now know why there was a lot of middle school student and high school students around his location. It was because of the 3 different kinds of Inter-High tournaments and International Conferences taking place in Tokyo this year. Thus, the large increase in students in this part of the city was normal.

In the Tokyo district, the Kirin City Yaesu was a large underground shopping center, located in Chuo City. It was one of the major shopping sites in Tokyo, Japan. Known for all sorts of shops and goods, Kirin City Yaesu was never short of people coming and going.

The number of people that survive but are trapped inside Kirin City will be very high: probably in the thousand(s) if they were lucky. This means that there will be a large number of zombies as there might be for survivors.

When I rushed toward Kirin City with Stigma, the military was already there. Oddly enough. How and when did they come from? How come I didn’t notice them at all? Ahhh? They all know how to control their breathing? Ahh, those are the Special Martial Arts Team from the Japanese Special Military Forces.

However, they aren’t using guns. Rather, they were using tactics that involved a lot of wires. Stainless steel wires with some kinds of reinforced fiber optic strings. Why do I feel that these reinforced fiber optic strings are a bit far too high tech for the current technology development?

Hocked one wire to multiple angles and put that wire under tens of thousands of pressures. And then, let it loose one angle at a time before pulling the pressure on the wire again. At one time of losing the angle of the wire, more than a hundred zombies would be beheaded. There's a couple of zombies that went by but those are killed by the military soldier(?) with swords and bows.

They’re conserving ammo? Who’s the genius idea was that? I really want to meet that person.

A-ree? Why does my spine get shivered when I think of meeting the person who came up with this idea.

Never mind then. I trusted my intuition and instinct more than what I see.

Since the soldiers got this covered, I should continue to collect resources while I can.

I don’t want the military to find me so I left that street and went into 4 Chome Tsukiji, where the Tsukiji Market and Tokyo Stay Tsukiji hotel was.

On that block, I collected everything from every store that I came across and killed every zombie that I could. Which, includes animals zombies, and even children.

Sometimes, I change my weapons from the bows to the melee weapons, the pickaxe, and the katana that I had with me. It was slightly fun watches zombies' heads exploded from meeting the pickaxe but it was also really disgusting since it stinks. Very badly.

I really wanted to go to the Tobu Store using the Kachidoki Bridge but... right after the Sumida river and Hatoba Park, anything past the Sumida River is gone. Along with Haneda Airport.

Checking the quest, I found out that there’s only one more thing left to be completed before this mission is complete.

*** 1st Active Mission ***
Mission's Name: 1st Priority
+Details: Master needs to finish some priorities for survival in the apocalypse. Please prepare yourself to learn how to live in this time of Apocalypse.

Primary Resources Gathering:
+Food x100kg and Clean Water x50 gallons [Complete]
+Kills 500 Class 12 Zombies [Complete]
+Additional Resources: 5 types of Seeds of your chosen x100kg total [Complete], Wood resources of your chosen x50tons total [Complete], Metals Resources of your chosen x 50tons total[Complete]
+Find materials for Solar Energy

+Rewards: Zombie Coins x 100, Analysis Catalog, Two Solar Panel from the year 2540(Alternative World).

Battery huh. I've found a lot of batteries for a variety of different kinds of things but for solar panels? I haven’t found one yet.

Which means that I would have to hit a home center or an Auto-store. The nearest one is Royal Home Center in Kanagawa, Kawasaki. Or I could try to see if I can go to the Keiyo D2.

There is one Keiyo D2 in Minato City, in 4 chome. However... it's gone. So, I would have to go to the one in Fujisawa Kanagawa 2 chome, instead. Why South toward Yokohama? That’s because I have a feeling that the northern and western parts of Tokyo would soon be occupied by the Military and the Government forces. Not only that, there are family clans here in Tokyo that I do not want to make contact with. Those old foxes are a pain in the ass.

So, for now, to the south of Tokyo.

... That’s a very good idea.

However, let me check my Inventory first.

The Inventory came with the Zombie Slaying System.

It doesn’t have a limitation that I know of. Which was why I didn’t worry that there won’t be any space for the things that I had collected. I am not worried about the limitation of the inventory but I do worry about its organizing cleanness and how efficient I can make use of resources when I want to. Thus, once in a while, I have to check to make sure that things go into the right inventory tabs.

Asides from the Inventory, there’s also the Basic Storage Space that came with the Idle System, then there’s the Research Space and Library of the Gods from the Knowledge System, after that, the Barns, Farm Space and Storage Warehouse from the Farming System, and the Weapon Factory that had its own inventory that came with the Martial Arts System.

Although, for the Idle's System's Basic Storage Space, it could only hold things that I bought from the Idle's System's shop. It cannot holds things from this world. As for the Research Space and Library of the Gods from the Knowledge's System, it can only hold on to things that will and could be researched on. Once I put it inside that space and library, it stays there forever and cannot be taken out. For the Barns, Farming Space, and Storage warehouse, it just as it's called. The barns were used to hold on to all kinds of grains and resources.

Inside the Barns, times stop so nothing will ever be rotted.

The Farming Space, however, could only hold on to things like fertilizers, pesticides, tools for farming, seeds, and things like that. As for the Storage Warehouse, it could hold on to anything, really. Woods, irons, resources that can't be placed in the Barns and Farming Space.

As for the Weapon Factory's Inventory from the Martial Arts System, materials that could be used to create and craft weapons can be placed there. Anything weapons-related has no trouble inside. This includes books and manuals that teach anything related to Martial Arts and its weapons.

For example, if I want to, my Igna could stay within the Weapon Factory's Inventory and the Martial Arts System will scan Igna and created copies of the weapon. Everything will be the same as Igna as long as the makeup of the materials was the same. However, currently, I have no resources to craft another Igna yet so all that I could do was let the System saved the blueprint of Igna for later.

The Weapon Factory was why I really wanted to do the Martial Arts System's mission. But since the Martial Arts System hasn't given out any quest or mission yet, all that I could do was do what I can now do.

Now, I’m only using the Inventory from the Zombies Slaying System. I would have to find some time to organize everything in there before I can move or transfer the resources to the other storage place.

Bringing out the list of what’s in my Inventory, a bold list of categories came up:

Appliances
Bathroom
Building Supplies
Doors & Windows
Electrical
Flooring
Hardware
Heating & Cooling
Home Decor & Furniture
Kitchen
Lawn & Garden
Lighting & Ceiling Fans
Molding & Millwork
Outdoor Living
Paint
Plumbing
.....
Smart Home & Security
Storage & Organization
Tools
Electronics
Mens
Womens
Home
Baby and Products
Clothing & Accessories
Jewelry & Watches
Toys
Video Games
Office
Furniture
Beauty
Patio & Garden
Sports & Outdoors
Personal Care
Health and Medications
Pets
Grocery
Luggage
Household Essentials
Automotive
Raw Resources
Handling Products
Housing Products

Under each tap, there are multiple subcategories. For example, under appliances, there are [large appliances] and [small appliances]. Under the Bathroom tap, there are things like paper tissue and cleaning supplies. Under the games, there are video games, PlayStation games, Nintendo Wii U games, Xbox games, and computer games of all sorts.

Anyway, each category has a couple of subcategories. Some have the same label while others don’t.

Okay, so the Solar Panel will later be under the Electric Tab. Nice to know if I need it later.

Making my way toward my destination, I also cleaned up any zombies that I had found. Oddly enough, even when I should be invisible to the zombies, some of them could still sense me. Was it the smell?

This time, I’d stuck a Smell-Block Talisman onto my body and yep, no zombies found me so far. So, I sneakily continuously to kill off all the zombies that I could find. Just... I was slightly worried about how sensitive these zombies are in general.

Hmm. It seems like Father’s Talisman only works for grade 12 and grade 11 zombies. Any higher and it wouldn’t work anymore. Still, there’s enough time for me to make my own Talisman so I won’t complain much.

By the time that I made it to the store, quickly and quietly, the morning lights had already set up so high that it's now afternoon.

On the way, I hit the Shonan Kamakura General Hospital and grabbed all the meds and equipment that I could. Of course, after I killed every zombie in there I searched for survivors. I have a feeling that there’s a survivor here that I need to get to safety.

However, when I got to the birth center of Shonan Kamakura General Hospital... I, for once in a long time in my life, feel very pissed off.

The scenes were very bloody with no survival of any kind. The majority of the body's parts were too small to be from teenagers and adults. So, kids. Will there be any survivors left? Much less a kid?

At least, that’s what I thought when I passed by there. However, reality proved that my instinct was right.

There was a survivor in this hospital. A child. And a newborn baby.

A small boy around 6 years old. The boy had soft light brown hair and was wearing normal clothes for a boy his age. Well, maybe not so normal. The boy was in a three-piece suit, small and fit for his small body. He was hugging a small newborn child in his chest with a large bag behind him. Inside the bags, I can see diapers, clothes, milk powder, water, med for small children, and energy power bars. The size of the bag was too large for a 6 years old boy to handle.

Which means that the boy was here with his parents. But... well... his parents were probably among the zombies outside this room that I’d removed.

The newborn baby didn’t make a sound at all. Either was the 6 years old boy. The boy was watching me with an intensity that didn't fit a boy his age and mentality. His eyes were dark and the cautiousness behind it was vigilance.

“Little boy, let me check your brother to make sure that there’s no illness on him.” I tried to soften my tone as I said to the boy. For once, I talked in a full sentence. Why do I have a feeling that lying to this boy was no good? The boy blinked at me as he watched me kneeling in front of him. Our eyes meet and we calmly look at each other.

The room that they were in was a private office within the Pediatrics Ward. The wall was thick and sound-proof. When I came in, I saw that there was a small refrigerator inside the room. So, there might be food here for the 6 years old boy. However, what I don’t get is why the newborn child didn’t make a sound at all.

I can tell that it was alive. But... what’s this sense of premonition and inkling that the small child might not be a normal child.

Well, it wasn’t like I was a normal child when I was born either. Not when I was born with Him and that Thing.

The boy gave me his sibling without a fuse. How did I know that they are siblings? Intuition.

The boy still hasn’t made a sound either.

I unwrapped the newborn carefully and made sure that his/her head was being supported.

No wounds. No fever. No illness. It seems like this child was just born 3 weeks ago. I wrapped the baby back and made sure to support the neck when I was wrapping the boy. Yes, the child is a boy.

“What about you? Are you injured? Any monster bites on you?” I asked the boy softly.

The boy looked at me for a couple of silent seconds before he shook his head with his eyes not leaving my face at all.

I nodded. Totally trusting this boy. Why? Intuition.

I held the baby in my chest carefully and yet tenderly as I held my hand out to the boy.

“Come on, we have to leave here,” I said softly, trying not to let my voice crack.

The boy didn’t even hesitate as he grabbed my hand. His eyes still haven’t left my face... What's so special about my face? I admit that I am good looking but it wasn’t like I am feminine. My looks were more androgynous like my father. When I was a kid, my looks were somewhat similar to my mother but as I grow up, my body and appearance started to turn more and more androgynous.

Still, I can see why the boy’s looking at me intensely. My eyes. Right now, my eyes have this odd blue glow in it. When I looked at the passing by windows, I could see that the shape of my retinas and irises were different. Sometimes, the glows within were shaped like a flower while other times it was shaped like a star.

Sometimes the glow was deep blue while sometimes it was light glue. In other words, my eyes started to become similar to my father’s eyes. Which, was gifted from God from another world.

Yes. My father can see Spirits and supernatural beings. And it seems that I’m also getting a similar ability with the way that my eyes are evolving.

We continue searching inside the hospital. This time, I didn’t fight any zombies on the way. I just let the drones shoot the zombies silently as we continue onward. This would cause their time limitation to decrease faster but once we’re inside Stigma, I would add more blood if there's a chance.

Of course, on the way, I didn’t forget to grab any resources and whatnot that I found. Including tools, devices, and notes that I can find. Especially books, manuals, and the likes inside the hospital.

The boy’s eyes widened largely as he saw things vanishing in front of him. He just looked at me silently with large eyes full of curiosity and question. But this boy was very sensitive.

He never asked me any question that he knew he shouldn’t ask. Including how I made all of the materials and resources that we passed by vanished. Or where did they all go? He never asked such a question.

Three hours later, I cleared the whole hospital off. Leaving nothing behind. Not even the sheets, gloves, and cleaning supplies. The whole way, the children didn't make a noise at all. 

Which was why I would take these two boys to a safe base. Where was the base again?

During the resource gathering in Tokyo, I’d make sure to get every medicine that I can from any pharmacy that I passed by so there are plenty of medicines in my Inventory. After all, I hit around 30 pharmacies on my way toward my destination. Not only that, but I also grabbed any medicinal catalogs that I found too.

As a result, not three hours later, all the drones had stopped working because they’ve reached the limits that they can be used for today.

After we left the hospital and got into Stigma, the boy held his baby brother and fell asleep. The baby boy made a small sound as its eyes looked at me.

Oddly enough, for a newborn, the baby’s eyes were clear and deep.

“Hungry?” I asked the baby, completely not treating it like a 3 weeks old newborn. The baby blinked its beady eyes at me... How the fuck was that possible? Don’t ask me. Ever since I found out that my father and mother have a System bond to them, I’d stopped questioning things like this already. Shit, I haven’t even questioned why I have my own system when I was only 5 years old.

When I was 5 years old, I had the {Learning System} which made it easier for me to learn and understand anything that I found interesting. However, when the Idle’s System, The Knowledge System, The Martial Arts System, The Zombie Slaying System, and The Farming System got activated 3-4 weeks ago, my Learning System got absorbed into the five systems. Even now, I could still feel the existence of the Learning System just fine. I just can’t use it as I did before. Rather, I would have to use the Knowledge System in place of my Learning System.

I stopped Stigma on the sideways as I took out a water bottle, a bottle with a nipple, the milk powder, and a warming pad. I warmed up the water slightly first before measuring out the powder and water into the bottle. Once the measurements were done, I shook the bottle a couple of times really fast and then let out the air inside before topping it with the nipple again.

I softly place the milk bottle on the baby’s lips. And then, the baby sucks on it like it has been doing it for years.

Odd, why does my action seem so experienced? Like I had done this before? But that's not possible. I don't have memories of a previous life or such a thing. And I don't recall learning how to be a nanny.

Which was... okay, fine. I will stop cursing for now. Such a thing didn't matter much now.

Using one hand to hold the bottle, I used the other hand to make sure that Stigma wouldn't crash as I took the two boys with me to the Military Base. The Survival base that we're going to was located to the north of my house.

What? You would think that I would have let the two boys stay with me? Are you people crazy? Staying with me is far more dangerous than staying with zombies, okay?

They are not staying with me.

While driving, I made sure that Stigma was floating at least 40 feet above the ground. So no zombies see us or hear us at all. The boy was very surprised as he saw the car floating in midair but he never asked any question.

5 hours later, I turned off Stigma’s invisibility mood as I got nearer toward the base and controlled Stigma to land on land to continue on.

The Base is located in Aizubange Town, in Kawanuma-gun in Fukushima prefecture. They made this the base because Bange Kosei General Hospital and Hoshi Dermatology are there along with plenty of farmland. And because Fukushima Kenritsu Aizunorin High School is there.

9 years ago, the government turned Fukushima Kenritsu Aizunorin High School into a military school. Five Buildings were added and the surrounding area was turned into a military training space.

As a result, now, there’s a huge and tall concrete reinforcing wall that separates Aga River and High-Roadway E49, making Aizubange town one of the safest bases in Japan.

Besides Aizubange town, in the Kawanuma District, Aizuwakamatsu city also has its own base too. However, Aizuwakamatsu city is too big at the current time to have been turned into a safe base. As a result, there are still people dying every day there. Unlike Aizubange Town, which has a smaller number of people but enough population to do everything that is needed for a safe base.

The 6 years old boy was called Totsuki Kanae. His younger brother was Totsuki Kyou. Totsuki Kanae was born on March 19, 6 years ago in the same hospital that his brother was born in.

His mother had just given birth to Kyou when the outbreak happened. So, Totsuki Kyou's birthday was on the 28th of February. In a way, he was lucky to have been born earlier than planned. His father... doesn’t exist. According to him.

For three weeks, the two brothers have survived in a hospital being overrun by zombies. The door to that room was locked from inside. However, even I was not naive enough to think that they were only lucky that zombies didn't find them. Because I knew that such things as luck could only happen once in a while, otherwise the two brother's fate might collapse and they would've died already.

I looked at the two brothers and I knew right away that there are some supernatural powers protecting them. The older brother's eyes was far too clean to be normal. And no, I don't mean innocently clean. I mean spiritually clean. And the baby boy's presence feels... odd. I can't get a good reading on the baby boy's ki for some odd reason. Oh, they are humans, alright. Just - not fully.

Anyway, Totsuki agreed to live in Aizubange town because he has a couple of relatives who taught at Fukushima Kenritsu Aizunorin High School by the name of Kuou Ryuichi. There’s also an uncle by the name of Shinonome Seiichirou who also taught there. If not because of that, then the two Totsuki brothers will probably have to live with me for a couple of days before I took them to my father.

Once he knows that I am taking them to their uncle, the boy completely relaxes in the car. Still, the boy never questioned anything that he shouldn't have asked.

On the way, buildings became more scarce along the roads as abandoned cars and dried corpses or skeletons of former humans loiter the ground. Multiple greenhouses and harvested rice fields went by. A survivor was running away from three zombies on the road. I didn’t stop but I did kill the three zombies silently so that person should be safe for a while... unless he was already being bitten. Then, that’s not my problem anymore.

As I got closer and closer toward the base, I could see more and more zombie corpses on the road. Well, at least, those corpses were out of the way.

Three hours later, I can see the wall of the base. I slowed down a bit since more and more soldiers are presented as they patrol around the roads with guns and bows and arrows. Guns, I can understand, but since when did soldiers in Japan started to master or train with archery? 

Although, I don't know how long this tactic will last since zombies would only be getting stronger. And unless the arrows were enhanced or such by Ability users, then soon enough, bows and arrows won't be able to killed zombies anymore.

The Gate and Checkpoint of Aizubange Town was not that big to prevent zombies or survivors who got bitten from slipping inside. The walls were only made with wood and concrete but at the present times, these are enough.

30 soldiers with guns and bows were checking everything and everyone. On top of the wall, there are multiple soldiers surveillance and monitoring the surroundings.

There were a lot of survivors trying to get inside the town. So, the checking routine was very strict.

People are checked for scratches, bite marks, and bloody spots. Even a woman’s PMS was checked thoroughly.

Once it got to our turn, I came out of Stigma, which looks like an SUV, with the two Totsuki boys. The soldiers were surprised that Kanae and Kyou had survived. The soldier who checked me to see if there’s any tissue was very... touchy with his hands. Much to my irked.

Why? Because of my muscles, of course. He was very surprised that I have very dense muscles all over my body. It wasn't because of perverted intentions, otherwise, I would have kicked that soldier in the ass.

They also check my hidden Stigma turned SUV too. And of course, to prevent a mishap, I put 25 large bags of 100lbs. of Rice bags, 5 boxes of dried food like fruits and dried fishes, purified water, and supplies inside the SUV. Things like batteries, water purifier, and plenty of seeds of all kinds were just some of the supplies that I have inside my Stigma. This caused the inside to be packed up.

Once the soldier saw the rice, they asked if I could provide them a couple of bags in exchange for medicines. They probably didn’t care about the other stuff inside aside from the rice... Why? I don’t know.

I exchanged 3 bags for 3 different kinds of medication. Fever med, antibiotics, and vitamins.

Once they finished checking us, I drove my Stigma directly inside.

“Nii-san, how big is the wall?” Kanae asked as he held his baby brother Kyou in his arms, while sitting in the passenger seat, overlooking the surrounding.

“Height is 36 meter tall. Width is 7 meters thick and I think that it went around the whole town with four gate?” I answered the curious boy.

“... 36 meter tall... That’s high enough. 7 meter thick? Hmm... Not good enough. Needs another layer...” The boy murmured.

That’s true. But I can see from where I drove that people were already building another layer of walls about 12 meters away from the outer wall. I can recognize it at a glance since I saw something similar once.

They are creating an isolation layer to make sure that any coming from outside has been watched and treated with med before allowing them inside the wall.

The procedure was very strict. Whoever controls the regulations in this town knows exactly what they should do for safety, takes precautions, and is alert for any unexpectedness at the same time. However, this process only works because the people coming to this safe base was small. If the number of people coming where larger than this processing procedure wouldn't work since it takes time for everything to process.

... Odd. My intuition told me to be both cautious and yet befriended whoever it was that had these ideas.

I looked at Kanae and I can see that the boy’s instinct was already rising as his eyes searched around. I stopped by the local post to see where I can rent a house or apartment for the two kids. Turns out that I need to see the Housing Distribution Center for that. But then, I recalled that these two kids have two relatives living here. Kuou Ryuichi and Shinonome Seiichirou? Then, the boys could probably stay with one of them.

The local post was actually a watchtower that was built to be exactly like a military watchtower only with more spaces for information booths. 12 guards were surrounding the doors and keeping watch while the 2 informants were within the booth helping survivors.

Within a couple of seconds, it was our turn since there aren't that many people in line.

“Hello. Can I get your name?” The woman who manned the desk information booth asked me.

“You don’t need my name since I’m not staying here. I’m just dropping off these two kids. Their names are Totsuki Kanae and Kyou. I believe they have an uncle named Shinonome Seiichirou as a Military teacher in Fukushima Kenritsu Aizunorin High School?” I replied back to the woman.

“Please hold on a second,” The lady said without even looking at me. This was rude but I’m rather pleased by her effectiveness and professional manner that wanted to get everything done as fast as possible.

Yes. The computer for this base was working.

How? Probably due to the commander behind the scene and the technician who works hard to restore the power

The area that my house was located in still hasn't had any electric power restored yet. But, that’s fine for me since I have other power which keeps all my refrigerators and freezer completely powered for a while longer.

“I can see a teacher going by that name. Please hold on a second,” The girl said as he started to dial a call to Fukushima Kenritsu Aizunorin High School. A couple of seconds later, the call was answered and communication was exchanged.

Two minutes of communication exchange later, the lady turns toward us and says, “Shinonome-san will be here in 10 minutes. Please take a seat over there and wait,” The lady pointed toward the wooden bench over by the wall. Taking Kanae’s hand, I took the baby from Kanae and made our way toward the wood bench.

Kanae sensitively sat beside me and did not make any sounds at all while Kyou had already fallen asleep. Being a baby was so easy.

10 minutes later, a tall man with a pretty boy goatee came running in. He was wearing a semi-military outfit and on his waist was a pistol. He looks and feels both fit and active, which means that he kills before and won’t stop killing if he needs to. He's probably one of those people that were active in the military.

He looked around a bit until his eyes landed on Kanae.

“Kanae!” He shouted as he ran toward us. Hearing his name being called, Kanae looked up and saw a tall, slightly muscular man, running toward him. His eyes widened in surprise and hope. I have to stop myself from smiling at the scene.

“Shino-ojii-san!” Kanae ran toward the older man.

No wonder I feel that the name Shinonome Seiichirou was familiar. Now I know why. Shinonome Seiichirou was one of my uncle’s friends from the Military... Still, since when did he become a Military Teacher?

“Kanae, how did you get here? Where’s your mother? Oh, thank god you guys are okay!” The man said worriedly as he hugged the small boy into his chest with tears in his eyes.

I can read his sincerity of emotion inside his eyes so I knew that he wasn’t faking it.

“Mother... is gone. Only Kyou-chan and I are left,” The boy answered clearly with a hint of tears in his eyes for the first time ever since I met the boy. The boy was very good at holding back. Something which kids his age isn't good at. Hell, even when I was at his age, I wasn't that good at holding myself back.

Shinonome-san’s eyes reddened as he sniffed and tried to be strong but totally failing. The image was not very good since the man’s an old man now. Not a teenager or a kid.

“That’s not okay at all but I don’t know what else I can say. Kanae and Kyou-chan can stay with ojii-san from now on, okay?” The man held the boy in his arms as he bit his lips to stop himself from crying. It was either because this man was the emotional kind or because the mother of Kanae and him have a close connection...

I’m leaning toward the belief that they are closed instead of the former. An emotional kind of soldier? Hmm. A teacher who’s emotional empathy who teaches soldiers-to-be?

Well, Interesting.

“Who took you here, Kanae?” Asked the man with the pretty boy goatee.

“Nii-san took me from the hospital,” Kanae said as he pointed at me who was still holding Kyou.

The man held Kanae into his arms as he made his way toward me.

“Hello, I’m Shinonome Seiichirou, Kanae’s uncle from his mother's side. Thank you so much for taking back Kanae and Kyou-chan,” The man bowed deeply after putting Kanae on the ground.

I stood up and nodded toward him as I placed the small newborn Kyou into his arms.

“Where’s your house? I will drop off Kyou’s materials there before going back,” I said softly, trying not to intimidate the man since I am taller and more muscular than him. I don't know if this man known about me since my uncle had never introduced us back when we first met. No, in fact, it seems like this man doesn't even recall ever meeting me.

“Nii-san’s leaving?” Kanae asked, for the first time his face was twisted with a panicked look. I glanced at him.

“Yes, I am only here to see the situation and to drop you two off,” I never planned on staying with anyone. I can’t, anyway. I’m far too independent and too much of a lone-wolf to stay with people. Fuck, I didn’t even stay with my own family members! How the hell would I be able to tolerate someone else?

“...” Kanae’s eyes reddened and tears fell from it freely.

“Why are you crying?” I asked, completely not knowing why this kid who doesn’t even cry when his mother died was crying.

“...” Shinonome also looks at me with a complicated glaze in his eyes.

Suddenly, the newborn baby in Shinonome’s arm cried out for the first time.

“Hmm? Why are you crying too?” I asked the kid and his brother with a tilted head. Feeling both confused and curious.

The baby’s eyes were on me and he was crying.... But why?

“Why are you leaving, Nii-san? Can’t you stay?” Kanae asked with tears in his eyes. His crying has drawn a lot of people’s attention toward them but all three of them ignored the gazes.

“No,” I’m too much of a lone-wolf. Staying with people took too much effort and they were too noisy. The only reason why I agree to take these two brats here was that they are oddly quiet and sensitive.

“Hurry up and take me to your house so that I can drop off the supplies. I wanna go home already,” I said to the older man, Shinonome-san. I had already talked more than a hundred words. I don’t want to open my mouth again for the rest of this year. I glared at the man with a look that told him to shut up and do as I said.

Shinonome-san shakes a bit before nodding and hushing Kyou in his arms. As a result, Kanae was the one that took my hand into his small ones.

Shinonome-san took us to his house near the school. During the whole way, Kanae was clutching onto my hand with a death grip. Not letting go at all. The emotions and aura that I sense from these boys and that man was going to give me a headache.

We reach the destination in what looks like a neighborhood of apartments near the school.

I didn’t forget that Aizubange town had 10 new build apartment complexes here just 4 years ago. Why do I know this? Well, that’s because one of my uncle’s wife was from here so I came here a couple of times before. And because one of my father’s condominiums property was right across from the street. Well, he sold the building already so it isn't his anymore.

This apartment complex has 28 floors. Each residential unit has its own patio/terrace. Each floor has 12 units complexes with four bedrooms, three bedrooms, or two bedrooms per unit complex. Of course, there is another two floors worth of studio unit, too. The walls are thick and strong, the supporters beams are all metal with reinforcement against corrosion and rust. In another word, this whole apartment complex was very high-end.

Each floor has its own security guards and there were only two elevators that used electronics. However, unlike other apartment complex, this building has four sets of stairs on each corner of the building

As a result, the security of this place was tight enough for a big-shot to live here.

Shinonome’s unit complex is on the 17th floor. His unit was bought by him long before the apocalypse. Unit 17050. In other words, this apartment complex was actually a large condominium. 5 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and one sauna room. A large kitchen and three storage closets along with a large living room. His unit alone took 1/4 of this whole floor.

Once we got inside the unit, I didn’t bother to wait for the owner to say anything and took out five boxes of milk powder, 50 large 5 gallons of purified water, 25 boxes of baby diapers from newborn to age 3, 12 bags of 100 lbs rice, two stashes of medicines, 5 bags of different kinds of seeds and the proper supplies to get it to grow including nutrition solution and a hand-book written by my grandmother. Well, it's a copy but it still has everything that they need to know about indoor gardening and how to take care of them.

Not only that, I also left 4 more books that were written by my father, who had been to a lot of apocalyptic worlds before. Plenty of times, in fact.

One of those books teaches how to make sure that the water won’t get contaminated even after more than 100 zombies were killed in the water sources. Something that this town needed to know about.

The second book teaches how to make sure that if a mutation occurs with the plants that they plant, what and how they should take care of it without getting infected themselves. How Safety and Personal Safety was always first and foremost.

The rest of the books were teaching materials for things like creating their own energy solar panel. It might not be as strong as the one that professionals create using high technology but at the very least, it would provide enough energy for a family of 10 to heat up water for drinking and bathing.

Kanae, seeing that I was going to leave, without hesitation, hugged my legs tightly as he silently started to cry.

Why is this child so attached to me? It's not like we interact much during the trips.

Kyou also started crying too as his little hand started to move around a bit. Since Kyou was just a newborn, not even a month old, he doesn’t have the energy to move his body much. Being able to cry and move this much was already god-sent!

Shinonome-san looks shocked at the behavior of his nephews but he doesn’t say anything. He can’t say anything, in fact.

I bent my knees down and looked at the silently crying brat whose face was smashed into my thigh, wetting my clothes with tears and substance.

“Why are you crying?” I asked the boy with a calm and soft voice.

“Why aren’t you staying?” The damn brat asked me in return.

“Because I don’t want to be around humans,” I answered without any hesitation. “I don’t even want to be around animals, why on earth would I tolerate humans? Shit, I don’t even want to live with my own family members.” I said calmly to the boy.

“... Even me and Kyou-chan?” Kanae asked softly as he looked at me with teary eyes full of tears. The tears dropped from his eyes without any hesitation.

This boy’s eyes were very clear and clean with determination and resolve within but for some reason, there’s this feeling of indifference and deep profound within his eyes. Wisdom and intelligent wickedness dance around the boy’s eyes once in a while.

Fuck, I can even read the thoughts of how this boy wanted to cage me in here with him but he can’t because he knows that he won’t be able to keep me here.

“Yes, even you two, too. I hate talking. Even when you two are very sensitive and quiet, which I admit was what caused me to take you two with me, I still don’t want to be near people.” I said to the brat as I unclenched his hand away from my pants without hesitation.

“Besides, with you two near me, it would only drag me down. I have things that I wanted to do and having you two with me is impossible.” I started plainly with a slightly hoarse voice. Shit, I talk too much so my voice has already started to crack. I frown as I place my hand over my throat.

The boy’s eyes widened in shock before more tears dropped down from his eyes.

I can see and feel the glazes of everyone within a certain distance here looking at me with shock and condemned eyes. Some people were already spitting fire in my direction. I don’t mean the humans in this world, okay? But rather the high beings that were watching me.

“... Fine. I will visit you two once every 3 months, happy?” I said as the last compromise. They don’t owe me anything but I also don’t owe them anything. And yet, my instinct tells me to help them back at the hospital. So, this could only mean that one way or another, they would be involved with me regardless if I wanted it or not.

The crying Kyou stopped crying at that while Kanae blinked his eyes to get the tears away from his vision.

“Really?” Kanae asked with hope and anticipation in his voice as he took my hand into his two smaller ones. He clenched it tightly, not wanting to let go. The two small hands feel slightly warm and tender. But for some reason, all that I could feel from the touch was pure indifference coldness.

“... Yeah.” I really wanted to say once a year but I have a feeling that Kanae wouldn’t let go if I said so. Hurry and let go so that I can go home before another rain comes down. It's already near that time.

Kanae still won’t let go of my hands.

Sighing out loud, I started to feel both annoyed and tired of interacting with other people. Even if they were kids.

It's not that I hate kids. I just don’t want to be here. Why? That would be because I am far too sensitive toward human presence, aura, emotions, and noises.

Ever since I was 6 years old and started to learn martial arts with my father and grandpa, I've learned how to meditate and sense presences. Which caused my lone-wolf personality to get even more lonely. It was to the point that I didn’t even want to stay with my own family members. Why? That would be because sensing my father’s presence was not good for my heart. Why? Why indeed? That would be because my father’s presence was like a large, dark, chaotic, and extremely strong Sun ten times the size of our current sun.

It overwhelms me a lot of times. When I was a kid, there was no problem with me staying with my family members. But as I got stronger and stronger, I started to sense the strengths that my father tried to hideaway from me.

And oh boy, was that a fun time.

This was the main reason why I left the house when I was only 16 years old. Because my father cannot hide his presence away from me anymore. So, I have to leave the family house.

Now, my strengths and sensitivity were far stronger than back then. So, I can sense everything; Presence/aura, breath, sounds, smells, etc. etc. within 150 meters from myself with a clarify that causes me countless headaches. There was a reason why my own building apartment complex was built the way it was.

Fuck, I could even make out that Shinonome had another smell over his own natural smell. Another person’s smell.

And it’s a male too.

This means that Shinonome has a lover who’s a male. And that person is strong. Strong enough to cause my bloodlust to ignite.

Staying here was already causing my instinct to sharpen with bloodlust. The only thing that’s stopping me from erupting with bloodlust right now was the kids.

After promising Kanae and Kyou that I would visit them within the next couple of months, I left after leaving Kanae my address and the method on how to contact me. Since this base still has electric and phone services, I just left behind one of my Satellite phones with Kanae and taught him how to contact me and when.

I don’t know how long the satellite will still work for but I do know that my so-called Satellite phone will still work even if the satellite orbiting the earth is gone. After all, those phones are made by my father. As long as I am alive, those devices will work regardless of what happened.

Rain and hail started to come down just as I was going to leave the town’s gate. So the people outside started panicking and rushed to hide away from the hail. The walls have just created a couple of areas for hail protection during the day so there was no need to worry that people would die from it.

I waited for 1.5 hours before the hail and rain stopped. The sun was completely blocked by the clouds but it was slowly changing. Thus the temperature was getting better and better. People started to get back into line for their check in to the town as I left.

On the way out, a group of soldiers asked me to give them a ride to the edge of this prefecture. They are on their way to kill more zombies and secure the area a little bit more. I agree only so that the soldiers will have a good impression of me. Who knows what will happen later, so for now, making a good impression was better for me.

45 minutes later, the soldiers, who were staying inside my Stigma and on the roof of my Stigma got off and started to make their way back toward the base, killing anything that they could with bows and arrows while occasionally drawing in more zombies with gunshots. 

They also have a presence scanner with them, which scans up to 3 miles away from them for any survivors.

Looking at the scanner, I can tell that they have a deal with someone who’s very good at technology engineering.

Why? Because that scanner was not something which this current time should have. It would take another 50-70 years for the current technology to naturally create this type of scanner.

... A time traveler? Or a Dimensional Traveler?

... I hope that whoever they are, they wouldn’t affect the orbits of this world too much. Otherwise, I would have to kill them.

Since this world is the Original World for my Father, the apocalyptic era will not stay for long. The longest would be 70 years and the shortest would be 50 years. However, if Time Traveler or Dimensional Traveler started to mess with the world’s Core Energy and Will, then this world would collapse. This means that the Person and Thing that Father had helped me hide inside the World’s Core would be out. The Person can come out. I really hope that he could come out already but the Thing? Well... NO. Never.

... And I really don’t want that to happen.

That Thing inside the World’s Core was something that was born with me.... But.... Sigh.

That Thing... I... Fuck! Forget it! Don’t think about it!

Don’t Remember it!

Forcefully making myself forget, I made my way back toward my apartment.

On the way, I hit any stores and places that have good things that I can and finally found the Solar Panel Battery and its blueprint in a manufacturing site near one of the government buildings. I, of course, killed any zombies that I see too.

After grabbing everything from the stores around here, I made my way home in a somewhat relaxed but caution way.

8